Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse (3076 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by emtar(m): 12:21pm On Jan 19, 2009
Due trustless among spouse,some believe that to hide his/her is the right thing to do.

my little experience shows that thousand of spouse fall into this indiscipine act.

i would like to hear from spouse out there to share from them, merits and demerits associasted with it

thanks

emtar
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by ifyalways(f): 12:56pm On Jan 19, 2009
Its not bad but its not ggod either. cheesy tongue tongue
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by camry2008: 12:50pm On Jan 20, 2009
It depends on ur wife, if she is the type that realy loves u and want to stay with u, u can show her ur pay slip no matter the pay. but if she is agaracha, as soon as she find out that ur salary is not up to 200k per month. she will be doing out side runs grin
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by sparta(f): 9:36am On Jan 27, 2009
It can either be good or bad depends on who your spouse is. I know every little detail about my sweethearts pay from monthly salary to benefits and all., infact i run his account. We both work in financial institutions and for privacy sake he moves his cash into my custody. Infact when his ATM CARD expired for a while he moved all his funds into my account and i still manage the funds. Not just that i carry his atm card around and do most of his withdrawals for him. I have never touched a kobo without his permission and he respects me a lot for this. There is no amount he can not entrust into my care because he knows am not greedy and am content with my pay even tho its not even half of what he earns. He also has unrestricted acess to my funds too. If your spouse can prove him/herself worthy then its ok otherwise don't even think about it wink

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by jamace(m): 10:44am On Jan 30, 2009
Haba, how can you call yourselves husband and wife and you still hide your pay packages from one another? That is a very shaky marriage. I tell you, weevils will enter the seed of love and any moment , it shall be "to your tents oh Isreal". It is highly necessary to reveal pay packages to one another to forestall suspicion in the home, else, the home will become a[b] house[/b]. What God has joined together, let not pay package put assunder. I reject divorce for myself and my fellow NL in Jesus name. Amen!
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by LIMUEL(m): 4:38pm On Jan 30, 2009
In theory it is advisable to do so.
But that it is working for marriage A does not mean that it will work for Marriage B
Every marriage is unique
So you do what will fit yours
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by hotstuff06(f): 9:38pm On Jan 30, 2009
sparta:

It can either be good or bad depends on who your spouse is. I know every little detail about my sweethearts pay from monthly salary to benefits and all., infact i run his account. We both work in financial institutions and for privacy sake he moves his cash into my custody. Infact when his ATM CARD expired for a while he moved all his funds into my account and i still manage the funds. Not just that i carry his atm card around and do most of his withdrawals for him. I have never touched a kobo without his permission and he respects me a lot for this. There is no amount he can not entrust into my care because he knows am not greedy and am content with my pay even tho its not even half of what he earns. He also has unrestricted acess to my funds too. If your spouse can prove him/herself worthy then its ok otherwise don't even think about it wink

exactly, my hubby knows mine and i know his, we both have joint accounts and personal accounts, he knows what i make and i know his too. I even handle all our bills from mortgage, car, life and home insurance to medical bills and utility payments, I never touch a penny of his money and always ask if I need any fund from the joint account (Even though I dont need hsi signature to get funds). Its all about trust, if u can't trust one another with issues like this, there is bound to be trouble down the line.
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by jamace(m): 10:20pm On Jan 30, 2009
In theory it is advisable to do so.
But that it is working for marriage A does not mean that it will work for Marriage B
Every marriage is unique
So you do what will fit yours
The truth is that once there is disagreement on monetary matters in a home to the extent that couples conceal their pay packages from one another, that home is already a house. And once both partners are independent of each other , the marriage is finished. At best, both are only co-habiting.
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by Sissy3(f): 2:02am On Jan 31, 2009
well it depends on the status of the marriage, if it is in good terms why not? but then if things aren't good especially financial, i will keep it to myself.
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by jamace(m): 7:48am On Jan 31, 2009
My people, a home where husband and wife hide pay packages from one another is already a failed home. Only time will tell, that home will scatter or couple will only be bearing the name husband and wife but deep down within them, they are only managing themselves for the sake of the society. This could lead to mental and psychological torture. In fact, it could lead to infidelity on the side of both partners because both will look for where to take solace as the home has failed to provide the needed solace. Couples should be happy to contribute to the running of the home. It is not good for any partner to assume that it is the role of the other to take care of the home. If I may ask, what will the partner hidding his/her pay package use the money for? The essence of marriage is for a man and woman to live with somebody they really cherish in all it's ramifications. Therefore,my advice is that husband and wife should be open to one another so that they can enjoy their companionship.
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by LIMUEL(m): 8:41am On Jan 31, 2009
jamace:

