Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? (1740 Views)

Redeemer’s University Scientists Build 10-minute Ebola And Lassa Test Kits / Scientists Discover Some Evidences Of Life After Death [check In] / Scientists Discover Four New Elements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Gluthatione: 3:37pm On Mar 21, 2015
To all my nairalanders I need answer to this question, who is the greatest scientists of all time, is it Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin or Gregor Mendel etc
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by amunkita(m): 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2015
Which ever 1 that gave us Condom...
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Gluthatione: 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2015
amunkita:
Which ever 1 that gave us Condom...
can't u just serious for once. London ko condom ni
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by DesChyko: 4:08pm On Mar 21, 2015
That must be the man who invented the 'pillow'
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by amunkita(m): 4:10pm On Mar 21, 2015
Gluthatione:

can't u just serious for once. London ko condom ni

Oga am so effing serious, cous wivout condom maybe STD go don grow tree 4 ur head...

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Gluthatione: 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2015
amunkita:

Oga am so effing serious, cous wivout condom maybe STD go don grow tree 4 ur head...
Hahahahahaha see this one,i have never had sex for d past 15yrs so I that I cannot contract STD talk less of using condom. for ur information I donate blood almost every year.loooooooool
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by skylane: 4:32pm On Mar 21, 2015
Albert einstien to me,he was the main part of those who developed the atomic bomb,invented so many formulars and even modernize fridge etc,that man is so brilliant,but talking abt dexterity I will say leonardo davinci,he was a mechanical eingineer,painter,poet,medical scientist,musician etc dat man was meticulus and was famous for his monalisa painting

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by amunkita(m): 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2015
[quote
author=Gluthatione post=31858439]
Hahahahahaha see this one,i have never had sex for d past 15yrs so I
that I cannot contract STD talk less of using condom. for ur information
I donate blood almost every year.loooooooool[/quote]

I know sex is btw a man nd a woman nd u dont indulge in such.

Pls d 1 u re doing watz it called, i mean u yansh bursting?
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Gluthatione: 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2015
skylane:
Albert einstien to me,he was the main part of those who developed the atomic bomb,invented so many formulars and even modernize fridge etc,that man is so brilliant,but talking abt dexterity I will say leonardo davinci,he was a mechanical eingineer,painter,poet,medical scientist,musician etc dat man was meticulus and was famous for his monalisa painting
Thanks for the contributions ,still learning
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by tosin2013: 6:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
Albert Einstein is the closest choice, Followed by Leonardo da Vinci, newton, avi cenna(ibn sina, check him on google), Marie Curie and Whoever invented the gun grin

Mendel and Darwin theories have all been disproved tongue
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Karleb(m): 7:14pm On Mar 21, 2015
I'll go with Albert Einstein for unraveling the time and space theory because now we know that whatever can travel faster than the speed of light can travel through time.

Then Pierre and Marie Curie and Henri Becquerel for Radioactivity, another source of electricity.

Michael Faraday for electrolysis, without the lead acid accumulator your car no fit move. undecided

Issac Newtown for his laws of motion.

and finally Gegror Mendel for hereditary and genetics, now we fit dey chop one week corn.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Lordmykel(m): 7:35pm On Mar 21, 2015
No one mentioned my dad. Lord Rutherford
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by DONOCHAS(m): 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
DONOCHAS
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by adeshola1(m): 8:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
to me.. Isaac Newton

has so many laws to his credit including the all famous calculus which we now use to arrive at other formulas, make bridges bomb etc...Law of motion, his contribution to light waves and so on.

What of Galileo Galilei he set the pace for science to exit and he died because he stood on his ground

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Akorede612(m): 9:10pm On Mar 21, 2015
Karleb:
I'll go with Albert Einstein for unraveling the time and space theory because now we know that whatever can travel faster than the speed of light can travel through time.

Then Pierre and Marie Curie and Henri Becquerel for Radioactivity, another source of electricity.

Michael Faraday for electrolysis, without the lead acid accumulator your car no fit move. undecided

and finally Gegror Mendel for hereditary and genetics, now we fit dey chop one week corn.

Einstein dint unravel any time and space theory... he jst developed it.... Countless philosophers hav theorized on it befor einstein. Chek Immanuel Kant theory on space and time... it wil amaze u.. wat dat dose dudes frm d past were reli inteligent. not our self acclaimed professors dz days...wu prides in failin students on a subject dey demselvs no kno.

and most of dz dudes r grt... bt i tink... most of dem av deir footprints frm Aristotle. dere z ntn dey discoverd dat dosnt av its crude form in aristotles...physics..(wich include all science subjects)...

if Aristotle cud kno so much.... despite he existed several years befpr Jesus Christ Himself was born. i tink he z d grtst scientist

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by royallord1(m): 9:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
WELL TO ME ...THE GREATEST IS......
JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH ....
MA REASONS....
1. HE Defied BIOLOGY about humans by coming into being without any sexual contact(male sperm and womans ovaries)
2.HE Defied ECONOMICS by feeding over 5000 people with 2 loafs of bread and five fishes....thus disproving the law of diminishing returns.
3.HE Defied or rather defieing PHYSICS law of what goes up must come down; by ascending in to heaven and chilling there till we get to understand that he is BOSS..UNDISPUTED....REMEMBER HE WALKED ON WATER.......THIS GUY IS AWESOME....
4.HE defied CHEMISTRY by turning water into wine....can you phantom the chemical combination?
4.HE proved a theorem that once a living thing dies...it automatically becomes a part of the food chain never coming back to life ....he broke the theorem coming back to life three days after death .......proving to a fact that HE is KING OF KINGS......LORD OF LORDS ..THE BEGINING AND THE END....OVER ALL....
yet no other scientist has accomplished his feat
OR DONT YOU AGREE......

