Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? (48242 Views)

3 Best Reasons Why An Android Phone Is Better Than An iPhone / Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? / What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by stanisbaratheon: 11:18pm On Mar 22, 2015
imsuboi:
Blaqbeauty, you're speaking out of ignorance.

OP, prior to when I got my iPhone5c by late June 2014, I used to be a blackberry fan boy.

There's nothing you would say to me to convince me an iPhone is better than a blackberry! Nothing o!

But since I got this device, I've been rolling. wink

Na battery life? E dey!
Processor speed? E dey!
Picture quality? E dey!
Music delivery (sound effects and all)? E dey!

Swag? E too plenty! grin

+ it's super easy to operate.
Anyone that can't use an iOS device is simply dull. Ultra, uber, super dull! undecided

Upgrading from any device you currently make use of to iOS, is like upgrading from driving a Keke(tricycle) to cruising in a gold plated Bugatti Veyron! (Yes I said it! Quote me anywhere)

[size=20pt]iOS is King cool
[/size]

you've not said anything

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by northpole1(m): 11:23pm On Mar 22, 2015
As an avid iOS and android user, i believe an iPhone is a device best enjoyed by those who are tech savvy and patient.. my iPhone 5 is currently running a jailbroken iOS 8.1.2 and it is awesome!!!
i have a lot of themes, tweaks and cydia apps. My airblue sharing app enables bluetooth functionality, i use a tweak called 'linktunes' to download free songs from itunes and a 'linkstore' tweak to download apps. springtomize, Ccbackground, zeppelin, spectral, barrel, iTransmission, icleaner, and alkaline to enhance my UI and overall user experience. iOS has less bugs and is really smooth.
i guess i will have to open a dedicated iOS thread later on. those with jailbroken devices should visit r/jailbreak on reddit. com to get updates on trends in the jailbreaking community.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 22, 2015
dsunmade:

Do you also have an Apple TV?

Yes I do, I have ALL Apple products except for the server.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by kalimera101: 11:41pm On Mar 22, 2015
tblackE61:

Same here bro! I use a iPhone 5s av change the ba3 3 times still yet it doesn't last! I tire bro! I also find it difficult upgrading my iOS

Abeg no vex.
How did you change the battery of your iPhone ?
I didn't know you can change it.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by redvektor(m): 11:46pm On Mar 22, 2015
barclays22:
If you can afford the two I will advice you get it , my own pros might be your cons , M8 is a good phone ,likewise the 5s but M8.sure does have a better battery and camera and if you are a geek , you can get to manipulate ur ways with the iPhone , I download music , share pictures and the Bluetooth works fine iPhone freak and crazy about HTC especially the One M8. And can't wait to lay my hands on the One M9 and iPhone 6 .Try get a 5s to check and see if you really want to have one .
boss what app do u use in sharing and receving music and video?
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by Jald007(m): 11:53pm On Mar 22, 2015
Why u dey lie like shekau like this.
You have HTC M8 and ignorant of basic features in IPhone?
Wait ur M8 no dey use internet ni abi u no fit Google
Na people like una dey run from debate and go believe anything wey den tell u grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by dazekid(m): 12:02am On Mar 23, 2015
luvlyoracle:
lg g2 aw much?
Location?

