Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,235 members, 7,780,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:32 PM

Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? (23400 Views)

Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? / HELP!! How Can I Get Rid Of The Keloid Scar On My Head? / How Smoking Weed Affects Women's Vagina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by yahx(m): 8:15pm On Mar 21, 2015
GHow to Help a Friend Quit Smoking
Can I really help someone who is trying to quit? • How do I begin?
What can I do to help? • What other things can I do to help? • Gaining weight
Handling urges to smoke? • What if I get annoyed?
Do smokers have withdrawal symptoms?
Should I tell my friend it was pretty easy when I quit? • I've never smoked. Can I help?
I'm a smoker myself. Can I do anything?
What do I do if my friend starts smoking again?
How long do I need to help? • Resources • Links you can use
Can I really help someone who is trying to quit smoking?

Yes. Once a smoker has decided to quit, they are most likely to make it when friends and family give their help and support. If your friend hasn’t decided to quit yet, you can help them think of  reasons for quitting, set a target quit date and offer to help in any way you can.

How do I begin?

First of all, quitting is different for each smoker. So, ask your friend how you can be most helpful. This will show that you care and that you really want to help.

Maybe you've already tried to help someone and they weren't successful. That's okay. Remember you can be a big help, but it's not your fault if they aren’t successful this time.

What kinds of things can I do to help the smoker trying to quit?

Tell your friend that you think she can make it this time - even if she has tried to quit before and failed. In fact, most smokers have to "practice" quitting a few times before they quit for good.
For the first few days after the smoker quits, be ready to help. He may want to talk all the time or he may just want extra help when a tough situation comes up, like a coffee break, a party or after a meal.
Offer to call or visit to check on how she is doing. Ask how she's feeling, not just whether or not she's still not smoking.
No nagging, scolding or preaching - this just does not work. Instead, let him know how much you admire him for trying to quit.
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
Take him to SCOAN For Deliverance. Thats all!
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by MadCow1: 8:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
ololo12:
Yo! Bro that shit is addictive as cocain men! I been smoking that shit for years, until I decided to quit. Because shit was altering my mental state of mind. Damn! I don't ever wanna experience the weird mental state that shit puts my mind. It's like I got no control over my mind and soul, and some kinda spirit takes control my soul. That shit ain't for me no more

What is the addictive property in Cannabis Sativa?

I do understand you when you say its not for you and that it messes you up, because it does that to some people. However, weed contains no addictive properties. All that is it is a natural hallucinogen that has medicinal properties as well.

If you can't handle the high, that is a sign that you shouldn't be smoking weed, so Good decision on your part there.

[img]http://media1./media/MTMbQeaKfBxVC/200_s.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by blackjack21(m): 8:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
layinkakeem:
Talk some sense into him,
That weed destroys internal organ.
And kills slowly

[b]what in the name of Allah is wrong with people? Everyone idiot claiming professor.

And here, what do we have, a professor of internal organ research(if there is even anything like that) undecided angry

20:19:29
Sat, Mar 21, 2015
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by kikelomojessy(f): 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
He has been smoking for years and u dnt know? And now u know u cnt expect him to stop just right away.

My dear, first step, talk to him, telling him to quit smoking outside and with friends. I dnt know if he has a job, if he does let him know he cud be fired if he keeps having that smell allover him, if he dosnt hav a job, both of u can talk it out cos if he is busy he won't be smoking it so often.

Tell him u wud appreciate if he can just do only with cigarette and leave others.while smoking let him puff the smoke into the air and not on his clothes. Just try and bear with him, understand him, by God's strenght and grace he will quit.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by 9jaBloke: 8:24pm On Mar 21, 2015
chowlade:
undecided i pity ur condition, if u try 2 take weed frm him u r trying to take ur own life. hw did u ended up dating a guy smoking weed in d first place? if u can run away bf he gets u pregnant u better run cause any1 dat smokes dat shit r womanizer, lazyman, alcoholic, and wife beater at d end he wont b responsible 4 taking care of u and d kids.

once again run asap 4 ur lyf and listen to ur parent. i know d story is just a joke though.

