Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,969 members, 7,799,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

10 Questions For Theists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Questions For Theists (2859 Views)

Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? / A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? / Some Simple Questions For Theists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Questions For Theists by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
(This topic wasn't intended to offend, so please try not to take offence)

1. Why did God create the world in 6 days? Why not just instantly do it all in one day if he was all powerful?

2. If God has a plan for us then why pray at all?

3. Why did God punish Adam and Eve for doing wrong if they did not know the difference between right and wrong?

4. Where did God come from?

5. How does a virgin get pregnant?

6. Did God create sin?

7. Why are there so many religion with each one claiming to be the only true one?

8. Between Isaac and Ismael, which one was the legitimate son of Abraham?

9. Why are there no chairs in mosques?

10. What status does Jesus hold in Islam. And what status does Mohammed hold in Christianity?

You don't need to answer all, just attempt one that you know.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Questions For Theists by vjsmiles: 1:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
koice:
[s] (This topic wasn't intended to offend, so please try not to take offence)
1. Why did God create the world in 6 days? Why not just instantly do it all in one day if he was all powerful?
3. Why did God punish Adam and Eve for doing wrong if they did not know the difference between right and wrong?
6. Did God create sin?
7. Why are there so many religion with each one claiming to be the only true one?
10. What status does Jesus hold in Islam. And what status does Mohammed hold in Christianity?
You don't need to answer all, just attempt one that you know[/s]
and when God doesn't bless them..................... angry angry angry
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by johnydon22(m): 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
vjsmiles:
and when God doesn't bless them..................... angry angry angry
what
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
koice:

6. Did God create sin?

OP, this question is for Abrahamist and not theist.

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

OP, this question is for Abrahamist and not theist.

Abrahamist?? So those ones don't qualify as theist... Why??
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by johnydon22(m): 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
koice:

No understand his point.. those questions are derived from the abrahamic god concept, you cannot expect a traditional religionist or hindhu to answer that... gerrit now?

So the questions are for abrahamic theists e.g judaism, islam, christianity, momonism..

2 Likes

Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
johnydon22:

No understand his point.. those questions are derived from the abrahamic god concept, you cannot expect a traditional religionist or hindhu to answer that... gerrit now?

So the questions are for abrahamic theists e.g judaism, islam, christianity, momonism..

When you put it like that, then, Yep.
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
No takers??
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by malvisguy212: 3:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
koice:

6. Did God create sin?

1.is a forestshadowing event, God is trying to tell us how the world will end isaiah 46 say God declared the end from the beginning,why did God throw this in? Read here https://www.nairaland.com/1853536/end-days-end-harvest
2.God want to have a personal relationship with us, bible say he know our desire even before we ask ,God want us to COME to him and ask,how do you make a choice in worship God? By prayer.
3. adam and eve know what is right and wrong the day God command them not to eat from the tree, the reply of eve indicate it,pay close attention to eve reply to the serpent;
He said to the woman, “Did God actually
say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the
garden’?” And the woman said to the
serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the
trees in the garden, but God said, ‘You
shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is
in the midst of the garden, neither shall
you touch it, lest you DIE.’” But the
serpent said to the woman, “You will not
surely die. For God knows that when you
eat of it your eyes will be opened, and
you will be like God, knowing good and
evil.” (Genesis 3:1-5 ESV).
Clearly written here, the woman knows if she eat the fruit she will "DIE" if the woman did not no good or evil no need for satan to trick her, am I right? Ok
4.God is the first caused .
5.a supernatural being can performed more than that, but if you are an atheist and you don't believe in the supernatural,I have nothing to proved to you, haven't you encounter juju and all sort of magic before?
6.the purpose of the universe is not to be morally or physically perfect, but to
provide a place where spiritual creatures can choose to love or reject God - to live with Him forever in a new, perfect universe, or reject Him and live apart from Him for eternity. Without sin or evil people will not be able to make this choice
7. https://www.nairaland.com/1999485/all-religions-lead-god-one
8.Isaac
9.ISLAM contradicts the teaching of Jesus christ
10.muhammed got nothing to do with Christianity.
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Rilwon: 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
Surah Al-Furqan, Verse 14:
[But they will be told:] “Pray not today for one single extinction, but pray for many extinctions!”
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 20, 2015
koice:

