Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,943 members, 7,799,199 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) (6039 Views)

My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) / Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before / My Horrible Experience With Inspired Autos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by femmy2010(m): 7:18pm On Mar 24, 2015
@OP,
The max you should pay to clear the 2004 Corolla is N400,000 considering the changed exchange rate.
I had consignments on the same vessel and all has been cleared and delivered to their varying owners.
If your agent can't work with that then withdraw the job from him and give to another.
Nairalanders should be wary of clearing agents that often lure patronage with a lowered quote only to unleash the need for more fund after you might have committed your fund.

2 Likes

Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Dizzybizzy: 9:18pm On Mar 24, 2015
femmy2010:
@OP,
The max you should pay to clear the 2004 Corolla is N400,000 considering the changed exchange rate.
I had consignments on the same vessel and all has been cleared and delivered to their varying owners.
If your agent can't work with that then withdraw the job from him and give to another.
Nairalanders should be wary of clearing agents that often lure patronage with a lowered quote only to unleash the need for more fund after you might have committed your fund.
Thanks so much femmy2010.
I appreciate your concern.
He insisted on 470k and because I don't want to incur demurrage cost, I was obliged to pay the balance of 120k some hours ago.
He claimed he had made some payments so withdrawing the job will be quite stressful considering the fact that I'm not based in Lagos.
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Dizzybizzy: 4:25am On Mar 29, 2015
harveyspec:

Pls kindly state his moniker here, so that others will be cautious when dealing with him or at least he should come & explain himself
chelseabmw:

Dont you think we should know the clearing agent? but i seriously dont think you are cheated here due to the high exchance rate recently. This shouldn't be an issue, you can also confirm from another clearing agent outside nairaland

I made my findings and concluded when I saw the vehicle papers. It was a rip off. Agent's moniker on Nairaland is Oliverjiad.
I advice fellow Nairalanders to be wary of this clearing agent.
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Coldplay007(f): 4:51am On Mar 29, 2015
Bros! Why youself go use a relatively unknown agent....
Who Sabi Oliverjaid??

1 Like

Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by showreals(m): 7:05am On Mar 29, 2015
I tire o
Coldplay007:
Who Sabi Oliverjaid??
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Dizzybizzy: 7:33am On Mar 29, 2015
Coldplay007:
Who Sabi Oliverjaid??
Aunty, no be bad thing na say I wan give am work. I believe in engaging the smaller boyz so as to encourage them to grow. I had 4 vehicles on same vessel and gave him 1 to clear. Unfortunately he did a bad job. Because I don't know him in person, I have to report back here cos this is where we met.
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Coldplay007(f): 9:57am On Mar 29, 2015
Dizzybizzy:

Aunty, no be bad thing na say I wan give am work. I believe in engaging the smaller boyz so as to encourage them to grow. I had 4 vehicles on same vessel and gave him 1 to clear. Unfortunately he did a bad job. Because I don't know him in person, I have to report back here cos this is where we met.

Thank God its just clearing and not buying the car...
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by tallboo: 11:13am On Mar 29, 2015
Hmm. ...Oliverjaid. ....I almost gave him a job for 2012 camry sometimes ago but my instinct told me he is premature and I am glad I did not...

1 Like

Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by oliverjiad(m): 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2015
I paid the normal. Duty base on compromise on this job but I still thank God that I'm not th only agent in this issue several agent have same stories so why oliverjiad in the air
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Coldplay007(f): 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2015
oliverjiad:
I paid the normal. Duty base on compromise on this job but I still thank God that I'm not th only agent in this issue several agent have same stories so why oliverjiad in the air

English please... grin
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by oliverjiad(m): 5:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
Coldplay007:

English please... grin
madam English or no English issue like this is general issue not personal issue,but I wonder why that man still bring the matter here after as confirmed from several customs officer it's the dollar rate difference,well I believe in one thing no in this clearing industry,no agent is perfect were there's customs,u wouldn't believe or understand why almost a whole vessel got alerted and clearing agents have to report to cpc grimaldi to clear out their problems on a particular consignment,oliverjiad can never rip u off,yea I'm a young dude clearing agent and when ever issue occur on clearing I come and stand face it and u'll definitely see to the truth why it happens
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by oliverjiad(m): 7:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
Bros kidly let. D whole nairaland know u make contact to customs and u are been told the reason why things. Went wrong
Dizzybizzy:

Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by oliverjiad(m): 7:21pm On Mar 29, 2015
Leo001:
that a flat lie! u enter one chance! i just clear Lexus rx 350 2007 model 300k
hmmm lexus 350 2007 model cleared for. 300k thts mo, no customs duty
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by oliverjiad(m): 7:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
tallboo:
Hmm. ...Oliverjaid. ....I almost gave him a job for 2012 camry sometimes ago but my instinct told me he is premature and I am glad I did not...
lollz premature u say, madam,this is business shit happen and u should learn how to respond to it, femmy2010 u guys sayng ihes d best have issues with nairalnaders sometim ago and anything can happen bcs customs and the federal govt is d problem of d clearing industry which u guys don't no
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by oliverjiad(m): 7:31pm On Mar 29, 2015
Bros u say I rip u off its only god woud judge assuming u no d stress and money I lost to the nigerian customs to make my best to get ur car out u woulldnt say this at all, I don't have any gain on it, did u thik customs send u as a clearng agent or u b important,they are after their own bribe thit no b nigerian we dey
Dizzybizzy:

I made my findings and concluded when I saw the vehicle papers. It was a rip off. Agent's moniker on Nairaland is Oliverjaid.
I advice fellow Nairalanders to be wary of this clearing agent.
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by ExpressBooking1: 7:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
chelseabmw:

300k for a 2007 lexus? How possible?

My brother it is a capital lie. if it was ever true then it is obvious it is an underpayment and money exchanged hands somewhere
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by oliverjiad(m): 7:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hmmm bros help d industry not to help ur own selfish interestnagent dey spoil can't help d industry
femmy2010:
@OP,
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by oliverjiad(m): 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2015
Bros its not possible
ExpressBooking1:

My brother it is a capital lie. if it was ever true then it is obvious it is an underpayment and money exchanged hands somewhere
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by oliverjiad(m): 7:41pm On Mar 29, 2015
Dizzybizzy:

Hmmm! Sounds ridiculous

I have decided not to mention his moniker till I prove he's trying to play a fast one on me.
Any importer/agent that collected valuation at PTML few days ago can help us out if really valuation has increased and some consignments were put on alert.

I want to confirm first so that I don't give the agent a bad name. I have not gotten an agent that's working on consignments from that same vessel. They all say no increament.
Will confirm from the custom guys on monday.
but u Aalready mentioned and I'm herealso u confirmed and u got d truth u still have to cast the mater on ere to snab m a bad name like I rip u off y
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2015
Leo001:
that a flat lie! u enter one chance! i just clear Lexus rx 350 2007 model 300k

I love the way you lie. Its epic,

cc chelseabmw, coldplay et al
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by oliverjiad(m): 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2015
hmmm watching
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by deeonlyme: 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
ricki:
What has dollar rate got to do with clearing
Is he clearing in dollar

I smell fowl play. I had a guy doing this type of jaguda clearing business, he just opened an hotel and a 16 flat building in lagos.

Some mugu has to pay for all dat I quessed. They put you in a difficult position and milk de shite of anyone not in the know.

(1) My Brother, devaluation of naira also affects clearing here also. The calculation used to be done with 155 naira to dollar and igues it's now 168 to dollar. So it will automatically change it.

(2) oliverjaid cleared a car for me last year and I know he barely made much on it because I am privileged to know little about clearing and he didnt disappoint me on it.
(3) I have also once referred an agent to him at idi iroko in which this agent paid him 1.3 million for a job in which he had to return the money back because the money was not enough for the job without taking a dime from the money.
So far, I can vouch for him.
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by femmy2010(m): 10:49pm On Mar 29, 2015
oliverjiad:
Hmmm bros help d industry not to help ur own selfish interestnagent dey spoil can't help d industry

Good evening,
Kindly NOTE when I posted on this thread,it was before the OP indicated the name of a clearing agent.
I don't soil people's dealing.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by femmy2010(m): 10:52pm On Mar 29, 2015
oliverjiad:
lollz premature u say, madam,this is business shit happen and u should learn how to respond to it, femmy2010 u guys sayng ihes d best have issues with nairalnaders sometim ago and anything can happen bcs customs and the federal govt is d problem of d clearing industry which u guys don't no

NOTE - I can never have issues with Nairalanders. If I take funds that can't work I simply refund client's fund and BOL back without a penny deducted.
End of story.

1 Like

Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by chucky234(m): 11:20pm On Mar 29, 2015
deeonlyme:

(1) My Brother, devaluation of naira also affects clearing here also. The calculation used to be done with 155 naira to dollar and igues it's now 168 to dollar. So it will automatically change it.

