Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview (39209 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) / Chimamanda Adichie Makes Vanity Fair List Of International Best Dressed / Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by koyyess: 10:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
One amusing thing about misogynists is the fact that they were once/or are presently 'boys' of feminists...hence the constant rants.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by zicoraads: 10:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
Vickybee:
My big time role model.

One, out of many things that's synonymous with both of us is that we fear no man. tongue
Lol...I know you'll love this cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by theSpark(m): 10:05pm On Mar 21, 2015
tchidi:
First of all, Elnathan can do no wrong in my eyes...

Chimamanda, be careful!

As in ehnn

I'd choose el Nathan ten times before I go for Chimamanda. Chimamanda is over rated.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 21, 2015
cococandy:
They better kiss and make up.

Chimamanda hasn't fully realized how much ego even the most enlightened of Nigerian males is.

I blame her.

Next time she should thread carefully and avoid assuming that others are operating on the same frequency as her.
What constitutes a joke to her may mean more to him.
Even as her protege, he doesn't see himself as a learner under her.

Because I'm quite sure if she was a man, he would have problems with the term 'boy' even if it wasn't meant as a joke.

Next time be careful madam.

It's obvious you did not read the write up or lack simple comprehension skills.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 21, 2015
laplace12:

Nope.

Rather her self-confidence crashed into your insecurity.
and you think your inferior personality and ass liking attitude isn't the rational behind your sick analogy.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Volatility: 10:09pm On Mar 21, 2015
Everyone has reason(s) for their actions or inactions. Here is Chimamanda's own:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg3umXU_qWc
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Ishilove: 10:09pm On Mar 21, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Ofcourse you wouldn't. Judging from comments like yours, identifying the infamous ubiquity of featherbrained gyno-humanoids such as yourself is a stroll in a park.
This is cold... shocked

cheesy cheesy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 21, 2015
CSTR:
What a nincompoop.
In a world where arrogant mediocres are celebrated, her so-called achievements are worth squat to me.
If she had the brains of more talented authors like ben okri and the likes, she'd probably demand to be worshipped.
Typical woman.
Ben Okri is a local champion. I don't even know him.

Apart from Wole Soyinka and Late Chinua Achebe, I don't know any other popular Nigerian writer. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Ishilove: 10:13pm On Mar 21, 2015
theSpark:

As in ehnn

I'd choose el Nathan ten times before I go for Chimamanda. Chimamanda is over rated.
That's like saying Soyinka is overrated.

Or Achebe

Or Ekwensi.

Blasphemy!!! shocked angry sad

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 21, 2015
meenagiggs:
El-Nathan John aka El-Joe was my course mate in Uni. I dare say that given half the oppurtunity that Chimamanda was given, he is a far better writer than she could ever hope to be.
A woman with a big ego is all I see.
A woman who thinks she is the be all and end all of writers and therefore should be worshipped.
She should give it a rest.
Lmao! Is writing now an opportunity?.
I thought it's all about exploring what you are made of.
What is stopping El-Nathan from dethroning her?
Abeg, stop hating.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by cococandy(f): 10:15pm On Mar 21, 2015
Bluetooth2:

It's obvious you did not read the write up or lack simple comprehension skills.
undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by BraniacX(m): 10:15pm On Mar 21, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Ofcourse you wouldn't. Judging from comments like yours, identifying the infamous ubiquity of featherbrained gyno-humanoids such as yourself is a stroll in a park.

Dude! undecided
That punch was low shocked
Below the belt kinda thingy
You a mean attack dawg grin
I like that
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Seaen(m): 10:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
Didn't this happen a while ago?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2015
Ishilove:

Or Achebe

Or Ekwensi.

She's a feminist and you don't expect most Nigerian men to like her.

They are typing out of prejudice just as a guy posted that Omotola is more of an African woman than Chimamanda on a thread.

SMH

10 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by cococandy(f): 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2015
koyyess:
One amusing thing about misogynists is the fact that they were once/or are presently 'boys' of feminists...hence the constant rants.

I don't think el is a misogynist sha.
At least not a die hard one if I may say
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by DonDiego(m): 10:20pm On Mar 21, 2015
meenagiggs:
El-Nathan John was my course mate in Uni. I dare say that given half the oppurtunity that Chimamanda was given, he is a far better writer than she could ever hope to be.
A woman with a big ego is all I see.
A woman who thinks she is the be all and end all of writers and therefore should be worshipped.
She should give it a rest.

