Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

"Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies (31734 Views)

Polo Ralph Lauren Chinos Trousers / 5 Fashionable Skirts Every Woman Can Rock To Work From Monday To Friday / Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by Exponental(m): 6:41am On Mar 21, 2015
not only abuja girls......
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 21, 2015
peteruuu:
THEY NEED THE HOLY SPIRIT IN THEIR SOUL!!!

they r pdp voters.
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 21, 2015
Vivly:
The girl that said she wears trousers to protect her skin, I wonder how she does for her arms.
Hope she wears long sleeves and face masks all the time since her skin needs protection.

Madam, how u dey naw? Longest time.
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by cnougo(m): 7:00am On Mar 21, 2015
all join sha
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 21, 2015
Why should I be bothered if our women dey wear trouser...I no say e get expiry date. Very soon shakara go end...and ends with tying wrapper.
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by susuces4all(m): 7:38am On Mar 21, 2015
Is among the reason while trowser is expensive this days

1 Like

Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by Ovaiegbe(m): 7:41am On Mar 21, 2015
klem93:
you prefer it and decided to go against the commandment of the Lord

Which "Lord" are you taking about? Do you read the Bible? I dare any male to buy a female trouser, wear it to town and see what a mockery you will make of yourself.
Ladies, wear cloths that make you feel safe and comfortable. Just adhere to the simple code of human decency.

1 Like

Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by koyyess: 7:53am On Mar 21, 2015
ultimate77:

Thaat ur advice na complete fake. Rapist no rape woman na because him never wan rape am. If he wants to really, put on Tampolin him go access u.
Be logical. Except the victim seems to be physically weak, the trouser gives her an advantage to either run faster, look for an object or use her fingers to 'arrange' the rapists face before he has access to her. Be enlightened and teach the females around you how to protect themselves. Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by peteruuu(m): 8:05am On Mar 21, 2015
PDPmamapiss:

they r pdp voters.
undecided
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by silversonuc(m): 8:05am On Mar 21, 2015
zeb04:
Trousers makes you comfortable.

skirt makes me feel like I just tied my legs with ropes.I am a natural fast worker.

Skirts are for girly girls. undecided
marry me, i walk fast too
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by akatekpe(m): 8:25am On Mar 21, 2015
Fadamakay:
check the scripture with my coment, is that lady should not put on what is of man. Is trouser not meant for Man?
who said trousers are for men?God? Humans? The bible? Or dictionary? Pls educate me

1 Like

Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by Adeboyefa(f): 8:32am On Mar 21, 2015
Trousers are good for covering spotty legs. Skirts are for flaunting hot legs.

Trousers are for buxom ladies. Slim ladies are better off in skirts and gowns or they will look like men.

