Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages (8677 Views)

Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year / What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) / Pictures From NYSC Orientation Camp In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages by ernesterioo(f): 12:20pm On Mar 22, 2015
Good morning guys.........hope your night
was sweet?
This morning I've put together some
groups you can function in during your
3weeks experience in NYSC orientation
camp and the advantages of joining any of
these groups.
1. Red Cross: I'm sure many of us are
already conversant with the duties of a
Red Cross member. Their major duty is to
administer first-aid treatment to people
that cannot keep up during the rigorous
exercises, parades and endurance
trekking.
2. Band Group: If you are very good at
beating of drums, singing, clapping,
playing trumpet, piano, flute e.t.c. then
this is the group for you. Also people
that can gyrate and ginger very well can
join this group. Persons in this group
have upper hand because they are
usually posted to nice places for their
PPA especially cities where event takes
place. They beat the drum during
Independence day parade and on special
celebrations in the state.
3. Sanitation: This group are in charge of
making sure hostels and the
surroundings are well taken care of and
they supervise the cleanliness award.
4. Doctors: These are usually fellow corpers
that studied medical related courses.
They usually assist the trained and
certified doctors in camp.
5. OBS Crew: Orientation Broadcasting
Service. As the name implies, they are
more like news broadcasters or radio
station. They give camp news, announce
missing items, report e.t.c When parade
and early morning exercise is going on,
most of the OBS crew members always
hide in their OBS canopy. Also in some
camps when the soldiers are chasing
people to the parade ground, those
persons with OBS tags are sometimes
allowed to stay behind. Because of the
high demand among corpers to join the
OBS crew, some camps usually hold
auditioning before you can become a
member. Note that this group is not
limited to only persons in mass
communication field. Any person can
join, and who knows maybe you might
just discover your hidden mass
communication talent when you join the
group.
These are some of the groups in camp and
they differ according to the state you are
posted to. They are some state camps that
have fire brigade, while some doesn't have.
So don't be surprise if you see a different
group that wasn't mentioned here in camp.
Please note: Even if you don't become a
member of any of these groups in camp,
doesn't mean that you won't be posted to a
good PPA(Place of Primary
Assignment).......Some persons are always
favoured when it comes to things like this.
If you know of any group that wasn't
mentioned here, please do well to mention

1 Like

Re: A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages by djmask(m): 12:30pm On Mar 22, 2015
OBS it is...been on my mind since day one.
Re: A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages by ernesterioo(f): 12:34pm On Mar 22, 2015
djmask:
OBS it is...been on my mind since day one.
me too bro, but the group too dey get influx of corp members wanting to join, am in for batch a 2015
Re: A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages by femility(m): 1:07pm On Mar 22, 2015
I play the saxophone,would gladly join the camp band when the time comes . Thanks op
Re: A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages by ernesterioo(f): 1:24pm On Mar 22, 2015
femility:
I play the saxophone,would gladly join the camp band when the time comes . Thanks op
God be with you
Re: A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages by djmask(m): 2:04pm On Mar 22, 2015
ernesterioo:
me too bro, but the group too dey get influx of corp members wanting to join, am in for batch a 2015
I heard the gist is to go early to camp.
Re: A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages by ernesterioo(f): 2:55pm On Mar 22, 2015
djmask:
I heard the gist is to go early to camp.
if dats d case, dis coming may 5th that camps open, na on the 3rd of may i go commot house
Re: A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages by Godbest(m): 5:53pm On Mar 22, 2015
please i have a question,
HOW CAN ONE BECOME A PLATOON LEADER , OR WHAT DOES IT TAKE FOR ONE TO BECOME A PLATOON LEADER DURING NYSC
Re: A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages by walemoney007(m): 7:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
Shey sex group no dey ni,wia we go dey phuck each oda for free

1 Like

Re: A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages by Phummiegold(f): 7:20am On Mar 24, 2015
Kitchen Group... Dats mai own target.
Re: A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages by ernesterioo(f): 10:12am On Mar 24, 2015
Phummiegold:
Kitchen Group... Dats mai own target.
you must like food be that, i pray we are posted to same place, we stick to you though to give me extra plates
Re: A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages by ernesterioo(f): 10:14am On Mar 24, 2015
Godbest:
please i have a question,
HOW CAN ONE BECOME A PLATOON LEADER , OR WHAT DOES IT TAKE FOR ONE TO BECOME A PLATOON LEADER DURING NYSC
brox platoon leader is a very stressful duty to do in camp but meanwhile if you like to be, just be up n doing as u guys will be divided into platoons, it like a politic thing, at times platoon members vote, lobby it, you might enter
Re: A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages by Herapal(m): 1:49am On Mar 25, 2015
ernesterioo:

if dats d case, dis coming may 5th that camps open, na on the 3rd of may i go commot house
OBS has been on my mind since 2013. The time is now!!! 2015 batch A
Re: A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages by Herapal(m): 1:53am On Mar 25, 2015
I read this same post (verbatim) last year on a blog.
Re: A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages by olamijerry: 2:31pm On Nov 05, 2015
Please I need a good information on Ekiti camp, and also the best group in Ekiti camp please someone should help and any info that can be of help to me cause I will be going to camp on 25th of this month thanks friends

(1) (Reply)

AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths / He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. / Delay In The Paynent Of October Federal Allowance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.