Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

What did God actually say here ???( proof ) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What did God actually say here ???( proof ) (1408 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / ....! / Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 22, 2015
When Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit,
why did God lie about what the outcome
would be (Genesis 2:17),9 while the serpent
told the truth (Genesis 3:5,22)?

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil..
Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Now the Question is why did God lie to his creation that they will die when they will actually not die ?? God never told Adam and eve about the Tree of life. Why ??
Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by braine(m): 12:49am On Mar 22, 2015
God doesn't "lie." although the story is complicated.

2 Likes

Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by delishpot: 12:53am On Mar 22, 2015
Their supernatural ability to live for ever died that day.

6 Likes

Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by ExpertNosa(m): 12:55am On Mar 22, 2015
It was not physical death
It was the super natural ability for man to live forever

4 Likes

Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by iduzebaba(m): 1:03am On Mar 22, 2015
we are practically living dead, depends on d way u look at it.
Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by Nobody: 1:17am On Mar 22, 2015
go school, you no gree.
you don't sabi how to ask question sef!

the devil is a master of deceit and illusions, he can make you see and believe what you desire. that was the case of Eve. the death over there was a spiritual death... ofcos they were chased out of the Garden, and into the world of chaos and all manner of ills.

2 Likes

Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by pinkycute(f): 1:27am On Mar 22, 2015
Those above me, has said it all....
Congrats guys!!....
Nice reply...

@Op, never use the word "lie" to describe your creator our God Almighty.... Rather say, You don't understand

4 Likes

Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by redcap: 3:12am On Mar 22, 2015
Bible scholars should help in critical analysis of these verses.they actually got me thinking for some times.
CC. Pastorkuns,image360
Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by ige101(m): 3:57am On Mar 22, 2015
Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by Sanchez01: 6:06am On Mar 22, 2015
God's plan for man was to keep him close for eternity. When He said 'Let us make man...' A God-like being in a humus (sand) was made. The man was to, by authority 'rule' over all creatures both great and small and the Bible recorded that God visited man in the garden in the cool of the day. It was meant to be a God-kind of fellowship but this did not last as the 'death' God mentioned came to play. Man was cut off from God in the spiritual realm, and the Holy Spirit which hovered on the face of the deep became exclusive to a few in the Old Testament.

Man died, not in the way he expected and he lost his place.
Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 22, 2015
If you are not living according to Gen.1:28, you're as good as dead
Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by sinkhole: 7:58am On Mar 22, 2015
Nobody wants to use that word "lie" in respect of "God" I see human ego here! @OP, I congratulate you for asking this daring question.
I have been in church and people asked questions similar to this but to my chagrin, the person answering will dance around the question using words such as "do not question God", "our God can not lie", etc.

2 Likes

Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by Aizenosa(m): 8:17am On Mar 22, 2015
When God meant die it meant that they aren't going to live forever according to God's original plan, Adam couldn't last a day in God's sight which 1000 years so 1st i have explained that to u, secondly when they ate the forbidden fruit they lost that bond and relationship with God and if u read well God always visited them on daily basis in the garden, from that day onward they lost that, lastly, Adam actually died as God said because he died morally, he became aware of sin around him that is how they noticed they were naked, so God didn't lie, and much more proof is seen in the words of Christ when He said that those who accept Him are not condenmed, but those who do not accept Him are condenmed already.
Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by Kay17: 11:25am On Mar 22, 2015
delishpot:
Their supernatural ability to live for ever died that day.

It was not suggested anywhere earlier in the Genesis, that Adam and Eve were immortal, hence there is no reason to believe they lost a supernatural right to eternal life in the first place

1 Like

Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by Kay17: 11:27am On Mar 22, 2015
Aizenosa:
When God meant die it meant that they aren't going to live forever according to God's original plan, Adam couldn't last a day in God's sight which 1000 years so 1st i have explained that to u, secondly when they ate the forbidden fruit they lost that bond and relationship with God and if u read well God always visited them on daily basis in the garden, from that day onward they lost that, lastly, Adam actually died as God said because he died morally, he became aware of sin around him that is how they noticed they were naked, so God didn't lie, and much more proof is seen in the words of Christ when He said that those who accept Him are not condenmed, but those who do not accept Him are condenmed already.

It would be quite convenient if you are able to exactly point what biblical passage mentioned that.

