Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

The Potter's Devotional (daily) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Potter's Devotional (daily) (798 Views)

Daily Devotional. In Grace By Grace For Grace. / The Potter And The Clay / Ex-witch Reveals That Harry Potter Books Are Witchcraft Manuals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Potter's Devotional (daily) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2015
THE POTTER'S DEVOTIONAL (PD) - ABRAHAM+SARAH -
March 21, 2015

KEEP HOPE ALIVE
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE : Ps.27:14

"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait I say, on the LORD."

Despondency is a tool the devil uses to steal people's vision. He injects this evil poison into a man's heart through the experience of loss and suffering. That today is bad and the future looks bleak does not mean that your tomorrow will be terrible. As long as you are in Christ, you can be rest assured that your tomorrow will be alright. Don't give up on your vision! Even if the devil stole a particular blessing from you, Don't give him your vision. Dry up your tears because you need clear eyes to see new opportunities that God is giving to you. The avenue for new opportunities to your recovery can be around you as you read this, but as long as your eyes are flooded with tears, you will see only the situation and not the opportunities.

Has the devil taken everything from you like Job? That could mean that like Job, you are going through a trial of your faith. Don't give up on God! DON'T let the devil take your joy because the JOY of the Lord is your ONLY source of strength (Neh.8:10). The knowledge that God is with you in that situation, and that the devil has clear boundaries with regards to the extent and timing of your trial should comfort your heart (Job 1:12 & 2:6).

In addition to putting an end to tears, encourage yourself in the Lord. David said in Ps. 42:11: "Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." David encouraged himself in God NOT in a bottle, or through drugs, you too can do same.

David went through situations that swallowed his hope and made him despair even of life, BUT when he remembered who God is, what He had done and what He could do, his hope came alive gain. David encouraged himself in the Lord knowing that he will experience the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. David's focus was on God's Word and God's goodness NOT on his trials and afflictions! Where are you looking at-- God or the devil? Go ahead and encourage yourself with God's word and very soon, your story will change in Jesus name.

CONFESSION:
I will experience the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

MEDITATION:
"...for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

PRAYER:
Father, I receive Your joy today and the encouragement Your word gives in Jesus name.

CONTACTS:
Voice Calls: +2347030800020
WhatsApp: +2348086809262
BBM PIN: 5161BB72
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thepottershouseofglory
Follow us on twitter: @pottershouse247

GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: The Potter's Devotional (daily) by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 22, 2015
March 22, 2015

GOD ALLOWED IT
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE : 2 Cor.12:7-8

"...I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations...At first I didn’t think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it..." (MSG)

There are certain "BUT's" God allows in our lives for a purpose. When God allows a certain "but" to remain in our lives, we become frustrated and we begin to pray that God would take it away. But the truth is, most times God allows it to remain!

Our text this morning centres around the life of a great Apostle-- Paul. Paul was a man used by God. He devoted his entire life to serving God and because of this, he refused to get married because he did not want his devotion to the LORD to be divided (1 Cor.7:7-cool. Apostle Paul wrote two - third of the New Testament because of the abundance of revelations he had! Today, no message is complete without reference to either his gospels or his life! He was so in touch with The Father that he would at times, desire to depart and be with Christ but he had to consider people on earth and so he decided to live (Phil.1:23-26). When it was time for him to depart, he knew (2 Tim.4:6-cool-- that is dominion over death! Paul had dominion over death. Wow...such a great man of God whose life brought glory to God.

However, there was a "BUT" in the life of this great Apostle! Paul was handicapped-- that was his own "BUT" and like most of us, he tried to pray it away but God refused to take it away. He said: "Three times I did that, and then he told me, My grace is enough; it’s all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness." (2 Cor.12:8-9a)

Maybe just like Apostle Paul, you have your own "BUT" which is so pronounced, I am sent by God to tell you: "God's grace is enough, it is all you need. Just like Apostle Paul who later realised that God allowed it for a purpose [of reminding Paul about his limitation so he will not become proud], he took his focus off it. He said: "Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift." He began focusing on the power of Christ. He began saying: "It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I JUST LET CHRIST TAKE OVER! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become." (2 Cor.12:9-10, MSG, Emphasis mine).

WHATEVER your own "BUT" may be, Let Christ take over...,ONLY then, will you experience His POWER move on in that weakness of yours. Go about pleasing God, DON'T give ANY BODY permission to put you down or pity you. Serve God with your "BUT". Hold your head high knowing that God loves you just the way you are and He made you that way for a purpose. Remember, the more pronounced the "BUT", the greater the surge of God's power.

CONFESSION:
God's grace is ALL I need.

MEDITATION:
2 Cor.12:7-10

PRAYER:
Father, as I take my focus off the "BUT" in my life and focus on Your strength, let your power flow through my weakness in Jesus name.

