Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes (55721 Views)

Saraki Reacts To Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview / Witches And Wizards Speak On Edo Governorship Election / Buhari Will Stop Export Of Edo Prostitutes Overseas – Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by Ovamboland(m): 7:56am On Mar 21, 2015
Na wah for TANoids reasoning capacity o, they will never forget to list Almajiri schools as GEJ's major achievement, now somebody is talking about addressing girl-trafficking and they drum up offense.
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by frank442: 7:56am On Mar 21, 2015
Mrs Buhari Didn't Address 'edo Prostitute' In A Ridiculous Way (punch)

Go and verify ur news very well
Politics is a dirty game

This is the work of the
talking drum,ayo fayose and fani kayode the barstard

1 Like

Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by sexyjob(m): 8:13am On Mar 21, 2015
Ilekeh:
PDP : trying real hard, but will still fail.

Aisha is not Mama Piss
Keep dreaming, buhari would not be forgiven this time if any Nigerian is lost to his fanatism and illiteracy. He would be jailed for the rest of his life.
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by sexyjob(m): 8:15am On Mar 21, 2015
frank442:
Mrs Buhari Didn't Address 'edo Prostitute' In A Ridiculous Way (punch)

Go and verify ur news very well
Politics is a dirty game

This is the work of the
talking drum,ayo fayose and fani kayode the barstard

What is punch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by ellechrystal(f): 8:39am On Mar 21, 2015
command01:
take your time to watch the video. Or are u deliberately ignorant and stup1d?
U r funny, r u ok? Did I insult anyone here, y can't u just help to portray ur up bringing in a right manner, must u insult someone?
Smh, I won't being myself low to insult u too, just Ve ur fun, n stand corrected, am not stupid nor ignorant,. Maybe u r n feel others r like u.
Thanks, do Ve a good day.
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 21, 2015
dokyOloye:
Better a prostitute than a child bride or suicide bomber.
By d way,seems like U dont know prostitution is legal in many countries.

Do not rationalise social ills, what is bad is bad
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by iamrealdeji(m): 8:45am On Mar 21, 2015
CounsellorWise:

Who is this stone age foul-mouthed savage? Substandard education reflects like midnight stars in your clumsy composition. Your thought is beyond the pale!
I wasn't referring to all Edo people Mr,only those that made trashy comments,so,i ain't trying to insult anybody
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by iamrealdeji(m): 8:48am On Mar 21, 2015
CounsellorWise:

Who is this stone age foul-mouthed savage? Substandard education reflects like midnight stars in your clumsy composition. Your thought is beyond the pale!
I wasn't referring to all Edo people Mr,only those that made trashy comments,so,i ain't trying to insult anybody,i have lots of Edo friends that are so educated and brilliant,so,no diss
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 21, 2015
tayolove12:

In ur own view abi.......try once and behave like reasonable truthful Nigeria pikin not like Mrs buhari and his fake husband

Have you asked other Nigerian immigrants in Europe?

Aisha Buhari did not say that. It is PDP's smear campaign.
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by swtglo(f): 8:50am On Mar 21, 2015
hahahhah edo pple una don hear ham, so edo state is now an international state of prostitution baa? tank God am nt frm Der
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by swtglo(f): 8:52am On Mar 21, 2015
but why didn't she make such statement went she was in other states, is really painful i swear
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by habeebcole: 8:53am On Mar 21, 2015
its not like wat she sed is a lie....isnt it the truth?......we had of many stories of sex slaves trade. even here on nairaland.....this thing shes talking of have led to the death of many, the suffering of much, and the destruction of ambitions to others

An article i read from in the early 21st century tells that 90% of girls into international sex trade are from Edo. And as at now from my findings its still the same.

The truth can also be said from jokes. Basketmouth himself sang it in one of his songs where he was yabbing girls. And am sure most of u heard it. Why dont you hold him responsible.

Am sorry to my Edo friends and Nairalanders. That is a very bitter truth. Someone who really cares about people well being just showed a little concern.
Or if you as a person was given a chance to stop it,wont you?

All she needs from you is your support, whether or not He wins, together as one we can do it.

a Yoruba slang says "o mo ibi ti omo ma de" and its true . you may know where you are but you never can tell were your child will reach.

a fight for this is a fight for liberty
a fight for this is a fight for our new coming generation
a fight for this is for our own.

Together as one, let us stop this.

this is just my opinion. Don't get it twisted.
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by delishpot: 9:03am On Mar 21, 2015
Are most prostitutes abroad who are Nigrians not Edo babes? Hiw often do you see hausa prostirutes being deported? Abegi...... Aisha no lie jor grin grin grin

Please oooo Edo people, dont eat me raw o.

But she should have just said prostitution of our women abroad na instead if mentioning a state. Oh well, no one is perfect 100% of the time.

