Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,231 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO (21813 Views)

Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? / Magic Or Skill: See A Yoruba Man In Action / 0027603694520 Zizinga Noorani Magic Ring Of Wonders Money Spell Psychic In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by emonye6(m): 10:41am On Mar 21, 2015
Over 70% of nollywood actors and actress are igbos,so igbos still ruling. Everywhere

2 Likes

Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by freshdude99(m): 10:41am On Mar 21, 2015
curiouses:
The station isn't going anywhere. They have no materials to sustain it.
Are u a crymultichoice feasibility engineer?

1 Like

Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by focus7: 10:43am On Mar 21, 2015
Bonapart:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked..... foreigner spotted. You know nothing about my country bruh
lol, you might be right bruv. Please tell me where's your country? I guess biafra.
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by Descartes: 10:44am On Mar 21, 2015
cheruv:
this is good news! cheesy
the next thing now is to ensure that all nollywood English movies are subtitled in Igbo.. that way we would control both the English and Igbo aspects of nollywood grin
Nekwa gi nee Ñdiöfemmañu. Unu ga-egbu mmadu o gringrin

2 Likes

Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by curiouses: 10:45am On Mar 21, 2015
freshdude99:

You don't need to be one to know that the station is bound to faze out in no time.
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by Descartes: 10:47am On Mar 21, 2015
freshdude99:

Nwanne m , rapu önye òfemmanù ka onwu n'iwe na onuma. They are always afront mastùrbating on every matter pertaining to the progress of Ndigbo with outright jealousy.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:50am On Mar 21, 2015
njays24:
Saving the best for the last I guess. Thumbs up DSTV!
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 21, 2015
that's good news.
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:59am On Mar 21, 2015
unite4real:
Sadly, we will begin to watch igbo movies with the actors swinging between speaking igbo and English. They won't maintain just the igbo language. That's why dstv had not welcomed them since.
Which Igbo movie have you seen with such mix up?

1 Like

Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by Ikwokrikwo: 11:01am On Mar 21, 2015
curiouses:

Hausas have materials to sustain their station. Igbos don't.
Theft are quite a number of Igbo language movies out there already, you just don't know. This station will help give them more coverage and encourage more production. You aren't wiser than the seasoned business people who made this decision.
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by Johnolis(m): 11:04am On Mar 21, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
grin E speakilekwe
Maka confusion.
Hehehe, you must have watched that igbo movie "Nkoli nwa nsukka". Am currently in the season 8.
Some few months back, I had nothing to do with nollywood because I like action thrillers and block burster Hollywood movies, until I came back one day and saw the whole family seriously engrossed in a movie, out of curiosity and saw it was a Nigerian movie. I silently went to my room., but kept on hearing laughter after laughter from the living room. My curiosity grew and I decided to give the movie a trial, lo and behold, the movie was superb and worth the time spent on it. That's how I got hoodwinked into igbo movies. I saw many other igbo movies during the advert session which are also a must watch for me. I guess dstv must have seen these movies for them to finally arrive at this decision. Sincerely, am proud of being nwa afo igbo, we have the talent to take over the world. In Igbowood I believe.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by Bonapart(m): 11:05am On Mar 21, 2015
focus7:
lol, you might be right bruv. Please tell me where's your country? I guess biafra.
lol..... my country is the giant of Africa, freedom is biafra

1 Like

Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by Bonapart(m): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2015
Awoofawo:

Fallacy of the Fallacy in 36 degree third!

funny..... Nigeria will never accept the truth even when it's in them..... am not suprise at all

2 Likes

Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by odumchi: 11:19am On Mar 21, 2015
O nwere ajuju nnaa m si m ajuo: nde gi wefuta channel kena, ndigh otu we g'isite emefuta hwe ohuru we g'izi la e? Odo kwa buru la o gi ibu hwe nwute nhiri nne ma we jiri "Igbo Khaki" la "Engligbo" mebichaa e maka la udiri hwena nji alafu ugwu diiri okwu Igbo.

1 Like

Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by Tinyemeka(m): 11:20am On Mar 21, 2015
olojuede01:
Really. . HOW MANY IGBO MOVIES DEY
Typical.

Have you ever seen the Niger bridge with your eyes before?
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by iGeneral: 11:21am On Mar 21, 2015
Then our brothers can stop whining. Wait, they may start complaining about the quality of audio of the igbo channels soon.
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by hoobs(m): 11:21am On Mar 21, 2015
emonye6:
Over 70% of nollywood actors and actress are igbos,so igbos still ruling. Everywhere
u mean 90%
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by Setaje(f): 11:22am On Mar 21, 2015
This movies don't have content. The English movies are d same wiv no content. If the same people are acting ethnic movie, there won't be content nor quality. So it doesn't change anything. Still tried watching English movie yesterday and the concept hasn't changed. Learn a thing or two from yoruba movies. Very good story lines apart from the juju aspect.