Freedom!

koice:

Freewill! God won't force his plans on us.

koice:

koice:

To ask where God came from is to suggest the existence of a place prior to his existence. God simply existed!

koice:

By the power of the Holy Spirit.

koice:

6. Did God create sin?

No and Yes! God didn't intend sin but his creation gives room for sin.

koice:

Freedom!
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 20, 2015
striktlymi:

Freedom!
If God could command light to appear and light complied, what stopped him from doing same to the rest of the creation and thus, save himself from all the hassle of waiting for another 24 hours to begin the next process?? Your response is not satisfactory.

striktlymi:

Freewill! God won't force his plans on us.

Can you elaborate??

striktlymi:

To ask where God came from is to suggest the existence of a place prior to his existence. God simply existed!

You don't know where he came from. How then can you truly justified that he even exist, and yet you worship him all the same? Interesting...

striktlymi:

By the power of the Holy Spirit.

No and Yes! God didn't intend sin but his creation gives room for sin.

Freedom!

Very very unsatisfactory response. C'mon, you can do better.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
Rilwon:
Surah Al-Furqan, Verse 14:
[But they will be told:] “Pray not today for one single extinction, but pray for many extinctions!”

What were you trying to say??
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Rilwon: 5:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
koice:

What were you trying to say??

Surah Al-Furqan, Verse 11:
But nay! It is [the very coming of] the Last Hour to which they give the lie! However, for such as give the lie to [the announce­ment of] the Last Hour We have readied a blazing flame:
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
Rilwon:

Surah Al-Furqan, Verse 11:
But nay! It is [the very coming of] the Last Hour to which they give the lie! However, for such as give the lie to [the announce­ment of] the Last Hour We have readied a blazing flame:

Now, I'm even more confused than ever. undecided
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Rilwon: 5:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
koice:

Now, I'm even more confused than ever. undecided

Surah Adh-Dhariyat, Verse 9:
perverted in his views thereon is he who would deceive himself! They but destroy themselves, they who are given to guessing at what they cannot ascertain
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by wiegraf: 5:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
johnydon22:

Bros, the fact is just about everyone here is judeoxtian. And anyone with half a brain knows when the op means theists he means mostly (but not solely mind, as some of the questions there apply to all theists, just as some apply to only Muslims, some to only xtians, etc) judeoxtians. We can all easily infer that, this isn't nuclear physics.

That clown simply has an agenda.. And in his next post he'll start claiming he's not a theist...
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
koice:

If God could command light to appear and light complied, what stopped him from doing same to the rest of the creation and thus, save himself from all the hassle of waiting for another 24 hours to begin the next process?? Your response is not satisfactory.

Can you elaborate??

You don't know where he came from. How then can you truly justified that he even exist, and yet you worship him all the same? Interesting...

Very very unsatisfactory response. C'mon, you can do better.

My response was not meant to "satisfy" you. I only demonstrated how silly most of the questions are because of the nature of freewill. I chose to respond to your questions without giving two hoots whether you are satisfied or not...going to ask someone why I chose to do that when I can decide to ignore your thread totally is a bit silly to me.

If I have the freedom to choose what I want, why can't God decide to choose whatever way he wants to go about creation? I am not sure you see the silliness in some of the questions.

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Theists by johnydon22(m): 6:04pm On Mar 20, 2015
wiegraf:

Bros, the fact is just about everyone here is judeoxtian. And anyone with half a brain knows when the op means theists he means mostly (but not solely mind, as some of the questions there apply to all theists, just as some apply to only Muslims, some to only xtians, etc) judeoxtians. We can all easily infer that, this isn't nuclear physics.

