Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? (48753 Views)

He Moved Out Because I Used His N100,000 On MMM —wife / Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by naijaboyof4life(m): 8:14pm On Mar 26, 2015
Dolemite:

Do you believe your God controls nature or is it random like we atheists believe?

I believe God doesn't control nature but he put the laws of nature in place. Things like natural occurrences are a result of theses laws in place. God has the power to but he doesn't.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 4:16am On Mar 27, 2015
naijaboyof4life:

You say they from your personal view but it doesn't mean it is case. That is like saying married couples cheat after years of being together. It happens but it is not the majority.

Not all married straight couples cheat. I'd expect that cos they are married to the gender they are naturally attracted to. It isn't same for gay people in Nigeria. The pressure from all kinds of people and society forces us into getting married...to the opposite sex, which most times we aren't attracted to.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Dolemite(f): 6:53am On Mar 27, 2015
naijaboyof4life:

I believe God doesn't control nature but he put the laws of nature in place. Things like natural occurrences are a result of theses laws in place. God has the power to but he doesn't.

So by your own admission your God placed the occurrence of homosexuality in animals, because if God didn't put it, it would not not occur right? most things we deem violent in nature help foster the survival of a species but homo sex? and why didn't your God take it out of the equation completely to teach man that it is evil/unnatural etc.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by naijaboyof4life(m): 9:27am On Mar 28, 2015
masonkz:

Not all married straight couples cheat. I'd expect that cos they are married to the gender they are naturally attracted to. It isn't same for gay people in Nigeria. The pressure from all kinds of people and society forces us into getting married...to the opposite sex, which most times we aren't attracted to.

Cheating happens, doesn't matter the preference. That would mean that all the men and women that have cheated are gays? Cheating comes simply from not being satisfied.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by naijaboyof4life(m): 9:46am On Mar 28, 2015
Dolemite:

So by your own admission your God placed the occurrence of homosexuality in animals, because if God didn't put it, it would not not occur right? most things we deem violent in nature help foster the survival of a species but homo sex? and why didn't your God take it out of the equation completely to teach man that it is evil/unnatural etc.

My statement doesn't mean that God placed occurrence of homosexuality. I said God set the certain laws of Nature. Example of a natural law is mammal being able to procreate only sexually requiring one male and one female. Just like natural disasters, God didn't put it there but natural disaster are a result of nature laws when in conflict. Believe it or not, animals do have a certain level of consciousness. They know what they are doing. So it is not like they don't have power over their actions. It is a good thing that you brought up the survival of a species because one of the reason one atheist I met doesn't like homosexuality is because he said homosexuality doesn't in any way foster the survival of humans. It is just that religious people tend to use plainly beliefs. Saying that why didn't God remove it? Well it is a desire and believe it or not, it brings that idea of choice. Desire is one of the reasons why we are living breathing things and not robots. The same can be said about pain or death. If pain was removed , how would you know how to fit in other people's shoes. If death was removed, how would you learn to respect life.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 28, 2015
naijaboyof4life:

Cheating happens, doesn't matter the preference. That would mean that all the men and women that have cheated are gays? Cheating comes simply from not being satisfied.

You aren't getting my point. No need going further on this. Safe.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by kaboninc(m): 8:45pm On Mar 28, 2015
masonkz:

suppose your parents were gay....

would you be alive today?
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 28, 2015
kaboninc:

suppose your parents were gay....

would you be alive today?

And what's so special about being born into this world??

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Luchiana1(f): 10:51pm On Mar 28, 2015
masonkz:

there is a purpose for your life. Find out ds purpose nd u wd see dt its so special u r in ds world becos there is nobody as unique as u
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 28, 2015
Luchiana1:
there is a purpose for your life. Find out ds purpose nd u wd see dt its so special u r in ds world becos there is nobody as unique as u

Of course I'm unique, and the fact that I'm not the way some warped-minded people see me doesn't change that fact.

I'm living my dreams, what many people my age can only envy, and there's no where else to go but up.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by naijaboyof4life(m): 12:58am On Mar 29, 2015
masonkz:

You aren't getting my point. No need going further on this. Safe.

We are both not getting each other's point but same to you. Goodluck.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by kaboninc(m): 7:06am On Mar 29, 2015
masonkz:

You could as well end it...if you find nothing special.

Please, tell yourself the hard truth.

If your parents were gay, would you have been born?

If everyone or most couples today were gay, I tell you, there would have been serious threat to man's survival. You wouldn't have been alive.

It is not about being attracted to either sexes but keeping the human race.

Then again, why do you think the society abhors such union?
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 29, 2015
kaboninc:

You could as well end it...if you find nothing special.

Please, tell yourself the hard truth.

If your parents were gay, would you have been born?

If everyone or most couples today were gay, I tell you, there would have been serious threat to man's survival. You wouldn't have been alive.