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Gluthatione: 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2015
skylane:
hmmmmm great
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Gluthatione: 10:05pm On Mar 21, 2015
tosin2013:
Albert Einstein is the closest choice, Followed by Leonardo da Vinci, newton, avi cenna(ibn sina, check him on google), Marie Curie and Whoever invented the gun grin

some of Mendel's work are still relevant
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Gluthatione: 10:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
Karleb:

good
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 21, 2015
tosin2013:

Really? By who/what/when/where?
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
I've gotta say Newton. Albert and the others are great too of course but Newton was ahead of his time.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by sweetguy10(m): 3:15am On Mar 22, 2015
Albert Einstein seems to be the most curious mind of all ......and well, a curious mind is a knowing mind. He keeps sayin that he is no genius, he only understand the system of things in such a way that has never been seen before

Leonardo da Vinci is the most enlightened/intelligent mind that ever lived . He contributed immensely to every aspects of life from science to alchemy and art . His layout prints for hundreds of unraveled inventions are still studied universally .

All of them are great in their respective fields , we all should just enjoy their works and marvel at their thoughts process during the time when the survival of a nation solely depends on their theory .

Sir Isaac Newton

Niels Bohr
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Gluthatione: 11:34pm On Mar 22, 2015
sweetguy10:
Albert Einstein seems to be the most curious mind of all ......and well, a curious mind is a knowing mind. He keeps sayin that he is no genius, he only understand the system of things in such a way that has never been seen before

Leonardo da Vinci is the most enlightened/intelligent mind that ever lived . He contributed immensely to every aspects of life from science to alchemy and art . His layout prints for hundreds of unraveled inventions are still studied universally .

All of them are great in their respective fields , we all should just enjoy their works and marvel at their thoughts process during the time when the survival of a nation solely depends on their theory .
Sir Isaac Newton

Niels Bohr
thanks for d contribution bro
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by ValentineMary(m): 1:03am On Mar 23, 2015
I would go for Albert Einstein with his discoveries on relativity, modern physics,gravitational law, and most popular energy mass relation. 2nd to my heart is Stephen Hawkins with his discovery on black hole, time contraction, length contraction etc.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by OKNkanu(m): 1:04am On Mar 23, 2015
......Although most scientist played important roles....... My greatest happens to be Isaac Newton... his laws helped many other scientists build up their work.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by tosin2013: 6:32am On Mar 24, 2015
Gluthatione:

some of Mendel's work are still relevant

That's exactly why he can't be in a list like this. He was good not great! People like Aristotle, galen, Steve jobs, Alexander Fleming and Az-zahrawi will trounce him on any list! grin
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Masterkolade: 10:30am On Mar 24, 2015
I don't think you can crown anyone as the "greatest scientist of all time". They all specialized & worked in different fields.. Am sure newton would have flopped trying to develop the atomic bomb so as Albert in understanding gravity, or Galileo galilei working on radioactivity. "The greatest scientist of all time" would be one who is an island of knowledge,one who postulated theories, discovered&invented everything we know as science and technology today. Is there any human as such?,to me I think they all deserve kudos for being excellent in their respective fields which in turn has made life easier for us.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Gluthatione: 10:42am On Mar 24, 2015
tosin2013:

That's exactly why he can't be in a list like this. He was good not great! People like Aristotle, galen, Steve jobs, Alexander Fleming and Az-zahrawi will trounce him on any list! grin
hmmmmmmmm
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Gluthatione: 10:49am On Mar 24, 2015
Masterkolade:
I don't think you can crown anyone as the "greatest scientist of all time". They all specialized & worked in different fields.. Am sure newton would have flopped trying to develop the atomic bomb so as Albert in understanding gravity, or Galileo galilei working on radioactivity. "The greatest scientist of all time" would be one who is an island of knowledge,one who postulated theories, discovered&invented everything we know as science and technology today. Is there any human as such?,to me I think they all deserve kudos for being excellent in their respective fields which in turn has made life easier for us.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Scientists Of All Time? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 24, 2015
tosin2013:

Steve Jobs was an entrepreneur. undecided

(1) (Reply)

WAEC 2015: Literature In English + Civic Eduction Questions & Answers / Tasued 2015/2016 Post-utme Screening Exercise For 100l & D.e.(200l) Candidates / Ten Things That Must Happen A Month After Jamb Admission Conclusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.