CONTACTS:

GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: The Potter's Devotional (daily) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
March 23, 2015

IS NOT BY PRAYER & FASTING
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE : Gen.8:22

"For as long as the Earth lasts, planting and harvest...will never stop.” (MSG)

By privilege of association, God's servant-- Abraham Adams asked me to accompany to a place where he was invited yesterday after service and when we got there, a prayer point was raised: "O God, plant the tree of prosperity in our family in Jesus name." We couldn't stop laughing because this is an ignorant Prayer and we are told by God Himself that: "We [His Children] are destroyed for lack of knowledge." (Hos.4:6)

I have been taught time and again that every man's mountain is his ignorance and I can only agree with this statement. What therefore, is the cure for man's ignorance? The cure is LIGHT-- Revelation from God's word (Jn.8:32)!

Everybody desires to be prosperous especially FINANCIALLY & MATERIALLY but are we really prospering the way God wants us to? God desires our prosperity but God cannot go against His word. Financial and material prosperity is activated on the terms of God's covenant. It does NOT and will NEVER answer to prayer and fasting. Paul told us in 1 Cor.3:6: "I have planted, Apollos watered; it is God that giveth the increase." From the revelation of this word, we see that WE have our own part of the covenant to keep and until we keep our part, God will not keep His!

Financial and material prosperity answers to YOUR liberality-- to God and man! The Bible in Prov.11:25 tells us that: "The liberal soul shall be made fat..." The man we should be following today is our very own Father Abraham-- the great patriarch of faith! All through Scriptures, I have never come across a portion where I was told that Abraham fasted and prayed to be prosperous; no, not ever! He was a liberal soul who went about rearing altar of sacrifices to God and man and finally Jehovah El-Elyon, the Blesser said: "...By myself have I sworn...That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice." (Gen.22:16-18)

Abraham got the "sworn blessing" by his liberality. Our Spiritual father Bishop Oyedepo had the same encounter when God told him "...even if you don't want to be rich it is too late..." today he is a testimony of financial fortune. Your poverty DOES NOT exempt you from practicing the covenant (Acts 20:35). The secret therefore, is in being a DISTRIBUTOR-- scatter your seed (1 Tim.6:17-19)! Also remember Eccl.11:1,3a,6 : "Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth:...In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withold not thy hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good."

Therefore, be liberal-- pay your tithes and offerings, give for the expansion of God's kingdom, give to your spiritual and biological parents, give to the poor and those in need. Only then will your financial and material cloud be full of rain and it will empty itself upon your life.

CONFESSION:
My GIVING is my DOMINION and my dominion is my PROSPERITY

MEDITATION:
"IF THOU shall hearken DILIGENTLY unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to DO ALL his commandments...He will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: And all these blessings shall come upon thee, and overtake thee, IF THOU shalt hearken..." (Deut.28:1-2)

PRAYER:
Father, I receive your grace to keep my own part of the covenant in Jesus name.

CONTACTS:

GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: The Potter's Devotional (daily) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
March 24th, 2015

ONLY GOD CAN DO IT
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE : Ps.62:5

"My soul, wait thou ONLY upon God; for my expectation is from him." (KJV, Emphasis mine)

One of the tenets of the GFP (God - First Priority) forum is that: "Our help and trust is in God ALONE." By the way, GFP is a mandate that God revealed to his servant ( ABRAHAM ADAMS) to raise men and women with a God - First Priority Lifestyle. Friends, People that put God first don't beg men!

I have come with a message from the LORD this morning: "ONLY GOD CAN DO IT." STOP looking to men for help. Ps.34:5 tells us: "They looked unto HIM, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed." (Emphasis mine). You are disappointed because you have been looking to men. Now, turn to God because ONLY God can do it! Ps.145:16 tells us again that: "Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing." Are you a living thing? Then the satisfaction of your desire(s) is in the hand of God, not the hand of a (wo)man.

Yes, it is true that God will not come down Himself, he uses people. Now, get this understanding: "NEVER USE A MAN TO GET TO GOD BUT RATHER, USE GOD TO GET TO A MAN." God tells us in His word: "Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it." (Is.46:11)

God is the ONE that calls, we shouldn't call. Praying prayers like: "God, cause my uncle or my aunt to remember me" is an ignorant prayer! You need a job or an admission, you are looking for connection. Get connected to God and you will not be disappointed. You need a life partner and you are running everywhere! Sit with God and you will be found (Prov.19:14). You need the fruit of the womb and you are running to a temple or shrine! Turn to God (Ps.127:3). STOP trying to help God or quicken the process by pressuring men for help-- His name is Ebenezer [He is our helper]! He is waiting to help you only IF you will look to Him ALONE.

The truth is, you CANNOT claim to be looking to God for help and running to men at the same time! WHATEVER your own desires are, ONLY GOD CAN GRANT THEM!

CONFESSION:
"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth." (Ps.121:1-2)

MEDITATION:
"For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed." (Is.50:7)

PRAYER:
Father, grace to look to You ALONE for ALL my desires, I receive it in Jesus name.

CONTACTS:

GOD BLESS YOU.

(1) (Reply)

The Lords Chosen Crusade On The 20th And 21st In Ogun State / Religious Photo Of The Day / Satanic Worshippers Unveils Baphomet Statue In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.