Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,178 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:15 AM

How Efficient Rugged And Reliable Camry 2002 (big Daddy) V6 Engine Is? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Efficient Rugged And Reliable Camry 2002 (big Daddy) V6 Engine Is? (3148 Views)

Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars / Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium / Recommended Spark Plugs For Toyota Camry 2002 V6 3.0L(BIG DADDY) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Efficient Rugged And Reliable Camry 2002 (big Daddy) V6 Engine Is? by desperatem(m): 10:13am On Mar 23, 2015
Please I need help in deciding whether to go for a camry big 2002 with a V6 engine. I saw a particular 2002 big daddy and it has all i want in a car. The only downside is that the car has a V6 engine and i heard V6 engine is bad, expensive to maintain, consumes a lot of fuel most especially in Honda accord 2003-2005 cars (EOD). Please how true is it because I am in love with that particular Camry 2002 (big daddy) i saw. Car gurus, your contributions would be appriciated. Thank you
Re: How Efficient Rugged And Reliable Camry 2002 (big Daddy) V6 Engine Is? by bravolad(m): 11:04am On Mar 23, 2015
Run away from any mechanic that discourages you from buying a V6. He has no business hold spanners. A V6 engine is rugged, durable and offers you a better performance in handling but with a decreased fuel economy. Apart from fuel economy, the difference in spare parts is insignificant. Get a competent mechanic to help you inspect the car, if it meets your specifications for a car, please, go ahead and pay & enjoy your driving experience.

Most of our mechanics learnt their work using 404 & 504 Peugeot, Mercedez Benz 190 etc and have refused to update their knowledge. The first thing they do to your car is to remove your Thermostat and connect your fan directly. Avoid them at all cost.

Read the owners' manual, ensure you service with the required engine oil, quality filter and recommended ATF.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: How Efficient Rugged And Reliable Camry 2002 (big Daddy) V6 Engine Is? by abidemidare: 5:00am On Mar 24, 2015
Don't mind him, Am using EOD V6 2004 model, mine doesn't consume fuel, I used N1500 fuel from egbeda to oshodi to and fro with A/C, I faced heavy traffic on my way back home in the evening and I got some fuel left, which I used from egbeda to igando with A/C to and fro the following day before topping it. V6 engine is so sweet to drive, u can not compare four plugs with V6. Comparing the two is like comparing LCD TV with 3D TV.

1 Like

Re: How Efficient Rugged And Reliable Camry 2002 (big Daddy) V6 Engine Is? by desperatem(m): 8:36pm On Mar 24, 2015
Wow! Thanks for the contributions. God bless you two.
Re: How Efficient Rugged And Reliable Camry 2002 (big Daddy) V6 Engine Is? by chucky234(m): 11:17am On Mar 25, 2015
desperatem:
Wow! Thanks for the contributions. God bless you two.
The only downside is that you will be bored of that Big for nothing in no time, the blandenss makes life a living hell.
Re: How Efficient Rugged And Reliable Camry 2002 (big Daddy) V6 Engine Is? by honmusa(m): 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2015
desperatem:
Please I need help in deciding whether to go for a camry big 2002 with a V6 engine. I saw a particular 2002 big daddy and it has all i want in a car. The only downside is that the car has a V6 engine and i heard V6 engine is bad, expensive to maintain, consumes a lot of fuel most especially in Honda accord 2003-2005 cars (EOD). Please how true is it because I am in love with that particular Camry 2002 (big daddy) i saw. Car gurus, your contributions would be appriciated. Thank you
If you will ever settle for Camry 2002 big daddy .pls avoid the I4 cylinder engine like plague , go for the v6 variant.
https://www.nairaland.com/1185689/toyota-camry-engine-stripped-head

(1) (Reply)

A Review Of Some Of The Cool Cars I Drove Lately....mercedes Benz C300. (Part 2) / Is This Naija Used Kia Rio Worth 500k?? / Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. …

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.