Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Wole Soyinka As A Kid With His Parents & Siblings In The 1930s - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wole Soyinka As A Kid With His Parents & Siblings In The 1930s (45771 Views)

Governor Okowa Hosts Efe And His Parents (Photos) / Banky W, His Parents And Adesua Etomi, His Wife To-Be Pictured Together / Falz In New Year Selfie With His Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Wole Soyinka As A Kid With His Parents & Siblings In The 1930s by wendycindy(f): 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
simdam500:

Guess I came in too late... oh u already created one sef. sad .. cool. welcome to nl
thank you
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Kid With His Parents & Siblings In The 1930s by ihesiuloa(m): 6:12pm On Mar 24, 2015
He wasn't even with shoes, (tears dropping my eyes) GOD will always be GOD.
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Kid With His Parents & Siblings In The 1930s by MAYOWAAK: 12:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
sirabbey:

Wole Soyinka became who he is today ( a world renowned Nobel laureate, literary colossus) because of the rigorous foundation set for him by his father S.A Soyinka who mandated Wole to write one essay every day while growing up hence nicknamed Mr. Essay Soyinka.

Thank you Mr. S.A Soyinka for giving us the world Prof Oluwole Soyinka, the indefatigable Kongi himself.

I beg to differ on the etymology of his father's alias.In Wole's childhood autobiography;AKE.Wole observed that his father's friends and acquaintances were always hailing him as S.A which stands for Samuel Ayodele.In Wole's innocent mind he thought they were calling his father ESSAY not knowing it was his father's initials that was always being mentioned hence the origin of ESSAY.

I have a copy of the book with me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Haters Will Say I Didn’t Go To Gym" - Ini Edo (Photos) / Daddy Freeze Instagram Account Deleted. He Reacts / Don Jazzy Changes Random Boys Life (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.