I never said it was for sale na oga
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:03am On Mar 23, 2015
Op my advice is simple. If u are ready to jailbreak ur iPhone, buy one. If u aren't, don't bother cos u won't really enjoy it in Nigeria without jail breaking it. Simple
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by marinxxx(m): 12:09am On Mar 23, 2015
Blackbeauty:
See how u just want to buy wahala!I was using an iphone 5 I got as a gift which I had to sell!I laugh at you in greek if after all I wil say,you still decide to get the 5s!.I'll start with the pros-1.it is a small cute phone.I love the design and size.
2.It is an overhyped and annoyingly overpriced phone which makes it command respect.You can't see jst anyone using it.when u are out and people will be like 'wow,you use an iphone?' And u say 'yep'( with u smiling internally),that's as good as it gets!
Cons-
1.You can't use bluetooth.you hear a nice song playing or u intend getting a picture.brother,you can't use bluetooth o!except its a transfer from iphone to iphone.now how many people wwud own an iphone where u work or sch?
2.You can't download songs,videos,pdf files...in fact anything from d internet.yes..so if u love free music don't bother!I remember I had to buy ed sheeran's bloodstream and thinking out loud songs from itunes for like 400 naira after d naira got devalued.the frustration I felt that day eh!
3.when u buy it,u can't just add your favourite songs o..u need the itunes app on ur pc to sync the songs into ur phone..if u r foolish enough to give it to slot guys to add songs for u,that's ur doom.The day u get your own itunes app on ur pc,all the previous songs and videos not synced with ur apple I'd will be wiped!
4.The appstore is the crappiest av seen after that of windows os..for files over 100mb,you wud need wifi or no download!you must upgrade to the latest ios 8 or you can't download some apps!once you are on ios 8,you can't downgrade it or jailbreak ur iphone!you see?
5.Many of the fun stuffs on it are better enjoyed in u.s eg hv u seen someone using imessage in nigeria?nada!
There are many more cons in buying an iphone..bt let me stop here!now the decision is yours to make.
dude u forgot the icloud shit to open an iphone that u dnt know d icloud email and password would take u morethan 30k......first day ah used iphone i was downloading songs and it was buffering and when ah finished ah looke for the songs ah couldnt see it...its only online ah could hear dem and in itunes u buy songs nt download y would anyone want an iphone..its an overrrated wackish fone

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by Gerrard59(m): 12:10am On Mar 23, 2015
Jald007:
Why u dey lie like shekau like this.
You have HTC M8 and ignorant of basic features in IPhone?
Wait ur M8 no dey use internet ni abi u no fit Google
Na people like una dey run from debate and go believe anything wey den tell u grin

I browsed the net. But didn't see anything or article from a Nigerian perspective. Where else if not Nairaland?

Next time doubt unnecessarily.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by dazekid(m): 12:10am On Mar 23, 2015
CityNG:
I used my 6+ on Smile WiFi and it worked flawlessly.

My unlocked 5s had issues on Glo data for some reason.

I had to constantly relog on to iCloud and there was no option for a hotspot.

Try to stretch up to a 6 if you can.

I'm completely pro Apple and have all their devices except for the server, yet.

So you have the Mac pro as well

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by CyberEBOLA(m): 12:14am On Mar 23, 2015
imsuboi:

OP, prior to when I got my iPhone5c by late June 2014, I used to be a blackberry fan boy.

There's nothing you would say to me to convince me an iPhone is better than a blackberry! Nothing o!

Na battery life? E dey!
Processor speed? E dey!
Picture quality? E dey!
Swag? E too plenty! grin

Anyone that can't use an iOS device is simply dull. Ultra, uber, super dull! undecided

Upgrading from any device you currently make use of to iOS, is like upgrading from driving a Keke(tricycle) to cruising in a gold plated Bugatti Veyron! (Yes I said it! Quote me anywhere)

[/size]
A former 2go master has spoken. Anyways Android rules.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by simdam500(m): 12:38am On Mar 23, 2015
Blackbeauty: See how u just want to buy wahala!I was using an iphone 5 I got as a gift which I had to sell!I laugh at you in greek if after all I wil say,you still decide to get the 5s!.I'll start with the pros-1.it is a small cute phone.I love the design and size.
2.It is an overhyped and annoyingly overpriced phone which makes it command respect.You can't see jst anyone using it.when u are out and people will be like 'wow,you use an iphone?' And u say 'yep'( with u smiling internally),that's as good as it gets!
Cons-
1.You can't use bluetooth.you hear a nice song playing or u intend getting a picture.brother,you can't use bluetooth o!except its a transfer from iphone to iphone.now how many people wwud own an iphone where u work or sch?
2.You can't download songs,videos,pdf files...in fact anything from d internet.yes..so if u love free music don't bother!I remember I had to buy ed sheeran's bloodstream and thinking out loud songs from itunes for like 400 naira after d naira got devalued.the frustration I felt that day eh!
3.when u buy it,u can't just add your favourite songs o..u need the itunes app on ur pc to sync the songs into ur phone..if u r foolish enough to give it to slot guys to add songs for u,that's ur doom.The day u get your own itunes app on ur pc,all the previous songs and videos not synced with ur apple I'd will be wiped!
4.The appstore is the crappiest av seen after that of windows os..for files over 100mb,you wud need wifi or no download!you must upgrade to the latest ios 8 or you can't download some apps!once you are on ios 8,you can't downgrade it or jailbreak ur iphone!you see?
5.Many of the fun stuffs on it are better enjoyed in u.s eg hv u seen someone using imessage in nigeria?nada!
There are many more cons in buying an iphone..bt let me stop here!now the decision is yours to make.

