Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Configure your Microsoft Outlook to read Gmail and other email providers - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Configure your Microsoft Outlook to read Gmail and other email providers (9294 Views)

Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? / How Do I Configure My Outlook To Send Email Messages? / HOW TO CONFIGURE YOUR FULL IWP V1and 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Configure your Microsoft Outlook to read Gmail and other email providers by sbucareer(f): 10:59am On Sep 02, 2006

I thought I'd let people that don't know that, you do not always need to login to your email server to check your mails.

Outlook can do that for you, all you need to do is configure Microsoft Outlook to do that for you. If you are using outlook version 2003, you can work straight from your word document as outlook 2003 has word document incorporated into it with all the features like image, flash, marquee bold, underline, database, etc.

You can begin to send professional letter edited in word document, no more document attachments, just work straight from the email software, hence Outlook 2003.

As soon as you open Outlook 2003, it will login and download all your emails from all your emails servers. You can reply your emails from the Outlook 2003 and send it to the recipient without ever logging into your email server again.

You can choose to download and delete your emails from the email server or choose to leave it.

Here is a link for gmail on outlook 2003.

You can search the internet on how to configure your particular email server by searching the internet for reference. Here is how I searched and got gmail

Just replace gmail and add your email server, google will do the rest.
Re: Configure your Microsoft Outlook to read Gmail and other email providers by hayprof(m): 10:34pm On Sep 02, 2006
@ sbu this is luvly. But i dont understand u wella can u enlighten a lame man?
Re: Configure your Microsoft Outlook to read Gmail and other email providers by sbucareer(f): 4:49am On Sep 03, 2006

hayprof, sorry what don't you understand? To search google, in the search parameter, I entered configure gmail with outlook

In your search parameter if your email server is Pegasus, edit gmail i.e. configure Pegasus with outlook
That is what I meant.
Re: Configure your Microsoft Outlook to read Gmail and other email providers by hubreality(m): 9:23pm On Nov 14, 2008
Thank you, sbucareer for that helpful information. I did remember now that, it's being a long time i use it, "Microsoft Out Express" as my personal and business email solution software using my Yahoo! and Infoweb email servers. Nice one for Gmail and other email servers. "Microsoft Outlook 2003" i know will always be better everyday. Good article.B-)
Re: Configure your Microsoft Outlook to read Gmail and other email providers by hubreality(m): 9:23pm On Nov 14, 2008
Thank you, sbucareer for that helpful information. I did remember now that is being a long time i use it "Microsoft Out Express" as my personal and business email solution software using my Yahoo! and Infoweb email servers. Nice one for Gmail and other email servers. "Microsoft Outlook 2003" i know will always be better everyday. Good article.B-)
Re: Configure your Microsoft Outlook to read Gmail and other email providers by xtremeidea(m): 8:49pm On Mar 14, 2010
guy na yahoo i need!!!

(1) (Reply)

✈✳✅Gaming & Graphics LAPTOPS / How Can I Format My Acer Laptop Back To Factory Settings Pls Nairalander. / How Do I Unlock My Glo Netpro Modem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.