Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria (39123 Views)

9 Most Influential Nigerian Politicians In 2015 - Takemetonaija.com / See Them OOO!! See The 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria. / The Most Influencial And Popular Governor In Nigeria Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
konjivity:
If someone's political influence does not translate to victory at the polls, then that individual needs to up his game. As an individual GEJ might not pack a national punch politically, but he has the influence to influence other individuals who in turn cascade the influence further to their various regions to deliver the goods. Now that's influence!

Thank you . You truly understand what influence is all about . Many people tends to mistake " Commonness " with " Influence/popular " . Using the following two people as an example - Amechi is nationally common ; while GEJ has national influence .
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 21, 2015
ellechrystal:
G. Akpabio

u must be akwa ibomite....

ABADIE?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by iGeneral: 6:45pm On Mar 21, 2015
All the list so far made have shown that the igbos are the efulefu of Nigerian politics. Not one mention has been made of any igbo politician. They only follow the Naira.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by emiye(m): 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2015
Tinubu has to be no 1. His vision aid him to make influential decisions

Opposition is really hard in Nigeria, you need to be strong to stay in the opposition, Tinubu has galvanised the opposition in to a formidable force,even som of those attacking him today were beneficiaries of his political sagacity, Mimiko's stolen mandate was recovered partly by Tinubu's influence, Obanikoro begged horizontally for support for the AD senate ticket in 2003.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by Solowande(m): 7:10pm On Mar 21, 2015
Btruth:
even at that, they are all still worth a lot more than a begging president.
u don finish?
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by Paretomaster(m): 7:14pm On Mar 21, 2015
Where is Hon Aminu Waziri Tambuwal?
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by azzima(m): 7:22pm On Mar 21, 2015
cbrass:

So you didn't know before? Bro it's the bitter truth ibos have no influence in Nigerian politics
WELL SAID . THEY ONLY VOTE BASED ON SENTIMENTS AND MONEY. THEY DON'T USE THEIR HEAD. POLITICS IS A GAME OF POLITICAL MATHEMATICS. THE WAY THEY ALL ARE SUPPORTING GEJ EVEN MORE THAN THE IJAWS IS A GOOD EXAMPLE. THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT BY ALL OF THEM VOTING FOR JUST 1 PARTY IS LIKE A SUICIDE. THEY WILL BE PUSHED FURTHER MORE TO FOURTH CLASS CITIZENS OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY OF NIGERIA. BUT I APPLAUD A FEW OF THEM WHO ARE SMARTER WITH THEIR VOTES.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by azzima(m): 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2015
Empero1:

On the contrary to your postulation , the words influential and popular stands for the same thing and can be used interchangeably . Now , if you say they majority here are mistaking " commonness" with influential/popularity then I will agree with you . This is side note by the way . Other of your points are well articulated .

Addendum ; I have no monopoly of wisdom and knowledge .
you sure don't because you need to check your dictionary and see the difference between POPULAR AND INFLUENTIAL.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by azzima(m): 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
chidile:
pls include the following names
1 Dr chris uba.....esele
2.Dr ifeanyi uba......ebube chukwu uzo
3 Author n'ukpo....
these men can deliver oooh!
yeah right!!!.please pass me some of that good weed that you must be smoking.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by Toosure70: 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2015
chukwudi44:
Abeg are you people talking about the most influential politicians in APC or what? Tinubu indeed!!! Wé Saw How influential he was during the ondo and ekiti gubernatorial polls.

That man's influence ends in Lagos and even that Jimmy Agbaje would soon bring that to an end .Let me see How He will save Ajimobi from defeat come April 11 .

Buhari is influential yet PDP has been ruling his state since 1999.CPC inspite of all thé noise only managed to win just 1 state. Thé illiterate himself is about to enter thé guiness books of record for presidential election defeat .So much for influence
stupid.d as ur pay master

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by digitsolution: 7:46pm On Mar 21, 2015
lafex:
This list are based on my decision and on the following criteria
1. Many politians are directly attached to them
2. Many electorate are directly attached to them
3. Their movement from one party to the other will have a very great effect on the forth coming general election result.

