Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,704 members, 7,802,095 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? (32753 Views)

How Do I Win The Heart Of An Indian Girl / Nigerian Girl Traditionally Weds British Lover In Her Village (photos) / Hausa Girl And Igbo Dude Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by tpia1: 11:56pm On Nov 07, 2012
a few indian men [mostly the ones who are expatriates or who like "exotic" women, can strike up relationships with blacks.

such a relationship would be frowned on in india, no doubt, but outside the indian community, it might be possible, who knows.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2012
Indian men and black women relationships occur in the caribbean more than any other place to my knowledge. And Tbh Indian men are no different or special than any other men. So why would anyone object? Lol
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by adaide1: 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2012
@Kiwi992, all that you have listed in the last post, which one is lacking in any African Country?
For me, go see what's up then make up your mind. TAKE CARE and don't ever forget that just like Africa you are not marrying your hubby alone his famiLies are inclusive. they can make your life a living hell especially where the mum commands and everybody follows.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by cutierashy(f): 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2015
One tin i think should be abolished is dier caste system n arranged marriages. They claim to be civilised but still getting deep into tradition. I almost had an affair with an Indian guy but all dis tins i had to put into consideration.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nluzy: 10:05am On Mar 30, 2017
Hello sister,

For you to ask this question means you really don't love him enough..i would have made a very regrettable mistake five years ago if i have listened to what people said or will say, I got married to a Nigerian man when i was eighteen and the man with his family showed me hell,being a young girl with a child I was left alone to cater for myself and my baby girl.

Different men came but non made me feel complete and am the no sex type (you know some Nigerian men and fornication) because am a very religious person who is afraid of God's wrath, I met Bharat 8yrs ago on friends talk app and we became friends , he was so different and very innocent (Lol) then he was doing his masters in Germany while i had only my SSCE certificate though i was older than him (1yr difference) I had NOTHING and am ebony in complexion while he is white..then i realized that I was falling in love with this innocent guy who believes so much in love and I became very scared because of what will people and my family will say, he was a Hindu while am a Christian..

I started running away from him but he will cry and keep telling me to believe in him that am made for him.. Bharat molded me to a better woman, he pushed me to go to Canada..he converted to Christianity and gave his life to Christ, he circumcised and beared all the pains just to have me as his woman.. His family loves and cherish me as well and i have never regretted my decision till date.. We are blessed with one of the most cutest baby boy i have ever seen..(only one child because am schooling and doing my masters now).

He loves my family and my family loves him, my daughter loves him as a dad as well.. What more can i ask from God.. So my dear, it all depends on you and what you want.. Ask yourself and know what kind of man he is and if he loves you enough...

We are all one and people are different, just like we have evil and good men in Nigeria that's how it is all over the world, just pray and tell God to give your yours,.. My husband and I dated for three years without sex...

DEAR, it all depends on your happiness.. I wish you luck and happiness. smiley
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Autovox: 6:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
Yeah Indians are sick and dirty ppl.nothing way them.No.dey worship dogs snakes cow stones they even drink cow urine calling it holly cow. Hahahahah can u image this fools there air in there country is very poor always smelling like shit the walk on the road and they spit fart in public the even discriminated amongst them sef and they are Fucking serious bleachers mostly there women
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Autovox: 6:44pm On Apr 24, 2017
Yeah Indians are sick and dirty ppl.nothing way them.No.dey worship dogs snakes cow stones they even drink cow urine calling it holly cow. Hahahahah can u image this fools there air in there country is very poor always smelling like shit the walk on the road and they spit fart in public the even discriminated amongst them sef and they are serious bleachers mostly there women
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Ndipe(m): 3:56am On Dec 07, 2017
[quote author=Afam4eva post=3357232]
To Other religions especially Xtians it's as bad as worshipping an idol, but to them it's the Budha is the one and only god.
[/quote

Hindus dont worship buddha.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nik007in: 4:48pm On Dec 22, 2019
Hi,

Before I answer the question, let me tell you that I am not a Nigerian or an African, I am an Indian.

Well to start with I will like to thank you all for putting your thoughts over here.

I read that some one posted "To Other religions especially Xtians it's as bad as worshipping an idol, but to them it's the Budha is the one and only god."

My dear friend JFYK (Just for your knowledge) not all Hindu worship idols (Aaryasamaji Hindus do not believe in idol worship) & on the top of it Budha is not the only god worship by Hindu but by the people who follow Buddhism.

Hinduism is the most flexible religion were one is free to worship who ever he wants and what ever way he likes and the concept behind the idol worship is that the god is everywhere and he created everything so if he is everywhere i.e. in you, me in every particle of the world then he is also there in the idol.

Now, this is some thing not related to the topic so let's get back to the point.

In India specially in North India people prefer to have white skin wife that is because of their mind set but now its 2019 so things have changed a lot. Skin colour does not matter much.

Talking about Indian men beating his wife... hahaha.... dude I guess now a days only 1 or 2 mens out of 10 does so that too in rural area where as 9 out of 10 are being beaten by their wife... now a days even men cells are being formed to raise a voice against the violence over men by women (their wife).

