Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 (23209 Views)

Why NCC Asked Big Operators To Raise Data Tariffs / Why NCC Directed Big Telcos To Increase Data Tariffs – official / Spectranet Increases Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by Mutuwa(m): 7:50am On Mar 21, 2015
The craze for GSM then..
When it was rumoured that *555*1 the N1 belonged to obj..

1 Like

Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by opelipoas: 7:51am On Mar 21, 2015
MTN cheat
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by MaLAdyy(f): 7:51am On Mar 21, 2015
e don tey wey emutyhen don dey steal
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by eightsin(m): 7:51am On Mar 21, 2015
Front page tinz
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by Brugo(m): 7:51am On Mar 21, 2015
xreal:
GLO made MTN reduce its charges, just as
APC is making pdp to battle Bokoharam( after 6 years) .

Competition is good.

Well said.
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 21, 2015
alberto2k:
Then peepz always have their hands on the Red botton. grin

And the painful part is, your airtime expires after 7days cry

murrafvckin empty Hen... Rocking 8gig for free, thanks to infinix grin

Abeg u fit help me with infinix imei number? What will i send to get the data from mtn?
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 21, 2015
Thanks for glo oo

money taking network stole our money oo. Awon ole
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by spaggyy(m): 7:57am On Mar 21, 2015
na PDP dey mastermind the whole the whole thing....they ve got a share from mtn
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by PastorKun(m): 8:08am On Mar 21, 2015
luigiajah:

That was really costly

http:///aFr

The tarrifs quoted there are for contract lines and not pay as you go packages. MTN started out charging N50 per minute.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by CollinsSam(m): 8:09am On Mar 21, 2015
Tallesty1:
That time broke guys can call you and ask you about everything in 30secs.

Hey pal, how are you? How is mom? How is business? How is your wife and family? I hope they are fine, I heard there was a fight in your area so I called to check on you. Thank God you are fine, bye.

Without waiting for the receiver to say anything.

Every caller then sounded like s/he was on a hot seat.
Hahahhahahahahahahah wink
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 21, 2015
MaLAdyy:
e don tey wey emutyhen don dey steal

Yes, they are professional robbers.
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by Eonuegbu25: 8:15am On Mar 21, 2015
Ogbeni o
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by whillyamz98(m): 8:17am On Mar 21, 2015
Mehn... Mtn na wa oo. Thank God for competition if not Mtn would have monopolized us.
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 21, 2015
blame NCC.

then again, the fg may have turned a blind eye to ensure that the market grew. without profits like that no one may have wanted to take the risk with nigeria
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by hope4nigeria(m): 8:20am On Mar 21, 2015
Tallesty1:

Hey pal, how are you? How is mom? How is business? How is your wife and family? I hope they are fine, I heard there was a fight in your area so I called to check on you. Thank God you are fine, bye.

MTN were professional 419 then,if you manage ur credits that time,it makes No difference because NTN will disconect it if you fail to use within 1week.and it was dangerous to flash then cos MTN Automaticaly place you on per min tariff left you with No option than a must 60sec cost 50/min. Thanks to Glo who came to our rescue. MTN would'v deny common man a basic comunication system.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by hope4nigeria(m): 8:21am On Mar 21, 2015
Tallesty1:

MTN were professional 419 then,if you manage ur credits that time,it makes No difference because NTN will disconect it if you fail to use within 1week.and it was dangerous to flash then cos MTN Automaticaly place you on per min tariff left you with No option than a must 60sec cost 50/min. Thanks to Glo who came to our rescue. MTN would'v deny common man a basic comunication system. EMPTY HEN is a fraud in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by okenwa101(m): 8:22am On Mar 21, 2015
xreal:
APC is making pdp to battle Bokoharam( after 6 years) .

Competition is good.

ASK yourself, is APC up to 2 yrs old were they not part of the PDP that spoiled naija.

u mess for a room but enter a fresh room and think U are smart, no matter how long U pretend to hold it U will still mess again simple

APC corruption > PDP corruption
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by amtalkin(f): 8:25am On Mar 21, 2015
Tallesty1:

Abeg are a comedian ?
After reading Thorns In My Boot by DOMAWOLEYE
An emotional story....I cry no be small
Jux got my first laugh 4 d day.
Thanks
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by Xaintkelvin(m): 8:36am On Mar 21, 2015
when I call my dad using a payphone he always tell me go straight to the point no greeting if I greet no be small quarrel
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by anonimi: 8:36am On Mar 21, 2015
Progress is a steady evolution, not a big bang revolution that subsequently goes to rot!
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by anonimi: 8:40am On Mar 21, 2015
xreal:
APC is making pdp to battle Bokoharam( after 6 years).

Competition is good.

You made an almost perfect post until you IGNORANTLY added the highlighted sentence.
Yes, ignorant because you are obviously, like so many other UNIFORMED and misinformed fellow citizens, unaware or simply chose to forget the trajectory of our dedicated soldiers and federal administration's fight against Boko Haram since 2009,

Sign agreement on no more killings, I will withdraw JTF, Jonathan to Borno elders
March 09, 2013

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan yesterday in Maiduguri, accused Borno State Elders of playing to the gallary over the activities of Boko Haram Islamic sect insurgency in the state, describing the situation as unfortunate.

