Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja (75059 Views)

The Proposed Umueri International Cargo Airport: 8 Facts To Note / Ukrainian Embassy Visa Interview / • • •Tips On Getting A US VISA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Dreyl(m): 10:55am On Mar 24, 2015
Cool.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by donklint86: 10:56am On Mar 24, 2015
Great tips
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by OluBendel: 10:57am On Mar 24, 2015
Thanks op. I'd add that don't be ashamed to ask for your way around when you are in, you could just be standing on the wrong queue, above all, no need to be desperate. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Pchinak: 10:58am On Mar 24, 2015
Lionize:

But I would suggest the embassy makes the interview more private that it is. Asking someone some personal questions such as how much they earn seems to me to be non-public.

So on point here. I don't know why this question had to be made public is such manner, it bothers on security too i must say.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by castrokins(m): 10:59am On Mar 24, 2015
Thanks For The Info. Hope It Applies To All Embassies.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 24, 2015
MKO4ever:
I don't really get that number 5

(5. Be confident during the interview and do not sound desperate. America is not heaven. I see some guys who, when asked by that young girl there, who was asking her questions on loudspeaker and rejecting people’s request for visa on loudspeaker, if they have ever travelled outside the country before, nod on the affirmative and start mentioning Kenya, Ghana, bla bla bla. The next thing you would hear from her is “I am sorry you are not qualified for a US visa at this time, details ….” Phew! ogba!)

Is it wrong to mention that you have traveled to Kenya and Ghana?

I think the OP was implying that those people were just telling untruths.

1 Like

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Lionize: 11:08am On Mar 24, 2015
MKO4ever:
I don't really get that number 5

(5. Be confident during the interview and do not sound desperate. America is not heaven. I see some guys who, when asked by that young girl there, who was asking her questions on loudspeaker and rejecting people’s request for visa on loudspeaker, if they have ever travelled outside the country before, nod on the affirmative and start mentioning Kenya, Ghana, bla bla bla. The next thing you would hear from her is “I am sorry you are not qualified for a US visa at this time, details ….” Phew! ogba!)

Is it wrong to mention that you have traveled to Kenya and Ghana?

In my opinion bro, it's not really necessary. I believe that girl feels some people just run to such places and come back to claim they have traveled out of the country, since it's not difficult traveling to such places; or some have not really even been to anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Slimmos(m): 11:11am On Mar 24, 2015
all these wahala to get a visa for yankee? mehn by d grace of God, i will surely make it in Naija...

4 Likes

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by finestiyke(m): 11:12am On Mar 24, 2015
Lionize:

In my opinion bro, it's not really necessary. I believe that girl feels some people just run to such places and come back to claim they have traveled out of the country, since it's not difficult traveling to such places; or some have not really even been to anywhere.

But it's wrong for her to make her bias/feelings a reason to generalize. Because person like me na only GH and Benin republic I don go!

2 Likes

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 24, 2015
Babaneh:
may be when i decide to start travelling out i will come back and read this....

Nigeria is my father country and i'm proud to be a Nigerian..
Even if i travel far and overseas, i believe there is no place like Nigeria..
na wao, wetin concern us concern wetin u talk na?

6 Likes

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by pallybrown(m): 11:18am On Mar 24, 2015
By the grace of God, my will be after election.

1 Like

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Lionize: 11:19am On Mar 24, 2015
ruffhandu:
Lionize, good your trip was fruitful.

Thanks bro, you are part of the success story.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by yakbauer: 11:24am On Mar 24, 2015
Over-pure dey worry u, thanks a million for the tip, u call it rubbish we call it information

1 Like

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Lionize: 11:26am On Mar 24, 2015
finestiyke:

But it's wrong for her to make her bias/feelings a reason to generalize. Because person like me na only GH and Benin republic I don go!

Mehn, interviewees were visibly avoiding her, the rate at which she was denying people visa was just alarming. I even silently prayed not to go to her, it worked for me. She was asking too many questions my dear.
But to be objective, she wasn't doing badly, save for that loudspeaker wey she dey use talk to people, even the rejection.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by 0b1nna: 11:26am On Mar 24, 2015
AsanwaKC:
on my way

Kai. I'll miss you o!
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by loomer: 11:30am On Mar 24, 2015
tolexy007:
I neva reach any embassy b4, no forming...I pray God will do a new thing in my life diz yr....

AMEN BRO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by bubatasu: 11:32am On Mar 24, 2015
You no talk rubbish. It may sound as rubbish to those who do not know that "NO INFORMATION IS USELESS"
THANK YOU LIONZIE
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by taraknat(f): 11:45am On Mar 24, 2015
Thanks for the info, please I would like U̶̲̥̅̊ to give me full procedure on what to do if I want to travel abroad, say USA, all d document needed pls U̶̲̥̅̊ thanks.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by onatisi(m): 11:45am On Mar 24, 2015
Point 5 seems to be the major deciding factor. I once told a lady that if she was giving the wrong answers ,she should still be confident about it. Whatever story u are presenting be natural with it and you can't be what you are not .

2 Likes

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Euckybaby(f): 11:53am On Mar 24, 2015
Nice one @op
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Lionize: 11:54am On Mar 24, 2015
taraknat:
Thanks for the info, please I would like U̶̲̥̅̊ to give me full procedure on what to do if I want to travel abroad, say USA, all d document needed pls U̶̲̥̅̊ thanks.

Just visit their website and feel out the form, depending on the type of visa you are applying for, which is determined by your purpose of travel. If you run into any hitch along the line, then ask me. If I don't have any meaningful thing to contribute, then you may have to meet an expert. I had to speak with the US consulate customer care several times (enough credit). The world is so small, and yet so large, these days.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Raysly(m): 11:56am On Mar 24, 2015
Pls how much did the whole process cost you cuz I'm thinking of travelling to US soon
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Lionize: 12:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
Raysly:
Pls how much did the whole process cost you cuz I'm thinking of travelling to US soon

Fixed Cost=N31,200

1 Like

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by cyril83(m): 12:16pm On Mar 24, 2015
Lionize:

Mehn, interviewees were visibly avoiding her, the rate at which she was denying people visa was just alarming. I even silently prayed not to go to her, it worked for me. She was asking too many questions my dear.
But to be objective, she wasn't doing badly, save for that loudspeaker wey she dey use talk to people, even the rejection.

Travelling history is a bonus. That black american girl is a witch, she doesn't issue visa.

3 Likes

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by smithbarry: 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2015
infact you are very right regarding to passport photograph.i felt into such victims when i took my application to france embassy.one stupid lady condemn my passport,i took another one with some of #3000.where i sold my phone to have another one...nice one bro but not only yankee embassy
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by cassidy1996(m): 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2015
Whats so special abt america. Dis us embassy, dem own too much self.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by InvertedHammer: 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2015
/
Can you repeat the storyline at #6 about your mother, purse, SIM cards, Nokia and N200?

\

3 Likes

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by chrisomudu(m): 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2015
I learnt from it a lot and my dream is to go to North America (canada) and I think I will try not to make errors.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by coolladdy: 12:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
most times the Consular is biased as you may not be informed the reason for the rejection all you will hear is that you are not qualified this time. i have applied before for US visa and was denied even when all the documents are okay and i used same documents for Germany and was granted visa. There is no fix rules about it . it sometimes depends on the Consular's mood and perception.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Road I Saw In Orlu Imo State Today - Photos / Dole-Kaina: The Border Town Where Nigeria, Niger And Benin Republics Meet / Bus Crushes Nollywood Actress To Death, Injures 5 Others In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.