Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away (1729 Views)

DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? / How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? / Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by plaetton: 5:48am On Mar 22, 2015
Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed – Proverbs 19:17

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me – Matthew 25:35

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/03/18/homeless-saint-marys-cathedral-archdiocese-san-francisco-intentionally-drenched-water-sleeping/

1 Like

Re: And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by Nobody: 5:56am On Mar 22, 2015
Hmmm complicated...not as straightforward as op posted....
Re: And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by Nobody: 6:13am On Mar 22, 2015
SmartChoices:

If you understand what you and I read in english even in class 4, you will know that this is compression! and it simple means there is a reward for whom that has help the poor.
Re: And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by plaetton: 6:13am On Mar 22, 2015
SmartChoices:

How much more simple or complicated can it be for pouring water on homeless people to keep them away

Why don't you try spinning this , and to enlighten us more about this misunderstanding.

2 Likes

Re: And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by adexsimply(m): 7:32am On Mar 22, 2015
SmartChoices:
Complicated ? why not break it down?
Re: And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by Infomizer(m): 8:47am On Mar 22, 2015
The church messed up...But, let's see this as proof that they're run by humans capable of erring in decision making. My take.
Re: And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by dorox(m): 9:16am On Mar 22, 2015
Why should people blame the church for showering homeless people with 'holy water'? grin grin grin
On a serious note, the church should realise that by dropping its pretentions of being a charity they risk having less of a facade to hide their true nature.

2 Likes

Re: And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 22, 2015
freeboy604:

If you understand what you and I read in english even in class 4, you will know that this is compression! and it simple means there is a reward for whom that has help the poor.

Catholic Church offers humanitarian aid on an unprecedented level globally.... Hence the Church should not be seen in the light of wickedness... They help the poor. Note am not a Catholic

BTW its comprehension.....not compression!
Re: And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 22, 2015
Infomizer:
The church messed up...But, let's see this as proof that they're run by humans capable of erring in decision making. My take.

Gbam no need for further elucidation!
Re: And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by Ifeann(f): 1:00pm On Mar 22, 2015
plaetton:

Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed – Proverbs 19:17

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me – Matthew 25:35

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/03/18/homeless-saint-marys-cathedral-archdiocese-san-francisco-intentionally-drenched-water-sleeping/

[size=15pt]

U are not being entirely truthful,

A lot of homeless drug addicts sleep there and urinate, litter and drop needles for there drugs all over the place.

The sprinkler system was installed to wash away the needles and dirts into the gutters for easy removal.

U forgot to mention that that particular church has for years arranged housing for the homeless they can accommodate in church owned housing units as well as feeds hundreds of them each month.

The sprinkler system was removed when the homeless complained but the secular news folks still to propagate their agenda.

[/size]
Re: And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by plaetton: 1:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
Ifeann:

[size=15pt]

U are not being entirely truthful,

A lot of homeless drug addicts sleep there and urinate, litter and drop needles for there drugs all over the place.

The sprinkler system was installed to wash away the needles and dirts into the gutters for easy removal.

U forgot to mention that that particular church has for years arranged housing for the homeless they can accommodate in church owned housing units as well as feeds hundreds of them each month.

The sprinkler system was removed when the homeless complained but the secular news folks still to propagate their agenda.

[/size]
I didn't forget anything.
I posted the news as it was reported in more than 20 daily media in US and beyond.

The facts are the facts, irrespective of how you spin it.

No one disputes the charitable history of the church, but the undeniable facts are that the sprinkler system was put there to ward away the growing nuisance of the homeless people around the premises.

See you :
"The sprinkler system was put there to wash away the dirty needles".
When was the last time you used a sprinkler system to wash away needles and debri?
And... wash them away to where, if I may ask?
To your neighbor's yard

What a baloney!
I cant believe you would step up this sunday afternoon to economize truth just to defend what is clearly indefencable.

The good news is the church leaders are more sensible, because they have apologized for judgement error, without trying to rationalize their actions with baloneys.
Re: And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by Ifeann(f): 2:21pm On Mar 22, 2015
plaetton:

I didn't forget anything.
I posted the news as it was reported in more than 20 daily media in US and beyond.

