Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

How To Remove A Partition From An External Hard Disk? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Remove A Partition From An External Hard Disk? (808 Views)

How To Use Your Gmail Account As An External Hard Disk Drive For Your Pc / How To Remove All Viruses From Your Computer Using Rescue USB Disk. / How Can I Activate Or Remove A "This Window Is Not Genuine" Window Or Message? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Remove A Partition From An External Hard Disk? by noblepassmercy: 4:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
Make sure that the drive is attached to your PC and powered on. In other words, make sure that your system recognizes your external drive.

Next "Right Click" on your "My Computer" icon and choose "Manage" from the drop down menu. This will open the Management Console. Next, click on "Disk Management" which will be located near the bottom of the left pane of the management console. When the disk management console appears find the external drive in the drive listing and click on it. The partition will become
highlighted in blue to indicate that it is selected. You can then right click on it and select "delete partition" from the menu that opens up. You can also create a new partition the same way if you'd like.

Good luck,

Sources: http://noblepassmercy..com/2015/03/how-to-remove-partition-from-external.html
Re: How To Remove A Partition From An External Hard Disk? by FemiAdenekan(m): 4:49pm On Mar 20, 2015
More like shrinking the partition.
Re: How To Remove A Partition From An External Hard Disk? by Sogaz(m): 7:39am On Feb 19, 2016
Plz help

I removed an hard disk from my old system and want to use it in my new system as external disk, but it is showing 4 partitions. Although i can access all those files but I want to remove other partitions (system, recovery and hp tools). Please how do i go about it?
Re: How To Remove A Partition From An External Hard Disk? by computerboy: 6:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
Sogaz:
Plz help

I removed an hard disk from my old system and want to use it in my new system as external disk, but it is showing 4 partitions. Although i can access all those files but I want to remove other partitions (system, recovery and hp tools). Please how do i go about it?

Use the method the op stated above or simply format

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help, Is This Real Or A Scam / A Nairalander Needs Help On How To Make These Computer Work / HELP, Blogger Not Displaying HTML Image!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.