Chai
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 21, 2015
United4lyf:
if my guys(NDLEA)gbag u you go know what's up.
mshewwwwww... I go wrap big kpoli 4 dem, make dem take cool down, gv their oga 1 packet of benson wen go letter dispatch dem
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
So much hate for the marijuana,these was how they killed jesus oh

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
succyreal:
Report him to the police let him be beaten and torture for some weeks after then tell them to warm him never to go near WEED again then he should be release.

Lol even the police takes weed
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 21, 2015
bjbukzy:
i once tot i cant do without it but since going to nysc camp in november, i ve not smoked or eaten weed. tho sometimes i feel so.weak.but i just channel my thoughts towards other tins

it seems dis nysc of a thing helped sha as i ve it in mind to be a good example to my students

Wow, That's good.
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 21, 2015
cutedidah:
Hey gal..sup with you? why trying to change him..R u d Holy spirit?? just commit him in Gods hand.

I'm doing that already
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 21, 2015
Ibime:
Is he doing well in life?

Is he achieving his goals?

If so, allow him to continue what he enjoys doing in his leisure time. I don't see why the world must end.

Its not about his goals or life achievements but I'm totally worried about the health implication of what he is doing.
Remember, Health is Wealth!
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by folamog(m): 8:38pm On Mar 21, 2015
Seriously, honestly, that thing nah spirit! And sadly I don't think you can by word of mouth, nah prayer, make God arrest am. From experience its only when a close friend of came in close contact with death while high on weed, that he finally gave up the thing.
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 21, 2015
Pimples:
he has to first be convinced of the need to stop
he has to avoid friends that encourage him to smoke
he has to gradually reduce his intake (to reduce withdrawal symptoms)
he has to ask for God's help. (don't underestimate prayers)

Thanks
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 21, 2015
IYANGBALI:
this got me cracking grin

Lol
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by tonquendo4u(m): 8:43pm On Mar 21, 2015
When will ladies learn to mind their own business? If u can't accept him like dt,gbawaa door. undecided

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 21, 2015
sauceny:
Snoop Lion & Wiz Khalifa smokes at least 20 wraps of weeds everyday...

But he is not Snoop Lion and Wiz Khalifa, he is Dele.
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 21, 2015
chowlade:
undecided i pity ur condition, if u try 2 take weed frm him u r trying to take ur own life. hw did u ended up dating a guy smoking weed in d first place? if u can run away bf he gets u pregnant u better run cause any1 dat smokes dat shit r womanizer, lazyman, alcoholic, and wife beater at d end he wont b responsible 4 taking care of u and d kids.

once again run asap 4 ur lyf and listen to ur parent. i know d story is just a joke though.

Sorry Miss. I'm happily married with a beautiful girl. See my profile for more details. Im trying to help my cousin brother.
Thanks.
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2015
K
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 21, 2015
SmartChoices:

Catered4 here's your answer....

Oh thanks SmartChioces.
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by sule5727: 8:48pm On Mar 21, 2015
Catered4:
A week ago, I smelled something like cigarette on him though I wasn't sure because I've never seen him smoke and he doent look like someone that smokes. As in, no trace of it in him. The smell was so strong that I was forced to ask him.

Me: Did you smoke?
Dele: No, why?
Me: Are you sure?
Dele: No I didn't
Me: But I smell something like cigarette in you
Dele: I didn't smoke

I was so convinced that he smoked but I had no strong evidence to prove that he smoked. The next day, in the afternoon precisely, I perceived that same smell on him which wasn't so in the morning. I was forced to ask again.

Me: You smoked today again. Don't even deny it.
Dele: *Speechless*
Me: I knew you smoked yesterday but I wasn't so sure of what I smelled in you. Today that same smell is on you and its so strong. So tell me, Do you smoke?
Dele: Yes but not cigarette.
Me: What?
Dele: Skunk (don't know if I got the spelling right)
Me: What's Skunk?
Dele: He explained though I didn't understand any of his explanation since I was hearing it for the first time.
Me: For how long have you been smoking Skunk?
Dele: For years. I wasn't like that before not until some circumstances pushed me into the street. Mumsy and everyone doesn't know I smoke. No one knows.
Me: Please I want you to stop smoking. I don't feel comfortable with smokers. How can I help you stop?
Dele: I'm not an addict. I can stop right away.

I was so happy that I thought it was that easy to stop. Right there I believed he had stopped smoking skunk. A day after our discussion, I saw him with something that looked like grinded grass or dry leaf wrapped in a small white nylon. I was so curious to know what it was, so I asked.