U did perfectly well! Infact u know much about the device...

Coming from a lady? Am impressed....

Op I got nothing to say... she said it all. all she said can only be understood if you've had an iPhone before....

Let just break it down. U don't need an iPhone if u don't have a p.c. I'll suggest u get a mac even but windows is alright too...

You need wifi to enjoy your device mostly...

The app store is beautiful as most app we see now are firstly released to ios before it comes down to android then BlackBerry and other store takes it...

Jailbreak doesn't even work perfectly well with mobile device except for ipod...

Their os.... presently os 8 like my sis above said is bliss with awesome interface but of course update is needed always cause bugs are fixed day by day....

Many more u will need to find out yourself op. But damn it, it worth it...

#teamSimplicity cc: generalgie can talk more of Icloud lock wahala

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 23, 2015
iPhones is simply the best you can ever get.. I'm currently an iphone 4, 5 and 6+ user.. YES! I use 3 iphones.. I like upgrading but hate selling my iphone (I sold all my other devices.. Bb, samsung s4 and s3) but aint selling my iphones because 1. iPhones commands respect! most people literarilly hide their bbs.. Samsungs, htcs when I bring out my iphone 5. Talkless of my gold plated iphone 6+.. 2. The Music experience with an iphone is simply awesome.. Second to none.. The clarity and all.. Use a dead earpiece with an iphone and it will seem u using the latest beats by dre..... 3. The picture quality.. 5MP of my iphone 4 is faaar better than 8MP or 16MP of any samsung I ever used.. Take it or leave it.. 4. The unique design and slim frame.. I could use one hand to take selfies with my iphones (but not 6+ that shit is huge) with just one hand.. Unlike Samsung galaxies.. I'm always uncomfortable taking selfies with em.. 5. iOS is simply just GREAT.. U don't need any third party launcher cos the inbuilt launcher, icons etc is just great! + all the basic apps u need is pre-installed. 6.Security!!!!.. No one on earth has ever been able to bypass iphone's lock like the passcode lock.. Icloud lock.. Activation.. Etc.. Also you don't have to worry about no antivirus cos the iOS is totally Virus free (until recently but the issue has been fixed with an OS update to version 8.12)...... 7.it doesn't get extremely HOT like androids.. 8..iphone fit make that gel wey dy form for u gree sharp sharp.. ....... But brother u need to own a laptop befor buying an iphone.. Cos most things u ll ever do.. U would need iTunes for them.. Unless u jailbreak it aand use 3rd party or unsigned apps from cydia!... That's my review of an iphone!.. Only pros.. No cons..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by harveyspec: 2:12am On Mar 23, 2015
popson1:
I think I need your help here. Please help a brother in dire need of your assistance. Pleaseeeee. I have an iPhone 6 plus and using the phone seamlessly as androids seems like a rocket science. Once again, thanks immensely.

