Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ (24231 Views)

Ubong Assam Delivers In Kidnappers’ Den / Kidnappers' Den In Omuma, Rivers, Discovered By Abia Police / Kidnappers Den Demolished In Nkporo, Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by Ishilove: 6:40pm On Mar 21, 2015

A room in the building

If residents of Omotedo, Oke-Afa area of Magboro in Ogun State had any inkling of the frightening activities going on in their area, they could not have imagined the extent of what was found in a shrine discovered by the police in the state on Sunday, March 15, 2015

In a commando-style operation, policemen from the Ibafo Division reinforced by more operatives from the Zone 2 Police Command, Onikan, Lagos, stormed the shrine.

Located about five minutes off the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, our correspondent visited the shrine and saw first-hand what could best be described as a dark grove which, no faint-hearted human being would dare enter.

The items recovered in the shrine include a framed photograph of a South-West governor.

A barely motorable road leads to the shrine from a newly constructed housing estate, which lies in contrast to the horror that lay beyond.

Jimoh at the entrance of one of the shrines

The building, which is shaded a little by some trees, has no door opening outwards. In fact, the entrance is fenced off to conceal whatever was going on inside.

There are six rooms inside the building, which was constructed with concrete blocks. But entering the room gives one immediate understanding that it was never built to be a residential building. Each of the six rooms in the building is fashioned into groves with figurines in each of them. Some of the figurines are so imposing that they tower above a human being. There are more shrines and altars outside the building but within the compound.

In the passage of the house, is an altar, which has been smeared with blood. Dry blood of different shades is noticeably splashed on the wall beside the altar. Surrounding the altar also are many bottles of Schnapps alcoholic drinks.

Divisional Police Officer of Ibafo, Mr. Salau Jimoh, a chief superintendent of police, who led the team of police operatives to the shrine explained that, by the time his men got to the scene, it had been abandoned by the users.

The police suspect that the shrine might have been used by kidnappers and fraudsters.

“By the look of things, the suspects must have been using the shrine for a long time,” Jimoh said.

The Baale (community head) of Omotedo, Chief Muftau Aremu-Sani, told Saturday PUNCH that he got a report from people who saw the strange activities going on in the vicinity of the compound and decided to alert the police.

He said, “I was shocked that something like this could be going on in my domain. I was told by people who see those who go in and out of the place that they might be either kidnappers or fraudsters and thought that only the police could handle the matter.

“People moving around the place could not have been easily noticed over the years since the place is a developing site visited often.”

Written on the wall of the shrine is a phone number, which investigation revealed was registered in the name, ‘Chairman Lemu.’ However, the case took a different twist when our correspondent dialed the phone number and a man, who answered the phone identified himself as Adewale Adetujoye.

He told our correspondent over the phone, “The place was never used by kidnappers or fraudsters. It was used as a shrine by a herbalist who used the place to practise his trade.

“I was the herbalist’s secretary. In fact this phone number belongs to him, I only retained it to receive calls from his customers because he has been taken abroad by his children after he took ill.

“I suspect the lie about the place being a kidnappers’ den was being circulated by the Baale of the area who wants to snatch the land from the herbalist.”

Adetujoye explained that the photograph of the South-West governor got there by mistake.

“Baba (the herbalist) wanted to put up a framed photograph of another governor but was bought the wrong governor’s photograph,” he said.

The Police Public Relations Officer in Ogun State, Mr. Muyiwa Adejobi, told Saturday PUNCH that from all indications, the shrine might have been used for rituals and by fraudsters who use the spiritual gimmicks to defraud victims in the past.

