Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,485 members, 7,801,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

If There Was No Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If There Was No Religion (6692 Views)

I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! / Terrorism Has No Religion. / God Has No Religion. True Or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If There Was No Religion by noahklub: 1:09pm On Mar 22, 2015
On the other hand, not condemning or being an addict of any of them. Religion has helped tamed the monster in men/women all over.

Imagine if there was no religion in this present world?
How would it look like, how will you be living?
www.noahklub.
www.facebook.com/noahklub
Re: If There Was No Religion by Princecalm(m): 1:13pm On Mar 22, 2015
We would have been living 5n, for even Jesus Christ did not come to introduce any.

2 Likes

Re: If There Was No Religion by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 22, 2015
The whole world would b sin itself.. Judgement day for don come go by now..

But u have a point religion does ground ppl. N its like it sets rules n boundaries for ppl like a guideline to live better life .

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Religion by johnydon22(m): 1:16pm On Mar 22, 2015
noahklub:
On the other hand, not condemning or being an addict of any of them. Religion has helped tamed the monster in men/women all over.

Imagine if there was no religion in this present world?
How would it look like, how will you be living?

Yes if they was no religion the billions that died at the hands of the church accused of heresy, witchcraft and etc would have been been killed by you.

The terror islam is pouring on the world now would be happening right?

I am really seeing the taming of the monster in man religion tamed..

3 Likes

Re: If There Was No Religion by omototiadewa: 5:09pm On Mar 22, 2015
Hmmmm..without religion..let's take our present nigeria as sample
1. Ebo(sacrifice) would full everywhere
2.People would be eating each other with no remorse
3. U would just kill without feeling a thing
4. Der would b no church noise nor early morning shout from d nearby mosque(even though its wake up alarm for me)
5. Boko haram wouldn't b in existance
6. Missionaries for no come africa to stop slave trade
Etc
Well its just balance very good and very bad s d score of religion
Re: If There Was No Religion by omototiadewa: 5:13pm On Mar 22, 2015
johnydon22:

Yes if they was no religion the billions that died at the hands of the church accused of heresy, witchcraft and etc would have been been killed by you.

You dey vex gan o! Whatever s d case ders a reason 4ds whole religion thing. Abi ow we for know sai anybody lyk Jesus evr xisted or Muhammed (dats if both really did)
Re: If There Was No Religion by johnydon22(m): 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
omototiadewa:

You dey vex gan o! Whatever s d case ders a reason 4ds whole religion thing. Abi ow we know sai anybody lyk Jesus evr xisted or Muhammed (dats if both really did)
The existence of the character jesus is something that is still under research cus they isnt really much to suggest he existed.

But you cannot say religion tames people unless u urself cannot distinguish right from wrong without a book telling you or another persin telling you.

4 Likes

Re: If There Was No Religion by noahklub: 6:59pm On Mar 22, 2015
Princecalm:
We would have been living 5n, for even Jesus Christ did not come to introduce any.

Okay. If Jesus never started a religion how come his followers mandate that who ever wants to be in the kingdom of God must be like them(born again) even when you accept Jesus u would be expected to do some specific continually which now becomes religious.
Re: If There Was No Religion by noahklub: 7:14pm On Mar 22, 2015
johnydon22:

Okay maybe not taming to the extreme, just like the agbero or cultist who eventually surrenders his life to Jesus or Allah, the fellow eventully becomes calm, no longer will his former behaviour be found in him (@least not always) because he is now guided by doctrines. On the withcraft christian thing you talked about, what makes witchcraft bad or worth deserving of death? What makes you think I would kill them?
For the boko haram aspect, man is monsterous in nature (not always though) somepeople are volcanoes waiting to explode what they just need is for the button to be pressed and it bang!
Re: If There Was No Religion by Horus(m): 7:15pm On Mar 22, 2015
If there was no religion the world would have been living in peace

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Religion by noahklub: 7:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
johnydon22:

The existence of the character jesus is something that is still under research cus they isnt really much to suggest he existed.

But you cannot say religion tames people unless u urself cannot distinguish right from wrong with a book telling you or another persin telling you.

Thank you. Its an opinion anyway. And for the Jesus aspect and research I am curious also.
Re: If There Was No Religion by Horus(m): 7:18pm On Mar 22, 2015
noahklub:

Okay. If Jesus never started a religion how come his followers mandate that who ever wants to be in the kingdom of God must be like them(born again) even when you accept Jesus u would be expected to do some specific continually which now becomes religious.

He never started a religion, man started
Re: If There Was No Religion by noahklub: 7:23pm On Mar 22, 2015
Horus:

He never started a religion, man started

If man started religion truly, who was that man and for what reason, because whatever you see that exist that is creation of man just one(1) person brought up the idea an others would buy into it. So what made people to accept this whole idea that has spread across the entire earth?

2 Likes

Re: If There Was No Religion by Princecalm(m): 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2015
noahklub:

did Jesus ever say he came to bring Christianity or what do you understand by religion.