Your request is ambiguous, what do u want?
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by Gerrard59(m): 2:19am On Mar 23, 2015
JohnnySarz:
iPhones is simply the best you can ever get.. I'm currently an iphone 4, 5 and 6+ user.. YES! I use 3 iphones.. I like upgrading but hate selling my iphone (I sold all my other devices.. Bb, samsung s4 and s3) but aint selling my iphones because 1. iPhones commands respect! most people literarilly hide their bbs.. Samsungs, htcs when I bring out my iphone 5. Talkless of my gold plated iphone 6+.. 2. The Music experience with an iphone is simply awesome.. Second to none.. The clarity and all.. Use a dead earpiece with an iphone and it will seem u using the latest beats by dre..... 3. The picture quality.. 5MP of my iphone 4 is faaar better than 8MP or 16MP of any samsung I ever used.. Take it or leave it.. 4. The unique design and slim frame.. I could use one hand to take selfies with my iphones (but not 6+ that shit is huge) with just one hand.. Unlike Samsung galaxies.. I'm always uncomfortable taking selfies with em.. 5. iOS is simply just GREAT.. U don't need any third party launcher cos the inbuilt launcher, icons etc is just great! + all the basic apps u need is pre-installed. 6.Security!!!!.. No one on earth has ever been able to bypass iphone's lock like the passcode lock.. Icloud lock.. Activation.. Etc.. Also you don't have to worry about no antivirus cos the iOS is totally Virus free (until recently but the issue has been fixed with an OS update to version 8.12)...... 7.it doesn't get extremely HOT like androids.. 8..iphone fit make that gel wey dy form for u gree sharp sharp.. ....... But brother u need to own a laptop befor buying an iphone.. Cos most things u ll ever do.. U would need iTunes for them.. Unless u jailbreak it aand use 3rd party or unsigned apps from cydia!... That's my review of an iphone!.. Only pros.. No cons..

Would a windows 8 powered Dell laptop be preferable or must it be a Mac?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:38am On Mar 23, 2015
dazekid:

So you have the Mac pro as well

I returned it and have the MacAir instead.

I enjoy 10-12 hours of power on battery. This is with use.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by Chuukwudi(m): 5:06am On Mar 23, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
if you really know an iPhone, you will know that NOTHING is restricted if you know your way around.... TEAM APPLE.... The phone is meant for smart people...

Don't dream of changing the IMEI of your IPhone, changing the boot logo, tweaking through recovery mode,band stuffs like that. I download paid apps for free, I can remove ads from any app, I can buy and use 64gig memory card but you can't. I can consult xda-developers, easily learn Android programming unlike ios. Very unpopular! Android rocks!
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by shegzy06(m): 6:19am On Mar 23, 2015
Blackbeauty:
See how u just want to buy wahala!I was using an iphone 5 I got as a gift which I had to sell!I laugh at you in greek if after all I wil say,you still decide to get the 5s!.I'll start with the pros-1.it is a small cute phone.I love the design and size.
Cons-

I love dis lady analysis....
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by holusormi(m): 7:13am On Mar 23, 2015
@op, let me attempt to educate you . My post is gonna be a bit lengthy but pls bear with me , iPhones matter usually makes me very emotional .
Personally I have used virtually all phones , used blackberry os 7, os 10, android up to sgs 4 and htc mytouch 4g ( when android still get value oo, no be when techno don rubbish am ) and believe me when I say the day I started using iPhones i dumped all my devices!! I started off with an iphone 5( chip unlocked), I moved to 5s and now am on 6 and God willing I'll buy the 6s and 7 when they are released!! Yeah call me an apple fanboy if you like angry

let me start with the cons , for me personally the only thing I hate about iphone is their battery life , the battery life is crappy ( although this might be limited to only me )but from what I observed on my previous 5 and 5s the batteries are just... Smh
The 6 battery is awesome though so you might want to get a 6

The second con is the data usage, the data usage can be easily controlled though, it's easy to switch off cellular data for individual applications so that shouldn't be an issue

Those are the only cons

The pros will be explained best by calling out that blackbeauty girl on all the blasphemy she typed
Firstly to really enjoy your iphone you have to be jailbroken , jailbreaking is to iphone as rooting is to android , just multiply the power of rooting by 10000099 , that's how powerful a jailbroken iphone is !!

You can use Bluetooth on an iphone contrary to popular opinion , there's a jailbreak application called AirBlue, it enables you to transfer and receive files via Bluetooth from other devices !!!

Instead of using iTunes to backup your phone and sync you can easily use appandora to do that, it's 1000090 times better and easier to use than iTunes and it doesn't sync your entire music library , you can easily transfer , pick and drop any music files you want from your phone to your computer !!