*Consider your figure before making your choice. Nothing stops you from wearing knickers under your skirt.
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by Geenickel(m): 9:11am On Mar 21, 2015
SkinnyDude:
this ur nose eh
e de like sling cheesy
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by Greatihex(m): 10:05am On Mar 21, 2015
dechandel:
What is so difficult in pulling down a trouser? undecided
compare urinating wt a skirt on and dat of trouser. Compare it wt the body exposure and convinence, then ask me dis question again.
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by Vikky014(f): 11:04am On Mar 21, 2015
klem93:
really the commandment of the Lord is whatthat females shld nt wear trouserswht is d punishment if one disobeysand tell me if God told male and female to wear Tshirts undecided do so with bible citations pls cos am planning to strt wearing trousers help a sister. tongue
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by Vikky014(f): 11:13am On Mar 21, 2015
Honesty007:
Hmmm ALL THESE THINGS NA CRAP EXCUSE BEFORE GOD!!!!!
DEUT 22:5 SAYS IT ALL,D WOMAN SHOULD NOT WEAR D CLOTH OF A MAN.
WELL IN EUROPE,ITS COLD AND DAT PENETRATES WOMEN SOO MUCH SO U CANT EXPECT THEM TO BE WEARING SKIRT.BUT AFRICANS TOO THEY IMITATE TOO MUCH AND NA SO E DEY KILL US.
WOMEN AND THEIR PROBLEM SHA!!! .THE WEAKNESS HAS ALWAYS BEEN HOW GOOD THEY WANNA LOOK.IAM NOT SAYING LOOKING GOOD IS BAD,BUT ANYTHING THAT MAKES ONE TO CHANGE IN THE CASE AGAINST GODLY WAYS FOR THE PURPOSE OF SELF APPRAISAL AND MEN PLEASING IS TOTALLY SINFUL.
SATAN'S TRICK ON WOMEN IS ALWAYS TO DECIEVE THEM TO SAY THEY ARE NOT LOOKING GOOD. SO WHEN THEY CHANGE THE NATURAL USE AGAINST WHAT IS AGAINST NATURE AND FEEL LIKE LOOKING GOOD, THEN THEY WOULD HAVE SINNED AGAINST GOD AND SATISFIED THEIR DESIRES AND PASSIONS LIKE EVE. THIS MAKES THEM TO ALWAYS BE VAIN AND NOT GOD GLORIFYING!!!!!!
EVE BECAME UNLIKE GOD BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO be a god which God has already mde them overall.
Satans trick is to make women more outward appealing at the expense of their dying spirit and soul.Vain strutting models that please Man than GOD.
Its all a craze.Abominatin of dressing is what we call this.Nowadays what was BAD is now becoming GOOD:: end is near.
really pls what is the name of your churchor are you a pastorpls do you wear T shirtsif yes which gender suppose to wear itor did God command male and female to wear Tshirts

1 Like

Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by FarmTech(m): 1:51pm On Mar 21, 2015
"Whoever causes one of these little ones - those who believe in me - to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung round their neck and to be drown in the depth of the sea. 7. Woe to the world bc of the things dat causes people to stumble! Such things must come but woe to the person thru whom they come!" Mathwew 18:6-7
This goes to girls that dress seductively.
1. You wear tight shirt to bring out ur breasts
2. You wear tops that reveal your cleavage
3. You wear tight skirt or trousers to sample ur but.tocks
4. You wear mini skirts to expose ur tighs etc.
All these seduce men. Men, you don't need to sleep physically with another woman before you commit adultery. All you have to do is to lust after one. See Mathew 5:28.
If u dress seductively, matt 18:6-7 tells us that you are responsible for the sin men commits when they lust at you, whether you like it or not. That passage said "woe unto the person thru whom they come".
For ladies that want to please God, you may be wondering what modest dressing is all about. The bible did not describe specifically what a modest dressing is and this is probably because there are differences in culture. But it gave us clues to follow. By drawing facts from the bible, we can say that modest dressing is a dressing that does not reveal seductive parts of your body. The dress will be able to cover your unclothedness at all time no matter the posture you find yourself in - whether bending to sweep or pick up sth, sitting and your laps will not be exposed etc. A modest dressing is not tight as to expose your shape and curves - an important element of seduction. From this we can make the following recommendations:
Your skirts, tops, gowns etc should not be tight. When standing up your skirt should cover your knees so that your laps will not be exposed when you sit and you won't need handkerchief to cover ur unclothedness. Don't wear clothes that are meant for kids.
Don't wear show backs, show cleavage or show ampits.
Remember, even if you dress modestly, some sinful men will still lust at you. Don't worry because you've done what God said you shud do. So leave the rest for Him.
Finally, remember that obeying God means disobeying the world. If you are a friend of God the world will hate you. Don't be carried away when so many people dress immodestly and say it's nothing. They do so because wide is the way and broad is the road that lead to hell, and a lot of people prefer that road. Don't join them, God wants you to dress modestly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by Eminentsaint(m): 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2015
zeb04:
Trousers makes you comfortable.

skirt makes me feel like I just tied my legs with ropes.I am a natural fast worker.