1 Like

Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by delishpot: 1:32pm On Mar 22, 2015
Kay17:

It was not suggested anywhere earlier in the Genesis, that Adam and Eve were immortal, hence there is no reason to believe they lost a supernatural right to eternal life in the first place

ok, I am comming, ler me go read my bible again.
Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by Hiswordxray(m): 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2015
Iamsynord:
When Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit,
why did God lie about what the outcome
would be (Genesis 2:17),9 while the serpent
told the truth (Genesis 3:5,22)?

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil..
Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Now the Question is why did God lie to his creation that they will die when they will actually not die ?? God never told Adam and eve about the Tree of life. Why ??
God is a Spirit and when He speaks of death, He speaks of spiritual death.
Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by sammy187: 7:20pm On Mar 22, 2015
Saw this online, please what does it mean?

God is not a man, that he should lie
     - Numbers 23:19

And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the
     Lord have deceived that prophet.
     - Ezekiel 24:9
Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by Aizenosa(m): 7:30pm On Mar 22, 2015
Kay17:

It would be quite convenient if you are able to exactly point what biblical passage mentioned that.
Christians why do u keep saying show me in the bible, the bible says dis and dat, for the love of God, the word should be written in ur hearts, moreover its mere men who wrote these words, also and they specified that even the word written are not complete, that dey were written so that u might believe.
The problem with this generation is 2 things:
1. DAT u fear ur pastors more than God (pastor talk dis den he is right and never wrong, the word of God says even d most righteous man sinneth)

2. U carry a bible u don't read it yet u claim to have read it because u read one paragraph and u get sumtin den u believe dat u ontop of d world, foolish Christians (for those who fall into this category)

God says my people die (suffer) for lack of knowledge and wisdom.

May God open our spiritual eyes to know the difference between the physical and spiritual tins, its never enough to read the bible, instead digest it, meditate on it ask the Holy Spirit to teach u, practice it and lastly teach someone else.

Peace be with u
Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by wordcat(m): 8:27pm On Mar 22, 2015
Aizenosa:

If A day in God's sight is 1000 years,
Are u saying that it took God 1000yrs just to create Adam?

1 Like

Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by Aizenosa(m): 8:34pm On Mar 22, 2015
It could have but what God's time is not our time, its stated that a day in God's sight is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like a day, same also He created day and night but the bible explicitly said in some versions, God created dis and den day came and night came the 1st day and so on, so he alone defines time
Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by Thomsyne(m): 2:09am On Mar 23, 2015
Ok, my question is, were we supposed to remain dumb for life... not having the knowledge of good and evil?
Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by Kay17: 10:59am On Mar 23, 2015
Aizenosa:

Christians why do u keep saying show me in the bible, the bible says dis and dat, for the love of God, the word should be written in ur hearts, moreover its mere men who wrote these words, also and they specified that even the word written are not complete, that dey were written so that u might believe.
The problem with this generation is 2 things:
1. DAT u fear ur pastors more than God (pastor talk dis den he is right and never wrong, the word of God says even d most righteous man sinneth)

2. U carry a bible u don't read it yet u claim to have read it because u read one paragraph and u get sumtin den u believe dat u ontop of d world, foolish Christians (for those who fall into this category)

God says my people die (suffer) for lack of knowledge and wisdom.

May God open our spiritual eyes to know the difference between the physical and spiritual tins, its never enough to read the bible, instead digest it, meditate on it ask the Holy Spirit to teach u, practice it and lastly teach someone else.

Peace be with u

Such a convenient answer that evades all the questions.

1 Like

Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by Kay17: 11:05am On Mar 23, 2015
Aizenosa:
It could have but what God's time is not our time, its stated that a day in God's sight is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like a day, same also He created day and night but the bible explicitly said in some versions, God created dis and den day came and night came the 1st day and so on, so he alone defines time

Maybe the bible is false. since you can not adequately answer the pertinent questions without invoking dubious elements like holy spirit

1 Like

Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by Weah96: 11:20am On Mar 23, 2015
Only sincere people question the bible. The ones who try to stymie honest inquires are all full of deceit and lies.

1 Like

Re: What did God actually say here ???( proof ) by theunusualmoon(m): 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
God didn't tell them the fleeting pleasure they will enjoy but told them their end: death.
The devil didn't tell them thier end but told them the fleeting pleasure they will enjoy.

''Whilst a child cuts a tree,only the elders know where it will fall.''

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Genuine Response: Is This The Voice Of God? / God Hates Religion / Preconditions For Heaven Volume 1 [section D]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.