Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Josephine Ugwu – A Rare Brand - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Josephine Ugwu – A Rare Brand (703 Views)

Joy Ugwu, Miss Asaigbo In Kirikiri Prison / Airport Cleaner, Josephine Ugwu Receives Her Award As Ynaija ‎person Of The Year / Comedian Akpororo Weds Josephine (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Josephine Ugwu – A Rare Brand by udz: 9:23am On Mar 24, 2015
I have sat down on the sideline observing quietly the media campaigns and counter campaigns of the two main political parties. A lot has been published or broadcasted ranging from accusations, counter accusations and hate campaigns. The social media has been very active politically in the last few months, thanks to the social media outfit of the PDP and APC as well as the millions of online readers.
Just as we were very much engaged with the political heat on the social media platforms, the news of the Good Samaritan who happened to be an airport cleaner with a salary of =N=7,800 returned a passenger’s luggage containing hard currencies to the tune of =N=12m. At this point there was a brief shift of attention from all the political ‘gimmicks’ on social media to this rare Nigerian breed by name JOSEPHINE UGWU. Trust the social habit of Nigerians, there was a lot of praise and songs for this Good Samaritan. On the hand, there were those who insulted her personality, they called her a poor woman, some felt it was God that wanted to make her a millionaire but she just lost her opportunity. Can you imagine what she must have felt reading some of those hate comments online? As reported, the owner of the cash did not ‘blink’ as a sign of appreciation when Josephine Ugwu was introduced to him. There was further ‘bashing’ and ‘yabbing’ on this rare brand of Josephine Ugwu.

On the flip side, her employer rewarded her with a 94.8% increase in salary. This is a nice effort by the employer to reward honesty and I personally appreciate their effort. While she was ‘trending’ on social media, it was reported that the Lagos State House of Assembly wants to honour her. This news was welcomed and praised all over the social media platforms. At the moment ‘we’ are still waiting to hear what next.

Now, the reason why I took up my pen to write this piece is because I have not forgotten this honest lady. I always think of her, trying to put myself in her shoes. Trust me; a lot will be going on through her mind. I and Josephine happen to come from Enugu State but, that is not the reason for my interest in her. I only feel she needs to be projected and her brand promoted, to make Nigerians know that there is great reward in being honest both in heaven and on earth. She is a character that has not been compensated enough in a country where corruption is a major setback.

I have waited patiently for the media outfit of the major political parties to commend this honest icon and make her a part of their campaign train. I waited, but none of the parties took note of her. A lot is spent to have the faces of celebrities in the campaign train of these parties. Yes, these celebrities have worked to earn such recognition. Also Josephine Ugwu has maintained her brand because this is not the first time she has returned cash to the owners. As reported by PUNCH on 20th March 2015, “twice in December 2014, she returned passengers’ luggage with huge sum of money in them. One contained about =N=600,000 and the other had close to =N=2m . . . “ Personally, I have planned to meet her and appreciate her but, on a second thought I decided to write this piece hopping it will go a long way to reward this rare brand.

At first, I wished the Enugu Sate Government would have honoured her because I know Governor Sullivan Chime to be a lover of honesty. On a second thought, the present dispensation is rounding up and all odds points at one man to be the next Governor by May 29. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi , PDP Governorship Candidate in Enugu State. A man loved by his people, blessed by the current Governor of the state. A grassroots politician, a cheerful giver, ‘Gburugburu’. The great Honorable, representing his own very well in the Federal House of Representative. Josephine Ugwu is one of your own; you can include her brand in your campaign train and in your administration when you become ‘governor anyi’. I have no doubt in my mind that you have a heart of gold to embrace and establish this brand of Honesty and trust in the state.
Thank you.

Uzoma David writes from Lagos.
Thezorani@gmail.com
Re: Josephine Ugwu – A Rare Brand by DahtzFestjayz: 9:44am On Mar 24, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Giuliana Rancic Opens Up About Her Weight / Wale Admits To Using Drugs / Angry Wrestlers Sue WWE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.