The facts are the facts, irrespective of how you spin it.

No one disputes the charitable history of the church, but the undeniable facts are that the sprinkler system was put there to ward away the growing nuisance of the homeless people around the premises.

See you :
"The sprinkler system was put there to wash away the dirty needles".
When was the last time you used a sprinkler system to wash away needles and debri?
And... wash them away to where, if I may ask?
To your neighbor's yard

What a baloney!
I cant believe you would step up this sunday afternoon to economize truth just to defend what is clearly indefencable.

The good news is the church leaders are more sensible, because they have apologized for judgement error, without trying to rationalize their actions with baloneys.

I am not talking about the charity of the catholic church, that particular church provides accommodation for the homeless and feeds them. Why sprinkle water on them?.

I have seen the a video of the church premises as well as an interview with the priest and his story makes sense.

Before we spread half truths let's make sure of our information. Don't bear false witness.

Have a nice Sunday.

1 Like

Re: And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by plaetton: 2:54pm On Mar 22, 2015
Ifeann:

I am not talking about the charity of the catholic church, that particular church provides accommodation for the homeless and feeds them. Why sprinkle water on them?.

I have seen the a video of the church premises as well as an interview with the priest and his story makes sense.

Before we spread half truths let's make sure of our information. Don't bear false witness.

Have a nice Sunday.
And Btw my dear, the op is not so much about this particular church, but on the broader questions of what a church represents in christian message, and what it means to be a christian and Christ - like, especially amongst semi-primitive peoples of Nigeria who blindly bought this christianity package without first understanding it.

This type of incident occurs every sunday on the premises of many Nigerian psntecostal churches. I have witnessed first hand, as beggers and destitues are scorned, harrassed and chased away by holy Nigerians carrying their oversized bibles hurrying to take front seats for their 5hr church services.

Lets call a spade a spade, modern churchianity has little in common with christianity.
Particularly in Africa, evangelical churches are simply MONEY-SCAM CENTERS.

2 Likes

Re: And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by Ifeann(f): 3:51pm On Mar 22, 2015
plaetton:

And Btw my dear, the op is not so much about this particular church, but on the broader questions of what a church represents in christian message, and what it means to be a christian and Christ - like, especially amongst semi-primitive peoples of Nigeria who blindly bought this christianity package without first understanding it.

This type of incident occurs every sunday on the premises of many Nigerian psntecostal churches. I have witnessed first hand, as beggers and destitues are scorned, harrassed and chased away by holy Nigerians carrying their oversized bibles hurrying to take front seats for their 5hr church services.

Lets call a spade a spade, modern churchianity has little in common with christianity.
Particularly in Africa, evangelical churches are simply MONEY-SCAM CENTERS.

I see your point, though U have delved into an entirely different topic.... The church business in Africa.

Nigerian churches both catholic and pentecostal need serious reform. Charity and salvation seems to be totally forgotten especially amongst the prosperity and faith preachers.

Some nigerian preachers now almost teach prosperity as salvation and sowing seeds and tithe as charity.

But that American church in the OP is known to be very charitable and did not intend to punish the homeless however they are being unfairly judged. They have even apologised several times for not thinking about the unintended consequences of their decision.
smiley
Re: And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by Nobody: 1:39am On Mar 23, 2015
SmartChoices:

Catholic Church offers humanitarian aid on an unprecedented level globally.... Hence the Church should not be seen in the light of wickedness... They help the poor. Note am not a Catholic

BTW its comprehension.....not compression!

God? Willl decide
Re: And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by davien(m): 4:22am On Mar 23, 2015
Infomizer:
Wasn't it also humans that wrote the bible?

2 Likes

Re: And Jesus Wept,....as US Church Pours Water On Homeless People To Keep Them Away by Infomizer(m): 6:50am On Mar 23, 2015
davien:
Wasn't it also humans that wrote the bible?

My point exactly. It's not a perfect piece too, coming from quite a number of individuals with different concepts as to how other humans ought to live their lives.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Endtime Indeed!! First Church Of Lucifer Established. (photos) / 10 Things You Never Knew About Adam And Eve / Rccg House Fellowship Manual, Sunday 30th April,2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.