Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Angelina Jolie Removes Ovaries & Tubes Following Cancer Scare,she Hits Menopause - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Angelina Jolie Removes Ovaries & Tubes Following Cancer Scare,she Hits Menopause (758 Views)

Agbani Darego Flaunts Flat Tummy As She Hits The Gym / . / Angelina Jolie At The AU Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angelina Jolie Removes Ovaries & Tubes Following Cancer Scare,she Hits Menopause by CodecJay(m): 8:49am On Mar 24, 2015
Actress Angelina Jolie Pitt has just revealed that she has gone into menopause after removing her ovaries and fallopian tubes following a cancer scare.

The 39-year-old actress/director previously had a preventive double mastectomy and the next preventive surgery on the list was the removal of her ovaries and fallopian tubes. She will no longer be able to have any biological children.

Angelina decided to have the surgery now after receiving a call from her doctor that her blood-test results showed something that could have been the sign of early cancer. Although, luckily for her, further tests came back with the all clear report, but Jolie Pitts decided to have the the surgery. “There was a small benign tumor on one ovary, but no signs of cancer in any of the tissues,” she wrote in a NY Times op-ed piece.

She spoke “I chosed to keep my uterus because cancer in that location is not part of my family history,”.

“It is not possible to remove all risk, and the fact is I remain prone to cancer. I will look for natural ways to strengthen my immune system. I feel feminine, and grounded in the choices I am making for myself and my family. I know my children will never have to say, ‘Mom died of ovarian cancer.’”

She continued, “Regardless of the hormone replacements I’m taking, I am now in menopause. I will not be able to have any more children, and I expect some physical changes. But I feel at ease with whatever will come, not because I am strong but because this is a part of life. It is nothing to be feared.

Source:
http://naijanovaz.com/angelina-jolie-removes-ovaries-fallopian/
Re: Angelina Jolie Removes Ovaries & Tubes Following Cancer Scare,she Hits Menopause by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 24, 2015
That sickness scares me like shit!
I think i will do that after giving birth.
Re: Angelina Jolie Removes Ovaries & Tubes Following Cancer Scare,she Hits Menopause by Baba419(m): 9:09am On Mar 24, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Angelina Jolie Removes Ovaries & Tubes Following Cancer Scare,she Hits Menopause by pretydiva(f): 9:15am On Mar 24, 2015
May God save us frm all dis deadly diseases
Re: Angelina Jolie Removes Ovaries & Tubes Following Cancer Scare,she Hits Menopause by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 24, 2015
[size=15pt] Is she still married to Brad Pitt?. [/size]
Re: Angelina Jolie Removes Ovaries & Tubes Following Cancer Scare,she Hits Menopause by CodecJay(m): 9:49am On Mar 24, 2015
chipmunkey:
[size=15pt] Is she still married to Brad Pitt?. [/size]
Yea she is, and she is happily married.
Re: Angelina Jolie Removes Ovaries & Tubes Following Cancer Scare,she Hits Menopause by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 24, 2015
[size=15pt]I thought she always quit her marriage so soon. Been a while I heard news on her. Wasn't she married once?. [/size] undecided
Re: Angelina Jolie Removes Ovaries & Tubes Following Cancer Scare,she Hits Menopause by Missmossy(f): 10:05am On Mar 24, 2015
Cancer scaring women like hell!

2 Likes

Re: Angelina Jolie Removes Ovaries & Tubes Following Cancer Scare,she Hits Menopause by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 24, 2015
She's already done with child bearing. she has all the kids she wants including the others she adopted so she is free to remove her ovaries. I would do just that after having my kids.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Back Off! Don’t Call Me At Night— Nollywood Icon, Rmd Warns Female Admire / Photos From The Birthday Dinner Of Tope Adeniji, Ex-miss Ambassador For Peace / Photo: Tonto Dikeh Shares New Photo With Her Man, Mr X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.