Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC (35434 Views)

Buhari Campaigns In Style In Imo With Open Roof Bus (photos) / Aisha Buhari Campaigns In Edo In A Colourful Manner (photos) / Buhari Campaigns In Anambra Today (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by fun4: 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar
has stated he is not fully visible in the
campaign rallies and programmes of
the presidential candidate of the APC,
Muhammadu Buhari, because the
campaign secretariat has refused to
invite or consult with him in its
programmes.

In an interview with the Hausa service
of the BBC monitored Friday morning,
the former VP said he has paid his dues
as far as politics is concerned in the
country because he has participated in
many presidential campaigns in the
past.

“I campaigned for late Shehu Yar’Adua
twice successfully,” he said. “We did
that of Abiola, Obasanjo and for
myself.

“I am not a light weight politician,
whoever needs my presence should
contact and extend invitation to me.”
Atiku said he has already made his
feelings known to the Director General
of the Buhari campaign organisation,
Governor Rotimi Amaechi.

“They need to check the strategy they
are adopting and I made that clear to
the campaign DG, Rotimi Amaechi and
I told him that if you don’t consult or
invite me, you will not see me,” he
said.

Asked whether his remarks meant there
was crisis in the APC, Atiku said the
situation has not degenerated to that
extent.

Atiku, however, said although he had
“issues and reservations” with the way
the campaign was being run, he expressed the view
that it was not too late to make amends.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178852-why-im-not-visible-in-buhari-campaigns-atiku.html
Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by ozoigbondu: 8:38pm On Mar 20, 2015
Who cares Atiku will soon return home..........GEJ everywhere you go........GEJ till 2019

109 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by SeverusSnape(m): 8:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
Because you're still angry you lost the primaries to him.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by brownlord: 8:46pm On Mar 20, 2015
“They need to check the strategy they
are adopting and I made that clear to
the campaign DG, Rotimi Amaechi and
I told him that if you don’t consult or
invite me, you will not see me
,” he

To those politically naive APC robot, what the business man is saying, I need a written agreement and not word of mouth promises.

What will be my share after investing just like Tinubu already know what is due him for investing in the business.

The guy above me is insane.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by fun4: 8:46pm On Mar 20, 2015
Atiku says he is not a light weight politician and I completely agree with him; if not GEJ would have ignored visiting him recently.

What do you think?

Or could Atiku be sending a message to the APC?

6 Likes

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by xrisdon(m): 8:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
A house divided...............

Atiku is now a political orphan!
he is just living in his past glory.

meanwhile GEJ till 2019

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by tittop4: 8:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
Atiku is nothing to Nigeria,he can go with his APC and die with them.

7 Likes

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by temitemi1(m): 8:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
GEJ till 2019!!!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by EdCure: 8:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
We are APC

We are sure to win

With or without Atiku

With PVC = Please Vote for Change!

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by unlimitedbosco: 9:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
if they can reject atiku after he had paid 27.5 million and other contributions what will they do to million of nigerians shouting change after they have won. Change is for 1984 transformation is for 2015 and beyound nigerians vote wisely

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by Slynonny(m): 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
Goodluck Nigeria.
Vote GEJ for Continuity.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by fun4: 9:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
xrisdon:
A house divided...............

Atiku is now a political orphan!
he is just living in his past glory.

That's what some people say oh! But GEJ still thinks otherwise oh!

1 Like

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by efilefun(m): 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
Sai Buhari ... anybody wey e vex make he go stand for middle of 3rd mainland bridge... would have preferred you hugging the transformer but they ain't functioning.... Saiii Buhari God bless the people's general

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by steppin: 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
You're not visible cos you're waiting for the right moment to jump ship as usual.
Stay with APC, the party of lies and propaganda where you belong to.
GEJ till...2019.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by ellechrystal(f): 9:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
Hmm, hehe hehe, fire on d mountain, this explains his secret meeting with Johnathan, hmm. Things r surely not going well in APC blive me, n it's obvious Amaechi has beef with Atiku, after this election, them go scatter well, apc is just a party of different enemies, who decided to come together to hunt a common enemy,
Propaganda is their watch word wen it comes to their campaigns,
I just dey look una