“Right now, we are working with relevant authorities to see to the possible demolition of the building,” Adejobi said.
http://www.punchng.com/feature/super-saturday-crime/framed-photograph-of-swest-gov-found-in-ogun-kidnappers-den/

undecided
Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 21, 2015
The rate at which Nigerians frown at anything traditional these days is alarming. Not at shrines are kidnapper's den. I'm not a traditionalist though but I think its dangerous for anyone practising Unorthodox religions in Nigeria cos someone can just see them and accuse them of being ritualists. The rest is history

19 Likes

Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by justi4jesu(f): 6:45pm On Mar 21, 2015
angry angry demolish it already!
Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by parzdor(m): 6:51pm On Mar 21, 2015
they no go see my facs
Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by Bonapart(m): 6:52pm On Mar 21, 2015
Nothing is hidden before God
Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by eyeview: 6:52pm On Mar 21, 2015
Its kidnappers den if it is in the south east or south south. The purpose is ransom. Anybody kidnapped in these areas can come back after a ransom.
If its in the south west,its a ritual kidnappers den. The purpose is diabolic human rituals. Anybody kidnapped here don't come back alive.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by Chimarto: 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
Ambiguous post

1 Like

Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by olas24u(f): 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
Harbioollah:
The rate at which Nigerians frown at anything traditional these days is alarming. Not at shrines are kidnapper's den. I'm not a traditionalist though but I think its dangerous for anyone practising Unorthodox religions in Nigeria cos someone can just see them and accuse them of being ritualists. The rest is history

They have embraced Arabic and white people,s religion ,and you are evil if you decide to follow your traditions

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by segzyj(m): 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
Chai....
Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by llawal: 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
Life
Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
Harbioollah:

Something I'd wrong with you angry

3 Likes

Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by steppin: 6:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
Framed picture of a south-west governor?
Maybe na their major customer. Who knows?
But which governor be that sef?

1 Like

Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by bunmioguns(m): 6:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
Why not just hit the nail on the head by giving us the name of the governor

3 Likes

Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
Hmnnnn....Yorubas and juju ehn! Na waooo

4 Likes

Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by mcmaurice20(m): 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2015
this is buharis fault, should it been he ruled well then this would av not happened.. sai jona till otuoke expires

1 Like

Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by yomalex(m): 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 21, 2015
Smell lies

A. Ondo
B. Ogun
C. Osun
D. Lagos
E. Oyo

A. Kidnappers den
B. Shrine
C. Robbers den
D. Cocaine den
E. Spare parts den

A. Opposition SW governor
B. Opposition SW senator
C. Opposition SW Legislator
D. Opposition SW Assembly member
E. None of the above
Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by 234GT(m): 7:14pm On Mar 21, 2015
Name the governor or its a lie!

1 Like

Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by mmmustapha(m): 7:17pm On Mar 21, 2015
must of these politicians sacrifice their love ones and when it come to religion they will be saying 'Jesus is my savour, I belong to Allah' hypocrisy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by onoja12: 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2015
My brother may God bless you,they attack traditional places of worship without respect,if we begin to attacked churches and mosque how would they take it

Harbioollah:

1 Like

Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 21, 2015
Using human being for ritual is becoming a routine if not a routine in the west,it high time they stop this attitude of using human being for ritual purposes.
Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by nduchucks: 7:40pm On Mar 21, 2015
The framed photogragh must be that of Fayose
Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by jacabi(m): 7:42pm On Mar 21, 2015
segzyj:
Chai....
There is God o!
Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by arsetalks(m): 7:47pm On Mar 21, 2015
I smile Fayose or Mimiko in all this. If it was APC governor, knowing the way PDP is desperate, they would have named the same governor.

No names been mentioned because it involves PDP governor. Fayose and Mimiko.

Quote me only if you want to have an educated argument with me. Call me a foool and you will be given a full dose of abuses. Promise.
Re: Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ by arsetalks(m): 7:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
bunmioguns:
Why not just hit the nail on the head by giving us the name of the governor
it is obvious it will affect someone's fortune in the next election.

Main reason it is not revealed by the police who are answererable to GEJ.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How A New Wife Was Almost Brutally Killed By A Movie Director In Benue. Photos / My Experience With An Atm Swindler / Car Snatchers Arrested With Over 150 Stolen Handsets In Anambra (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.