Thirdly it's a big fallacy that you can't download stuffs on your iphone , jailbreak makes that possible , you can download any and all types of files, just download Safari download manager and you can manage your uploads using safari upload enabler !!

And she even typed one rubbish saying the App Store is the crappiest she has ever seen, to this I say she was on iOS 6 , ios 7 and above has the most elegant app stores , just check it out abeg

About the buying of stuffs , that's not entirely true , many apps or even most apps are free to download , you only pay to remove ads and add extra functionality , the same way you do with android apps so I see no reason to shout , if you don't want ads , simply head over to Cydia ( jailbreak AppStore) and download adblocker or just switch off cellular data usage for the application.

iPhones are actually more user friendly and easier to understand than android , but it takes an intelligent individual to fully utilize an iphone , most people condemning iPhones are either not using it or like most youths too dumb and lazy to conduct a simple Google search to find a solution to any simple problem. ( don't be like them bro)

And on a final note
Jailbreak is a way of life, a culture, a respect for Earth & understanding.. It's not meant for everyone.. You have to feel the calling.
I've always said the iPhone is the greatest device on Earth.. It has changed our lives forever... and then I discovered jailbreaking & Cydia and life was blown away 1,000x's further!
Jailbreak4Life!

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by DOD1: 7:18am On Mar 23, 2015
Blackbeauty:
Cons-
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by holusormi(m): 7:27am On Mar 23, 2015
leofab:
cries of a novice; go and jail break your phone... Your phone is still in jail and is not free yet...

Coming from a woman, it's shows u smart,, I'll marry you if I ever see you !!! angry
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:32am On Mar 23, 2015
Chuukwudi:

Don't dream of changing the IMEI of your IPhone, changing the boot logo, tweaking through recovery mode,band stuffs like that. I download paid apps for free, I can remove ads from any app, I can buy and use 64gig memory card but you can't. I can consult xda-developers, easily learn Android programming unlike ios. Very unpopular! Android rocks!
did you know apple now has an online tutorial class to teach those interested iOS programming and software developement? Besides even befor this ws made public, on the appstore, there's always been apps made by Nigerians there so tell me...... How did they get to do that? By being smart..... All u need do is understand how an OS works and have an idea of the programming language which you keep toying around with till you get it right.... I also download paid apps for free.. I'm right now using a browsing tweak( cnt say what network or hw I did it to avoid gettn it blocked) so dnt nid to change my IMEI.... Like I said, you need to be smart to Use an apple device to know its hidden godmode....

I'm nigerian but have U ever wondered why majority of americans Use apple devices?

Because the average american Is Very smart and knows alot when it comes to technology....
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:34am On Mar 23, 2015
Chuukwudi:

did you know apple now has an online tutorial class to teach those interested iOS programming and software developement? Besides even befor this ws made public, on the appstore, there's always been apps made by Nigerians there so tell me...... How did they get to do that? By being smart..... All u need do is understand how an OS works and have an idea of the programming language which you keep toying around with till you get it right.... I also download paid apps for free.. I'm right now using a browsing tweak( cnt say what network or hw I did it to avoid gettn it blocked) so dnt nid to change my IMEI.... Like I said, you need to be smart to Use an apple device to know its hidden godmode....

I'm nigerian but have U ever wondered why majority of americans Use apple devices?

Because the average american Is Very smart and knows alot when it comes to technology....

P.S.
Why would I wanna change the boot logo of my iPhone?? The apple boot logo is awesome and cool.... abeg I love my boot logo.....
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by khayc(m): 7:38am On Mar 23, 2015
Never seen any post so correct, and yet coming from a female folk, I am mega impressed as in still in shock... Even detailing ios version capabilities.

You are most likely a geek. I am sure of that.

Blackbeauty:
Cons-
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by Yehman(m): 8:37am On Mar 23, 2015
Gerrard59:
I intend purchasing an Iphone, preferably 5s. I would like to ask Nairalanders who own, owned an Iphone or any Apple device to please give me a run down of how an Apple device work in a Nigerian environment.

Does network capability/signal matter a lot?

