Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Destructive Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Destructive Dog (1933 Views)

Destructive Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Destructive Dog by Femi2Ranking(m): 7:07pm On Mar 22, 2015
I have this male caucasian of 8 months always walk him but my flowers he killed them now he is digging the ground he is very active how do i correct this behavior
Re: Destructive Dog by Prodeegee(m): 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2015
Femi2Ranking:
I have this male caucasian of 8 months always walk him but my flowers he killed them now he is digging the ground he is very active how do i correct this behavior

Bros u neva walk am reach! SIMPLE
Re: Destructive Dog by Femi2Ranking(m): 9:52pm On Mar 22, 2015
hehehe shu na to walk am to the end of the world
Re: Destructive Dog by Prodeegee(m): 9:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
Femi2Ranking:

When I have dog's like that, I begin morning walks...5am I go jog reach where dem no send me. Bliv me, the dog go sleep for thewhole day
Re: Destructive Dog by Femi2Ranking(m): 10:02pm On Mar 22, 2015
Thanks bro gonna start it
Re: Destructive Dog by deeptesting(m): 11:12pm On Mar 22, 2015
I will also suggest you try other behavorial management methods other than exercising the dog OVERLY. Like humans if over exercised the dog can give up the ghost or break down.. My neighbor lost his dog as a result of over exercising the dog.. You may also try and watch out to catch him on the act, although, it is no longer fashionable to hit a dog as a corrective measure the positive reinforcement takes a long time for the dog to understand what you actually want him/her to do.

This is also one reason why i am an advocate of obedience lesson at least teaching a dog some few basic command like: Stop, sit, come, up,stay etc. If the Dog understands "STOP" then if you can him on the act you can say "STOP" then reinforce her positive response,like i said this will take time and effort because it will automatically turn you to a Vigilante to catch him in the act repeatedly and reinforce his positive response.

Otherwise, if you can use the "HIT" method then give him/her a resounding slap IMMEDIATELY you can catch him on the act,timing is important in all of this because if you hit her after the act or before the act you are definitely sending a wrong message to him and will leave him more confuse. However, before adopting this method you must think deeply of the consequences of hitting a dog.
Re: Destructive Dog by Femi2Ranking(m): 11:28pm On Mar 22, 2015
deeptesting:
I will also suggest you try other behavorial management methods other than exercising the dog OVERLY. Like humans if over exercised the dog can give up the ghost or break down.. My neighbor lost his dog as a result of over exercising the dog.. You may also try and watch out to catch him on the act, although, it is no longer fashionable to hit a dog as a corrective measure the positive reinforcement takes a long time for the dog to understand what you actually want him/her to do.

This is also one reason why i am an advocate of obedience lesson at least teaching a dog some few basic command like: Stop, sit, come, up,stay etc. If the Dog understands "STOP" then if you can him on the act you can say "STOP" then reinforce her positive response,like i said this will take time and effort because it will automatically turn you to a Vigilante to catch him in the act repeatedly and reinforce his positive response.

Otherwise, if you can use the "HIT" method then give him/her a resounding slap IMMEDIATELY you can catch him on the act,timing is important in all of this because if you hit her after the act or before the act you are definitely sending a wrong message to him and will leave him more confuse. However, before adopting this method you must think deeply of the consequences of hitting a dog.

he does the digging at night when am asleep
Re: Destructive Dog by deeptesting(m): 11:39pm On Mar 22, 2015
Femi2Ranking:

Yes,that is the reason why i said it takes time and effort,i have a Caucasian almost same age with yours and she does the same thing. In fact mine will chew anything on sight to shrewd including clothes and shoes. I do exercise her and spend time with her daily so it is not a question of boredom but behavioral.. I had to sleep in my car in the compound to catch her in the act.

Once she is on her chewing spree i will appear from no where and say "STOP" with a loud voice in the middle of the night, O boy the dog almost turned me to mad person, the good thing is its my property and i live alone with no tenants otherwise someone would have surely questioned me. I did it for five days and she stopped. Now i have a very good dog bone which i keep on the ground for her chewing pleasure.
Re: Destructive Dog by Prodeegee(m): 8:08am On Mar 23, 2015
deeptesting:

Yes,that is the reason why i said it takes time and effort,i have a Caucasian almost same age with yours and she does the same thing. In fact mine will chew anything on sight to shrewd including clothes and shoes. I do exercise her and spend time with her daily so it is not a question of boredom but behavioral.. I had to sleep in my car in the compound to catch her in the act.

Once she is on her chewing spree i will appear from no where and say "STOP" with a loud voice in the middle of the night, O boy the dog almost turned me to mad person, the good thing is its my property and i live alone with no tenants otherwise someone would have surely questioned me. I did it for five days and she stopped. Now i have a very good dog bone which i keep on the ground for her chewing pleasure.

Lol...come and try it with my Caucasian or bb o pls. My boerboel even knows how to dig gently so you won't notice. She now sleeps in my room.
Re: Destructive Dog by Prodeegee(m): 8:10am On Mar 23, 2015
Femi2Ranking:

Just walk the baby....if she likes ball, play ball with her in the evening, you can do middle-man and make her run for the ball. At least when she's tired, she won't chase the ball anymore.

Lastly, buy her chew toys. But begin with chew bones. My dog finished chew bones in a day sha.
Re: Destructive Dog by aguizm(m): 6:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
Femi2Ranking:

From experience drag her to the spot and deep her face into the hole then beat her real hard with a belt, do this two to three times in a row and u will never see her digging the ground again. I know hitting of dogs ain't right but at a times its better to spoil the rod and spare the dog.

1 Like

Re: Destructive Dog by lacicrips(m): 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2015
He is stressed. Obviously.
Re: Destructive Dog by Prodeegee(m): 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2015
lacicrips:
He is stressed. Obviously.

Or confused
Re: Destructive Dog by Fabdedon(m): 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
aguizm:
From experience drag her to the spot and deep her face into the hole then beat her real hard with a belt, do this two to three times in a row and u will never see her digging the ground again. I know hitting of dogs ain't right but at a times its better to spoil the rod and spare the dog.
i have done this.. Or i would flog it at that spot of offence, now she avoid that spot
Re: Destructive Dog by lacicrips(m): 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
Fabdedon:
i have done this.. Or i would flog it at that spot of offence, now she avoid that spot
Please don't flog your dog. Not worth it.

Can I see a photo of the cutie, please?
Re: Destructive Dog by feedapet: 9:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
This will help.

Re: Destructive Dog by chucky234(m): 11:21pm On Apr 09, 2015
Femi2Ranking:
LMAO

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Take Care Of My Very Small Cat / Adult Female Brindle Boerboel / How Legit Is This Pics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.