Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria (16502 Views)

Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN / Nigeria To Establish A Development Bank / Development Bank Of Nigeria Takes Off July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by elisjini: 7:52am On Mar 24, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday officially launched the Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN).

Though Jonathan observed that small and medium enterprises had always been the backbone of the nation’s economy, he however said the sector never had the opportunity of accessing cheap funds for its development.

According to the president, there exists  over 17 million Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) across the country which employ over 32 million people while contributing over 45 per cent to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP).

He stressed that existing developmental institutions in the country included the Bank of Industry (BoI) and other commercial banks which could not satisfy the funding needs of the MSMEs, hence the establishment of the DBN.

The president spoke at the launch held at the Banquet Hall, Presidential Villa.
“Access to long term finance has been a challenge for the MSMEs. Most MSMEs cannot get long term funds from banks and other financial institutions, forcing them to spend on personal savings, friends and family for loans.

“These loans are typically short term and come at a high interest rate, thereby stemming the growth of these businesses,” Jonathan said.

The president, however, seized the opportunity to launch his campaign handbook titled; ‘Jonathan’s Next Four Years,’ encapsulating his visions for the country should he be re-elected.

The Coordinator for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, explained that the establishment of the bank was for a robust finance backing for small and medium enterprises.

According to her, the wholesale developmental institution plans to offer loans to at least 20,000 beneficiaries in the first one year of its operations and is billed to start business in the next nine months.

The Federal Executive Council (FEC) recently approved a multi-donor credits from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development of the World Bank, Africa Development Bank, Germany and French Development Agency in the sums of $500 million, $450 million, $200 million and $130 million for the establishment of the DBN.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-launches-development-bank-of-nigeria/204892/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by gaetano: 7:54am On Mar 24, 2015
GEJ, the man with a clear vision and mission. Destined to make naija a bera place for all.

A PDP win is guaranteed on sat 28th.

GEJ till BUHARI finds his missing tooth.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by Pebcak: 7:55am On Mar 24, 2015
[img]http://i./FooCq874TGUfu.gif[/img]

WE JUST NEED CHANGE

[img]http://i./WlDrvlopAKfYc.gif[/img]

BUT Y?
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) recently approved a multi-donor credits from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development of the World Bank, Africa Development Bank, Germany and French Development Agency in the sums of $500 million, $450 million, $200 million and $130 million for the establishment of the DBN.
[img]http://i./yoJC2NhEwhBSQhu6WY.gif[/img]

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by MRLINGTON(m): 7:55am On Mar 24, 2015
Few days to elections nd too many tins are going own...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 24, 2015
This is a laudable project/achievement by this administration. I sincerely pray it serves the purpose it is set up for. This is a very good opportunity for young entrepreneurs to grow their (our) businesses. God bless President GEJ.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 24, 2015
Good move, hope it is sustained even after election.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by cr7lomo: 8:02am On Mar 24, 2015
I bliv u mr president

Obama Did it
Lu chun lee did it
Goodluck is doing it

Ride on mr president , those that are for you are more than those against you

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 24, 2015
Institutions here and there when only few are actually and effectively working... Good sha at least this will reduce unemployment by some figures.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by Elslim: 8:13am On Mar 24, 2015
Y now?? Why is evrythin happenin now?? Sha it's tooo late Oga presido

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by dgr8truth(m): 8:13am On Mar 24, 2015
Elslim:
Because election is few days away, he should not do that which he was elected to do abi? Hope you know everything has time and purpose.

He should continue to do what he thinks is best for nigeria whether election is today or not.

GEJtill2019.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by Splashme: 8:14am On Mar 24, 2015
Weldone, Mr President

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by erunz(m): 8:20am On Mar 24, 2015
ITS BETTER LATE THAN NEVER, MR PRESIDENT AS YOU TRYING TO DIVERSIFYING THE ECONOMY AND ALSO CREATING AVENUE FOR BUSINESS TO SURVIVE MAY GOD BLESS. I BELIEVE AFTER MARCH 28TH WE SHALL SING PRAISES TO GOD ON YOUR VICTORY.

19 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 24, 2015
Wonderful step in the right direction not that dummy telling us he would equalise the naira against the dollar with no clear plan..joje of the century

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by peleson: 8:29am On Mar 24, 2015
Good one

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by fitzmayowa: 8:38am On Mar 24, 2015
Whether GEJ wins or loses, he has sure given his best to nigeria...Nice initiative by the way

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by popez: 8:59am On Mar 24, 2015
This is a praise-worthy initiative from Mr president.
Let's all say a huge thank you to him on the 28th by voting for him.
Nigerians have never had it this good.

Vote competence
Vote Literacy
Vote transformation
GEJ till 2019

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by CR77(f): 9:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
Well done sir

You be man way sabi

My vote na 4 PDP

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by SuperModerator: 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2015
Very unnecessary, we already have Bank of industry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by missbehave247(m): 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2015
Nice approach, keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by steppin: 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2015
GEJ is working. Some people are hell-bent on destroying all he has worked for, all in the name of change.
I believe, he'll get through it.
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
(James 1:12)
God bless Nigeria.
GEJ till 2019!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by PAO429: 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2015
3days to election....is too late.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by mrjojo: 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2015
Launch as many "project" or whatever as you can, Come March 28th, Change is certain...
Sai buhari

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by courage54(m): 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2015
I wish GEJ did all these things he is doing now last six months maybe he could have gotten my vote. But as it is now I HAVE DECIDED LONG TIME AGO SINCE 1st of January 2012.

SAI BUHARI/OSINBAJO

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD BLESS NIGER-DELTA

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2015
Thanks my presido... Ride on

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by dejust(m): 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2015
Foward ever
Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by CaptainAmerica1: 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by ige101(m): 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
Carry on Sir

meanwhile

It’s the final day of the Jumia Voucher Fireworks! You do not want to miss out on the excitement that has taken over the Nigerian shoppers in the last 2 days on Jumia Nigeria. Enjoy up to N 15,000 off your purchase on any item.

http://www.ebimablog.com/2015/03/your-last-chance-to-grab-up-to-n15000-off-your-next-order-from-jumia-com-ng.html
Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by Lewis1988: 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
GEJ BABA
Re: Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
PAO429:
3days to election....is too late.....

Elslim:

Wals234:
If he likes he should launch Transformation Bank, We have decided!

CHANGE is here #March28

How I roll on the Wicked Buharists... On my way to vote the man of the year.... GEJ

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Bankers Defrauded Wema Bank, CBN – Witness / Riot At 7Up Aba For Non-Payment Of Cooperative Contributions (Photos) / Generator Installed At Eke-Awka Market Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.