The list is as follows in descending order
1. Bola Ahmed Tinubu
2. General Olusegun Obasanjo
3. General Muhammedu Buhari
4. T Y Danjuma
5. General Ibrahim Babangida
6. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
7. Sule Lamido
8. Ibrahim Kwakwaso
9. Edwin clark
10. Bukola Saraki

Once again, the list is based on my decision and you are free to add or remove
Thanks

Otunba Alao Akala should be on this list
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by papaskino(m): 7:59pm On Mar 21, 2015
We shall c.
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 21, 2015
azzima:
you sure don't because you need to check your dictionary and see the difference between POPULAR AND INFLUENTIAL.

Someone who's " regarded with approval or affection by people in general " - POPULAR; is as good as someone who's " having great influence on someone or something. " - INFLUENTIAL ... This simply implies that Popular is almost same as Influence . Only commonness differs from the two .

COMMON - " Most widely known; ordinary " .

In summary , one can be Common without being Popular or Influential . However , when someone is Popular he is automatically influential and vise versa . Although , you can tell me that Influence is superior to popularity and I will agree with you .

Examples :

- When you talk of an influential politician in the present political dispensation you talk about someone like GEJ . He can order for your arrest without questioning from any quarter at least within Nigeria .

- When you talk of a popular politician in the present political dispensation you talk about someone like Buhari . He may not have financial muscle like other politicians in his rank , but he has the charisma . His assumed good moral stance opens doors for him . He can easily influence the most stubborn man in the Northern Nigeria street .

- Now , you talk of common politician you talk of someone like Amechi , who is now widely known around the country not because of his popularity or influence , but because of his mad maverick nature . Amechi in this context is like that mad man in your village square or market , who's known by all and sundry within your enclave and beyond . Such a mad man is possibly well known better than you who's sane and sound . The mad man is well known all over and is ordinary but he is neither popular nor influential .

I hope you will see logic in my postulation . Thanks .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 21, 2015
Tinubu is influencial in south west, bukola in kwara, the influcial politician are. People like Atiku, Obj, IBB, Buhari these are men that has loyalist in all the geopolitical zones in nigeria

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by chiefsaif: 9:03pm On Mar 21, 2015
macpetrus:
Atiku..
Abdulsalami Abubakar..
MUAZU BABANGIDA ALIYU

You're lost for mentioning MUAZU BABANGIDA ALIYU. He is nothing but a....errr I don't even know the word again.
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
Tunubu does not have any influence in the Southeast and can never have it
CaptainOjemba:
Tinubu is influencial in south west, bukola in kwara, the influcial politician are. People like Atiku, Obj, IBB, Buhari these are men that has loyalist in all the geopolitical zones in nigeria
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by stigman(m): 9:40pm On Mar 21, 2015
OtunbaJega:

The op wasnt talking about SUG or local govt.. Akpabio ko, Akpala ni

That means you don't know who is who in this country
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by cbrass(m): 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2015
azzima:
WELL SAID . THEY ONLY VOTE BASED ON SENTIMENTS AND MONEY. THEY DON'T USE THEIR HEAD. POLITICS IS A GAME OF POLITICAL MATHEMATICS. THE WAY THEY ALL ARE SUPPORTING GEJ EVEN MORE THAN THE IJAWS IS A GOOD EXAMPLE. THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT BY ALL OF THEM VOTING FOR JUST 1 PARTY IS LIKE A SUICIDE. THEY WILL BE PUSHED FURTHER MORE TO FOURTH CLASS CITIZENS OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY OF NIGERIA. BUT I APPLAUD A FEW OF THEM WHO ARE SMARTER WITH THEIR VOTES.

Yes you are right bro... they don't know how to calculate at all.. they careless about the future. Some times I wonder when they suddenly fell so much in love with the ijaws. When you know you don't have the numbers you have to use other strategies to position your selves favorably. That's why it's going to be very hard for them to produce a president
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by cbrass(m): 10:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
stigman:

That means you don't know who is who in this country

Not a person like Akpabio... haba! shocked

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by cbrass(m): 11:01pm On Mar 21, 2015
digitsolution:

Otunba Alao Akala should be on this list

We are not talking about amala politics here. and neither are we talking about Oyo state politics. Infact his popularity in Oyo has dwindled real fast
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by cbrass(m): 11:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
azzima:
yeah right!!!.please pass me some of that good weed that you must be smoking.

grin grin grin
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by cbrass(m): 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2015
Empero1:

Thank you . You truly understand what influence is all about . Many people tends to mistake " Commonness " with " Influence/popular " . Using the following two people as an example - Amechi is nationally common ; while GEJ has national influence .

