Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,155 members, 7,807,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 (29149 Views)

Buhari Will Support My Probe Of Amaechi’s Corrupt Practices - Wike / Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices Since 2011 / Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by Kenai: 10:16am On Mar 21, 2015
This writer put Governor Rochas Okorocha on big-time BLAST!

But most interesting is the fact that MANY Imo residents can attest to these issues raised, regardless of party affiliation.

Just a simple visit would lay your doubts to rest.
Carefully read the issues listed out and tell us if tgere's any you can honestly debunk.

MANY REASONS WHY EMPEROR ROCHAS MUST NOT BE RE-ELECTED
By I. Iwuoha

This is Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha's score card. There are still a lot of areas where he has failed woefully, but below are the few I can remember for now:

1. Owing of retired staff of Imo Broadcasting Corporation more than 42 months arrears of pensions and gratuities and retired primary school teachers more than 12 months of pensions.

2. Owing of more than 8 months arrears of salaries to staff of General Hospitals and Imo Transport Company Illegal Dissolution of Elected Local Government Councils.

3. Legalized abortion in Imo State

4. Illegal Suspension/Retirement of Permanent Secretaries and public Servants.

5. Demolition of Houses in Owerri, Orlu, Okigwe, Anara, Amaraku etc without due process and compensations to victims of demolition.

6. Illegal Revocation of Plots of Lands allotted to persons without due process.

7. Illegal trespass into Area ‘K’ Land belonging to Amawom Owerri people when the matter is still in court.

[size=13pt]8. Illegal acquisition/revocation and trespass to land belonging to Umuguma and Naze people in Owerri.[/size]

9. Illegal Dissolution of Town Unions in all the Autonomous Communities in Imo State as against the provision of the Nigerian Constitution, the Companies and Allied Matters Act and the Imo state laws on town unions,

[size=13pt]10. Use of state fund and land to build private university at the Governor’s home town pretending to relocate Imo State University to the site[/size]

11. At the inception of the administration, Governor Okorocha told the whole world that he had ceded the state legislative quarters to Concorde Hotel Owerri and named it Concorde Extension. Later, he renamed the place Luxury Apartment and leased it to the wife of his former Special Adviser on Project Monitoring and strong political associate, Mrs. Macdonald Akano for many years.

[size=13pt]12. Sale of ADAPALM to Roche Group, Imo Transport Company (I.T.C.), Concorde Hotel, Children’s Park (opposite Concorde Hotel Owerri), state General Hospitals etc for many years.[/size]

13. Sale of Imo Road Maintenance Agency (IROMA) graders, bulldozers, pay-loaders etc and appropriating same to yet-to-be accounted source.

14. Alleged auction of world-class Printing and Sword Machines worth over 200 million naira (acquired during Mbakwe Administration) belonging to Imo Newspapers to the governor’s private printing press in Lagos.

15. Borrowing of many Billions of Naira from banks and denying that no money was borrowed.

[size=14pt]16. Reduction of admission quota for Imo Indigenes in Imo State University and Imo State Polytechnics (IMSU) to 30%. Tactically increased school fees of Imo Indigenes in IMSU from =N=30,000 to =N=120,000[/size]

17. Use of state fund to sponsor daily advertorials, propaganda, world press briefings and slanted news stories in the media for presidential contest.

18. Illegal sack of Education Secretaries in Imo State.

[size=15pt]19. Misappropriation of Funds meant for local government councils and the Imo State Oil Producing Area Development Commission (ISOPADEC).[/size]

20. Owing ‘Youth Must Work’ teachers employed in November 2013 more than 5 months areas of allowances.

21. Refusal to pay severance packages to political appointees who served the Okorocha Government.

22. Refusal to Pay Rescue Mission Community Speakers and Government Liaison Officers monthly allowances.

23. Illegal suspension of Traditional Rulers of the 106 Autonomous Communities created by the Ohakim administration but later approved staff of office to more than 103 new traditional rulers.

