Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband (17338 Views)

Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have / Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. / Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 20, 2015
Juma’at Mubarak to all the Muslim Ummahgrin.

A Muslim male friend of mine shared this article with me on Watsapp and I so love it. I have decided to share it with all the Muslim brothers on Nairaland. It is however beneficial to the Christian brothers too. It is insightful and very lovely.

QUALITIES OF A GOOD HUSBAND: From Islamic Research Foundation.

Husbands with goals to nurture happy wives…

No one ever thinks about the characteristics of a Muslim husband. It is always what a wife should do for the husband… and the list never ends; home management, tutoring, ferrying the kids, caring, cooking, cleaning, washing, working, you name it, she does it. So what about the brothers?

Our beloved Nabi SAW was not EVER lazy, so why the men of this Ummah? It is quite interesting, so I thought I’d share it with you!!!
What a Muslim husband should be like…

DRESS UP FOR YOU WIFE, look clean and smell good. When was the last time you went shopping for designer pyjamas? Just like the husband wants the wife to look nice for him, she also wants her husband to dress up for her too. Remember that Nabi (SAW) would always start with Miswak when returning home and always loved the sweetest smells.

USE THE BEST NAMES FOR YOUR WIFE. Call your wife by the most beloved names to her, and avoid using names that hurt her feelings.

DON’T TREAT HER LIKE A FLY. We never think about a fly in our daily lives until it ‘bugs’ us. Similarly, a wife will do well all day – which brings no attention from her husband – until she does something to ‘bug’ him. Don’t treat her like this; recognize all good that she does and focus on that.

IF YOU SEE WRONG FROM YOUR WIFE, TRY BEING SILENT AND DO NOT COMMENT. This is one of the ways Nabi (SAW) used when he would see something inappropriate from his wives (R.A). It is a technique that few Muslim men have mastered.

SMILE AT YOUR WIFE WHENEVER YOU SEE HER, AND EMBRACE HER OFTEN. Smiling is Sadaqah and your wife is not exempted from the Muslim Ummah. Imagine life with her constantly seeing you smiling. Remember also those Ahadith when Nabi (SAW) would kiss his wife before leaving for Salah, even when he was fasting.

THANK HER FOR ALL THAT SHE DOES FOR YOU. Then, thank again! Take for example a dinner at your house. She makes food, cleans the home, and a dozen other tasks to prepare before your return. And sometimes the only acknowledgement she receives is that there needed to be more slat in the soup. Don’t let that be; thank her! Nabi (SAW) use to help his wives with the housework, he mended his own clothes, and patched his own footwear. Never forget – what your wife does for you without any assistance is actually out of her goodness, much of tasks today’s wife does is actually a favour to you,. Acknowledge it. Be grateful.

ASK HER TO WRITE THE LAST TEN THINGS YOU DID FOR HER THAT MADE HER HAPPY. Then go and do them again. It may be hard to recognize what gives your wife pleasure. You don’t have to play a guessing game, ask her and work on repeating those times in your life.

DON’T BELITTLE HER DESIRES, COMFORT HER, sometimes the men may look down upon the requests of their wives. Nabi (SAW) set the example for us in an incident when Safiyyah (R.A) was crying because, as she said, he had put her on a slow camel. He wiped her tears, comforted her and brought her the camel.

BE HUMOROUS, PLAY GAMES WITH YOUR WIFE, and surprise her once in a while with gifts. Nabi (SAW) encouraged the giving of gifts. Look at how he would race with his wife Aisha (R.A) in the desert. When was the last time we did something like that?

DON’T EVER REFER TO YOUR WIFE IN THE THIRD PERSON, and never in a negative or mocking manner, even if you right. Remember, she is the mother of your children. She deserves their respect and honour more than anyone else in the world. Don’t promote and advertise yourself as better than her. Let Allah be the judge, protect her dignity. Woman was not made from man’s head to be superior over, or his feet to be trampled on. She emerged from his side to walk next to, from under the arm to be protected and near the heart to be loved and valued.

DON’T FEEL INTIMIDATED BY YOUR WOMAN’S STRENGTHS OR APTITUDE. Admire her and treat her as an equal as in the eyes of Allah. Encourage her, support her and be there for her, support her and be there for her. Allah has not granted superiority of one over the other, but rather, has assigned each different tasks according to the uniqueness of His male and female creation. Nabi (SAW) has said that if he would have commanded bowing to any other aside from Allah, it would have been the wife to the husband. This is not a matter of inflating your ego, but to underline how much you need to do for her so as to have earned this status. Remember, your attitude towards her would determine the depth of her love for you, her appreciation, and the warmth of her behavior towards you.

DON’T BE A ‘RULER’. Be a mediator; compassionate, loving, understanding, compromising. This is what wins a woman’s heart, nothing more, nothing less. Hear her cries for acceptance, don’t complicate matters for her, make things easier. Always remember the words of Allah’s Message (SAW): ‘The best of you are those who treat their families the best. And I am the best among you to my family.’ Try to be the best!