(2) oliverjaid cleared a car for me last year and I know he barely made much on it because I am privileged to know little about clearing and he didnt disappoint me on it.
(3) I have also once referred an agent to him at idi iroko in which this agent paid him 1.3 million for a job in which he had to return the money back because the money was not enough for the job without taking a dime from the money.
That's the spirit bro, be your brother's keeperm
I admire your honesty

1 Like

Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Exqwizit(m): 11:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
The Nigerian Customs charges based on a bench marked exchabge rate which was 155 Naira to the dollar and has been increased to 198/199 to a dollar.If you listen to the news you would understand better. Your agent is saying the truth is is increament is based on the customs exchange rate. The duties and sundry charges are percentages based on the dollar value of the vehicles.
ricki:
What has dollar rate got to do with clearing
Is he clearing in dollar

I smell fowl play. I had a guy doing this type of jaguda clearing business, he just opened an hotel and a 16 flat building in lagos.

Some mugu has to pay for all dat I quessed. They put you in a difficult position and milk de shite of anyone not in the know.
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by emhoonline(m): 11:40pm On Mar 29, 2015
deeonlyme:

Even we did not advertise our profession there are many agents on dis forum
Ur agent is not lieing,dollar rate now is 198$ so d value will high
Above all the clearing shud not above 400k..infact is even much for 04 carw
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by ichakaobos(m): 11:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
Increment in dollar will affect duty rate, but not to the tune you mentioned. You sound like you gave someone the job to do and you are conveying what he told you back to the owner of the car. I do mostly containers which pay higher duty and I didn't add #10 to my clearing charge because the increment was just 30k additional to the duty I pay normally. If you still insist on your story, prepare for devaluation of your account. As for RX 350 guy. Make FOU no see that car with the documents on the highway.
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by deeonlyme: 1:02am On Mar 30, 2015
ichakaobos:
Increment in dollar will affect duty rate, but not to the tune you mentioned. You sound like you gave someone the job to do and you are conveying what he told you back to the owner of the car. I do mostly containers which pay higher duty and I didn't add #10 to my clearing charge because the increment was just 30k additional to the duty I pay normally. If you still insist on your story, prepare for devaluation of your account. As for RX 350 guy. Make FOU no see that car with the documents on the highway.

Abeg tell d guy make e no use d car pass abeokuta shagam road
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by harveyspec: 8:44am On Mar 30, 2015
deeonlyme:

So for 2004 corolla, 590k seems fair to you?

I just cleared a 2005 corolla for 420k last week here, though the agent came up with 25k additional charges

he paid a whooping sum of 470k for a 2004 model, then added 120k all in the name of dollar increment

Daylight robbery in my opinion

1 Like

Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Coldplay007(f): 9:18am On Mar 30, 2015
ichakaobos:
femmy2010:
@OP,
harveyspec:

So for 2004 corolla, 590k seems fair to you?

I just cleared a 2005 corolla for 420k last week here, though the agent came up with 25k additional charges

he paid a whooping sum of 470k for a 2004 model, then added 120k all in the name of dollar increment

Daylight robbery in my opinion

I have been having issues understanding Oliverjaid's posts so I will just quote all these people that cleared vehicles recently...
470k is obviously too much for a 2004 corolla..
It's appalling when you negotiates a deal with an agent, pay up, then the agent turns around to renegotiate while holding on to your money...
If you try that rubbish with me, I will not pay you a kobo more, and you MUST clear that car... cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by oliverjiad(m): 10:52am On Mar 30, 2015
[Madam i never rip him off,i have already run the car entry before this happens,the issue is that u guys never understand whats happening in the industry as at 2weeks now most jobs are alerted even cars that pay normal duty was alerted,assuming the value giving. On that car was not issued i would have yousfully return thevmoney and docs to the owner,so what i mean here is this mistake occur along the line while the clearing processing is on,so i never ripped him off,cystoms and gej are the problem to clearing this days,well i owe the whole nairalanders apologies and fellow nigerians to plz pardon m,itll never happens again,also i want u all to understand shit happens,so when shit happens itll correction and thats my utmost right about now,once again my brother and sisters,im so sorry for the disappointment my fellow nairalandersquote author=Coldplay007 post=32161263]

I have been having issues understanding Oliverjaid's posts so I will just quote all these people that cleared vehicles recently...
470k is obviously too much for a 2004 corolla..
It's appalling when you negotiates a deal with an agent, pay up, then the agent turns around to renegotiate while holding on to your money...
If you try that rubbish with me, I will not pay you a kobo more, and you MUST clear that car... cool
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2003 Toyota Matrix Xr Sport Edition / Mitsubishi Sigma Or 1995 Nissan Primera / 2001 Acura 3.2 TL For Sale...Price Reviewd to 1.5 Million Fixed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.