Even those calling for her head have done and said worse tribalist insults to fellow country men.
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by Olaolufred(m): 9:05am On Mar 21, 2015
Sunshinelady:
. Honestly,even b4 I saw dis Nairaland thread I read wat she said & found it very ofensive to d Edo pple. She said every area has its own problems & dat d problem peculiar to Edo was child traficking...etc. Etc. How can she be such a hippocrite? Wen her pple are marryin grls @ 13, 11 & 9yrs. Culd she pls remove d plank in her eyes frst?

STOP RUNNING FROM YOUR SHADOW.
CHILD TRAFFICKING HAD BEEN EDO PROBLEM THAT IS NOT LATENT.
YOU SHOULD BE GLAD THAT THE HOPE IS COMING.
HE MENTIONED GIRL CHILD MARRIAGE IN THE NORTH, BUT THAT WOUDNT HAVE FETCH PDP ANY POINT.
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by koladebrainiac(m): 9:24am On Mar 21, 2015
This is a distortion of truth. This is not the statement and this post should not be placed on front page. Please remove this post . Its misleading and inappropriate. Nairaland should be clean and one should be able to come here to read fact not cooked up lies. Her statement is on TV. Screen and that's not what she said. Please do the needful by moving this out of homepage

Thanks.
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by ifeanyi83(m): 10:15am On Mar 21, 2015
bilulu:
Enough of all dis insult mrs Buhari. if she is not insulting edo people why wil she say such in d state...at wat age were u married out? ve u stop child marriage in d north? well ur husband wil soon cry again

Brother...please calm down. I read the speech and these were her exact words...“In each zone of the country, we have peculiar problems; our problems differ. For me, in this zone, girl-child trafficking sho‎uld be considered as one of our problems, though I know that there is unemployment. Unemployment is a major factor that contributes to brain drain and also the girl child trafficking...
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by OXLANDOWN: 10:17am On Mar 21, 2015
Wetin una expect from cow pikin?

Na dat short man(Osho) invite am come Benin.

May God forgive her and Osho
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by anonimi: 10:37am On Mar 21, 2015
bilulu:
Enough of all dis insult mrs Buhari. if she is not insulting edo people why wil she say such in d state...at wat age were u married out? ve u stop child marriage in d north? well ur husband wil soon cry again

She was BARELY legal as na for katsina road wey she bin dey sell akara na im oga mallam bin see am, marry am come go polish am small make she for take sabi speak turenchi small small grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2220352_akara_jpege7e4b152d5c64a630a074eac0d55acc4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by olayinkaj2(m): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2015
They should keep quiet jor!
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by tayolove12(m): 10:55am On Mar 21, 2015
Justfollowit:

Have you asked other Nigerian immigrants in Europe?

Aisha Buhari did not say that. It is PDP's smear campaign.

Have you been to Europe be4? Yu just make ur final conclusion....most of lady in benin are lazy to work even with there boys that is why they choose thief and prostitutes as there best work...most of yoruba girls are more Disparate than benin girls.... Back to Buhari wife did yu knw what is doing at Buhari's back coz Buhari can't perform again his old as dog looking @ her she a prostitutes like benin and yoruba girls cheers
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by olayinkaj2(m): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2015
I know that is not what she said, people twisted it since they did not want her husband to be the president if this nation. I listen to her speech and she was only talking about child trafficking. Haters! Hmmmm...
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by Bolosiye: 11:08am On Mar 21, 2015
masseratti:
PDP stop lying at no point did she say that,she mentioned woman trafficking will be stopped by providing employment, she is a woman,and she said every region has its own peculiar problem,at month point did she mentioned EDO women being prostitute,stop twisting her words.
Are we going to be in denial that we don't have various problem? Is she not better than that one shouting people should stone each other?she is addressing issues concerning women not the one advocating for more women to join politics with the sole purpose of serving her husband and aiding to steal?
prostitution is a common phenomena to any clan where women exits, so why would she pick on that as one problem peculiar to the Edo pple. In my own opinion that is very derigatory. I personally took my time to listen to her the day she gave the speech and made that statement, she was not coherent or articulate, all she said that day did not really add up or paint a picture of a true politician with a clear cut manifesto as to how she intend to actualize the partys mantra of "CHANGE". Sincerely she did not impress me. The case of she and her husband is that of birds of same feathers.