Me: What's this?
Dele: Thyme
Me: what kind of thyme is this?
Dele: Its Thailand Thyme. Its used in cooking soup and its also medicinal. When you use it to cook, you will like it.
Me: wow, I will like to try it. Can I have some?
Dele: (This time around, laughing out), its weed ooo.
Me: you mean Igbo?
Dele: Yes Igbo. Its also called Weed.
Me: (Not suspecting he smokes weed too) is it the same Igbo that is being mixed in hair creams?
Dele: Yes but not this one. If you want that one, I will get it for you. This one is being put into tea or chewed. Its medicinal.

Dele explained the medical benefits of taking weed (In tea or chewing). I never knew he smokes weed not until a day he went out with his friends, his eyes was bleeding blood like he was given blow in the eyes. His eye balls were out and scaring. This time around, I walked up to him and asked if he had been smoking and he said Yes. I was furious. He promised to stop smoking skunk but I was surprised when he told me it wasn't skunk this time around but weed. I was so down. He promised to stop again.

Just yesterday, I caught him smoking. He didn't know I was coming. I saw him smoking the white paper. I was heart broken. I was speechless. I ran inside. He came in, he knew I was angry but he didn't know what to say. Not long, he slept off. I searched d whole house. I found wraps of weed in a nylon. I also found some in the varandah under a chair. I threw them into the water closet and flushed them. I placed the wrapper closed to where he will see them. He woke up and saw the wrappers emptied. He asked and I told him I ate them all. He didn't believe but I insisted that I ate them all since that's what he likes doing too. Ever since then, I've been keeping to myself.

I want to help him stop his smoking habit. I don't want him to damage his health due to excessive smoking. I'm afraid if he continues this way, something bad might happen to his health.

Please fellow Nairalanders, I need him to quit smoking, how do I help him stop. Matured advice only.
Thank you.
you ve to take it easy with him nd followed him with care sit him down talk to him with matured mind! I smoke weed too bt my gl also dnt like me smoking bt she keep on talking to me with matured mind...guest wat happen today I'm a free smoker! Is nt easy for any one dat smoke to jst stop it immediately jst d way u wnt him to.
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by LongestDick: 8:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
Catered4:

Wow, That's good.

Just name a person who died of weed smoking
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by todayguest(m): 8:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
Nne, that thing wey you want stop they give guys inspiration and morale oooh. If the weed good for him body, that is, to chop well and dey agile for bed, no worry urself. If him eyes dey red, make him wear dark glasses. If him mouth dey smell, make use Tom Tom. If him body dey smell Igbo, him apply perfume. If YOU no like an Igbó guy, take a bow. No need to worry ursef over a spilt milk. My 2kobo.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2015
Akposkool:
Not everyone who smoke misbehave. Does he behave strangely like talking to himself or shouting without reason? Does he neglect his personal responsibilities, or lose focus in life? These are questions that I wanna ask. Because if he behaves normally and doesn't act like a street monger or fight anyhow, then I will advise you let him be. These persons take time to change, it can't happen in one day. If na cigarette e easy but skunk and weed, my sister leave am for God. Because if he smokes and still behaves normally, na God win

He behaves normally. What about the health implication of taking weed and skunk? So skunk is also as strong as weed?
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Exjoker(m): 8:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
What is KHIA going to say here
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by sule5727: 8:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
Catered4:
A week ago, I smelled something like cigarette on him though I wasn't sure because I've never seen him smoke and he doent look like someone that smokes. As in, no trace of it in him. The smell was so strong that I was forced to ask him.

Me: Did you smoke?
Dele: No, why?
Me: Are you sure?
Dele: No I didn't
Me: But I smell something like cigarette in you
Dele: I didn't smoke

I was so convinced that he smoked but I had no strong evidence to prove that he smoked. The next day, in the afternoon precisely, I perceived that same smell on him which wasn't so in the morning. I was forced to ask again.