It is not about being attracted to either sexes but keeping the human race.

Then again, why do you think the society abhors such union?

This your reasoning sha...

Everyone cannot be gay.

Everyone must not give birth (Lawd knows there are millions of people looking for kids)

If I wasn't born I wouldn't have any knowledge of this world, so why should I be worried about if my parents were gay or not??

You must be kidding to be worried about the world's population. Despite gay people being around, there is still the geometric growth of population.

Please, come up with something else. undecided

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by kaboninc(m): 9:19am On Mar 29, 2015
masonkz:

This your reasoning sha...

Everyone cannot be gay.

Everyone must not give birth (Lawd knows there are millions of people looking for kids)

If I wasn't born I wouldn't have any knowledge of this world, so why should I be worried about if my parents were gay or not??

You must be kidding to be worried about the world's population. Despite gay people being around, there is still the geometric growth of population.

Please, come up with something else. undecided

Like you do not care about the world's population. The world has also put in measures to check the growth of gay population, just like here in Nigeria.

if you weren't born, the world would have progressed towards being a better place...as your existence (by being gay) is a threat to its survival.

Millions out there want kid. Because they want to keep the race alive. Because they have a legacy and name to keep and protect. But you, you want to destroy it. You want to kill yours and by your action, put to threat this survival instinct of man through the very many as confused as you. So if you do not want kids, well, 24, you probably have better goals like marrying a man.

There's a reason they say you should consider doing that thing which you'd ordinary not tolerate. Have you wondered why the society abhors such union?

Probably having kids is not your dream. So you can continue having your affairs with men.

I know the feeling (us being wrong and you being correct). But someday, you'd be an advocate of anti-gay campaigns.

Life is all about surviving. Not affection. If you're a threat, you'd be taken off.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 29, 2015
kaboninc:

Like you do not care about the world's population. The world has also put in measures to check the growth of gay population, just like here in Nigeria.

if you weren't born, the world would have progressed towards being a better place...as your existence (by being gay) is a threat to its survival.

Millions out there want kid. Because they want to keep the race alive. Because they have a legacy and name to keep and protect. But you, you want to destroy it. You want to kill yours and by your action, put to threat this survival instinct of man through the very many as confused as you. So if you do not want kids, well, 24, you probably have better goals like marrying a man.

There's a reason they say you should consider doing that thing which you'd ordinary not tolerate. Have you wondered why the society abhors such union?

Probably having kids is not your dream. So you can continue having your affairs with men.

I know the feeling (us being wrong and you being correct). But someday, you'd be an advocate of anti-gay campaigns.

Life is all about surviving. Not affection. If you're a threat, you'd be taken off.

If you feel threatened, then have as much kids as you want. There's room for that. If you like you can have 20 kids, and they can in turn have 20 each. No one cares. Leave gay people alone. We don't threaten your existence, and if you think we do, then there's really something wrong with you.

Sheesh!

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by kaboninc(m): 10:48am On Mar 29, 2015
masonkz:

If you feel threatened, then have as much kids as you want. There's room for that. If you like you can have 20 kids, and they can in turn have 20 each. No one cares. Leave gay people alone. We don't threaten your existence, and if you think we do, then there's really something wrong with you.

Sheesh!

Like I said, you feel you're right and every other person is wrong.

I wonder how a young guy like you, with p.rick feel attracted to another guy.

Maybe you should start by telling us why?
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2015
kaboninc:

Like I said, you feel you're right and every other person is wrong.

I wonder how a young guy like you, with p.rick feel attracted to another guy.

Maybe you should start by telling us why?

Lol now you've switched gears?

I should start by telling you why because??

Dude, please you can unfollow this thread immediately. I never begged you to comment, neither am I after you. If you wanna know about me then go read my diary or read my posts from inception to date, if you are that bored.

Bye!

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by opensecret001: 1:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
masonkz:

i actually haven't told them about that yet, which is another reason I moved. I want to be at a safe zone when i do tell them eventually, and not be sent "parking".
masonkz...i dont think u av to tell ur parents u ar gay....d reactn may be killin....and u will still need family support one time or d oda...a ghanaian friend of mine almost committed suicide due to such vilificatn...u know d disposition towards such here in ds country....asexuality is better condoned.
wen d pressure begins to mount abt marriage etc and dey sense u dont av any interest....dey may jst find out systematically...and d rxn wil be milder
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by opensecret001: 1:17pm On Mar 29, 2015
.......and den dey may be willin to lend sime form of support even tho doesnt work
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by opensecret001: 1:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
masonkz:

Smh. And you think it's a status thing for one to be gay?? I'd blame this on your ignorance. smiley

No one chooses to be gay, especially not in a nation like the one we live in.

Thanks.
why do u keep explainin to pple.....u think dey wil eva undstand
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Steezz(m): 1:33pm On Mar 29, 2015
masonkz:

I'm not rich. Anyone holding a comfortable post in any of the multinationals should be able to afford a mini flat at Oniru and still live comfortably. Young people my age and less are living there, and other ok places in Lagos.