1 Like

Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by Bolosiye: 11:14am On Mar 21, 2015
masseratti:
PDP stop lying at no point did she say that,she mentioned woman trafficking will be stopped by providing employment, she is a woman,and she said every region has its own peculiar problem,at month point did she mentioned EDO women being prostitute,stop twisting her words.
Are we going to be in denial that we don't have various problem? Is she not better than that one shouting people should stone each other?she is addressing issues concerning women not the one advocating for more women to join politics with the sole purpose of serving her husband and aiding to steal?
prostitution is a common phenomena to any clan where women exits, so why would she pick on that as one problem peculiar to the Edo pple. In my own opinion that is very derigatory. I personally took my time to listen to her the day she gave the speech and made that statement, she was not coherent or articulate, all she said that day did not really add up or paint a picture of a true politician with a clear cut manifesto as to how she intend to actualize the partys mantra of "CHANGE". Sincerely she did not impress me. The case of she and her husband is that of birds of same feathers.
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by dokyOloye: 11:25am On Mar 21, 2015
bokohalal:

I am Bini. I know Edo women that are international prostitutes. Whether as friends, relatives or in-laws.I know sponsors (sponsorer, in local parlance) and also in varing degrees of relationship. It is a degrading profession. Much as they have money, and some of the prostitutes have really contributed to the economic climate of the state, they know their place in the society. I hope they legalize prostitution, especially in your area.
From Ur write up,I deduce U've never been to d north,especially d core north.
Illiteracy is high in d north,yes we know that,but for d girl child,it is about 95%.Their parents simply believe education is a waste for d girl child.
At d age of 14yrs,80% of these girls are already married as 3rd or 4th wives to men who are older than fathers whether they like the groom or not.
Many of them come down with vesico-vaginal fistula(uncontrollable dribbling of urine)when attempting child birth,and pronto,their husbands abandon them and marry another child sharp sharp.
These men will later divorce them by word of mouth 10yrs layer and marry other 14yr olds and so d cycle continues.
Trust me,I know what I mean when I say d fate of d northern girl is worse than a prostitute.

2 Likes

Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by Bolosiye: 11:36am On Mar 21, 2015
MadCow1:
grin grin

See Edo people dey vex like say dem just call their virgin daughters prostitutes.. grin

Are Edo Girls not crossing the border every day to go to Italy to prostitute? undecided

Why are Edo people resisting CHANGE? grin
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by dokyOloye: 11:37am On Mar 21, 2015
shepherdnoble:
So you too na ashawo C u c aids...mumu
Ewu,must U abuse?
If U have relatives or friends living in d core north,ask them about d fate of d girl child then U will know their fate is worse than slavery.
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by chernest2002: 11:53am On Mar 21, 2015
This woman must not near asorock,the first lady cried for her children and said(there is god oo) and you people mocked her and shout change change,and your best first lady to be has already started by calling your girls prostitutes and you keep quiet because you are ashamed,your freedom is also in question soon all will believe that we better stick to the devil we know,vote wisely,gej till 2019.
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by lastpage: 12:09pm On Mar 21, 2015
SammyHoe:
People keep lying just for propaganda sake. Here is the exact way Mrs. Buhari addresed 'child trafficking', not in the way PDP propagandists painted it.

Source: Punch Newspaper
http://www.punchng.com/news/unemployment-causing-girl-child-trafficking-brain-drain-buharis-wife/

Pls sensible Nigerians, can you just tell me what is offensive about the bolded?

This election has EXPOSED the "innate EVIL" of most of our Brothers from the East...... who are the principal supporters of the Evil Jonathan Government.

Let us assume for a moment that Aisha Buhari identified and said that "Prostitution overseas is a problem of Edo state".

Question is: Is she saying anything new?
As someone who is married to an Edo princess and who has lived in a few countries abroad, l can tell you that it is a "statistical fact" that close to 90% of those girls prostituting overseas are from Edo state.

Edo state happens to be the first state in Nigeria to "open eye" in so many ways. It is not for joke that we say "Edo no dey carry last".
In terms of "exposure" Edo state is miles ahead of all other Nigerian states.
Look at Sports, can ant state compete with Edo?
What about fashion/Beauty? is there any state that can stand Edo?
What of "street sense", can anyone from anywhere compete with Edo people? Even the Warri-sense dey bow where Edo they operate! wink

But with these level of exposure, comes some bad effects:
It is the older "Aunties" who first travelled out and saw that a lot of money could be made by trafficking young Edo girls, under the guise of helping them to "travel out", ...for prostitution.
Some years back, Italy was virtually over-ran by Edo prostitutes. Same with Germany and most of Europe. America is not left out.

Most "Edo Mothers" dont know that their daughter will be introduced to and use for Prostitution when an "Aunty" comes calling to help them take their daughter abroad. You need to see what these girls go through, when reality dawns on them.
They are held against their will, with their passport seized, with threats and actual murder of these girls, if they try to run away to freedom.
These prostitution ring is managed by Organized criminals.
THESE ARE THE FACTS.

If l say most "Chemist" (Unregistered Drug dispensing outfits) in Nigeria sell FAKE DRUGS which kill Nigerians and most of these "CHEMISTS" are owned by Igbos, have l said anything new? If l add that "Igbos sell killer FAKE DRUGS", am l insulting Igbos or stating the OBVIOUS FACT?
Dora Akinyilu, of blessed memory, the NAFDAC chairperson was almost murdered by her Igbo kinsmen who are into the "dirty business", all for the glorification of MONEY
!