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by chelseabmw(m): 9:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
Sai Buhari

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2015
[size=30pt]CHANGE

IS

INEVITABLE!
[/size]

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by chelseabmw(m): 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2015
ellechrystal:
Hmm

You like frontpage too much ... cheesy
Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by Blackchampion(m): 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2015
We all know d truth bro

1 Like

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by Riodiao(m): 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2015
Letter to Buhari from the grave of the innocents –
By Bashir Yusufu
Dear General Buhari; I would’ve addressed this letter privately to you, but in the expectation that you may not receive it, I decided to make it an Open Letter, in the hope that you would stumble on it, read it and hopefully feel some of the pains and anguish that have been my lot. Having said that, permit me therefore to proceed with the rest of this missive from the grave of innocents departed.
Last night, while I was at my modest home in Katsina, relaxing and probably half-awake, I heard the voice of my cousin who was killed in the North in April 2011 during the post-election violence instigated by your loss of the presidential election. With bloodshot sad eyes, my cousin, looking apparition-like, was wailing “Gen Buhari, why why”. My cousin’s name is (or was) Mallam Yusuf Danfulani, a bright young lad originally from Katsina State, who was slaughtered in cold blood and set on fire by youths chanting “Sai Buhari”, like they are again now chanting in 2015.
Gen Buhari, in case you have forgotten, Yusuf was slaughtered in your name even though he never did any wrong to you, and even voted for you against Dr Jonathan. He lost his life just because the murderers you encouraged by your many hate speeches believed Yusuf to be from middle belt or southern Nigeria, most probably because of his bulky looks and brave, patriotic attempts to prevent the killing of an innocent Youth Corper, Ukeoma Ikechukwu. Even though he cried out in Hausa and Fulfulde, he was still not believed by those you (Buhari) managed to brainwash to see all non-Fulani Nigerians as conspiring to vote against you. In this very case, Yusuf voted for you but his ‘Sai Buhari’ killers never believed he did. Like you, Gen Buhari, the mob was baying for the blood of innocents.
If not for Yusuf’s best friend who was with him and was himself nearly killed, we would not have recognized his charred body that was burnt beyond recognition. And thanks to the same friend for recounting to us the little he could make out at the last moments of Yusuf’s life, the agony he passed through and the most important words he uttered before he gave up. It is the same words I heard him utter last night from the grave: ‘Gen Buhari, why why’. Yet, to this day, you (Buhari) have not cared to apologize or show any remorse, but you instead offered lame excuses for the bloodletting you had instigated, and still instigate. I now ask you this: Gen Buhari, must you always shade blood, like you started doing from 1983, to rule Nigeria? Do you recall how you killed Brigadier Bako in 1983 just so you could take power by force from Shehu Shagari?
General Buhari, Ukeoma Ikechukwu himself was reported missing that same day Yusuf was murdered by your supporters, and finally confirmed dead the following day when his charred remains was discovered in a hooded area. Apparently, your supporters had dragged him out of the open and tortured him before finally snuffing life out of him. Like my cousin, Yusuf, Ukeoma was very young and an innocent. Unlike Dr. Jonathan, they were not contesting against you. Yet, when they were killed, part of Nigeria was killed with them; the same Nigeria that you are now angrily campaigning to rule.
Yusuf and Ukeoma were not alone. Six other innocent Youth Corpers were also murdered in Bauchi, where you Buhari, polled 1,315,209 votes (almost 82 per cent), defeating Dr Jonathan who scored 258,404 votes and did not even hit the 25 per cent mark. The corps members were reportedly chased to a police station where they sought refuge. But the rioters, who were raving mad with bloodlust and chanting “Sai Buhari”, overran the station and murdered the young Nigerians in cold blood. So, Gen Buhari, as you can see from the Bauchi result and it’s aftermath, your supporters even shade blood when you win; still you have no qualms. Today, you are prancing around the nation, arrogant and angry as usual, behaving like you have already won the election; and thus setting up another bloodletting if you are not announced winner.
