Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? (3251 Views)

Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" / Journey Gets Boring To The Male Trekker Of GEJ As His Partner Gets Home / Pastors Who Predicted Gej's Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by socialmediaman: 4:56am On Mar 21, 2015
Yesterday i saw a post that made headlines in many Nigerian News Media outlets predicting that "GEJ will win the 2015 election" conducted by a so-called UK based Kevin, Charlyn & Kimberly Associates. After reading the said survery, some things didnt make sense, and something started looking fishy. Here are the points which raised the first red flag:

1. The so-called poll was generated based on some of the most irrelevant deciding factors for most Nigerians running up to the 2015 general elections. The so-called survey based its most deciding factor on human rights protection. Every Nigerian knows that the major deciders for the 2015 general elections are 1. Corruption, 2. Unemployment, 3. Electricity, 4. Level of poverty 5. Currency Devaluation among others. While the human rights record of Buhari has been a consideration for many based on its media publicity and promotion by the PDP campaign team, It never at anytime topped the priority list of most ordinary Nigerian voters over the main issues mentioned above. The top problem most southern Nigerians had with Buhari in this election prior to Feb 14 was not mostly about his human rights record, but mostly about his religious and ethnic bias.

2. The poll claimed “The PDP is starting to look strong while Jonathan’s management of the economy is being better understood and appreciated. A Jonathan’s win will see a continuation of his transformation agenda in the economy and all other sectors which has witnessed significant improvement under his watch.

While The PDP has become much more confident than it was before February 14, It is very biased or outright callous to state that Jonathan's management of the economy is now being appreciated by Nigerians. By who if i may ask? WHat did the so-called research group mean by a "continuation of transformation agenda" which many Nigerians clearly see as fraud or at best, a hype? Which areas exactly are the transformation taking place? Is it electricity improvement? Is it employment generation? Is it police reform? Is it corruption and indiscipline? is it government accountability? Recall that it is in Jonathan's government that people accused of corruption now get court injunctions to prevent you from even investigating the case. The major place in my opinion that Nigerians appreciate the Jonathan's government is the area of freedom of expression where he would beat Buhari till date, but using that as the main issue to judge this election is rather a misinformed priority. Nigerians have also seen a hyped transformation in the railway system rehabilitation, but, on a scale of 1 to 10, where would you place that on the priority list of Nigerians? In the Agriculture sector, yes that is a major score point of this government which cannot be taken away, yet it does not constitute the major issues bothering the 2015 election. Even the freedom of information act is at best a joke, what Nigerians can only see is freedom of expression to a large extent, but not the implementation of the freedom of information, nothing much has changed in that respect.

3. This so-called United Kingdom based research and political risk consultancy firm is only a figment of Imagination of the PDP. Just Google the company name and find out for yourself. The so-called company has no website, it has no known history of political research and consultancy business in the UK or any part of the world, the only time it was mentioned online again after this obviously fraudulent poll was in 2010 when it was said to have predicted a win at the Anambra Governorship election for Hon Uche Ekwunife, just 5 days to the election. Ref: http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/blog/ekwunife%E2%80%99s-profile-scares-opponents/

The last time this company was reported on the news by unpopular blogs in 2010, it was said that the company was based in Lagos. Now it is said to based in the UK, no address, no website, no contact information, no known business or activity, yet it made headlines all over the Nigerian news media.

So my Question is, Why did this news make headlines all over the Nigerian Media? How low has journalism gone in Nigeria? For a company whose identity cannot be verified, for a poll which lacks credibility based on its substance in relation to the real issues bothering the 2015 general elections, how did this pass through screening on news media outlets?

You be the judge. I believe the mystery behind this fraudulent poll, just like the fraudulent Chatham House protest, will be unearthed in the following days to come. God Bless Nigeria

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by Nobody: 5:05am On Mar 21, 2015
Nothing concern us, because our ancestors has since returned Mr. President for the second time, I am sorry for some of you who do not understand that ancestors are far and more educated and see more than the living. President GEJ will not leave villa till 2019. Furthermore ; he will be the one to decide who takes over from him in 2019, OBJ knows this that why he is fight but his strength has since been overwhelmed by Mr. President GEJ.

8 Likes

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by socialmediaman: 5:11am On Mar 21, 2015
freeboy604:
Nothing concern us, because our ancestors has since returned Mr. President for the second time, I sorry some of who do not understand that ancestors are far and more educated and see more than the living. President GEJ will not leave villa till 2019.

lol funny.
Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by Rawani: 5:16am On Mar 21, 2015
The PDP were desperate to counter the previous report predicting a landslide for Buhari two days ago, which was on the cover of the Sun newspaper, therefore FFK went into panic mode and hatched this fake report.

Nigerians are evidently smarter than that. The organization is simply non-existent.

23 Likes

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by Nobody: 5:17am On Mar 21, 2015
socialmediaman:

lol funny.
Yes and that is the fact, if your eyes are open towards some area you will see that the people living in your village are more than the number of people that you see and its real, doubt me? Then ask your grandfather/grandmother. They are in support of GEJ, whatever that is happening today the ancestors knows and they have returned Jonathan .

