Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

My "Marriage" Plan - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My "Marriage" Plan (3725 Views)

How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant / My Marriage On The Brink Of Crashing, Experienced People Needed Now. / Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My "Marriage" Plan by 400billionman: 12:23pm On Mar 22, 2015
ImBae:
Infidelity all over the place, these men can't put their thing in one place, always chasing after one girl or the other after marriage. Our dear Nigerian society will always blame the woman- its because she's not doing enough; if her husband cheats, its her fault ( I even listened to a radio programme where this was emphasized) I understand that some women are so crazy that they drive their husbands away, but how many cases of such do we have?

I focus on males here simply because I'm a female. I am not implying that only men cheat. My point here is that marriages don't work, so why bother?

Why bother? In my society, everyone carries marriage on their head. They see a woman in her thirties and pity her because she's not married, they may even blame witches and wizards. It does not matter if you remained single by choice, they will still pray for you. I heard my dad mutter a prayer for our unmarried family friend "God please provide a husband for ....". Now I'm more concerned about my parents than I am about the society. I'm totally fine being single considering all the stress that comes with marriage regardless of what people think. I am however the first and only daughter in my family. When I tell someone of my intention to remain single, they reply with "your mom will kill you".

I know that will probably happen, so to make "everyone" happy, here's the plan

I'll look for a guy with all the qualities I want.
He must be intelligent, this comes before good looks. Good looks! This is important, aint nobody gon be making ugly babies. He must be Well to do- money. He must be well behaved and most importantly he must not be interested in marriage as well.

Now I don't care if he womanizes or nah, Cos we won't be in a real relationship. We'll be married just to shut everybody up, he's just going to be my house mate and baby daddy. No sex involved, that would bring unwanted emotions and "we" don't want that. We'll make babies through artificial insemination and we'll live happily ever after. Perfect right? No?

Cons:
Can't see any

Pros:
*No fights (at least not like in real marriages)
*I don't have to worry about him cheating, he can but that's none of my business.
*i can be as rich as I want, don't have to worry about a husband feeling inferior
*im as good as independent grin grin grin grin

Village girl..
Re: My "Marriage" Plan by Zither(m): 1:05pm On Mar 22, 2015
ImBae, I understand you are hurt, betrayed and victimised by dudes peddling false love. That's life, ImBae, that's life. Many have it rosy and many don't.

Concerning your plan, half of the effort and time you'll invest in building a false marriage with muddy bricks will be more than enough to build a real marriage with strong bricks, a real shelter for you and your kids and husband, not one that easily collapses at a touch leaving you and your kids vulnerable to the harsh elements of life.

It's your life anyway but if you knew that the $50 you planned to use to purchase a wooden chair at A is twice more than enough to purchase a complete set of furniture that oozes comfort at X so that the wooden chair looks pale in comparison to the latter, what would you do?

No, I'm not selling the idea of marriage to you cos everyone has their life to live. If you want to remain single all your life, that's as fine as getting married. Both are not without pros and cons. However, by now you should know my point - half of the effort you plan in building a home with shaky foundation is more than enough in building one with firm and solid foundation, one that will last unlike the former.

Gudluck to you in your love life and know that there are very faithful men out there. Don't judge the apple tree by one or two rotten fallen apples you happen to come across.
Re: My "Marriage" Plan by cococandy(f): 2:03pm On Mar 22, 2015
ImBae:

Falling in love is all nice and sweet. Finding the right person is the problem. Men have short attention span, today they are in love with you, tomorrow they are chasing after someone else. Not willing to take the risk again, heartbreak isn't fun.

Yea I know. Frustrating right?
But believe me not all of them have roving eyes.
I've been with both types and I defintitely know.

The more mature that one is, the better the chance that you won't have to deal with his wild-oat-sowing stage. Maybe lipsrsealed
But that is not a definite cheat-proof technique.

By the way it is ok for you to not want to get married. No pressure.
Just that I believe you will find someone and lose that stance. I can almost count on it cheesy
Re: My "Marriage" Plan by charles316: 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
Op, this your plan is weird. Its never too late . what were you doing from age 20 to your present age?. Una women no dey hear word. The worst thing is that you are blaming the men for cheating. Why won't men cheat when all you girls can give men = tokunbo pus$!es.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Your Spouse Confides In You That He Stole #100m From The Govt, Your Advice? / FREE!!! Can We Talk About Everything About Bar Soap? / Pls My Neighbor Needs Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.