Thanks though.
Bruh pls do you have any idea how much a miniflat costs (including agency fees and all) in Oniru? Thinking of moving there soon. Cheers...and by the way it is very ok that you have moved out at the age of 24 cos it shows independence and maturity on your part. Nice one.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by beryl04(m): 2:44pm On Mar 29, 2015
yeah,thanks masonkz for once again ,successfully, pulling 2geda all the educated but yet bigoted illiterates of nairaland in a single post,bravooo!!!!

well-done bruv,u've really out-done yourself this time!
and boy u did good ,i know u don;t need the advice for u r a smart fellow,but good luck

i've been following from the sidelines .

and yeah,what's up with goshap these days undecided

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by kaboninc(m): 3:15pm On Mar 29, 2015
masonkz:

Lol now you've switched gears?

I should start by telling you why because??

Dude, please you can unfollow this thread immediately. I never begged you to comment, neither am I after you. If you wanna know about me then go read my diary or read my posts from inception to date, if you are that bored.

Bye!

You better stop behaving like a spoit child. A child refusing to suck breast milk.

There's a reason this place is called a Public Forum. And you can't tell who should or should not comment because u don't own it.

Forget your diary because if your 'problems' (I see it as a problem) were stated there, this title should have reflected your need for an advice. Heck, you did not ask for an advice for quit being gay. Instead a public approval to have a space and 'discover' your sexuality!

Did you not know that mentioning your sexual orientation (gay) would attract comments and different interpretations? Or you want us to pat you?

Take a poll of the responses here and see those who have a reservation about your sexual orientation.

I'll ask again.

Why gay?

Why attracted to MEN?

What's your emotional and SEXUAL benefits in a gay relationship?

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by kaboninc(m): 3:17pm On Mar 29, 2015
opensecret001:

Are you gay?
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by opensecret001: 3:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
kaboninc:

Are you gay?
u shld b able to deduce d answer.....no need askin
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by kaboninc(m): 3:32pm On Mar 29, 2015
opensecret001:

u shld b able to deduce d answer.....no need askin

Are you gay?
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Illuminatus(m): 6:03pm On Mar 29, 2015
Mason, your decision to move isn't faulted. Our parents always have problems with our logic, they always "know" better. With time, they'll come to accept your decision.
It's sad that people have hijacked this thread for their homophobic logic...

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
kaboninc:

You better stop behaving like a spoit child. A child refusing to suck breast milk.

There's a reason this place is called a Public Forum. And you can't tell who should or should not comment because u don't own it.

Forget your diary because if your 'problems' (I see it as a problem) were stated there, this title should have reflected your need for an advice. Heck, you did not ask for an advice for quit being gay. Instead a public approval to have a space and 'discover' your sexuality!

Did you not know that mentioning your sexual orientation (gay) would attract comments and different interpretations? Or you want us to pat you?

Take a poll of the responses here and see those who have a reservation about your sexual orientation.

I'll ask again.

Why gay?

Why attracted to MEN?

What's your emotional and SEXUAL benefits in a gay relationship?

Lawd have mercy!. It AMAZES me that you think I owe you an explanation about my life.

Read the title of the thread again, read the initial post again, then respond accordingly.

I do hope you stop quoting me.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 29, 2015
beryl04:
yeah,thanks masonkz for once again ,successfully, pulling 2geda all the educated but yet bigoted illiterates of nairaland in a single post,bravooo!!!!

well-done bruv,u've really out-done yourself this time!
and boy u did good ,i know u don;t need the advice for u r a smart fellow,but good luck

i've been following from the sidelines .

and yeah,what's up with goshap these days undecided

Lol thanks bro. Been a long while. Hope you've been good.

Leave goshap... I hope to have nothing to do with him on this forum again. That's how much I've come to hate his persona.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 29, 2015
Illuminatus:
Mason, your decision to move isn't faulted. Our parents always have problems with our logic, they always "know" better. With time, they'll come to accept your decision.
It's sad that people have hijacked this thread for their homophobic logic...

Yea, thanks. I've decided to sha be visiting them as often as I can, and call home too.

Thanks bro, I'm sure you've finished all the Dan Brown books by now angry
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 29, 2015
opensecret001:

Thanks smiley
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 29, 2015
masonkz:

Yea, thanks. I've decided to sha be visiting them as often as I can, and call home too.

Thanks bro, I'm sure you've finished all the Dan Brown books by now angry
You read Literature,never pictured you as such.

I currently have two Dan Brown's novels in pdf,the last of his books I haven't read tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Who Slapped Her Mother, Sent Back To Nigeria. See Reactions / See What A Madam Did To A Boy In Ilorin For Allegedly Stealing Her N500(pic) / How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.