Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days (2048 Views)

Reasons You Don't Get Much Job Invites As You Should / I Want To Help Five Nairalander Get Jobs Before May 10 (closed) / Yes! People Still Get Jobs Without Connection. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by ammyxx(f): 9:08am On Mar 24, 2015
Companies need to find other ways apart from certificate grades during recruitment to get their ideal candidates . People just cram and pour because they hear that you have to graduate with a 2:1 or first class to get a good job without truly understanding what the course they studied is about. So unfortunate

1 Like

Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by Gboliwe: 9:10am On Mar 24, 2015
ammyxx:
Companies need to find other ways apart from certificate grades during recruitment to get their ideal candidates . People just cram and pour because they hear that you have to graduate with a 2:1 or first class to get a good job without truly understanding what the course they studied is about. So unfortunate

I thought you had a real life experience you'd want to share

5 Likes

Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by Capitano1(m): 9:11am On Mar 24, 2015
It's an ugly mess we intelligent folks found our luvly head we have spoilt with books lol

Mods pardon me na me take dey chop lol

[size=18pt]SWEAT TOO MUCH
Visit Us[/size]
Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by blackjack21(m): 9:12am On Mar 24, 2015
Intelligent people create their jobs those days. undecided

09:12:02

Tue, Mar 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by ammyxx(f): 9:16am On Mar 24, 2015
In a country like Nigeria ..... I doubt, to be an entrepreneur you don't have to be intelligent. Besides there Is a difference between brilliance and intelligence
Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by davide470(m): 9:18am On Mar 24, 2015
ammyxx:
So what other ways do you suggest?
Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 24, 2015
Like it is paining the op ...intelligent people also make things work for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by ammyxx(f): 9:35am On Mar 24, 2015
It is painful na ... seen a lot of dem, wasting
Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by eyeview: 9:47am On Mar 24, 2015
Dear Madam,
Intelligent people are not unemployed. I can assure you that there's no unemployed intelligent person. Why? Because either they have been employed or they have created their own jobs(legitmate) and are working on it.
If the person is idle and unemployed,then he isn't intelligent.
But like you stated,you may be talking about brilliant people. That is,those who can read and retain what was read and can pour it out on exam days for high results. If you are talking about those,then there are many of them(brilliant) roaming the streets lOoking for job. And there will always be many of those till they add intelligence to their brilliance.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by ammyxx(f): 9:49am On Mar 24, 2015
Maybe you are mixing it up ....
Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by coolhamid(m): 10:10am On Mar 24, 2015
F
eyeview:
Dear Madam,
Intelligent people are not unemployed. I can assure you that there's no unemployed intelligent person. Why? Because either they have been employed or they have created their own jobs(legitmate) and are working on it.
But like you stated,you may be talking about brilliant people. That is,those who can read and retain what was read and can pour it out on exam days for high results. If you are talking about those,then there are many of them(brilliant) roaming the streets lOoking for job. And there will always be many of those till they add intelligence to their brilliance.
Gbam

4 Likes

Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by tenry(m): 10:44am On Mar 24, 2015
ammyxx:
I was thinking you would say something better and 'intelligent'. Your post was far from that. You may have a point but you have not presented it intelligently. I can only see 'beef' undertone. Pls you can cram too to finish wit a 2.1 or go back to school to correct your mistake of not cramming enough to finish wit 2.1

1 Like

Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by sholay2011(m): 10:47am On Mar 24, 2015
Intelligence is subjective...when you consider all factors and various definitions. ..

And if every intelligent person is 'entitled' to a job, what should people who are not naturally endowed intellectually do?

Having intelligence is not enough to be entitled to a job or whatever is the 'prize' being discussed. There's a place of hardwork, common sense and attitude.

If my hardwork attitude gives me the drive to cram and earn a 2:1, what's your business? To me, if you can have a First Class, especially from an unmonitored environment like a Public University, it tells me more about your work ethic and attitude than even intelligence.
So let the 'crammers' enjoy what they worked for.

The bible has said it in Ecclesiastes: "The race is not for the swift, nor the battle to the strong,...nor food to the WISE (OR INTELLIGENT)...time and chance happeneth to them all...". Pray God shows you favour dear.

By the way, not everyone gets 2:1 et al. by cramming. undecided

So much for intelligence. ..

5 Likes

Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by ednut1(m): 11:17am On Mar 24, 2015
ammyxx:
what other ways shud they use u need 25 pple 100,000 apply how do u cut it down, u use grade and age and cut it to 30,000 which is still much, blame d govt nt c companies, and it is errornous to posit all dat pple wit 2.1nd FC cram to pass, even pple wit first class and 2.1 are not finding jobs easily, i entered d job market thinking i was a hot cake wit 2.1 and ICAN, wetin my eye see before i go job na tale for anoda day, blame d govt for not creating anabling environment for coys to thrive, d competition is crazy

2 Likes

Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 24, 2015
U never read your bible. The race is not to the swift,bread to the wise (intelligent)..... time and chance happens to them all.

1 Like

Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 11:39am On Mar 24, 2015
eyeview:
Dear Madam,
This is what i call HITTING THE NAIL ON ITS HEAD.
Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by Olutola88(m): 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2015
ednut1:
what other ways shud they use u need 25 pple 100,000 apply how do u cut it down, u use grade and age and cut it to 30,000 which is still much, blame d govt nt c companies, and it is errornous to posit all dat pple wit 2.1nd FC cram to pass, even pple wit first class and 2.1 are not finding jobs easily, i entered d job market thinking i was a hot cake wit 2.1 and ICAN, wetin my eye see before i go job na tale for anoda day, blame d govt for not creating anabling environment for coys to thrive, d competition is crazy
Lmao! Be like say I remember u 4 KPMG thread. Better by Far Graduate?
Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by ednut1(m): 3:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
Olutola88:
Lmao! Be like say I remember u 4 KPMG thread. Better by Far Graduate?
yeah, better by far o, KPMG giv me technical Knockout e remain small make i cry angry grin
Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by Olutola88(m): 4:43pm On Mar 24, 2015
ednut1:
yeah, better by far o, KPMG giv me technical Knockout e remain small make i cry angry grin
lmao! As per big boy, u no suppose cry cos na mess up if tears commot 4 ur eyes. Btw, do you have an idea if any unilorin graduate works @ KPMG?
Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by ednut1(m): 5:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
Olutola88:
lmao! As per big boy, u no suppose cry cos na mess up if tears commot 4 ur eyes. Btw, do you have an idea if any unilorin graduate works @ KPMG?
u start again o grin, dont know any, bt i know a guy from lautech der, no be by skul jare
Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by Olutola88(m): 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
ednut1:
u start again o grin, dont know any, bt i know a guy from lautech der, no be by skul jare
Well, we'll discuss offline
Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2015
ednut1:

I also know the man you know...
Smiles...
Anyways like you said no b by school...
Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 27, 2015
Olutola88:

Yes there are. I know at least two who work there.
Re: It's Unfortunate That Intelligent People Don't Get Jobs These Days by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
ednut1:

Oga, which stage u reach before dem knock u out?

(1) (Reply)

Got A Job But Needs Accommodation!! / Vacancy For Immediate Employment / Stanbic Ibtc Recruitment Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.