Me: You smoked today again. Don't even deny it.
Dele: *Speechless*
Me: I knew you smoked yesterday but I wasn't so sure of what I smelled in you. Today that same smell is on you and its so strong. So tell me, Do you smoke?
Dele: Yes but not cigarette.
Me: What?
Dele: Skunk (don't know if I got the spelling right)
Me: What's Skunk?
Dele: He explained though I didn't understand any of his explanation since I was hearing it for the first time.
Me: For how long have you been smoking Skunk?
Dele: For years. I wasn't like that before not until some circumstances pushed me into the street. Mumsy and everyone doesn't know I smoke. No one knows.
Me: Please I want you to stop smoking. I don't feel comfortable with smokers. How can I help you stop?
Dele: I'm not an addict. I can stop right away.

I was so happy that I thought it was that easy to stop. Right there I believed he had stopped smoking skunk. A day after our discussion, I saw him with something that looked like grinded grass or dry leaf wrapped in a small white nylon. I was so curious to know what it was, so I asked.

Me: What's this?
Dele: Thyme
Me: what kind of thyme is this?
Dele: Its Thailand Thyme. Its used in cooking soup and its also medicinal. When you use it to cook, you will like it.
Me: wow, I will like to try it. Can I have some?
Dele: (This time around, laughing out), its weed ooo.
Me: you mean Igbo?
Dele: Yes Igbo. Its also called Weed.
Me: (Not suspecting he smokes weed too) is it the same Igbo that is being mixed in hair creams?
Dele: Yes but not this one. If you want that one, I will get it for you. This one is being put into tea or chewed. Its medicinal.

Dele explained the medical benefits of taking weed (In tea or chewing). I never knew he smokes weed not until a day he went out with his friends, his eyes was bleeding blood like he was given blow in the eyes. His eye balls were out and scaring. This time around, I walked up to him and asked if he had been smoking and he said Yes. I was furious. He promised to stop smoking skunk but I was surprised when he told me it wasn't skunk this time around but weed. I was so down. He promised to stop again.

Just yesterday, I caught him smoking. He didn't know I was coming. I saw him smoking the white paper. I was heart broken. I was speechless. I ran inside. He came in, he knew I was angry but he didn't know what to say. Not long, he slept off. I searched d whole house. I found wraps of weed in a nylon. I also found some in the varandah under a chair. I threw them into the water closet and flushed them. I placed the wrapper closed to where he will see them. He woke up and saw the wrappers emptied. He asked and I told him I ate them all. He didn't believe but I insisted that I ate them all since that's what he likes doing too. Ever since then, I've been keeping to myself.

I want to help him stop his smoking habit. I don't want him to damage his health due to excessive smoking. I'm afraid if he continues this way, something bad might happen to his health.

Please fellow Nairalanders, I need him to quit smoking, how do I help him stop. Matured advice only.
Thank you.
if he loves u and dnt wnt to miss u definitely he must stop it I love my woman dats y I stop!!! Good luck to u as u go abt it...

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 21, 2015
free2ryhme:

You can never change a man

If your parents don't smoke and abhor smoking what business do u have dating an igbo smoker

Never be equally yoken with an unbeliever

Sorry Mr. Our parents dont smoke weed. I'm equally yoked with an Igbo smoker because he is my blood. Thank you.
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by LongestDick: 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2015
Just answer this questions & i will stop smoking weed, i will also start telling people to stop doing weed.

What are the disadvantages of Marijuana ??
Why did 45 states out of the 50 states in America legalize weed ??
Why do doctors prescribe weed to their patients ??
Why did Barack Obama smoke weed when he wasn't the U.S president ??
Tell me just one person who died of weed smoking cool cool
If you can't answer any of these question, mehn, You are a bastard

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by sule5727: 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2015
steppin:

Sister, pele. Your bf is a junkie, he can't stop even if he wants to.
Just get yourself another Boyfriend.
who told u he cnt stop dat ur advice is a fallacy!!!
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by foxyac3(m): 9:00pm On Mar 21, 2015
Weed doesn't have side effect.... Ciga does.
OP if u can't smoke it,. Eat it.... Thank me later.
Doh I no dey smoke.
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by LongestDick: 9:00pm On Mar 21, 2015
Catered4:

He behaves normally. What about the health implication of taking weed and skunk? So skunk is also as strong as weed?

You're an ignorant fool.
Please, tell me the health implications of taking weed.
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by steppin: 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2015
sule5727:
who told u he cnt stop dat ur advice is a fallacy!!!
Stop him na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 / Former Nigerian Lesbian Narrates How She Got Cured In Kaduna / FG Begs Doctors, Nurses To Remain In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.