Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,036 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Dating In London Can Be Difficult - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating In London Can Be Difficult (16631 Views)

Why Is It Difficult For Ladies To Keep Their Virginity Till Marriage These Days? / Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill / My Friend's Wife Is Making Life Difficult For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating In London Can Be Difficult by Dalai: 10:50am On Mar 21, 2015
I am a 27 year old male living and working in London. Many of my friends back home in Nigeria are now married. I desire something as such as well, but the issue is that, it is pretty difficult - if not near impossible - to meet the type of person I will love to date and probably go on to settle down with, here in London. The type of person - career focused, family aware, strong Nigerian roots- but not stereotyped, religious- but not crazy about it, desires the basic fun things in life like travelling, salsa, adventure - is almost non-existing here in London. I do socialize a lot, and it drives me nuts that you only ever meet a Nigerian lady once in every 20 or 30 social outings. I know in the UK, there is a tendency for people to withdraw and live a convenient but antisocial 9-5 lifestyle. Which brings me to the crux of my entire rant, two questions for UK folks:

1) What is your experience with meeting and dating other Nigerians in the UK
2)How best does one improve his chances of meeting and dating other Nigerians in the UK
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by SAMBARRY: 10:54am On Mar 21, 2015
This poster sounds like coogar or Pickabeau grin grin

those are my prime suspects grin tongue

12 Likes

Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by coogar: 10:59am On Mar 21, 2015
Dalai:
I am a 27 years old male living and working in the London. Many of my friends back home in Nigeria are now married. I desire something as such as well, but the issue is that, it is pretty difficult - if not near impossible - to meet the type of person I will love to date and probably go on to settle down with, here in London. The type of person - career focused, family aware, strong Nigerian roots- but not stereotyped, religious- but not crazy about it, desires the basic fun things in life like travelling, salsa, adventure - is almost non-existing here in London. I do socialize a lot, and it drives me nuts that you only ever meet a Nigerian lady once in every 20 or 30 social outings. I know in the UK, there is a tendency for people to withdraw and live a convenient but antisocial 9-5 lifestyle. Which brings me to the crux of my entire rant, two questions for UK folks:

2)How best does one improve his chances of meeting and dating other Nigerians in the UK

which part of london do you dwell?
dating in london is the easiest activity i know although i agree you may not necessarily get what you require cos some of the available dates are damaged goods.

to meet & date nigerian chics....you would have to spread your tentacles. target social events. be open to your friends, colleagues & acquaintances. somebody usually knows someone that needs a boyfriend.

goodluck, bro....

SAMBARRY:

sambarry, repent....the kingdom of heaven is nigh.

4 Likes

Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by SAMBARRY: 11:06am On Mar 21, 2015
Confess. Is that not you . quoting yourself grin

Abeg I'm off for an owanmbe cheesy.

#logs out#
coogar:

dating in london is the easiest activity i know although i agree you may not necessarily get what you require cos some of the available dates are damaged goods.

to meet & date nigerian chics....you would have to spread your tentacles. target social events. be open to your friends, colleagues & acquaintances. somebody usually knows someone that needs a boyfriend.

goodluck, bro....

1 Like

Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by Dalai: 11:15am On Mar 21, 2015
coogar:

goodluck, bro....

cheers bro.

I live in the London suburbs but work in central. The problem i think i have is that my Nigerian circle of friends is pretty thin, and that is putting it mildly. Most of my friends are either current colleagues from work or friends of colleagues. I am looking into improving this going forward, but i am not too sure on the best way to go about things.

What are examples of some of the social events that you will recommend in this case? or how best can i go by finding them?
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by swaggzo(m): 11:16am On Mar 21, 2015
Dating here in Afghan can be extraordinarily difficult too! angry

5 Likes

Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by coogar: 11:25am On Mar 21, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Confess. Is that not you . quoting yourself grin

Abeg I'm off for an owanmbe cheesy.
#logs out#

one of these days, you would catch the ebola virus from your owambe outings.

glutton! grin

Dalai:

cheers bro.
I live in the London suburbs but work in central. The problem i think i have is that my Nigerian circle of friends is pretty thin, and that is putting it mildly. Most of my friends are either current colleagues from work or friends of colleagues. I am looking into improving this going forward, but i am not too sure on the best way to go about things.

start with the few friends you have.
there are small get-togethers every now & then. in another few months, there would be loads of BBQ parties - a lot of single chics tend to patrol this kind of events.

What are examples of some of the social events that you will recommend in this case? or how best can i go by finding them?

•wedding receptions
•churches
•general get-together parties
•family/friend link-up
•etc etc
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by SAMBARRY: 11:40am On Mar 21, 2015
Ebola is no longer in lagos meanwhile I am not going for food . I'm going there to catch my fun grin
coogar:

one of these days, you would catch the ebola virus from your owambe outings.

glutton! grin

start with the few friends you have.
there are small get-togethers every now & then. in another few months, there would be loads of BBQ parties - a lot of single chics tend to patrol this kind of events.