And pray, who gave her the opportunity? She gave herself whatever it is you call an opportunity by working hard at her craft. In fact despite her current heights today, she still works hard at her craft. She even goes out of her way to teach and encourage other up and coming writers to work hard at theirs. It was in doing so she met Elnathan. Since you claim he was your course mate maybe you should be advising him to sit down more and work on his craft insteading of looking for controversies even where they ought not exist. Those of you who praise Elnathan so much about his talent even though he barely has any major work to his credit are not helping him at all. In the business that he finds himself, latent talent is nothing. It is your output that counts. On that score, he can't hold a candle to Adichie. He should create his own opportunity and allow his latent talent blossom.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by SpoiltVirgin: 10:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
Learn to mind your business on nairaland sis
FrancisTony:

What's this one saying? undecided

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Misogynist2014(m): 10:23pm On Mar 21, 2015
Ishilove:

Or Achebe

Or Ekwensi.

t
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by slap1(m): 10:23pm On Mar 21, 2015
So where did she "blast" Elnathan in this interview? The fact that Elnathan and Chimamanda are in the same sentence is enough exposure for the former which, I'm moved to believe, is an objective of this post.

7 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 21, 2015
Vickybee:

Other way round.

You guys aren't in a class with my handbag not to talk about breaking my heart. undecided
Are u comparing human beings with your bags? It wil soon occur to you at the night time that this umbrella you wield is a load.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Misogynist2014(m): 10:25pm On Mar 21, 2015
FrancisTony:

Apart from Wole Soyinka and Late Chinua Achebe, I don't know any other popular Nigerian writer. grin
Chukwuemeka Ike
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 21, 2015
cococandy:
undecided

This would have shown you the type of person she is. She addressed him as a student but being a student doesn't mean he deserves to be treated like some crap.

As far as I was concerned, if you choose to apply to a workshop that I am teaching, then you are a student like everyone else.

Being a student is different from being address as "one of my boys". Are you feeding him ? This attitude is not far from the "oga at the top" mentality. Typical Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by DonDiego(m): 10:27pm On Mar 21, 2015
CSTR:
What a nincompoop.
In a world where arrogant mediocres are celebrated, her so-called achievements are worth squat to me.
If she had the brains of more talented authors like ben okri and the likes, she'd probably demand to be worshipped.
Typical woman.

How many of Okri's books have you actually read? Because Okri won the Booker with that unreadable The Famished Road you now want to drop his name as the next Gabriel Garcia Marquez, huh? Yea, I know. Hate can make people react as you just did.

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Misogynist2014(m): 10:27pm On Mar 21, 2015
koyyess:
jtamjtgmjtjtpgmwtj
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by freecocoa(f): 10:31pm On Mar 21, 2015
This lady writes so well.

Had to smile at the shade on john's use of metaphor.

Still, I don't really think it was appropriate addressing him as one of her boys, I don't think their relationship got to the point she's trying make people see it from.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 21, 2015
When I see some so-called feminists ranting here on nairaland, I just get amused. See as that one wey call herself Vickybee dey like person wey no see garri to drink with her N250 sandals undecided
If you even check well, na man give am money to buy that cheap cloth and hand bag she dey pose with.
feminism my anus!

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by CSTR: 10:32pm On Mar 21, 2015
FrancisTony:

Ben okri is a local champion?
ha.
It shows how little you know and the kind of books you read.
Popularity is not neccessarily an indicator of superior talent.
We have many celebrated mediocres like chimamanda in various fields of endeavour todays.
Comparing chimamanda to soyinka and achebe with respect to talent is a crime that should be punishable by death.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 21, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Infamous ubiquity? What was that supposed to mean?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by ibro360(m): 10:36pm On Mar 21, 2015
this chimamanda thinks she's a goddess
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by timunstopable: 10:37pm On Mar 21, 2015
Who is elnathan

What is elnathan

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Emeralddd(f): 10:38pm On Mar 21, 2015
Well that's the Problem with so many! I see nothing demeaning in calling someone like dat a "boy" it all depends on how he sees it,isn't he male?and someone's son??at least he was'nt called a lady rather he Was called sometin that still depicts his masculinity...the guy shuld go aand rest joor! he is only using the young talented Chimamanda as a bait in his quest for fame![b][/b][/color][color=#770077]

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Chukwuemeka Ike
I don't know Chukwuemeka Ike.

Chimamanda is Nigerian current top writer at this moment.

Other notable mentions of people who rocked their generation are;

Wole Soyinka
Chinua Achebe
Cyprain Ekwensi and
Buchi Emecheta(female).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"365": A Novelette / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 85th Birthday: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Him / A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.