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Religion by mimijj(f): 10:34pm On Mar 23, 2015
No! Religion is the fall of man actually. When one is meant to think straight, act or attend to an issue, that person is now oblige by saome set of rediculous groups and laws. If the extremist of both religions are actually the ones who study thebook so deep and act after them, then sorry that's too bad. If there was no religion am sure will would have been better.

5 Likes

Re: If There Was No Religion by mmsen: 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2015
Religion is for foolish people who hate the responsibility that comes with thinking for oneself.

3 Likes

Re: If There Was No Religion by davien(m): 11:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
omototiadewa:
Okay

Sacrifices are an element of deity worship and african religion....so there won't be any sacrifice..

Apart from the fact that numerous religions promote cannibalism....cannibalism wouldn't be introduced in the soceity(given adequate food supply)...because it's actually been demonstrated as a non-productive element in soceities before and after ours..
So if you're looking after yourself you'd prefer not to consume your fellow humans given the overwhelming risk and little benefits.

This isn't true either....a non-religious society does not equate to lack of empathy..
Moreover we've actually seen the reverse where religion poisons the minds of sane people to commit atrocities(take Boko haram as a case study)

4. Der would b no church noise nor early morning shout from d nearby mosque(even though its wake up alarm for me)
So?...

It depends....on the religious side i'd agree but when it comes to rejection of foreign culture,that trait may still linger in some people...

Etc
It was actually the British rights movement that urged them to....

A strong movement emerged in 18th-century Britain to put an end to the buying and selling of human beings. This campaign to abolish the slave trade developed alongside international events such as the French Revolution, as well as retaliation by maroon communities, sporadic unrest, and individual acts of resistance from enslaved people in the British colonies.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/pathways/blackhistory/rights/abolition.htm

No it's not a balance....if it were then we'd have been experiencing the same events before institutionalized religion was introduced.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If There Was No Religion by davien(m): 11:25pm On Mar 23, 2015
noahklub:

If man started religion truly, who was that man and for what reason, because whatever you see that exist that is creation of man just one(1) person brought up the idea an others would buy into it. So what made people to accept this whole idea that has spread across the entire earth?
go read up on animism and anthropomorphism...

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Religion by Horus(m): 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
Religion is the cause for all or most of the pain and suffering on this planet. Religion is for drop outs. People hold on to religion, like a crutch because they can't make it any other way. With religion you stop being responsible for your own actions and blame someone else like God when it's something you like and the Devil when it's something you don't like.

4 Likes

Re: If There Was No Religion by noahklub: 10:42pm On Mar 24, 2015
omototiadewa:
Etc

All of the above reasonable, but for the number1 point I concur, tell me what is wrong with offering sacrifices (ebo)? If our fathers did offer sacrifices and God accepted it,why cannot we do same? Hear what the Bible says

Genesis 31:54
Then Jacob offered sacrifice upon the mount, and called his brethren to eat bread: and they did eat bread, and tarried all night in the mount.

Clear example of Jacob (Isreal), Moses, Aaron and so on
Re: If There Was No Religion by noahklub: 10:49pm On Mar 24, 2015
mmsen:
Religion is for foolish people who hate the responsibility that comes with thinking for oneself.

Which is the lifestyle of a typical Nigerian

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Religion by Horus(m): 9:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
A lot of Africans are Christians and Muslims worshipping Caucasian and Arab religion. You are looking at their races as good. You worship other than self and kind, and that’s bred into your DNA to keep you suppressed and not to transform. Religion is racism, it breeds racism.

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Religion by johnydon22(m): 8:21pm On Mar 26, 2015
grin

2 Likes

Re: If There Was No Religion by plsplspls: 8:40pm On Mar 26, 2015
Im gonna leave all the natural religious sentiment out and give a candid answer. IMHO, the world would be a much better place because peeps would finally be forced to THINK rationally. Human instinct tells us whats right and whats wrong. We would have a PROPER UNIVERSAL judiciary system.

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Religion by Misogynist2014(m): 9:11pm On Mar 26, 2015
johnydon22:
grin
You certainly haven't opened a Bible you entire life. Its like a film in which me and my sister made fun of a lady for saying 'mans' only for it to be correct. This is ironically one of the verses that make me accept Bible as divine inspiration.
Re: If There Was No Religion by johnydon22(m): 9:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You certainly haven't opened a Bible you entire life. Its like a film in which me and my sister made fun of a lady for saying 'mans' only for it to be correct. This is ironically one of the verses that make me accept Bible as divine inspiration.
Me? . . . . **sighs** Owk since you asserted i have never opened a bible, very good lets leave it that way to avoid more assumptions and straw man fallacy smiley

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Religion by Misogynist2014(m): 9:46pm On Mar 26, 2015
johnydon22:

Me? . . . . **sighs** Owk since you asserted i have never opened a bible, very good lets leave it that way to avoid more assumptions and straw man fallacy smiley
God planted a Garden out of the forests after creating man Gen 2:8, put man there and formed the replica of the animals He had formed, took it to man, who obviously could communicate with him for naming. Where is the contradiction?
Re: If There Was No Religion by johnydon22(m): 10:16pm On Mar 26, 2015
Misogynist2014:
God planted a Garden out of the forests after creating man Gen 2:8, put man there and formed the replica of the animals He had formed, took it to man, who obviously could communicate with him for naming. Where is the contradiction?

