Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,286 members, 7,780,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:39 PM

Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone (1968 Views)

You Can Now Run Windows(computer) Apps On Your Android Smartphone / Microsoft Wants To Get Into Weed Business / Microsoft Wants To Take Over Your Android And IOS Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by OrderBroker: 4:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
Microsoft in a recent development has commenced testing of its new windows 10 platform on Android device. From its recent experiment on Xiaomi Mi4 it confirmed that Android users with flash able ROMs can make the switch to windows 10 platform which will be available later in the year.

This means that after installing the Windows 10 ROM on the Xiaomi Mi 4, users will restart to find no trace of Android. Instead, they’ll see an operating system that looks and behaves like Windows 10, complete with all of Microsoft’s apps and services.

The ROM is thus designed to go beyond Microsoft’s Android apps and offer a native-like Windows experience on Android phones. A very smart move by Microsoft, not wanting to woo phone manufacturers, which may take more time to fruiting, giving the choice first to the end user.

Will you make the switch?

Source.

Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by Godfullsam(m): 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2015
Enjoying my window 8.1 Denim on my lumia phone already. I know window 10 will be amazing.

I can't wait kiss
Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by fortech91(m): 8:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
A desperate move by MSFT because they're loosing the mobile battle

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by martineverest(m): 8:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
Ur next phone mite be a windows phone.......d world is going windows,analyst predicts dat windows 10 ll be biggest os d world mite ever seen
fortech91:
A desperate move by MSFT because they're loosing the mobile battle

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by realjoker(m): 8:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
martineverest:
Ur next phone mite be a windows phone.......d world is going windows,analyst predicts dat windows 10 ll be biggest os d world mite ever seen
lol...laughing in mama pis voice which analyst make such false analysis. do you know how long it took google to make android the choice of the majority.

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by OrderBroker: 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
realjoker:
lol...laughing in mama pis voice which analyst make such false analysis. do you know how long it took google to make android the choice of the majority.
Bro its going down big you know, they are targeting China first and bet you me if they conquer China, you and I know it is half won!
Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by fortech91(m): 5:24am On Mar 21, 2015
OrderBroker:
Bro its going down big you know, they are targeting China first and bet you me if they conquer China, you and I know it is half won!

martineverest:

ok nah, let's watch out and see what happens in the mobile world.
As far as I know, Android is doing to mobile what Windows did to PC. Check out this post: http://www.androidgist.com/android-is-doing-to-mobile-what-windows-did-to-pc
Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by martineverest(m): 7:21am On Mar 21, 2015
Yeah,true...but microsoft wants to solve dat with windows 10(unification of all windows os).the fact dat android is not a powerful os and computer is still most important and useful tech still hurts google.....many people have been waiting for an operating system dat ll be used in all devices, and windows 10 just answered their request...why do u think samsung settled their rift with microsoft and xiaomi collabo with microsoft?...analyst also said windows 10 mite be the world os.
fortech91:

ok nah, let's watch out and see what happens in the mobile world.
As far as I know, Android is doing to mobile what Windows did to PC. Check out this post: http://www.androidgist.com/android-is-doing-to-mobile-what-windows-did-to-pc

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by moshoodn(m): 8:34am On Mar 21, 2015
The analyst prediction...

Well, I believe to an extent cos anything is possible.

Let us remember that when a process or protocol gets to its climax, there's bound to be a free-fall somewhere along the line. Please note, I didn't say Android is on the free-fall yet.

Let's take a cue from the Symbian OS.. It ruled from the Atlantic to the Pacific to the Middle and Far east.. It was everywhere. Guess we all know the symbian story today.

Nobody/nothing stays up there forever. A time will come when Android might have to pave a way for another OS, maybe Win 10, maybe another. But until then, I'm still gonna enjoy my android OS.

#Change is constant.

3 Likes

Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by slinkman(m): 8:48am On Mar 21, 2015
Why in the world will I leave my Android os and flash a windows os into my device? Am I mad?
Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by yomalex(m): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2015
slinkman:
Why in the world will I leave my Android os and flash a windows os into my device? Am I mad?
It MAY have better options
Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by Collinz2(m): 11:21am On Mar 21, 2015
i will never leave android

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by temmym4(m): 11:46am On Mar 21, 2015
That moment when Microsoft develops some tricky ideas to force windows OS on majority grin

Dear Microsoft, kindly put more effort on your windows OS so you can catch our attention naturally, we saw your platform there before we decided to choose Android. Some of us will port in your ROM just for the fun of it and not because your are a better offer. do not take it personal when we port back into our beloved 'Droid.
If it isnt Android, it cant be Android!

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by basille(m): 1:54pm On Mar 21, 2015
If the OS can be well optimized to make full use of android phones hardware, I'm porting. But that's assuming this news is true.
Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by OrderBroker: 2:29pm On Mar 21, 2015
basille:
If the OS can be well optimized to make full use of android phones hardware, I'm porting. But that's assuming this news is true.
Some people are just too lazy. If you doubt the news its only best for you to do a little research first instead of publicly displaying your doubting Thomas attitude.
Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
No os can compete with Android... forget windows

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by basille(m): 7:50pm On Mar 21, 2015
OrderBroker:
Some people are just too lazy. If you doubt the news its only best for you to do a little research first instead of publicly displaying your doubting Thomas attitude.
Bia this nigga, what did you smoke today? If you didn't like my post its only best for you to STFU and keep to yourself instead of quoting me while publicly displaying your arrogant donkey-like attitude.
Kapish! grin
Re: Microsoft Wants You To Run Windows 10 On Your Android Phone by OrderBroker: 9:44pm On Mar 21, 2015
To the poster above me "u need help" I pray you get it soonest.

(1) (Reply)

Why Android Is The Top Os.. / 5 Best Antivirus For Your Android In 2015 / Code For Airtel Android Subscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.