Aisha Buhari just spoke the "obvious fact" (even as twisted as her statement were, by evil Jonathanians) and went further to say how Buhari's Govt can assist in curbing such evil!

Now, just imagine, if flood water is disturbing you in your house.
Your "next door neighbour" noticed this and mentioned it to you, also suggesting ways she can help you prevent the flood water from continuing to damage your property.
While at it, the man from the next street, who happens to work with the state Environmental Agency and who has been seeing the problem you are going through for years, comes forward and says "How can you allow your neighbour to insult you like that, by saying flood water may collapse your house? How dare her? You must hate and fight her for daring to suggest your house may collapse"!
Saying all these just to instigate hatred between you and your neighbour who meant well.

The above analogy best describes the "Evil Behaviour" of Jonathan supporters, most of whom unsurprisingly, are IGBOSr.

I have observed repeatedly where Igbos think and act in a manner that suggests "we would cause enough chaos within the Nigerian polity, until we are either given the opportunity to secede or asked to secede".

Keen observers would see that Igbos are and would support any EVIL, any ILLEGALITY, any MANIPULATION, TRIBALISM, RELIGIOUS DIVISION, BRIBERY, POLITICAL MANIPULATIONS, MURDER, e.t.c .... just to ensure that either their choice (Jonathan) wins or the country descends into chaos so they can actuallize what they fail to achieve through the barrel of the gun in 1966, by devilish manipulation of the system!

But let me admonish Igbos that Nigerians are watching them closely. Nigerians and indeed the whole world ar etaking note of all the EVILS you are perpetrating on this country, for your selfish ends.
Let me remind them that "Those who sow evil, would reap evil, at the end of the day".

Karma has a way of rewarding those who sow evil and l hope that when Igbos start reaping the rewards of what they are sowing now, they would not turn around to shout "marginalization, genocide, hatred, double-standard, self-determination, e.t.c"?

To twist and try to incite the good people of Edo state, against your Political opponent, using false and manipulative statements and making false interpretations of her statement is SHEER EVIL.

Aisha Buhari made her statement in good faith, spoke facts and meant well but the "evil minded" supporters of jonathan are so desperate they would manipulate everything (even if she smiles), to their advantage.

Nigerians must be wise, must vote wisely and know who their real enemies are.
People who dont mean well for our country and who are undermining the health of our polity , for their own selfish agenda, are enemies of Nigeria!

Vote for Buhari / Osinbajo, its time we sanitise and uproot evil from this country.

Lastpage!
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by masseratti: 12:43pm On Mar 21, 2015
Bolosiye:
please save me that,prostitution is one of the oldest job/occupation or anything you want to call it in the world,she never mentioned that, what she said is women trafficking which could be slavery,servitude not necessarily prostitution .if you live in denial about a problem how will you solve it,she said every region has its own peculiar problem, in the north their own situation is worse but as a leader of the nation and not just the north every region problem has to be addressed.
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by masseratti: 12:48pm On Mar 21, 2015
Abraham2013:

Plz be honest even if it will hurt u, if it was PEJ dat said exactly d same tin, would hav said d above? Also in all her campaigns in d north, has she ever said anytin about underage marriage?
when did she campaign in d north?
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by masseratti: 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
CounsellorWise:

All this screed equals gibberish if you are not from Edo. Would you go to Kastina and tell them how you will stop child marriage? An unimaginable blunder has been hurled at a tribe and you dare trivialise it? You are as pedestrian politically as Aisha and her crude speech writer. Your saving grace is the impenetrable vest which Nairaland offers conscienceless folks like you to blabber incognito. Filthy gift crushes conscience!
Oga please don't wear the toga of an Edo person more than me,because am related to the Grate Bini Kingdom,i won't say because of politics we should not address a problem, do you have an idea of what those girls are going through? Are we going to say we don't have that problem? Are we going to deny that ours is more than any other region when it comes to that issue?yes there are Yoruba igbo Hausa prostitutes but why do you think people all over the country anytime they hear a Nigerian Lady from Italy think of Edo girls?please let's be honest and leave politics out of it.
Re: Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes by masseratti: 12:58pm On Mar 21, 2015
iamrealdeji:

Edo people are illiterates and so uncivilized,thank God I'm not from that part of the country,Aisha was just talking about normal regional problems of course,there are prostitutes in Edo state,it doesn't mean they're all prostitutes
the Grate Edo people are one of the foremost literally people in Nigeria, check your history bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Political Cartoon: Buhari The Snail, A Nation In Waiting - Sahara Reporters / Wike, Atiku Meet In London (Pictures) / Senate To Get New Nominee For Oyo - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.