The story of Obinna Okpokiri is as heart-wrenching as Yusuf’s. The 27-year-old was butchered and burnt to ashes, in the service of his fatherland. Okpokiri’s own circumstances were as gruesome as they could be. He had run to the Corpers’ Lodge as the rampaging ‘Sai Buhari’ rioters targeted Youth Corper polling officers recruited by INEC for the election. As painful death loomed, the young Nigerians contemplated fleeing to the barracks. But they were not lucky enough. Your ‘Sai Buhari’ supporters caught up with them, slaughtered and set them on fire. Like Yusuf, these innocents are human beings and future leaders on the last laps of fulfilling their national duty before moving on to a bright future. But it was not to be because, in your name, Gen Buhari, they were slaughtered, sliced, soaked in petrol and scorched. Reduced to ashes in minutes and in the most callous fashion by those that are not better citizens or humans than them.
General Buhari, while you are now busy inciting another violence, please bear in mind that in 2011, your supporters turned violent in whole 12 northern states as they burned the homes, vehicles, and properties of innocent Nigerians, some of whom are also Muslims and Northerners like you and my cousin Yusuf. Your ‘Sai Buhari’ supporters also targeted and killed Christians and members of southern Nigerian ethnic groups, who were seen as supporting the PDP, and they burnt churches across the north. One particular attack in Bauchi stood out as most heart-breaking. According to Human Rights Watch, on April 17 in Giade, a rural town in northern Bauchi, ‘Sai Buhari’ mobs attacked youth corps members in the town. The Corpers, who were mostly from Yoruba, ran to the local police station to seek refuge, but the mobs stormed the police station. The mob killed the police officer on duty and burned down the police station. They raped two of the female youth corps members and then hacked them to death with machetes, along with five male youth corps members. In total, rioters killed ten youth corps members in that town alone.
A lecturer at the Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria, Kaduna State, described to Human Rights Watch how a mob of Muslims chanting “Change, Sai Buhari” attacked and killed several Christian students, a Christian lecturer and four Muslim students suspected of being PDP sympathizers on April 17: He said “Between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m., they entered the school chanting slogans and shouting: “Where are the Christians and Muslims that supported the ruling party?” They had painted their faces black and were shouting that they needed “change”, the Congress for Progressive Change campaign slogan. The mob had all sorts of weapons – machetes, sticks, and clubs. They started breaking the glass on the buildings. The students ran away but the mob pursued them into the staff quarters and they had nowhere to go. The mob beat them to death. The lecturer they killed was Yoruba“.
Finally, Gen Buhari, let me end this letter by asking you this question: When are you going to apologize to me, to Yusuf’s aged parents, to Ukeoma’s parents, to parents of all innocents murdered by your brainwashed supporters, to Nigeria and to mankind? And here is Yusuf again, asking you from the grave: “Gen Buhari, why why”.
Bashir Yusufu.
yusufubashir@yahoo.com

26 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by sammyj: 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
Atiku has just confirmed his loyalty to GMB and further clearing the PDP propaganda that he cannot be bought with dollarsssss by the clueless one .
SAI BUHARI
KIA GEJ

7 Likes

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by Agimor(m): 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
Story for the God's.
Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by datguru: 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by dmjinc(m): 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
ok
Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by opelipoas: 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
Yeye talk
Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
thank u Jesus Christ our God.
for choosing Gej
no matter what the APCs says Jesus Christ have over come the world-Satan their father

3 Likes

Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by reylova: 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
better
Re: Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC by bakila: 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
Sai Bahari, Sai Atiku.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fatimah Ganduje-Ajimobi ‘Fights’ Father’s Critics On Twitter / MASSOB To Jonathan: Free Rev. King, 35 Others Before May 29 / Sex For Appointment Scandal Rocks Presidency - Naij.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.