24. Stoppage of overtime allowance to public servants.

25. Refusal to pay minimum wage to Judiciary workers.

[size=14pt]26. Cajole of Government Contractors into borrowing money to do government projects and refusing to formalize and pay for the contracts done.

27. Abandonment of city-gate projects in Owerri and refusal to pay contractors who are doing the job.[/size]

28. Refusal to Pay April and May 2011 Salaries, Severance benefits and other statutory entitlements to Ex-Governor Ikedi Ohakim, his Deputy Dr. Ada Okwuonu, former State Legislatures and Government Appointees who served between 2007 and 2011.

29. Creation of unconstitutional four-tier government in utter disregard to the three-tier government recognized by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

[size=14pt]30. Declaration of Public Holidays to celebrate Governor’s birthday and personal programmes.[/size]

31. Appropriation of state fund without recourse to budgetary provision.

32. Allocation of land meant for New Government House Complex in New Owerri to the Governor’s wife and associates as against the provision of the Owerri Master plan.

33. Refusal to refund the sum of =N=5,000 being fees collected from aspirants to the 2012 cancelled Community Governing Council election.

34. Appropriation of State fund without recourse to budgetary provision.

35. Sack of beneficiaries of the Ten Thousand (10,000) Job Scheme without regard to the Imo State Public/Civil Service Rules

36. Illegal proscription of Local Government Development Areas Councils

37. Illegal deduction of salaries of civil servants for government Identity cards

[size=15pt]38. Falsely blackmailed former deputy Jude Agbaso of fraud knowing full well that he was innocent. Set him up and sponsored his impeachment[/size]

39. Governor Okorocha broke alliance with APGA, President Jonathan, Senator Chris Anyanwu, Chief Martin Agbaso, Chief Achike Udenwa, Senator Hope Uzodinma and many who contributed to his campaign that gave him the first election victory in his life in 2011

40. The administration luntly refused to Pay Severance Allowance and Other Entitlements to Chairmen and Councilors who served during Udenwa Period (Promised to Pay them During 2011 Election Campaign To Pay Them)

41. Sale of all General Hospitals in Imo State to the Governor’s friends from Northern Nigerian.

42. Malicious transfer of the Chairman of the Nigeria Union of Journalists Imo State Chapter to Abia State office of I.B.C. in Aba so as a reprisal for the NUJ Chairman’s condemnation of illegality that happened in the Okorocha’s Government.

43. At the inception of the Okorocha Administration, Governor Okorocha declared publicly that he was not going to receive any salary as a governor. In one of the Imo State Executive Council meetings held towards the end of 2012, he directed his Principal Secretary to remit all his arrears of salaries to a foundation run by his wife claiming to donate them to the less privilege.

[size=15pt]44. During the time of Ohakim Administration, the Security Vote for a Governor was around =N=2 billion. (See 2010 budget of Imo State). But at the inception of the Okorocha Administration, Governor Okorocha lied that the Security Vote of the Governor was =N=6 billion but that he was going to take only half of the vote which is =N=3 billion. What this implies is that Governor Okorocha tactically increased his Security Vote by =N=1 billion while claiming to cut it down.

45. Importation of school materials from an unknown company abroad while our artisans wallow in abject poverty. Importation done without Executive Council approval, due process, budgetary provision.[/size]

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/21989-many-reasons-why-emperor-rochas-okorocha-cannot-be-re-elected-iwuala

27 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by valicious1(m): 10:40am On Mar 21, 2015
patiently waiting for any f00l that would come to counter these already established facts and evil deeds of rochas okorocha! I had a similar thread on this

www.nairaland.com/1938681/exclusive-114-reasons-why-rochas

I want to use this medium to call and plead on the good people of imo state to join hands together and vote out this confused and evil-minded destructionist rochas okorocha come april. Let's go through the fine manifestos of capt ihenacho and Rt. Hon emeka Ihedioha and choose between these two the ones that best deserve our votes.