Why can't he use his influence to Stop the use of card reader, why can't he use his influence to Garner electorates from the southwest. Let him be voted out next week then you will discover that Ameachi is his senior
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 21, 2015
cbrass:

Why can't he use his influence to Stop the use of card reader, why can't he use his influence to Garner electorates from the southwest. Let him be voted out next week then you will discover that Ameachi is his senior

The last time I checked , the current government we have in practice is democracy . Democracy government is neither autocracy nor dictatorial governments .
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by cbrass(m): 11:42pm On Mar 21, 2015
edogirl2:

Being popular is not the same as being influential. For example, Tinubu is not popular, but he's super influential. Currently no one compares to him when it comes to real politics. The man is a political wizard who can play all shades of politicsgrin

Buhari's current universal standing has a lot to do with the 'Western boys' (Tinubu) who are the brains behind his repackaging. People like Amaechi have also thrown a lot of money in the project.

When I saw the list I wanted to think OBJ should have been put at number 1. But when I had a second thought about the new politics Gospel according to jagaban himself then I had to agree cheesy

If you look at the political sphere in the Southwest now some few people out of envy and jealousy that didn't want to accept the Gospel of jagaban are beginning to hail him in the corner of their rooms. As powerful as OBJ was then as a president tinubu was a pain in his as5 so was Oshiomole, infact baba had to confess then that they are 3 ruling the country. Him,tinubu and osho baba (NLC president then ).

But if we go outside the shores of Nigeria I think OBJ is highly respected or what do you think?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by cbrass(m): 11:45pm On Mar 21, 2015
Empero1:

The last time I checked , the current government we have in practice is democracy . Democracy government is neither autocracy nor dictatorial governments .

What you don't have you can't give. Please don't defend what is not.
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by donkapoze(m): 12:05am On Mar 22, 2015
Buhari, Tinubu, Amechi, Kwankwaso, Wamakko etc
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by unilagfreshest(m): 10:37am On Mar 22, 2015
1,2 I CONCUR BT GEJ SHOULD BE NO 3
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by billyG(m): 11:37am On Mar 26, 2015
GMB top d list,is it a beans 2 get 11miln votes without a structure, in 4mnths until tinubu get 11milln votes in da SW 4 GMB he shld be @ d bottom of d list.
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by Gbawe: 3:29pm On Mar 30, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros cool down, you do not call results before the match. By March 30 we would who amongst this politicians are most influential. it is not by shouting Tinubu this,Buhari that on the internet.

Old man, how market na? This is the problem with people like you. Ethno-religious bigotry has completely ruined your life to the point you can never give credit to those who deserve it. Like we told you, Tinubu will show you his 'influence'. From winning zero SW States out of six in 2011 Tinubu has now delivered the SW to Buhari by helping the General win five out of six States. Impressive turn-around of Buhari's fortune only Tinubu could mastermind.

Watch, learn and weep. Next time stop being sentimentally disrespectful and learn to give crdit where due. If you did that then you would learn to win in life instead of always ending with egg on your face because you are someone whose thinking is completely guided by prejudice and sentiments.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by Gbawe: 12:37am On Apr 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros cool down, you do not call results before the match. By March 30 we would who amongst this politicians are most influential. it is not by shouting Tinubu this,Buhari that on the internet.

Oga, how market? I wan buy tomato? You no dey sell again? This one wey you kon disappear like this. Punk.
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 01, 2015
Gbawe:

Oga, how market? I wan buy tomato? You no dey sell again? This one wey you kon disappear like this. Punk.

Ignore than man....he believes in politics of bitterness......
Re: 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria by lafex: 12:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
Some pple were arguing with me on this list and it's finally come to pass. I also said that Amaechi cannot win Rivers and everyone has seen it now.

Saraki that I was told to remove is now the next Senate President.

My prediction finally come to pass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard / New Chief Of Army Staff Reshuffles Top Military Command & Makes New Appointments / Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.