Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,724 members, 7,802,185 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

If There Was No Religion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If There Was No Religion (6694 Views)

I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! / Terrorism Has No Religion. / God Has No Religion. True Or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If There Was No Religion by Misogynist2014(m): 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2015
DProDG:
_
You mean arctic circle doesn't belong to earth? Do you have any other question angry ?
Re: If There Was No Religion by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You mean arctic circle doesn't belong to earth? Do you have any other question angry ?
I like how rather than explain why Isaiah 40:22 claims the earth is a circle, you simply name a geographical location that has the word 'circle' in it. And no, I wasn't asking, I was TELLING you that your infallible bible got the shape of our planet wrong.

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Religion by johnydon22(m): 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
DProDG:

I like how rather than explain why Isaiah 40:22 claims the earth is a circle, you simply name a geographical location that has the word 'circle' in it. And no, I wasn't asking, I was TELLING you that your infallible bible got the shape of our planet wrong.
You even went to far by starting from isaiah.. undecided The absurdities began from the very chapter 1 of genesis grin

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Religion by Misogynist2014(m): 5:15pm On Mar 27, 2015
DProDG:

I think you lack simple english comprehension. Circle OF earth OR earth's circle . How does that translate to circular earth? Reason, please reason!!!!!!!!!! You are beginning to infuriate me. Any other?
Re: If There Was No Religion by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2015
Misogynist2014:
I think you lack simple english comprehension. Circle OF earth OR earth's circle . How does that translate to circular earth? Reason, please reason!!!!!!!!!! You are beginning to infuriate me. Any other?
How ironic, a creationist telling me to 'reason'. Speaking of 'English comprehension', it's funny that you, and apologist, apply modern grammar and linguistics to that of the bible.

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Religion by Misogynist2014(m): 5:42pm On Mar 27, 2015
I think there are lots of proof, why not give them to me?
DProDG:

How ironic, a creationist telling me to 'reason'. Speaking of 'English comprehension', it's funny that you, and apologist, apply modern grammar and linguistics to that of the bible.
Re: If There Was No Religion by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 27, 2015
Misogynist2014:
I think there are lots of proof, why not give them to me?
If by 'proof' you mean verses to cite, sure, but you don't expect me to go on when I got "Arctic Circle" as a reply to the first...
Here are a few I dug up...
Genesis 1:6
1 Chronicles 16:30
Daniel 4:10-11
Psalm 104:5

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Religion by Horus(m): 1:00am On Mar 28, 2015
Macelliot:

You and Johnydon22 seems to be confused....
If there was no religion, RACISM would have brought to the extinction of the Negros....
Religion has united People of different races than anything in the WHOLE WORLD.

Accepting an imported alien religion has killed our peoples minds!. Africans dont know the consequences of accepting an alien religion. If an African accepts Judaism and Christianity as his religion, he has accepted the Caucasian as his visible God. The same with Islam, if an African person accepts Al Islam and its many branches as his religion, then it accepts the Desert Arab as his God. That person cannot have power over, or be equal to the Caucasian, or Arab because here, the Caucasian and the Arab has been accepted as the superior power, and this is why trying to obtain liberty and equality in Caucasian or Arab religion or any alien religion is a CRUEL HOAX! If you look at all of the so called Holy Books that our people are into, they all portray the image of someone other than self. There is not a face of Black/African people of any of these imported religions. To divide Africans they have manipulated religion to an extent that it trains Africans to become mental slaves to Caucasians through Christianity and Arabs through Islam. Remember, you are the original people of the planet earth yet you are following another races view as to who or what god is according to them. That’s why Caucasians will make bible prophets white looking and Arabs will make their prophets look like their race.