Rochas okorocha must go

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by OKKO(m): 10:46am On Mar 21, 2015
OP, you did not add that APC gubanatorial primary election did not hold in Imo state.

I pity IMO people and their APC government of scam.

Okorocha had a good intention initially until he joined the "opposition". Imagine a comfortable incumbent governor moving over to the opposition, what are you opposing in the first instance? Why not sit down and develop IMO as you were elected to do.

He lacks core administrative acumen. He is over ambitious (like to run for presidency and governor at same time). Quite exuberant, jack of all trade master of non. Many initiatives no successful policy, no real development, "China type" infrastructures, propagandaist, very erratic...Let him go to Enugu and ask Mr. S.I. Chime how to do the work and talk less.

I visited IMO last 2 weeks, the so called general hospitals built; shown all over local and foreign TV stations was scam and wickedness. A building front view is already completed with wall tiles, painting, fine doors, windows etc but the back remain empty, save only rough pillars from bottom to up, no single brick. Just to pose to cameras - the kind of government of Chimaroke Nnamani (Enugu; 1999-2007) when OBJ came and commission Parklane (ESUTH) teaching hospital in this form and when back to Abuja rejoicing.

If it is the kind of government APC has in SE and SS they want to offer me, let them keep the change. Who is more cruel than these governors (Adams, Rochas, Amaechi) in terms of staff and civil servants welfare including NYSC members in their state (while Enugu pays NYSC 10K monthly, these state pays literally nothing). Still they boast to have something for the youths (job). Especially the former, who was a labour leader. All these are NDDC states with relatively higher allocation to spend. Look at their dept profile.

It is this bad, now that they are trying to appease us so that they can take power at the centre. What happens when they finally succeed.

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 21, 2015
Sorry, I'm voting for Buhari, not Rochas!

By the way, we've made up our minds!

Buhari till FFK and Fayose finish their tenure at Kiri Kiri.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by Bonapart(m): 11:28am On Mar 21, 2015
If this is true then why am i always hearing people chanting his name as one of the best governor in Nigeria...
Proudly igbo(Imo-boy)

15 Likes

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by okon11: 11:28am On Mar 21, 2015
So their are no saints in Nigeria politics I used to think Rochas was one of the good ones now i know better

PDP Asks Buhari to Clarify Role in Massacre of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians
SOURCE: [url=/f0B]http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/political-news/item/4093-pdp-asks-buhari-to-clarify-role-in-massacre-of-300-igbo-soldiers-civilians[/url]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by CaptainAmerica1: 11:29am On Mar 21, 2015
All I see is the pain of a bad belle journalist undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by justdivine: 11:29am On Mar 21, 2015
Yes
Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by Firefire(m): 11:30am On Mar 21, 2015
This wind of APC fraud is moving and being exported from South-West to South-South, now sported in South-East!

What a manner of 'CHANGE' is this

Nigerians, behold the type of bastardize 'CHANGE' APC is singing.

Do not be deceived!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by cold(m): 11:31am On Mar 21, 2015
How is legalising abortion a crime?

6 Likes

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by Samirana360(m): 11:31am On Mar 21, 2015
To show how corrupt we ar...upon all these(whether true or propaganda), okorocha is stil one of d best governors in nigeria...take it or leave!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:31am On Mar 21, 2015
Imo state really need the change APC members have been shouting since time 90BC

3 Likes

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 21, 2015
Tell them.
Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by sokotoburundi(m): 11:32am On Mar 21, 2015
weytin concern me? Sheybi na dem Igbos e suppose concern, btw i heard he will be future biafra president.
Is biafra not a white elephant project? What a perfect match?

1 Like

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 21, 2015
k
Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by Blackchampion(m): 11:33am On Mar 21, 2015

8 Likes

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 21, 2015
Lol, dis man na real Ibo man
Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by kingstylo01(m): 11:34am On Mar 21, 2015
From the above list, i can tell that he is owing lots of money..