The truth is that once there is disagreement on monetary matters in a home to the extent that couples conceal their pay packages from one another, that home is already a house. And once both partners are independent of each other , the marriage is finished. At best, both are only co-habiting.

May be you need to understand that we have a lot more houses than homes(As per your context)
We still have peaceful homes with undisclosed earnings.
It will amount to fallacy to conclude that where there is no disclosure, chaos will be the order of the home/house
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by JJYOU: 8:42am On Jan 31, 2009
jamace:

My people, a home where husband and wife hide pay packages from one another is already a failed home. Only time will tell, that home will scatter or couple will only be bearing the name husband and wife but deep down within them, they are only managing themselves for the sake of the society.  Couples should be This could lead to mental and psychological torture. In fact, it could lead to infidelity on the side of both partners because both will look for where to take solace as the home has failed to provide the needed solace.[/b]happy to contribute to the running of the home. [b]It is not good for any partner to assume that it is the role of the other to take care of the home. If I may ask, what will the partner hidding his/her pay package use the money for? The essence of marriage is for a man and woman to live with somebody they really cherish in all it's ramifications. Therefore,my advice is that  husband and wife should be open to one another so that they can enjoy their companionship.
the older generation must have been sick cos this was how they lived.  how come they had longer lasting meaningful relationships than this generation that even religion and prayers seems not to be helping keep healthy homes? make i go watch serena williams jor.

na salary be the fix all now. what will happen when they start paying others salary?
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by jamace(m): 9:06pm On Jan 31, 2009
The bottomline is that if couples hide pay packages from one another, then they are hiding a lot more of vital information from one another. God save that house.
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by Outstrip(f): 4:18am On Feb 02, 2009
JJYOU:

the older generation must have been sick cos this was how they lived. how come they had longer lasting meaningful relationships than this generation that even religion and prayers seems not to be helping keep healthy homes? make i go watch serena williams jor.

na salary be the fix all now. what will happen when they start paying others salary?

And that is why most of them become a liability in their old age. You smply cannot plan for the future when you do not know what you are planning with.
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by SeanT21(f): 6:43am On Feb 02, 2009
YES~~He is your husband.He should know~~!!
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by tayoast(m): 3:48pm On Feb 02, 2009
There is nothing bad in revealing ur salary package to ur spouse.

Go ahead and reveal if he wants to know.

It's the central account thing that pisses me off.
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by shope(m): 12:38pm On Feb 11, 2009
yes itz good
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by mogentle(m): 10:10am On Feb 12, 2009
Consider This:

A man put all he has in care of his wife for several years on trust and there was no problem.

Later, after many years, a rumour came up (with enough genuine pictures) that the man was dating another woman & even pregnant.The man denied it. But with a little confirmation from a wrong source, the woman went ahead and sold
the properties, withdrew the savings, and escaped with children(two) leaving the man on Zero level.

She only came back after some time to beg the man, that was when she met the said woman and she dicovered that the pregnant woman in the picture is her husband's friend's wife.

No be God save the man?
I beg run your family with wisdom
Human being is still human, not Angel. cool
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by Omolola1(f): 11:31am On Feb 12, 2009
it is not bad to reveal your salary package to your spouse,

afterall you are a couple!
Re: Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse by Afribiz(f): 12:05pm On Feb 12, 2009
All things being equal, couple are supposed to reveal their salary package to each other, but there are situations that warrant otherwise. For instance, is a lazy and greedy man who authorises his wife to always hand over her full salary to him, and to always update him of any increment.

It all depends on the couple and their understanding, but i must say, wisdom is a vital key to a successful marriage.

(1) (Reply)

Mouth Action In Marriage. Is It Proper? / PLS Help!My Daughter Chooses Food. / Should I Take My Baby Daddy Back Or Move On ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.