To fully utilize the features and functions in it,does it ALWAYS require internet connection?

The battery strength? ( 5s owners are more needed here)

Read and heard about its limitations such as Bluetooth pairing with non-Apple devices. Does it allow for a Bluetooth pairing with say, HTC_ONE_M8?

What about WIFI, HOTSPOT? Tethers with a non-mac computer, Android devices?

The OS, how user friendly? Are most of the apps PAID FOR/BOUGHT? I know it has less free apps compared to Android, but will everything be buy buy buy. For instance a basic app like Whatsapp was at a point under the paid app category.

I currently use the HTC ONE M8, not leaving Android in the near future, but would love to use the Iphone 'cos of

* The design. One of the most beautiful phones I have ever seen. A reason I got the HTC.

* The exclusivity of it, rarely seen. It is a statement . Just like the HTC too.

* To enjoy and have a feel of the IOS. and many more.

Ironically, I was one of Apple biggest haters grin, criticised the price, prison-like limitations, warranty status { Slot is not helping matters}. And which network is more suitable for it? LTE things.

I would appreciate positive comments and constructive criticisms.

As for me, i-phone remains the best phone I ve ever used. Just that most i-phone users in Nigeria lacks the know-how of operating i-phone. But, for more efficient use, get a laptop and download apps like i-tunes, i-tools etc. That's would enable u transfer data, files, pics and what have u via ur i-phone.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by viruz007(m): 8:37am On Mar 23, 2015
Dear OP,

The iPhone devices Bluetooth are best used for pairing for speakers when u want to play ur sound through them.

An iPhone is nice to use though am still grounded as an Android fanboy though am typing this from my iPad (here Apple has no rival). There are tons of free apps and if you follow some apple articles on Flipboard u will notice the day some developers are giving out their apps for free.yes you can hotspot, for those who had challenges doing it, tis cuz u did not create an APN for it hence why it's grayed out.

iMessage and FaceTime is something i love about iOS and it's security is way better than Whatsapp and BBM (culled that from a security article). An iDevice is really really enjoyable when u jailbreak but my advice to you is thAt if you want it and can afford it, go for it.

For those saying you can't download PDF or videos with an iDevice, na wa ooo. If you use Safari browser and google a pdf device wnd it loads in safari, u will see a pop up asking if you want to open in iBooks, adobe Reader if you have. All my psfs on my ipad i mostly downloaded. As for videos there are many youtube video pulling apps that u can use. The simple truth is that you have not searched the app store for what you want.

Also gaming on an iDevice especially the iPad, android dey learn for there.

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by bamite(m): 9:20am On Mar 23, 2015
imsuboi:

Na battery life? E dey!
Processor speed? E dey!
Picture quality? E dey!
Swag? E too plenty! grin

[/size]
i guess its you thats dull, u're not considering the major aspects like usage of data, free downloads of files, easy sharing of files between fones etc, instead u're blabbing of how fine the fone looks and music quality.. Charcoal calling snow black is what you are.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by 07035287601: 10:24am On Mar 23, 2015
iPhone 5s is a unique phone
1. to downlOAD videos, music onlinet u will jailbreak the phone, and download aDownloader. this app allow u to download music, videos on line
2. with the help of Celeste Bluetooth/ Airblue sharing u will be able to send files to any brand of phone e.g Nokia, tecno, samsung.etc
3. the bathery lifespan is ok
4. there are very vital apps (free apps) on store to download
5. iphone 5s is very rugged
6. itunes is very complicated, but there are other softwares u can use eg...ifunbox, itools...very easy to use..i will recommend ifunbox for u coss thats what my mum use to pit latest music in her phone.

cons....APple gadgets are products that are not design for third party application...but if u jailreak d phone will be open to virus
2. it also consume alot of data, if u are using safari browser...it will be adviseable to download opera browser
3.anything that makes u to forget ur passcode, bro u must restore.
....if u nid any vital info u can call me..07035287601

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN / Olla V9 Pro Unboxing & Review - N32,000 Budget Phone With A Punch-hole (photos) / I Bought This FIL Power Bank That Look Like A Phone Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.