Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! (6317 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 2:05am On Mar 24, 2015
good day all, I finally got my visa thank God and thanks to naira landers for all your proper guidance.

ill be travelling alone ...a good company would make my stay worthwhile as I intend to do a lot of sight seeing.

waiting for your kind responses

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by tonyenahoro(m): 3:21am On Mar 24, 2015
Wow front page fins
First time wen u traveling exactly

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 24, 2015
OP I love your idea... kiss
I hope you get someone/people to travel with or even get a NL newyorker to assist..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by frankferdtravel: 9:42am On Mar 24, 2015
Wow! Congratulations on your success. We are really happy for you.
Have you gotten your ticket? Do you know there are promos available now? Let me know if you are interested.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by ramalot(m): 12:08pm On Mar 24, 2015
just curious, but do you have a different nairaland ID or something? Since you sound like others have helped you with something over time, but then your account was just registered.

What am i missing?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 3:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
ramlot I do not have any other id, in fact I just registered early hours of today. I have been a silent reader of nairaland travel posts for a long time.

I used the posts on visa application to my advantage.

at this point I had make my voice heard.

I don't get it when you say I sound like others have helped me over time lol.

no one has helped me with anything I completed my forms and submitted my self of course with the directions I read from the visa application posts

Thanks frank yet to get my ticket kindly fill me in on the promo available

travelling first week in July or second week in September.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by ramalot(m): 8:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
anaifey:
ramlot I do not have any other id, in fact I just registered early hours of today. I have been a silent reader of nairaland travel posts for a long time.

I used the posts on visa application to my advantage.

at this point I had make my voice heard.

I don't get it when you say I sound like others have helped me over time lol.

no one has helped me with anything I completed my forms and submitted my self of course with the directions I read from the visa application posts

I was only referencing this statement of yours:

and thanks to naira landers for all your proper guidance.
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 9:28pm On Mar 24, 2015
okay. no issues then
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by Laird(m): 11:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
I read that personal rooms can be rented with
airbnb app

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by Nobody: 1:09am On Mar 25, 2015
It really depends on your ultimate aim. I was in NY last year and I thought it was expensive. The best thing to do is to check Chinatown - it has low budget hostel. (Hostels are shared rooms) Once you are on ground, you can then browse through different hotels based on your primary aim. If you want to have fun get places closer to
manhattan alternatively you can stay in the interior places and travel via the subways. Totally up to you. Don't believe the hype but make sure enjoy your stay wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by Originalsly: 6:48am On Mar 25, 2015
Travel time...first week in July....July 4,Independence Day..big fireworks display...weather is hot..airline prices hotter!...hotter until school reopens in September then it drops...and so does...and so should the temperature. The earlier you book the less you pay.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 10:18am On Mar 25, 2015
Thank you all for your kind advise
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by clarina: 2:54pm On Mar 25, 2015
@anaifey..how do I contact u?
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 3:38pm On Mar 25, 2015
kindly send a mail to ana.ifey@gmail.com

and we would take it up from there

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by nefertitiram: 4:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
anaifey:
good day all, I finally got my visa thank God and thanks to naira landers for all your proper guidance.

now am trying to travel to Newyork on a budget, also as a first timer.

I have checked hotel prices and they are enormous

I wouldn't mind finding someone also going to New york that I can share hotel bill and other general travel bills with in order to save cost

ill be travelling alone a good company would make my stay worthwhile as I intend to do a lot of sight seeing.

waiting for your kind responses

Thank you

Since you are on a budget, you can stay in a hostel. The best hostel in New York is The Local Hostel.
Per night is $50, 4 in a room.
It is new very clean and very friendly.
You get a free drink on arrival.
You get to mingle with backpackers like you from everywhere in the world, I met with friends from germany, finland and china.
On monday is movie nights
They can help you with tourist locations and how to get the best of NY on a budget
Look out for the female bartender, she is a sweetheart
They have laundry services, when I visited they did not have a cafe, but I hear they now have a cafe for bfast, lunch and dinner (nor free o).
They have free wifi
Book your room here:
http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/the-local-hostel-nyc.html?sid=82bca3c51b5ebb5645028be4b7e3dcfd;dcid=4;no_rooms=1;req_adults=2;req_children=0&#map_closed

It is quite difficult to locate, so I will describe it to you and it is very coded. No signboard, nothing.

From JFK, take the airtrain to Jamaica ($5). Buy a metrocard for $1 and top up with $20.
From Jamaica (Parson - Archer) take the E train (8 avenue local, not express) to World Trade Center, you come off at Court Sq station, after queens plaza stop, please don't get to lexington av/53rd st).
You walk for about 5 mins to 13-02 44th street, Long Island City

Enjoy! Please post pictures when you arrive!

Tourist locations you must visit:
Take a ferry to Statue of Liberty
Empire state building
Crysler building
Times square
Broadway
China Town

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by nefertitiram: 4:26pm On Mar 27, 2015
I have added pictures of The Local for your viewing pleasure
1. The dormitory rooms
2. The lounge area
3. The reading/Internet area

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 11:30am On Mar 28, 2015
wow!.. don't know what to say, this is so detailed ..great stuff!!!. Thanks a lot @nefetitiram. .will check the link now.
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by Originalsly: 12:56am On Mar 29, 2015
@Op.... how long do you intend to stay?
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 11:18pm On Mar 31, 2015
12days there about
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by codedove: 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
Am also coming for summer but not newyork.. I would stop over at newyork sha . I love the price and pics .
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by codedove: 4:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
frankferdtravel:
Wow! Congratulations on your success. We are really happy for you.
Have you gotten your ticket? Do you know there are promos available now? Let me know if you are interested.
I am interested ...get back to me.
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by AceMiss: 5:43pm On Apr 04, 2015
I was in New York last Oct,stayed in a nice hotel in Long Island(free wifi,free breakfast,clean room and very close to the train station). It's was about $50 per night,dont know what they'll be charging now. The name is Hotel Vertiver,check it out!
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by claremont(m): 9:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
This is very tempting.
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 2:59am On Apr 05, 2015
Thanks a bunch
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by Gb2014: 11:30am On Apr 16, 2015
ramlot you can call Tife on 07089161954 or 08083258032. they have very affordable shortlets in Newyork. Tell her Wunmi referred you

good luck
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by mrsage(m): 7:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
Watching.... also getting tempted
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 12:41am On Apr 18, 2015
lol..really tempting
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by Moana(f): 11:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
mrsage:
Watching.... also getting tempted
mr sage mrs age
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 12:57am On Apr 24, 2015
covdove
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 12:55am On Apr 29, 2015
Who's travelling to New york

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: Fire Outbreak At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos / Nigeria Spends $2.5bn Annually On Aircraft Maintenance Overseas / I Need List Of Overseas Universities Accepting Nigerian Bsc Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.