EVERY TIME YOU SEE YOUR WIFE, DON’T ORDER HER TO DO SOMETHING, NEITHER COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING. She’ll begin to avoid you and your company like the plague! Stop finding faults with her all the time; she’ll lose respect for you. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Use Hikmah (Tact), be diplomatic. And be considerate, do things to develop her love for you and strengthen the bond.

NEVER EVER COMPARE YOUR WIFE TO YOUR MOTHER, SISTER, SISTER-IN-LAW, OR ANY FEMALE, who is supposedly better than she is. Don’t praise other women so as to make her feel as if she ‘doesn’t-cut-the-cloth.’ This spells disaster for her self-confidence, and stunts love between spouses. She’ll begin to feel inferior, and in her desire to live up to your expectations, she’ll soon feel taken for granted, because you’d never recognize her attempts. But, always find something else that’s not right or needs to be bettered. Your wife will soon begin to despise you, she’d feel like your servant, a wall-fly, because it’s always ‘so hard to please you’ and you’re ‘never satisfied.’ So, please be cognizant of this habit!

In conclusion, everyone has weaknesses, find agreeable ways of working around them together. Never forget to make Dua to Allah ta’ala to make your marriage successful. And Allah ta’ala knows best.

CC: Maclatunji
Ishilove
Lalasticlala
Mukina2

60 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by maclatunji: 3:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
JazakumLlahu Khayra for a very nice piece. I find the points instructive.

3 Likes

Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by yuzjet(m): 3:16pm On Mar 20, 2015
Spot on.

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by jamillion: 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
Islam! A social religion, alhamdullilah for being a Muslim

7 Likes

Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by Aminat508(f): 3:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
Jazakumullah Kaeran, May Allah (s.w.t) Bless our home.....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2015
Masha Allah,wives aren't servants. Treat dem equally as ursef. May Allah grant Us d ability to do d ryt tinns

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by GogetterMD(m): 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2015
Masha Allah for this beautiful piece of reminder for we Muslim men

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by doinfatty(m): 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2015
may almighty Allah bless the hand that compose the msg and all the eyes that read it.

2 Likes

Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by tit(f): 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
Excellent writeup

2 Likes

Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by PassingShot(m): 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
Jazakumllah khayran.
This is very much appreciated.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by Ameedan: 3:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
Jazakallah khair

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
So nice. ya Allah bless with a good Muslim husband with this qualities and more. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by hok4u(f): 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
a beautiful article,may Allah make me a good husband for my wife and a good father to my future children,ameen.

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by jamilkb(m): 3:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
Very Helpful, MashaAllah, Thank you dear
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by madridguy(m): 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
Wonderful write-up.....Jazakalahu khairan @ OP
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by evesdon4u: 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
Thank you for sharing this brilliant, inspiring & insightful post...
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by madridguy(m): 3:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
Here I am...happy jumat

mzteemarh:
So nice. ya Allah bless with a good Muslim husband with this qualities and more. smiley
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by lharmberry(m): 3:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
Jazakalayhi kayran....its so on point...

Robizidni ilman

Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by drrid(m): 3:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
Kudos!!! I will love my wife.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by MDelgado(m): 3:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
Aminat508:

Salam alaekum to you sister aminat,I sent you a PM and I would be more than happy if you could acknowledge it..

Masha Allah..

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
@ops, Jazakumunlahu Khairan... May Allah be with us (Amin)
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by MKO4ever(m): 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
Thank you for this. I am so guilty of the first and last qualities. May Allah guides us right.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by YSA06(m): 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
Instructively insightful!!!

JZK
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by Bimdim(m): 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
Jazakumllah khairal jazai
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by cecs(m): 4:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
Alhamdulillah......I'm just lucky to be a muslim...countdown to ramadhan !!!!
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by DEngineer(m): 4:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
Islam is truly a way of life but as human......we truncate everything with greed and selfishness.

Nice piece there bro.......i try to live with example. May Allah make it easy for us.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
madridguy:
Here I am...happy jumat

lol happy jumat to you too.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by madridguy(m): 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
Do I sound funny ? Am serious....maybe we too can paste our nikkah pictures here for our fellow nairalanders to see and congratulate us too.

mzteemarh:
lol happy jumat to you too.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by tola9ja: 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
MASSALLAH
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by jidoex66(m): 4:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
Aminat508:

Asalam aleikum sis aminat, been trying to get ur contact since I lost it a while, its me ibrahim. Kindly send me a msg on 08064399766.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by easymanofdpeopl(m): 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
Jazakallah sister may Allah make us a good husband
Re: Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband by Aminat508(f): 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
jidoex66:

Asalam aleikum sis aminat, been trying to get ur contact since I lost it a while, its me ibrahim. Kindly send me a msg on 08064399766.
Haa! Alfa Ibrahim, long time how is work? are u in Ilorin or Lagos?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Check Solat Time Without Watch Or Any Software / The Correct Hijab – Hands And Face Covered Or Not? / Ibadan Chief Imam, Sheikh AbdulGaniyu Leads Eid Prayer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.