And yes now a days people in India mostly lives in nuclear families not in joint families so their wife don't have to cook food for entire families and even ones who lives in the joint family don't cook alone all women of home cook together and enjoy the time with each other.

Yes the racism is being badly practiced in India but being a black does not means that you belongs to lower cast and if there are bad people in India than good too... I know you guys have to face a lot of discrimination and I am really sorry for that but not all Indians are like that I too have some African friends and I respect them a lot.

And before I met her when ever I use to see an African I use to think of approaching them and say hello but the way they use to start whispering or seeing at Indians makes me feel like they don't like Indians or something is wrong. Even I heard a lot of bad news but that does not means all Africans are bad and in the similar way it does not means all Indians are like that.

I will advise you guys to make a Punjabi friend next time you visit India, then your thinking might got changed.

And all those Nigerian Girls who are looking to get married to an Indian guy, my advice is to first make sure that he really loves you and is ready to take a stand for you when his family opposes your relation (because in India marriage is not about two people getting together but two families getting together so even is girl is white but belongs to some other culture the parents will oppose for sure).

You may be surprised but there are even different cultures between Hindus, (marathi, bengali, bihari, punjabi, sindhi) and normaly people like their children to get married within their culture just like one of you guys posted that there is no shortage of men in Nigeria. So oppose is normal in every marriage in India (if it is intercaste).

Now, if you guys are wondering what an Indian guy is doing over here then let me tell you that I like africans and want to know how you guys think about us, specially if I thought of marring an African so what's going to be her reaction.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Ishilove: 8:50pm On Dec 24, 2019
Nik007in:
Hi,

Before I answer the question, let me tell you that I am not a Nigerian or an African, I am an Indian.

Well to start with I will like to thank you all for putting your thoughts over here.

I read that some one posted "To Other religions especially Xtians it's as bad as worshipping an idol, but to them it's the Budha is the one and only god."

My dear friend JFYK (Just for your knowledge) not all Hindu worship idols (Aaryasamaji Hindus do not believe in idol worship) & on the top of it Budha is not the only god worship by Hindu but by the people who follow Buddhism.

Hinduism is the most flexible religion were one is free to worship who ever he wants and what ever way he likes and the concept behind the idol worship is that the god is everywhere and he created everything so if he is everywhere i.e. in you, me in every particle of the world then he is also there in the idol.

Now, this is some thing not related to the topic so let's get back to the point.

In India specially in North India people prefer to have white skin wife that is because of their mind set but now its 2019 so things have changed a lot. Skin colour does not matter much.

Talking about Indian men beating his wife... hahaha.... dude I guess now a days only 1 or 2 mens out of 10 does so that too in rural area where as 9 out of 10 are being beaten by their wife... now a days even men cells are being formed to raise a voice against the violence over men by women (their wife).

And yes now a days people in India mostly lives in nuclear families not in joint families so their wife don't have to cook food for entire families and even ones who lives in the joint family don't cook alone all women of home cook together and enjoy the time with each other.

Yes the racism is being badly practiced in India but being a black does not means that you belongs to lower cast and if there are bad people in India than good too... I know you guys have to face a lot of discrimination and I am really sorry for that but not all Indians are like that I too have some African friends and I respect them a lot.

And before I met her when ever I use to see an African I use to think of approaching them and say hello but the way they use to start whispering or seeing at Indians makes me feel like they don't like Indians or something is wrong. Even I heard a lot of bad news but that does not means all Africans are bad and in the similar way it does not means all Indians are like that.

I will advise you guys to make a Punjabi friend next time you visit India, then your thinking might got changed.

And all those Nigerian Girls who are looking to get married to an Indian guy, my advice is to first make sure that he really loves you and is ready to take a stand for you when his family opposes your relation (because in India marriage is not about two people getting together but two families getting together so even is girl is white but belongs to some other culture the parents will oppose for sure).

You may be surprised but there are even different cultures between Hindus, (marathi, bengali, bihari, punjabi, sindhi) and normaly people like their children to get married within their culture just like one of you guys posted that there is no shortage of men in Nigeria. So oppose is normal in every marriage in India (if it is intercaste).

Now, if you guys are wondering what an Indian guy is doing over here then let me tell you that I like africans and want to know how you guys think about us, specially if I thought of marring an African so what's going to be her reaction.
You've said it all. Many Nigerian women do not see Indian men as marriageble for the simple reason that Indians are so clannish
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by MetaPhysical: 5:01am On Dec 29, 2019
ritai:
tanx guys for ur contributions and advice.Really kiwi i xperienced xactly wot u re wrote in money,paper and cooking aspect of it.my only problem is the religion.the guy is quite different 4m his cousins.wot attracted him most to me is that he said i look like an indian gal but the mom is d obstacle in the sense that the father is late and being the only son to marry a black.
am planning of travelling to indian to spend 1month with his family but am scared.i never knew he was serious till the day he introduced me to his cousins.i was thinking of playing along with him as friends but you know the WHITES they re always open when it comes to Love.plz hope they re not fetish incase if i decided to back off though i love him and my family members do but then RACISM,

Red flag!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days / Ooni Ogunwusi Stands For Wuraola To Sit In New Photo As They Visit Ghana / Alaafin Of Oyo And Olori Memunat Pictured Together After Her Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.