Skirts are for girly girls. undecided
Are you a manly girl?
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by Honesty007(m): 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
koyyess:
What is this one saying? Is it only women that sin? It is your type that will preach rubbish from morning till evening then branch brothels in the night because in your twisted mind, satan doesn't deceive men so they don't sin. I pity you.

pls mind u,uthink sin is only when peopledo bad things?. All dis fashion things are goodlooking in peoplee eyes,but horrible in Gods eyes.man becomes unlike God.Not all Goodlooking things are truly Good
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by Honesty007(m): 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
koyyess:
What is this one saying? Is it only women that sin? It is your type that will preach rubbish from morning till evening then branch brothels in the night because in your twisted mind, satan doesn't deceive men so they don't sin. I pity you.

the funniest thing is that some Married men support all dis kind of dressing,as if its sexiness or attractiveness they married!!!
Look anything dat pleases man,hardly pleases GOD!!!
Man has desires,passion,lust and other things which they see as GOOD but be4 God its evil so dats what u need to look at bro.how manything hv u thought or seen as Good yet u havent asked to know Gods0ind about it.well alot of lies may be permitted for people to chhose their choice so dat the whole world may be silenced and become guilty before GOD almighty
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by KoloOyinbo(m): 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2015
klem93:

There is NO such commandment. Only the misinterpretation of people who read two thousand year old words and miss the message completely. Deuteronomy was about women and men having their appropriate roles and place for that time and culture.

What about cultures where men do not wear trousers - Ancient Celtic Kilts? (Still practiced widely in Scotland and on special occasions in Ireland. Many South East Asian cultures.

Be very careful of unthinking fundamentalist interpretations and verses in isolation. Read the entire book and when and why it was written and by whom in order to get the message from the words. Words which have been translated from the original Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic. Whenever we translate anyway some of the original meaning is lost.

1 Like

Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by koyyess: 6:29pm On Mar 21, 2015
Honesty007:

pls mind u,uthink sin is only when peopledo bad things?. All dis fashion things are goodlooking in peoplee eyes,but horrible in Gods eyes.man becomes unlike God.Not all Goodlooking things are truly Good
How would you know if God hates such dressing? Are you God?

1 Like

Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by FarmTech(m): 6:45pm On Mar 21, 2015
Honesty007:

the funniest thing is that some Married men support all dis kind of dressing,as if its sexiness or attractiveness they married!!!
Look anything dat pleases man,hardly pleases GOD!!!
Man has desires,passion,lust and other things which they see as GOOD but be4 God its evil so dats what u need to look at bro.how manything hv u thought or seen as Good yet u havent asked to know Gods0ind about it.well alot of lies may be permitted for people to chhose their choice so dat the whole world may be silenced and become guilty before GOD almighty
True talk. A married woman can hardly dress like a prostitute without her husband backing her. Some 'christian' men, if not most of them, have convoluted minds that can hardly resist lust. The cure for lust is not telling your wife to move around in public half naked. The cure is to repent from your sins and believe in Christ. In as much as ur wife dress indescently in public to please you, is she not pleasing other men at the same time? She cause other men to sin and God will hold her responsible for it according to matthew 18:6-7. God will also hold the man responsible for lesading his wife to sin. A wise woman would reject such advice because Christ is the ultimate authority we shud obey. Don't let your husband, wife or friend drag you to hell.
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by FarmTech(m): 6:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
koyyess:
How would you know if God hates such dressing? Are you God?
It's simple. The bible will guide us on what God like and what He hate. When a lady dress to reveal her shape and curves or her unclothedness, the world tag it good looking. Men praise such because their lustful minds have something to latch on and women enjoyed it bc people appreciate them and they seem to gain favor etc etc. But a righteous God will never commend such. Instead he'll punish all who do such.
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by koyyess: 6:58pm On Mar 21, 2015
FarmTech:

It's simple. The bible will guide us on what God like and what He hate. When a lady dress to reveal her shape and curves or her unclothedness, the world tag it good looking. Men praise such because their lustful minds have something to latch on and women enjoyed it bc people appreciate them and they seem to gain favor etc etc. But a righteous God will never commend such. Instead he'll punish all who do such.
Read the topic of this thread...what you are saying has absolutely nothing to do with it. Over righteous much? Don't derail this thread.