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Religion by Macelliot(m): 7:31am On Mar 28, 2015
Horus:

Accepting an imported alien religion has killed our peoples minds!. Africans dont know the consequences of accepting an alien religion. If an African accepts Judaism and Christianity as his religion, he has accepted the Caucasian as his visible God. The same with Islam, if an African person accepts Al Islam and its many branches as his religion, then it accepts the Desert Arab as his God. That person cannot have power over, or be equal to the Caucasian, or Arab because here, the Caucasian and the Arab has been accepted as the superior power, and this is why trying to obtain liberty and equality in Caucasian or Arab religion or any alien religion is a CRUEL HOAX! If you look at all of the so called Holy Books that our people are into, they all portray the image of someone other than self. There is not a face of Black/African people of any of these imported religions. To divide Africans they have manipulated religion to an extent that it trains Africans to become mental slaves to Caucasians through Christianity and Arabs through Islam. Remember, you are the original people of the planet earth yet you are following another races view as to who or what god is according to them. That’s why Caucasians will make bible prophets white looking and Arabs will make their prophets look like their race.
Dumbie!
Who told you Islam and Christianity are white men Religion?
[quote]
Why are you quoting out of Topic?
I don't have the stress to type, I would have enlighten you.
Re: If There Was No Religion by Macelliot(m): 7:33am On Mar 28, 2015
Horus:

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Religion by johnydon22(m): 8:29am On Mar 28, 2015
Macelliot:

..lol..please where did christianity start? Africa? grin
and who brought christianity here in africa? aliens?

Please take my advice and dont engage on an argumemt that you will certainly get disgraced.. **my hands no deh am oo** cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If There Was No Religion by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 28, 2015
Macelliot:

Wow man, looks like you've got even more reading to do. Just google the origin of Christianity and Islam in Africa.

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Religion by Horus(m): 11:49pm On Mar 28, 2015
Macelliot:

Yes, Islam and Christianity are Arabs and Caucasians religions. We Africans created spirituality, not religion. The Arabs and Caucasians plagiarized African knowledge and African spirituality from us and gave it back to us in the form of religion. Africans were spiritual people, not religious people. You are confusing religion with spirituality. Religion and spirituality are opposed. Religion is the banana skin and spirituality is the banana. The misery in the world today is because religious people throw away the banana and are holding on to the skin. This is why the Koran and the Bible has failed more than any of the other books ever written. They are not spiritual books, they are simply religious books that have been created with plagiarized African spirituality, and this is why those two books are confusing and misunderstood by those who claim to follow them to the letter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If There Was No Religion by Nobody: 4:03am On Mar 29, 2015
If there was no religion we'd probably have inhabited another planet already (considering how religion has suppressed science for hundreds of years). Instead of donating to churches people would donate to charities. No one would kill another person because their religious beliefs didn't match.

Seems like a nice world to me.

4 Likes

Re: If There Was No Religion by macof(m): 9:49am On Apr 06, 2015
omototiadewa:
Hmmmm..without religion..let's take our present nigeria as sample
1. Ebo(sacrifice) would full everywhere
2.People would be eating each other with no remorse
3. U would just kill without feeling a thing
4. Der would b no church noise nor early morning shout from d nearby mosque(even though its wake up alarm for me)
5. Boko haram wouldn't b in existance
6. Missionaries for no come africa to stop slave trade
Etc
Well its just balance very good and very bad s d score of religion

before religion came to Nigeria people didn't place sacrifice everywhere, neither did we eat each other, or kill senselessly and emotionlessly
Missionaries didn't stop slave trade, their initial coming in fact facilitated it

2 Likes

Re: If There Was No Religion by isalegan2: 3:53pm On Apr 06, 2015
macof:

before religion came to Nigeria people didn't place sacrifice everywhere, neither did we eat each other, or kill senselessly and emotionlessly
Missionaries didn't stop slave trade, their initial coming in fact facilitated it

That post you responded to is one of the stupidest and most disturbing ones I've ever read on NL. What's wrong with (our?) people? Speechless.
Re: If There Was No Religion by omototiadewa: 11:58am On Apr 09, 2015
isalegan2:

That post you responded to is one of the stupidest and most disturbing ones I've ever read on NL. What's wrong with (our?) people? Speechless.

So who are you to determine which post is the most stupidest post? Everyman is entitled to his opinion.
Re: If There Was No Religion by davien(m): 12:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
Rainess:
If there was no religion we'd probably have inhabited another planet already (considering how religion has suppressed science for hundreds of years). Instead of donating to churches people would donate to charities. No one would kill another person because their religious beliefs didn't match.

Seems like a nice world to me.

This short video could have been reality...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6goNzXrmFs

2 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Chris To Be Awarded Dsc...doctor Of Science / Preparing For Rapture ( PRAYER COLLECTIONS ) / Do Dead People Truly Appear To The Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.