Stats: 3,150,329 members, 7,808,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Why Dont Yorubas Have Naija Pride - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Dont Yorubas Have Naija Pride (3085 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity / To The Yorubas, Have You Ever Been Told To Ask For Arodan? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Dont Yorubas Have Naija Pride by adamskutty(m): 1:22am On Mar 21, 2015
I don't know why the mod decided to hide my very inspirational posts
Re: Why Dont Yorubas Have Naija Pride by ojaydedon(m): 1:22am On Mar 21, 2015
hmmm....
Re: Why Dont Yorubas Have Naija Pride by kekakuz(m): 6:25am On Mar 21, 2015
haaaa op you are lucky I have changed. I would have opened 9threds for this silly one
how there you question Yoruba loyalty. I don't blame you
kogi people are always feeling lost.

any time any day I am a Yoruba b4 a Nigerian
when did Nigeria come to be,a nation forced to remain together.the Igbos are shouting Biafra housas killing other tribes and religion since 1660
you open you silly mouth to question the Yoruba mans loyalty.

Re: Why Dont Yorubas Have Naija Pride by onila(f): 6:57am On Mar 21, 2015
kekakuz:
haaaa op you are lucky I have changed. I would have opened 9threds for this silly one
how there you question Yoruba loyalty. I don't blame you
kogi people are always feeling lost.

any time any day I am a Yoruba b4 a Nigerian
when did Nigeria come to be,a nation forced to remain together.the Igbos are shouting Biafra housas killing other tribes and religion since 1660
you open you silly mouth to question the Yoruba mans loyalty.

igbos only shout BIAFRA when they are frustrated
apart from that, they are very patriotic especially their women

Bigfrancis was right, yorubas see themselves as yoruba than Nigerian
because you just said it

Re: Why Dont Yorubas Have Naija Pride by zenith4biz(m): 7:06am On Mar 21, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Truth be told, let us tell ourselves the truth: the academics issue you talked about is no more. Since the last few years, JAMB statistics have contiually showed the most JAMB applicants (those attempting to go to school) as from South East zone. In WAEC, the best performers in recent times have come from the South East and South South zones, save for Lagos state which is multi-ethnic in its composition with its performance largely attributed to non south westerners. The state with the highest professors isn't even Ekiti state to start with. There might have been a period the south west led in academics, say after the civil war and about 10 years after but ever since then they no longer lead.

Ogun state might have the highest number of private universities, that still does not make the south west as leading in academics. You can have all universities in Nigeria located in SW but yet with SW indigenes making up only 30% of overall attendance in those universities. We need to deal with numbers to establish that fact. Now, every university in Nigeria is given a certain quota of admissions to be given each year, for example 3000 admits, 3,225 etc, based on the university's carrying capacity and how prolific its academic curriculum is, and Federal Universities in Nigeria often have higher quotas than private universities, which implies that private universities admit generally a lesser number of students than federal universities (UNN, UI, UNIZIK, UNILAG, OAU, ABU, FUTO, UNIBEN etc) because Federal Universities often have a more diverse range of courses that they offer than private universities.

Now coming to numbers, in the south west zone, a considerable number of students in virtually most universities in SW are from the south east, and in the south east zone, an overwhelming 90% of students or more is from the same south east zone. These estimates given are representative of what JAMB statistics tell us - that students from south east zone are leading in number of applicants to universities in Nigeria. All over SE and in the North, you would not find students of SW origin contesting the natives in considerable number of students studying in universities in those areas as you would have students of SE doing the same in SW and the North. Students of SW origin tend to be concentrated mostly in the SW, where students of SE origin compete favourably in numbers with them and are still the majority in SE. JAMB and WAEC statistics confirm the demographcs.

As it stands now, south west no longer leads in academics, at least not in the population of stuents going to school. The SE zone has considerably closed on that gap created during and after the civil war.

Sir, I agreed on the aforementioned facts, but when I mean academics, I look at it from the Business angle not as school enrolment

Re: Why Dont Yorubas Have Naija Pride by kekakuz(m): 8:15am On Mar 21, 2015
onila:

igbos only shout BIAFRA when they are frustrated
apart from that, they are very patriotic especially their women

Bigfrancis was right, yorubas see themselves as yoruba than Nigerian
because you just said it
you sound senseless
ever since the beginning, the Igbo have been crying Biafra till date. even have their currency and flag and radio station less embassy in Spain.
what has the Yoruba man done
something is clogging your brain.
go to the north and see anguan yorubawa or Yoruba community.have you ever heard anything like anguan IBO in the north or see an IBO man with. Hausa wife. pls close thread if. you have nothing meaningful to post

How To Make Bead Wedding Pearl Jewelry Sets With Seed Beads By Your Own Hand. / Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects / The Concept Of Igbo Kwenu In Igbo Culture