Jonathan spoke during an interactive session with Borno State stakeholders at the Multi-Purpose Hall, Government House Maiduguri, in continuation of his two- day working visit to Borno and Yobe States, the epicentres of Boko Haram.

He was responding to requests by the Elders for the Federal Government to grant amnesty to the sect members as well as withdraw the military Joint Task Force, JTF from Maiduguri and other areas in the state during the second day of his working visit to Borno State..

President Jonathan lamented that none of the elders in the state had publicly condemned the killings and bombings being carried out by the sect members and advised them to put their ‘’house in order,’’ by talking to their children who had been causing havoc in the country to drop their arms against the country.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/sign-agreement-on-no-more-killings-i-will-withdraw-jtf-jonathan-to-borno-elders/#sthash.0kJT6aMl.dpuf

Buhari faults crackdown on Boko Haram
JUNE 3, 2013

Presidential candidate for the Congress for Progressive Change in the 2011 Presidential election, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has frowned on the emergency rule in parts of the North. He alleged that innocent civilians were being killed in the states.

Buhari speaking during a Liberty FM Hausa Service Programme, Guest of the Week, on Sunday in Kaduna said that Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses demolished unlike the “special treatment” given to the Niger Delta militants by the Federal Government.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/joining-apc-not-about-2015-presidency-buhari/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2035028_buhari_jpeg124530d5bd433c751b175a8e21349689

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2193460_buharifaultsbokoclampdown_jpega413ed39790bd6df7c30d3a27da2352c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2197070_stopkillingbokoharammembers2_jpeg5f078169b2de9f9501c7a9bbf6933c41
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by bamite(m): 8:47am On Mar 21, 2015
alberto2k:
Then peepz always have their hands on the Red botton. grin

And the painful part is, your airtime expires after 7days cry

murrafvckin empty Hen... Rocking 8gig for free, thanks to infinix grin
bruh pls how are u doin it? I'm also using infinix
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by Warlord3000(m): 8:52am On Mar 21, 2015
MTN really bled Nigerians... cheesy

Dem come turn everybody to rapper wey dey speak fast... smiley
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by caprini1: 8:57am On Mar 21, 2015
We didn't really complain much,because telephone usage was horrific ,I used move out of our house,cross to the next street,and move up the stairs to the 3rd floor to have two bars of reception on my brothers 090....mobile phone....then our land line is always tapped by some area boys and its always fight with nitel officials to reconnect us and all that for bills we didn't use,,and to pay bills can be something else,you will queue forever at Nitel.
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by alberto2k(m): 8:58am On Mar 21, 2015
searching4love:

Abeg u fit help me with infinix imei number? What will i send to get the data from mtn?
Try checking gurusloaded.com you'll find the procedures there
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by alberto2k(m): 9:00am On Mar 21, 2015
bamite:
bruh pls how are u doin it? I'm also using infinix
The latest infinixhot note I think, twerk the imei and check for the msg command to send online on gurusloaded.com
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by unite4real: 9:01am On Mar 21, 2015
okenwa101:

ASK yourself, is APC up to 2 yrs old were they not part of the PDP that spoiled naija.

u mess for a room but enter a fresh room and think U are smart, no matter how long U pretend to hold it U will still mess again simple

APC corruption > PDP corruption

U lie. Competition is good. Apc has woken pdp to work. Electricity tariff reduction, boko haram bombardment, compensation to immigration jobs victims, reduction in pump price, approval of national conference report and so much more, all within a short period.
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by focus7: 9:05am On Mar 21, 2015
nanauju:
As long as it's MTN, no much difference between then and now
there's much difference now. Now we have varieties of options, am on a package where I enjoys tremendous bonus at every recharge and plus that my call cost to any network is 1kobo/sec amounting to 6naira/min, no extra charge for the first one minute call.
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by U2ice(m): 9:24am On Mar 21, 2015
Lolz...I rem I make calls wiv stop watch den cos de charge per min den...chai change is constant!
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by bamite(m): 9:29am On Mar 21, 2015
alberto2k:

The latest infinixhot note I think, twerk the imei and check for the msg command to send online on gurusloaded.com
i'm usin an infinix zero to be precise, can u still brk it down a bit so i can undstnd. Tanks bro
Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by jboixxx: 9:49am On Mar 21, 2015
PastorKun:

The tarrifs quoted there are for contract lines and not pay as you go packages. MTN started out charging N50 per minute.
You're right. They started with N50/min & N1500 with validity of 7days & later 5days validity for N750 with no rollover.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 by xreal: 9:57am On Mar 21, 2015
anonimi:

You made an almost perfect post until you IGNORANTLY added the highlighted sentence.
Yes, ignorant because you are obviously, like so many other UNIFORMED and misinformed fellow citizens, unaware or simply chose to forget the trajectory of our dedicated soldiers and federal administration's fight against Boko Haram since 2009,

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2035028_buhari_jpeg124530d5bd433c751b175a8e21349689

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2193460_buharifaultsbokoclampdown_jpega413ed39790bd6df7c30d3a27da2352c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2197070_stopkillingbokoharammembers2_jpeg5f078169b2de9f9501c7a9bbf6933c41

I will score you an 'A' in Historical Research.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Show your Phone / How To Register And Activate Gtbank Mobile Money Without Going To The Bank / The Truth About Mtn's Awuf4u Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.