That clown simply has an agenda.. And in his next post he'll start claiming he's not a theist...
yeah i understand
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by 5minsmadness: 6:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
striktlymi:

My response was not meant to "satisfy" you. I only demonstrated how silly most of the questions are because of the nature of freewill. I chose to respond to your questions without giving two hoots whether you are satisfied or not...going to ask someone why I chose to do that when I can decide to ignore your thread totally is a bit silly to me.

If I have the freedom to choose what I want, why can't God decide to choose whatever way he wants to go about creation? I am not sure you see the silliness in some of the questions.
1000likes for you sir!

They say God is all powerful yet they want him to do things 'in a particular way'. He can do it anyway he wants!

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Theists by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
koice:

Pagans are also theists. Did your question address them?
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by 5minsmadness: 6:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
malvisguy212:
1.is a forestshadowing event, God is trying to tell us how the world will end isaiah 46 say God declared the end from the beginning,why did God throw this in? Read here https://www.nairaland.com/1853536/end-days-end-harvest
2.God want to have a personal relationship with us, bible say he know our desire even before we ask ,God want us to COME to him and ask,how do you make a choice in worship God? By prayer.
3. adam and eve know what is right and wrong the day God command them not to eat from the tree, the reply of eve indicate it,pay close attention to eve reply to the serpent;
Clearly written here, the woman knows if she eat the fruit she will "DIE" if the woman did not no good or evil no need for satan to trick her, am I right? Ok

5.a supernatural being can performed more than that, but if you are an atheist and you don't believe in the supernatural,I have nothing to proved to you, haven't you encounter juju and all sort of magic before?
6.the purpose of the universe is not to be morally or physically perfect, but to
provide a place where spiritual creatures can choose to love or reject God - to live with Him forever in a new, perfect universe, or reject Him and live apart from Him for eternity. Without sin or evil people will not be able to make this choice
8.Isaac

Wonderful answers sir!

However I don't agree with you on item 3. I think the whole aim of the forbidden fruit was 'obedience'. The test was for Adam and Eve, both of whom had free will to either obey God or disobey him. It was a simple enough test but Eve failed it and took Adam down with her.
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by malvisguy212: 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
5minsmadness:

Wonderful answers sir!

However I don't agree with you on item 3. I think the whole aim of the forbidden fruit was 'obedience'. The test was for Adam and Eve, both of whom had free will to either obey God or disobey him. It was a simple enough test but Eve failed it and took Adam down with her.
you are right,we are both corrects,eve know if she ate the fruit she will die. I agree with your interpretation
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by AmunRaOlodumare: 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
koice:
[s]

6. Did God create sin?

You don't need to answer all, just attempt one that you know.[/s]

Those questions for Abrahamists not theists in general.

koice you know judaism, islam and christianity are not the only "theists" and religions in the world, right? There's many other religions in the world.
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Unbias: 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
author=koice(This topic wasn't intended to offend, so please try not to take offence)
Some of my answers may come in form of questions. I'll try to make them brief as much as I can

If you decide to stretch the completion of a task you have the might to accomplish in a day to a few days or up to a week, would that mean you cannot accomplish it in a day? When you are in control and not answerable to anyone, you decide your pace.

Good fathers have good plans for their children, don't they? So why do children still request a thing or another from their good father?

The bible didn't record that they were dummies. God gave them a strict and concise instruction which they disobeyed because they listened to the serpent. If there were no serpent, they would have continued in their obedience.

What is the source of the infinitesimal singularity in the big bang theory?

I do not want to assume you are referring to the virgin Mary since you asked a sweeping question. So its a simple biology and I believe you would have learnt that in secondary school.

6. Did God create sin?
We didn,t read that God created sin in the creation story

Because the devil and devilish men invented many religions in order to deceive people and populate hell

Isaac

Though it may not be the theological reason, but chairs obstruct prayer/worship in the mosque. I hope you know how Muslims pray

Jesus of the Christians does not hold any status in Islam.Christianity had been in existence for almost 700 years before Muhammad was born. He holds zero status in Christianity.