3 Likes

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by vanhelsing2099(m): 5:28am On Mar 21, 2015
I don't usually comment but when I do...

1 Like

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by Nobody: 5:31am On Mar 21, 2015
freeboy604:

Yes and that is the fact, if your eyes are open towards some area you will see that the people living in your village are more than the number of people that you see and its real, doubt me? Then ask your grandfather/grandmother. They are in support of GEJ, whatever that is happening today the ancestors knows and they have returned Jonathan .

Keep living in self denial. even Jonathan knows himself how unpopular he has become and has resorted to rigging -which God will not allow!!

14 Likes

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by Nobody: 5:41am On Mar 21, 2015
This poll article is as fake as ffk

What baffles me in the arranged poll is the the arranger put the arrangee at whooping 77% and buhari at 27%

77%+27%=104% grin what kind of arrange maths is that?

People deceiving people

17 Likes

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by TheOtherview: 5:51am On Mar 21, 2015
@OP, you are bang on the money on this one.
The name of the firm - Kevin, Charlyn & Kimberly Associates - is such a rib cracker; that I would be prepared to put good money on the table for a flutter, which negates its existence in any tangible form.

This is another Wendell Simlin production, I am afraid. Nothing more, nothing less.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by TheOtherview: 6:05am On Mar 21, 2015
In a statement by Mr O.C Vince, the Vice President of the firm for West Africa, while addressing a press conference in Abuja, on Thursday, explained that the firm has no partisan interest in the outcome of the election which is left for the people of Nigeria to decide.

I no talk am?

TANoid O.C Vince, Vincent Onyekwelu, registered a domain name that has never had a corresponding website. grin grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by socialmediaman: 6:11am On Mar 21, 2015
TheOtherview:

I no talk am?

TANoid O.C Vince, Vincent Onyekwelu, registered a domain name that has never had a corresponding website. grin grin grin

Chai! Caught in the act. Publicity stunt being used to douse the expected reaction from an proposed rigging.

10 Likes

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by lilbabyak(m): 6:19am On Mar 21, 2015
pdp can lie ehn
pdp papa deceiving pikin

7 Likes

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by vedaxcool(m): 6:25am On Mar 21, 2015
See lie, everyone knows GEJ has become an ATM all because he failed to perform when he had the chance!

9 Likes

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by yuncka: 6:27am On Mar 21, 2015
Fake as a failled boob job.

Sai Aisha
Sai Buhari!!

13 Likes

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by modskiller(m): 6:37am On Mar 21, 2015
That shiyt is as fake as all PDP E-Warriors loyalty towards GEJ.

12 Likes

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by madridguy(m): 6:39am On Mar 21, 2015
Haaaaaa..PDP again ?

6 Likes

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by TheOtherview: 6:56am On Mar 21, 2015
No partisan interest, huh?

Bare jokes...

In a statement by Mr O.C Vince, the Vice President of the firm for West Africa, while addressing a press conference in Abuja, on Thursday, explained that the firm has no partisan interest in the outcome of the election which is left for the people of Nigeria to decide.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by TheOtherview: 7:04am On Mar 21, 2015
If OC Vince is not a confirmed and unabashed TANoid, I am not a patriotic Nigerian grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by Exmay(m): 7:33am On Mar 21, 2015
Seun kindly put this on Fp... Our people deserve to know the Truth since the fake poll also made fp...

4 Likes

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by vanhelsing2099(m): 7:34am On Mar 21, 2015
TheOtherview:
If OC Vince is not a confirmed and unabashed TANoid, I am not a patriotic Nigerian grin

@ocvince on twitter...
Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by 4congo: 7:43am On Mar 21, 2015
I still don't get the rationale behind supporting GEJ. From all indications he doesn't care about Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by saharachic(f): 7:51am On Mar 21, 2015
Seun needs to start sanitizing and verifying posts before they make home page. This should be on fp, coz it will be a shame if nairaland does not address this blatant deceit

3 Likes

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by socialmediaman: 7:58am On Mar 21, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Front page? Something that is against jonathan? Why not call lalasticlala! [s]All these APC people sef! Front page ko! Front page ni! 8[/s])
Fixed

