Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,162 members, 7,780,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:12 AM

The Glory Is In The Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Glory Is In The Word (551 Views)

The Glory Of Adam Before The Fall / Difference Between The Power Of God And The Glory Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Glory Is In The Word by Fingesi(m): 10:19am On Mar 24, 2015
By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

And he said unto them, Set your hearts unto all the words which I testify among you this day, which ye shall command your children to observe to do, all the words of this law. For it is not a vain thing for you; because it is your life... (Deuteronomy 32:46-47).

The Word of God instructs us and guides us, but the Word is more than a guidebook or a book of instructions; God's Word is life! The children of Israel saw the Law as instructions, but Moses had a different mind-set; he regarded the Law as life. Read again his admonition to the children of Israel in the opening verse. No wonder Moses knew the ways of God, while the children of Israel were only acquainted with the acts of God; they saw God's Word as commandments to obey, instead of seeing the picture of His righteousness.

The Word of God is the mirror of God that unveils His character, nature, and personality, as well as His image and description of you. The Word of God mirrors you. For example, the Word says, "...count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience" (James 1:2-3).

What God is showing you here is beyond an instruction; He's showing you the glory in the Word and the kind of person He's made you: you're the one who counts it all joy irrespective of the tests, trials, and tribulations, because you know you'll always triumph! This is your life. He wants you to see the glory in the instruction.

Think, talk, and live according to the picture of you that you see in the Word! Be who the Word says you are! Satan, circumstances, and situations may try to sway you otherwise, but stick only with the picture of your life that the Word of God has presented to you.

As you keep looking into the mirror of God, you become what you see: "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord" (2 Corinthians 3:18).

P R A Y E R
Dear Father, I thank you for the glory in your Word. Your Word is more than a set of instructions; it is an unveiling of your glory in my life. As I meditate on the Word, I'm transfigured into the exact image of what I see, translated from one level of glory to another, by your Spirit, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
James 1:22-25 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. ;

2 Corinthians 3:18 AMP And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Luke 5:17-39,
Deuteronomy 28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Matthew 25:14-30,
Exodus 33

Worship with us at
Christ Embassy Kado
Capitol Lake Hotel
Adjacent Jabi river
Jabi, Abuja
09028651279u
Re: The Glory Is In The Word by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 24, 2015
ok

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Repercaution Using Black Magic And Worshiping Idols / Bosom Bumps, Blow Jobs & BOOM [God’s Prophetesses Are Coming! - Non-sexual] / Books Not Included In New Testament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.