•wedding receptions
•churches
•general get-together parties
•family/friend link-up
•etc etc
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by coogar: 11:51am On Mar 21, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Ebola is no longer in lagos meanwhile I am not going for food . I'm going there to catch my fun grin

......or to catch a boyfriend. grin
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by SAMBARRY: 12:01pm On Mar 21, 2015
coogar:

......or to catch a boyfriend. grin
since you don't understand English I'll be right back grin

this is what I do at owanmbes

Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 21, 2015
Why not try foreign girls.

1 Like

Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 21, 2015
swaggzo:
Dating here in Afghan can be extraordinarily difficult too! angry

grin cheesy grin, wetin you find go afghan
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by coogar: 12:40pm On Mar 21, 2015
SAMBARRY:
since you don't understand English I'll be right back grin

this is what I do at owanmbes

who is the ebony lady beside you? isn't that bukatyne? cheesy
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by SAMBARRY: 12:43pm On Mar 21, 2015
coogar:

grin orisirisi

who is bukatyne again?
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by bukatyne(f): 12:46pm On Mar 21, 2015
coogar:

You dreamt of me last night abi?
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by coogar: 12:46pm On Mar 21, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin orisirisi

who is bukatyne again?

you mean you dunno bukatino? NL's official mother-in-israel? the most spiritual one?

sambarry, are you kidding?
then again.....you need to start hitting the gym. you are getting too fat. if you had gone one inch lower, your skirt would have torn at the sides. grin
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by bukatyne(f): 12:47pm On Mar 21, 2015
SAMBARRY:

who is bukatyne again?

I am
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by coogar: 12:48pm On Mar 21, 2015
bukatyne:

You dreamt of me last night abi?

no! angry
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by bukatyne(f): 12:52pm On Mar 21, 2015
coogar:

no! angry

Then why the mention?

Or you want to name your baby bukatyne? tongue
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by coogar: 12:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
bukatyne:

Then why the mention?

Or you want to name your baby bukatyne? tongue

i only asked sambarry a question...
why would anyone name his baby bukatyne?

1 Like

Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by SAMBARRY: 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
Okkkkkkk I know her oo.i remember her. It's been a while I saw her on nl that's why she skipped my mind. The lady always wasting her time arguing with you. I remember her o cheesy

coogar:

you mean you dunno bukatino? NL's official mother-in-israel? the most spiritual one?

sambarry, are you kidding?
then again.....you need to start hitting the gym. you are getting too fat. if you had gone one inch lower, your skirt would have torn at the sides. grin
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by SAMBARRY: 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
bukatyne:

I am
bukky how na. Long time. How the go dey go cheesy
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by SAMBARRY: 12:58pm On Mar 21, 2015
coogar:

no! angry
all liars will perish in the Lake of fire, remember that o wink
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by coogar: 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Okkkkkkk I know her oo.i remember her. It's been a while I saw her on nl that's why she skipped my mind. The lady always wasting her time arguing with you. I remember her o cheesy

don't mind that bukatyne & her one-sided argument. if the whole world sees legs, she sees arms. grin

SAMBARRY:
all liars will perish in the Lake of fire, remember that o wink

sambarry, go to the gym. cheesy
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by SAMBARRY: 1:05pm On Mar 21, 2015
I meant anyone arguing with you is like praying and fasting for a one month corpse to rise again. He or she is wasting her time when there are other productive things to read on nl and I don't need gym for now. I'm not fat grin
coogar:

don't mind that bukatyne & her one-sided argument. if the whole world sees legs, she sees arms. grin

sambarry, go to the gym. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by Zi: 6:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
Dalai:
I am a 27 year old male living and working in London. Many of my friends back home in Nigeria are now married. I desire something as such as well, but the issue is that, it is pretty difficult - if not near impossible - to meet the type of person I will love to date and probably go on to settle down with, here in London. The type of person - career focused, family aware, strong Nigerian roots- but not stereotyped, religious- but not crazy about it, desires the basic fun things in life like travelling, salsa, adventure - is almost non-existing here in London. I do socialize a lot, and it drives me nuts that you only ever meet a Nigerian lady once in every 20 or 30 social outings. I know in the UK, there is a tendency for people to withdraw and live a convenient but antisocial 9-5 lifestyle. Which brings me to the crux of my entire rant, two questions for UK folks:

Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by bookface: 4:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
Nigerian girls hardly socialize in the UK, so I am not surprised at all by your dilemma. Like someone said, networking is your best bet. If you are a christian, attend local RCCG churches, you should also consider the bi-annual festival of life event. That said, you may need to lower your expectations a little.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by Ishilove: 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2015
SAMBARRY:

grin grin grin
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by Ishilove: 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2015
coogar:

goodluck, bro....

What do you mean by 'damaged goods'?
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by coogar: 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2015
Ishilove:

What do you mean by 'damaged goods'?

women with extremely low market value.
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by Ishilove: 7:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
coogar:

women with extremely low market value.
Can you please expantiate?
Re: Dating In London Can Be Difficult by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 23, 2015
Ishilove:

Can you please expantiate?
so simple now, a woman who has been severely n severally used, sampled and dropped by other men/dudes ...... or a woman who has tasted it all and her womanly virtues has extremely diminished.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

She Dumped Him Because He Wouldn't Give Her Head / Indian Guys ❤ / King Of Swaziland Got A New Wife Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.