@lalasticlala frontpage ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by gen2briz(m): 8:05am On Mar 21, 2015
Again
Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by QuiverBox(f): 8:10am On Mar 21, 2015
Exmay:
Seun kindly put this on Fp... Our people deserve to know the Truth since the fake poll also made fp...
modskiller:
That shiyt is as fake as all PDP E-Warriors loyalty towards GEJ.
lilbabyak:
pdp can lie ehn
pdp papa deceiving pikin
socialmediaman:
Yesterday i saw a post that made headlines in many Nigerian News Media outlets predicting that "GEJ will win the 2015 election" conducted by a so-called UK based Kevin, Charlyn & Kimberly Associates. After reading the said survery, some things didnt make sense, and something started looking fishy. Here are the points which raised the first red flag:
1. The so-called poll was generated based on some of the most irrelevant deciding factors for most Nigerians running up to the 2015 general elections. The so-called survey based its most deciding factor on human rights protection. Every Nigerian knows that the major deciders for the 2015 general elections are 1. Corruption, 2. Unemployment, 3. Electricity, 4. Level of poverty 5. Currency Devaluation among others. While the human rights record of Buhari has been a consideration for many based on its media publicity and promotion by the PDP campaign team, It never at anytime topped the priority list of most ordinary Nigerian voters over the main issues mentioned above. The top problem most southern Nigerians had with Buhari in this election prior to Feb 14 was not mostly about his human rights record, but mostly about his religious and ethnic bias.
2. The poll claimed “The PDP is starting to look strong while Jonathan’s management of the economy is being better understood and appreciated. A Jonathan’s win will see a continuation of his transformation agenda in the economy and all other sectors which has witnessed significant improvement under his watch.
While The PDP has become much more confident than it was before February 14, It is very biased or outright callous to state that Jonathan's management of the economy is now being appreciated by Nigerians. By who if i may ask? WHat did the so-called research group mean by a "continuation of transformation agenda" which many Nigerians clearly see as fraud or at best, a hype? Which areas exactly are the transformation taking place? Is it electricity improvement? Is it employment generation? Is it police reform? Is it corruption and indiscipline? is it government accountability? Recall that it is in Jonathan's government that people accused of corruption now get court injunctions to prevent you from even investigating the case. The major place in my opinion that Nigerians appreciate the Jonathan's government is the area of freedom of expression where he would beat Buhari till date, but using that as the main issue to judge this election is rather a misinformed priority. Nigerians have also seen a hyped transformation is the railway system rehabilitation, but, on a scale of 1 to 10, where would you place that on the priority list of Nigerians? In the Agriculture sector, yes that is a major score point of this government which cannot be taken away, yet it does not constitute the major issues bothering the 2015 election. Even the freedom of information act is at best a joke, what Nigerians can only see is freedom of expression to a large extent, but not the implementation of the freedom of information, nothing much has changed in that respect.
3. This so-called United Kingdom based research and political risk consultancy firm is only a figment of Imagination of the PDP. Just Google the company name and find out for yourself. The so-called company has no website, it has no known history of political research and consultancy business in the UK or any part of the world, the only time it was mentioned online again after this obviously fraudulent poll was in 2010 when it was said to have predicted a win at the Anambra Governorship election for Hon Uche Ekwunife, just 5 days to the election. Ref: http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/blog/ekwunife%E2%80%99s-profile-scares-opponents/
The last time this company was reported on the news by unpopular blogs in 2010, it was said that the company was based in Lagos. Now it is said to based in the UK, no address, no website, no known business or activity, yet it made headlines all over the Nigerian news media.
So my Question is, Why did this news make headlines all over the Nigerian Media? How low has journalism gone in Nigeria? For a company whose identity cannot be verified, for a poll which lacks credibility based on its substance in relation to the real issues bothering the 2015 general elections, how did this pass through screening on news media outlets?
You be the judge. I believe the mystery behind this fraudulent poll, just like the fraudulent Chatham House protest, will be unearthed in the following days to come. God Bless Nigeria
saharachic:
Seun needs to start sanitizing and verifying posts before they make home page. This should be on fp, coz it will be a shame if nairaland does not address this blatant deceit

See how an online poll has made all of you apprehensive, hope you guys will have the sufficient blood pressure that will sustain you when GEJ is declared Winner?
Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by Jesusloveyou: 8:11am On Mar 21, 2015
freeboy604:
Nothing concern us, because our ancestors has since returned Mr. President for the second time, I am sorry for some of you who do not understand that ancestors are far and more educated and see more than the living. President GEJ will not leave villa till 2019. Furthermore ; he will be the one to decide who takes over from him in 2019, OBJ knows this that why he is fight but his strength has since been overwhelmed by Mr. President GEJ.
u don't even know what u are saying.
Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 21, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
u don't even know what u are saying.

Ok. lets talk after the selection!
Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by Lucasbalo(m): 8:32am On Mar 21, 2015
The day of reckoning for GEJ and his fellow looters of the commonwealth is around the corner. A country so blessed by God but turned to perpetual third world due to mismanagement by countless leaders. It's time for a renewal. 16 years of PDP has brought nothing but nightmares to Nigerians. GEJ won't be elected an Alderman ( council man ) in Chitown . He is over his head. Four more years of GEJ at the helm will be unrepearable. Time for a change for the better.

1 Like

Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by TheOtherview: 9:24am On Mar 21, 2015
socialmediaman, not surprisingly, this particular thread will never be allowed to gain the traction required.
Re: Busted! The "Fake" Poll That Predicted GEJ As Winner In The Election? by emiye(m): 9:35am On Mar 21, 2015
A Fraudulent Poll.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphic Photos: Nigerians Under Fire In South Africa / Why Can't The Nigerian Government Give Each Family 1 Million Naira? / Buhari Names INEC Chairman, Five Commissioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.