Lol and this explanation is according to who? you?
so he started all over making the animals to put in eden..

Now to be clear Both accounts are from two different authors.. the account in chapter is written by a scribe bible scholars call the yahweist because of his usage of "yahweh adonai" (lord God ) in his texts and his draft is much older than the first account in chapter one
The chapter oneaccount was written by a scribe scholars identify as the Priestly author, and is a more younger account than the chapter 2 account.
and it borrows heavily from the mesopotamian creation myth and his style of writing is different and his usage of "elohim" when referring to yahweh..

You all should always endevour to know more about the bible before trying so desperately to reconcile what you don't fully grasp.. smiley
Re: If There Was No Religion by Misogynist2014(m): 10:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol and this explanation is according to who? you?
so he started all over making the animals to put in eden..

Now to be clear Both accounts are from two different authors.. the account in chapter is written by a scribe bible scholars call the yahweist because of his usage of "yahweh adonai" (lord God ) in his texts and his draft is much older than the first account in chapter one
The chapter oneaccount was written by a scribe scholars identify as the Priestly author, and is a more younger account than the chapter 2 account.
and it borrows heavily from the mesopotamian creation myth and his style of writing is different and his usage of "elohim" when referring to yahweh..

You all should always endevour to know more about the bible before trying so desperately to reconcile what you don't fully grasp.. smiley
That to me is a needed digression, arguments on who wrote Genesis can never be won, so hold it constant, all we are all about is the animals. Like I said, God planted a special garden, there was life outside the garden, God was not as wise as you are to leave the extremely vast forests desolate, so He was foolish enough to form other animals, which required only that He SPOKE.

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Religion by johnydon22(m): 10:40pm On Mar 26, 2015
Misogynist2014:
That to me is a needed digression, arguments on who wrote Genesis can never be won, so hold it constant, all we are all about is the animals. Like I said, God planted a special garden, there was life outside the garden, God was not as wise as you are to leave the extremely vast forests desolate, so He was foolish enough to form other animals, which required only that He SPOKE.

Lol its not an argument bro smiley i wont even argue with you on who wrote the genesis you just need to visit here http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_creation_narrative and read to know all you need, wikipedia is one of the best encyclopedia in the world if not the best... Bible and historical scholars reached that consensus not me smiley

Tho it is night 10:38pm, i took the trouble of snapping a picture of the Explanation as given by the New Jerusalem bible.. now read it and read the wikipedia encyclopedia and you will see its no argument my bro.. smiley

So about reconcilling it, am not sure you would want to reconcile harry potter with lord of the rings..smiley

Re: If There Was No Religion by Misogynist2014(m): 10:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol its not an argument bro smiley i wont even argue with you on who wrote the genesis you just need to visit here http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_creation_narrative and read to know all you need, wikipedia is one of the best encyclopedia in the world if not the best... Bible and historical scholars reached that consensus not me smiley

Tho it is night 10:38pm, i took the trouble of snapping a picture of the Explanation as given by the New Jerusalem bible.. now read it and read the wikipedia encyclopedia and you will see its no argument my bro.. smiley

So about reconcilling it, am not sure you would want to reconcile harry potter with lord of the rings..smiley
What if more than one person wrote the book of genesis? Isn't it written, 'by the words of two or three a case can be judged'? At least, Glory be to God Almighty that the both do not contradict. The law was the only thing confirmed given to Moses, while a lot of the other texts confirms the account of genesis and its genealogies. As per our argument, thanks be to AMEN that you concur you are mistaken. That to me is a great gentlemanly attribute. smiley
Re: If There Was No Religion by johnydon22(m): 11:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
Misogynist2014:
What if more than one person wrote the book of genesis? Isn't it written, 'by the words of two or three a case can be judged'? At least, Glory be to God Almighty that the both do not contradict. The law was the only thing confirmed given to Moses, while a lot of the other texts confirms the account of genesis and its genealogies. As per our argument, thanks be to AMEN that you concur you are mistaken. That to me is a great gentlemanly attribute. smiley
Lolzz you definitely didnt get what i wrote..reconciling both accounts is like trying to reconcile Harry potter and Lord of the rings.. two different books.. The Contradiction is glaring, it is you that just choose to throw in your own fable in forgetting they are both different accounts by two different authors in two different times inspired by other more ancient creation myths. .. You don't really even argue these days. You more like apply more assumptions each passing day.. smiley

@bolded can you please point out or quote where i implied such, bro such straw man fallacy really pisses me off in an argument..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Preparing For Rapture ( PRAYER COLLECTIONS ) / Strange Tales From The Mortuary / Do Dead People Truly Appear To The Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.