Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,207 members, 7,780,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:10 PM

An Expert Advice Is Needed For My Honda 2002. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / An Expert Advice Is Needed For My Honda 2002. (1477 Views)

Honda 2002 (EOD) AC Evaporator / Honda 2002 Transmission Needed,am A New Member / Honda 2002 Gearbox Problem! Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Expert Advice Is Needed For My Honda 2002. by ujuesther: 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
Hello Friends,
I am not very vast in this area but I want to know when it will become necessary
to change my ATF. Someone checked it recently and said the Oil is light.

Very important also, on my dashboard there's a 'maintenance required' indication. I don't know what this means.

The car is a Honda 2002 Model.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: An Expert Advice Is Needed For My Honda 2002. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
ujuesther:
Hello Friends,
I am not very vast in this area but I want to know when it will become necessary
to change my ATF. Someone checked it recently and said the Oil is light.

Very important also, on my dashboard there's a 'maintenance required' indication. I don't know what this means.

The car is a Honda 2002 Model.

Thanks in anticipation.

Your vehicle is 13years old when was the fluid last changed? You replace oil ever 100k miles.

Maitenance reqired light will come up every 5000miles from when it was last reset. It is designed to let you know your engine oil is due for service
Re: An Expert Advice Is Needed For My Honda 2002. by ujuesther: 3:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
Thanks bro. I serviced my engine less than 3 weeks ago. I am wondering this is popping up now.

Any idea please?
Re: An Expert Advice Is Needed For My Honda 2002. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:44pm On Mar 20, 2015
ujuesther:
Thanks bro. I serviced my engine less than 3 weeks ago. I am wondering this is popping up now.

Any idea please?

from when it was last reset

Avoid kazeem if you want your car to last long.
Re: An Expert Advice Is Needed For My Honda 2002. by ujuesther: 5:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Avoid kazeem if you want your car to last long.

May I know who Kazeem is please?

2 Likes

Re: An Expert Advice Is Needed For My Honda 2002. by abatically(m): 6:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
ujuesther:

So u don't know who kazeem is? Lol. Anyway u need to reset the maintenance required light urself (since ur Mech kazeem doesn't know he had to do that). First turn off the car, then press and hold the reset button on ur instrument cluster, keep holding it then turn ur key to 2 position (don't start the car, just then the key to the standby position where all the lights on the dashboard comes on). Keep holding the reset button for about 10 seconds and the maintenance required light will go off
Re: An Expert Advice Is Needed For My Honda 2002. by DECOtech(m): 6:55am On Mar 21, 2015
ujuesther:

Kazeem is the New name for road side mechanics.
Re: An Expert Advice Is Needed For My Honda 2002. by Piyke: 7:06am On Mar 21, 2015
DECOtech:

Kazeem is the New name for road side mechanics.

Unlearned ones, however, there are even Kazeem's at some auto workshops. My story will be for another day to avoid derailing the thread
Re: An Expert Advice Is Needed For My Honda 2002. by Coldplay007(f): 8:21am On Mar 21, 2015
Piyke:

Unlearned ones, however, there are even Kazeem's at some auto workshops. My story will be for another day to avoid derailing the thread
Tell the story now please? embarassed
Re: An Expert Advice Is Needed For My Honda 2002. by DECOtech(m): 9:01am On Mar 21, 2015
Piyke:

Hahahahahahahaha

Na God hand we dey oh
Re: An Expert Advice Is Needed For My Honda 2002. by Piyke: 6:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
Coldplay007:

Been in an extended business meeting with very little time for nairaland. Will surely share when work is lighter
Re: An Expert Advice Is Needed For My Honda 2002. by chucky234(m): 11:40am On Mar 25, 2015
ujuesther:

Kazeem na roadside and empty brain workshop mechanic na
LWKMD
Re: An Expert Advice Is Needed For My Honda 2002. by Piyke: 1:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
Coldplay007:

Ok so I'm freer now. Yipee!!!

So the story...

I've had 2 experiences with Kazeems at dealerships or should I say; "proper auto workshops" I'll share the most recent.
First...
In 2014 I was at a recommended auto workshop to replace my front lower ball joints; the left side had just started creaking. The outfit was well equipped with ultrasound injector cleaners, vehicle lift system (the type you see in abroad that would suspend the whole car for you to make inspections standing underneath the car) etc. So as you can see no be small place grin. Heard the owner used to work abroad in auto workshops but returned to setup this.
They were 2 Kazeems here angry ; the one that worked on my vehicle (Kazeem1) and the mechanic there who was giving advice angry angry (kazeem2). To start off, when I showed Kazeem2 my Hyanes manual he was like "we no dey use manual here" ...So much for the tools and posh workshop undecided
Kazeem2 in loosening the end of my shaft from the knuckle(hub) was striking the end of the shaft directly angry angry . I offered, why not strike it indirectly by using a bolt, this way you won't damage the circumference of the shaft end. He said there's no problem, but, in the end there was problem as the circumference was damaged and needed smoothing by a Iron worker before its bolt could fit.
Finally, after fitting the new ball joint and putting things back together, my ABS light came on during test driving angry . I suspected that the ABS probe was not properly fitted in its slot. Kazeem1 tried to disassemble and reassemble but was in a hurry and wasn't taking my suggestions either. Fine. I reset the ABS with my scanner but the light came back on during the 2nd test drive. This was when Kazeem2 offered the evil advice; cut off the ABS probe on the left and switch it with that on the right angry angry angry he said he had solved such problems in the past by this manoeuvre. I said no way! After insistence on Kazeem1 double checking again, we finally got the poorly fitted ABS probe in its slot. Voila! light never came on again!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Are European Cars Truly Expensive To Maintain? / Head On Collision Between Volvo XC70 SUV And A Scania Truck / Help Me With A Car Choice!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.