1 Like

Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by kodlins(f): 11:28am On Mar 21, 2015
He is so PDP only calling out Igbo movies
frankmishael1:
speak English
support Gej
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 21, 2015
kodlins:
He is so PDP only calling out Igbo movies
OK dear
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:31am On Mar 21, 2015
odumchi:
O nwere ajuju nnaa m si m ajuo: nde gi wefuta channel kena, ndigh otu we g'isite emefuta hwe ohuru we g'izi la e? Odo kwa buru la o gi ibu hwe nwute nhiri nne ma we jiri "Igbo Khaki" la "Engligbo" mebichaa e maka la udiri hwena nji alafu ugwu diiri okwu Igbo.

is it that you can't write central Igbo or what?

4 Likes

Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 21, 2015
Yes bro I watched it and am happy, I watched movie last 2005 when I was in the university, just last dec I went to Onicha to meet my would be wife, while coming back to lagos the movie was played, OYOM I was just impressed and laughing all through.
Johnolis:

Maka confusion.
Hehehe, you must have watched that igbo movie "Nkoli nwa nsukka". Am currently in the season 8.
Some few months back, I had nothing to do with nollywood because I like action thrillers and block burster Hollywood movies, until I came back one day and saw the whole family seriously engrossed in a movie, out of curiosity and saw it was a Nigerian movie. I silently went to my room., but kept on hearing laughter after laughter from the living room. My curiosity grew and I decided to give the movie a trial, lo and behold, the movie was superb and worth the time spent on it. That's how I got hoodwinked into igbo movies. I saw many other igbo movies during the advert session which are also a must watch for me. I guess dstv must have seen these movies for them to finally arrive at this decision. Sincerely, am proud of being nwa afo igbo, we have the talent to take over the world. In Igbowood I believe.
OYOM E speakilekwe
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:32am On Mar 21, 2015
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by mikeczay: 11:36am On Mar 21, 2015
Amaechi5:
I see some South West aren't happy with this hahahahaha
these 'South West' have created many achievents including this forum u dat u cant live a day without while your kinsmen are happy they got a channel in on a southafrican network
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by kaeycea(m): 11:36am On Mar 21, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

is it that you can't write central Igbo or what?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by Richiez(m): 11:36am On Mar 21, 2015
Chi anyi no nso
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by luckyboss(m): 11:37am On Mar 21, 2015
curiouses:

Not money. In terms of materials - movies.
okay..
But before a child will ask of what killed his father he is either prepared or backed up with higher powers than what killed his father..
so in all ramifications we are prepared.

1 Like

Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by Johnolis(m): 11:40am On Mar 21, 2015
cheesy cheesy grin
For those asking if there are igbo movies, I want to humbly inform you guys that Igbowood are currently producing high quality season films with very rich content. I am currently in season 8 of this movie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by chiimdee: 11:42am On Mar 21, 2015
Plss where r dose that said igbo language is going into extinction? ..................no hands?
I tot so
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 21, 2015
curiouses:
The station isn't going anywhere. They have no materials to sustain it.
bad belle
Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by odumchi: 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
Johnolis:
cheesy cheesy grin
For those asking if there are igbo movies, I want to humbly inform you guys that Igbowood are currently producing high quality season films with very rich content. I am currently in season 8 of this movie.

I don't know if I can necessarily agree with the bolded. I was a bit optimistic when Ada Mbano was released, but then after Ada Abakaliki and now Nkoli Nwa Nsuka, I've realized that all of these films fundamentally share the same plot (a village girl, goes to town, gets married, comedy etc.) and quite frankly it's very disappointing.

Personally, I don't like the general direction in which today's Igbo movies are headed. I don't know if the problem stems from a lack of good directors and writers, or a lack of serious actors, or both, but I feel like few of today's movies (this goes for all Nigerian films in general) are really worth the 2 hours or so they take to watch.

Our films of nowadays are mostly about with childish comedy, marriage, or other trivial issues. Gone are the days when films had serious, intricate plots that would have you gripped on the edge of your seat. Gone are the days when Nigerian films explored serious life problems, or used the magic of actors like Nkem Owoh and Sam Loco to bring thoughtful and well-constructed humor into our lives. Nowadays we have comedians posing as actors and our films have degenerated to child's play.

I really wish films of the quality of Taboo, Nneka The Pretty Serpent, Rituals, Okochi, and many other titles would make a come back into Igbowood. I think I speak for the majority of Nde Igbo when I say I'm tired of watching these so-called Igbo actors playing around in front of the camera while spewing their half-baked Engligbo. I am glad that there has been a revival in the production of Igbo movies, nonetheless, I just hope we can return to that high standard of quality.

6 Likes

Re: M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO by ohereiyi: 12:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
@olujede01 or whatever you call yourself....They are many Igbo movies out there and many more coming out.
If you are angry with the Igbo station coming on stream....go and hug transformer..Ewu gambia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saadu Haliru: Emir Of Lafiagi Is Dead / Incredible MAN Of Africa / Buhari; Ndigbo Nile Biko Bianu O.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.