1 Like

Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by FarmTech(m): 1:09pm On Mar 22, 2015
koyyess:
Read the topic of this thread...what you are saying has absolutely nothing to do with it. Over righteous much? Don't derail this thread.
U asked @Honesty a questn and I answered it, is that derailing? And I'm not claiming to be over righteous bc it is God that will judge me, not me. I simply read the bible and try to put it in practice and u shud be doing the same 4 ur own gud. The fact remains dat immodest dressing will lead anyone to hell, be u a pastor or a sinner. If u lead people to sin bc of ur dressing or actions, you will be held responsible in the judgement day - matt 18:6.
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by O4A3EM(f): 1:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Didn't think of that. Is it quite common in Naija?
yeah in the south-south its their traditional wear
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by koyyess: 5:39pm On Mar 22, 2015
FarmTech:

U asked @Honesty a questn and I answered it, is that derailing? And I'm not claiming to be over righteous bc it is God that will judge me, not me. I simply read the bible and try to put it in practice and u shud be doing the same 4 ur own gud. The fact remains dat immodest dressing will lead anyone to hell, be u a pastor or a sinner. If u lead people to sin bc of ur dressing or actions, you will be held responsible in the judgement day - matt 18:6.
And the fact still remains that ladies who wear trousers are not committing any crime or sin. But just as skirts can be worn to stumble others, so can be said of trousers too. What you should be preaching is modesty and not going over board- that is self righteousness and the last time I checked, that is a grievous sin against God. And for such people, it would be easier for a prostitute to enter the kingdom of God than such over righteous descendants of pharisees that Jesus Christ out rightly condemned.
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by FarmTech(m): 12:49pm On Mar 23, 2015
koyyess:
And the fact still remains that ladies who wear trousers are not committing any crime or sin. But just as skirts can be worn to stumble others, so can be said of trousers too. What you should be preaching is modesty and not going over board- that is self righteousness and the last time I checked, that is a grievous sin against God. And for such people, it would be easier for a prostitute to enter the kingdom of God than such over righteous descendants of pharisees that Jesus Christ out rightly condemned.
Check my past posts, I never talked about trousers but immodest dressing. And I don't know how self righteousness came into this.
Although I've not seen where the bible condemn wearing of trousers (or I'm not well informed on that), I won't advise my own sisters to wear it except in special occassions like workshop, sports where it's very important. And my reason for that is that personally, I've NEVER seen a lady wearing modest trousers. They mainly go for undersize ones that'll bring out everything. The absence of shame really baffles me sometimes. No wonder Phil 3:19 says "...their glory is in their shame..."
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by koyyess: 5:44pm On Mar 24, 2015
FarmTech:

Check my past posts, I never talked about trousers but immodest dressing. And I don't know how self righteousness came into this.
Although I've not seen where the bible condemn wearing of trousers (or I'm not well informed on that), I won't advise my own sisters to wear it except in special occassions like workshop, sports where it's very important. And my reason for that is that personally, I've NEVER seen a lady wearing modest trousers. They mainly go for undersize ones that'll bring out everything. The absence of shame really baffles me sometimes. No wonder Phil 3:19 says "...their glory is in their shame..."
How contradicting your comment is. I leave you to wallow in your own self righteous world.

1 Like

Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by FarmTech(m): 12:21pm On Mar 25, 2015
koyyess:
How contradicting your comment is. I leave you to wallow in your own self righteous world.
Re: "Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies by FarmTech(m): 12:22pm On Mar 25, 2015
koyyess:
From experience, whenever you try to correct some people about a sin they are very fond of, they tag you as either self-righteous or over righteous. Your case does not suprise me buddy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See How A Makeup Artist Transformed A Woman With Burn Scars / Ladies Please What's Your Opinion On Sagging? / Daniel Precious Emerges Winner Cultural Queen Africa, Gets Exotic Car (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.