Am not for or against Rochas, buh lets be frank here. This is politics and it's almost impossible for you to see a regime (at any level, presidential or gubanitorial) thats has never embezzled money in one way or the other.

Only during campain will the promise us heaven, earth, and even jupiter!

In a nutshell, our politicians should be judged according to what they have done for the state...

Even if buhari becomes president, him go still chop joor! directly or indirectly, mostly, codedly (hides under ugwu tree from the stones buhari supporters will throw at me grin )

6 Likes

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:35am On Mar 21, 2015
Is that all? Mtscheeew!

Rochas for another term! No vacancy at Douglas house.

11 Likes

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by centmichael101(m): 11:35am On Mar 21, 2015
The man just dey fruad IMO,

5 Likes

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by Arsenella007(f): 11:35am On Mar 21, 2015
Jesu!! No wonder Obasanjo said to imo people, I gave you people small theif but una go carry armed robber.. I repeat Rochas is indeed fraud personified.. Imo Don finish oo. Imo people make una vote the wayo man out

16 Likes

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by That2: 11:35am On Mar 21, 2015
Chai! This one na Tinubu of Imo...

OKKO:
OP, you did not add that APC gubanatorial primary election did not hold in Imo state.

I pity IMO people and their APC government of scam.

Okorocha had a good intention initially until he joined the "opposition". Imagine a comfortable incumbent governor moving over to the opposition, what are you opposing in the first instance? Why not sit down and develop IMO as you were elected to do.

He lacks core administrative acumen. He is over ambitious (like to run for presidency and governor at same time). Quite exuberant, jack of all trade master of non. Many initiatives no successful policy, no real development, "China type" infrastructures, propagandaist, very erratic...Let him go to Enugu and ask Mr. S.I. Chime how to do the work and talk less.
He joined APC because of his dream of being a president. He knows PDP would never hand over power to Igbos. And you can't win any election without the support of at least two of the three major regions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by blym4real: 11:35am On Mar 21, 2015
Lamentation of a hater.

6 Likes

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by Arsenella007(f): 11:36am On Mar 21, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Is that all? Mtscheeew!

Rochas for another term! No vacancy at Douglas house.

You should be ashamed for defending such a crook..what about the ube projects he is flaunting like he is the one executing them??

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 21, 2015
44. During the time of Ohakim Administration, the Security Vote for a Governor was around =N=2 billion. (See 2010 budget of Imo State). But at the inception of the Okorocha Administration, Governor Okorocha lied that the Security Vote of the Governor was =N=6 billion but that he was going to take only half of the vote which is =N=3 billion. What this implies is that Governor Okorocha tactically increased his Security Vote by =N=1 billion while claiming to cut it down.
I am not from Imo neither do I live there. Somneone should please confirm the Security vote of Rochas. this is wickedness IF true

17 Likes

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 21, 2015
thank you Jesus Christ our God.
for choosing Gej

14 Likes

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by nevilbot: 11:37am On Mar 21, 2015
Most of the accusations are very true. I served in IMO state Owerri last year nysc and know dat Rocha's is one of d greatest scam gov in Nigeria. If APC had picked him for dia president, I would never have supported him.

Can u imagine him lying everyday on TV stations dat he was paying corp members 10k monthly wen we never received anything and d stat coord kept begging him to pay. He is a very dubious con artist who likes playing to d galleey

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by Arsenella007(f): 11:37am On Mar 21, 2015
barcanista:

Put mouth for this matter oo

1 Like

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 by onosprince(m): 11:37am On Mar 21, 2015
dsdsd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Kneels Down, Praises God (Photos) / Sanwo-olu Commissions Oba Sekumade Concrere Road In Ikorodu / Which Governorship Election Would Be The Most Interesting In 2019?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.