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Unbias: 9:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
malvisguy212:
8.Isaac
Thanks for this
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
koice:

6. Did God create sin?

1. God winded up the clock of life… with six turns… God himself is beyond time, He is eternity.
2. We pray to hear in the echo of our screaming the plan of God ;-)
3. Knowledge about good and bad makes one responsible for one’s choices. Adam and Eve did chose to get access to that knowledge.
Their bad, our bad.
4. God didn’t came, He always was. He is loving creative energy. Sort of solar panel for love.
5. IVF by God.
6. God gave us free choice (essential for taking the responsiblity that goes with having knowledge about good and bad).
Using it to sin is our choice.
7. Because the Truth is powerful.
8. Both are children of God, the sperm donor is not relevant, only the one who delivered the souls.
9. Islam means submission, not being chairman.
10. Mohammed was Jesus nightmare and Jesus was Mohammed’s dream, I guess ;-).

~ Let’s build a nation of statesmen and send the areaboys home. ~
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by malvisguy212: 10:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
Unbias:

Thanks for this
God bless you my good friend.
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by TheFilmmaker: 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2015
koice:

6. Did God create sin?

Yeah, seems we're into more than English.

Are you a theist? I hope not.

I am not. You're on BBM?
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
TheFilmmaker:

Yeah, seems we're into more than English.

Are you a theist? I hope not.

I am not. You're on BBM?

I'm open to the concept of a supreme being(s), even if I don't really believe in god(s). No, but I'm on Whatsapp.
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
striktlymi:

Silly questions but somehow you missed the sheer stupidity of your own responses?? Why did you even bother?
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 02, 2015
Unbias:
Some of my answers may come in form of questions. I'll try to make them brief as much as I can

If you decide to stretch the completion of a task you have the might to accomplish in a day to a few days or up to a week, would that mean you cannot accomplish it in a day? When you are in control and not answerable to anyone, you decide your pace.

Oh! Did unwittingly equate your God to a great failing of man: procastination? So then, by your logic, God is not insusceptible to procastination? And yet, some Christians would tell anyone who cares to listen that their God is perfect! Okey dokey.

Unbias:

Good fathers have good plans for their children, don't they? So why do children still request a thing or another from their good father?
But I read somewhere in the Bible that the way of God is not the way of man. Or was I wrong in that assessment? By comparing God's way and that of man's weren't you kinda equating their similarities. In other words, God thinks like man and vice versa.

Unbias:

The bible didn't record that they were dummies. God gave them a strict and concise instruction which they disobeyed because they listened to the serpent. If there were no serpent, they would have continued in their obedience.
How?? If they didn't know that there is no such thing as Good and evil, how in the hell were you expecting them to comprehend the full implication of eating the forbidden fruit?

Unbias:

What is the source of the infinitesimal singularity in the big bang theory?
I asked you first.

Unbias:

I do not want to assume you are referring to the virgin Mary since you asked a sweeping question. So its a simple biology and I believe you would have learnt that in secondary school.
Don't complicate an otherwise very straightforward question. I was referring to the Virgin Mary in the Bible.

Unbias:

We didn,t read that God created sin in the creation story
According to your bible, God created Lucifer, whom in turn created sin. Hence, logically God created
sin by proxy.

Unbias:

Because the devil and devilish men invented many religions in order to deceive people and populate hell
Invalid response. You mixed the mark entirely.

Unbias:

Isaac
Our Muslim brethrens might not agree with you on that.

Unbias:

Though it may not be the theological reason, but chairs obstruct prayer/worship in the mosque. I hope you know how Muslims pray
The only reasonable response you gave so far.

Unbias:

Jesus of the Christians does not hold any status in Islam.Christianity had been in existence for almost 700 years before Muhammad was born. He holds zero status in Christianity.
Okay.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Its the first sunday of the year – kick off with these inspirational prayer poin / Guru Deseye Subai's Daily Spirituality Tip --- For Your Spiritual Enlightenment! / True Christians Ma Stu Rbate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.