Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: (1910 Views)

Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) / Which University Is The Most Beautiful In Nigeria? (photos) / Walden University Is On My Neck. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 24, 2015
This is just my candid opinion.
Having worked several years in the foremost audit company in the world and with almost a decade of experience in the coperate world, I think what im about to say would be very useful to the discerning mind.

First of all, schooling in Nigeria is not really a good idea due to our poor education standard but if you must school in Nigeria, please attend a private school.

Recruiters do not really care where you get your degree. As long as its an accredited university and you come out with good grade (2.1 and above), you will be preferred equally or even more than your federal counterparts.

Gone are the days when federal schools had what it takes.
Gone are the days when a 2.2. From a federal school is more respected than a 2.1 from a private school

This is just my advise to the young ones writing or re-writing JAMB.

No need to waste further time. Apply to an accredited private school if you have the resources and make sure you graduate with a 2.1.
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by Elxandre(m): 10:59am On Mar 24, 2015
Will you sponsor me in the private uni cheesy
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 24, 2015
Elxandre:
Will you sponsor me in the private uni cheesy

Some fedral universities are kore rxpensive than some private universities.
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by Elxandre(m): 11:44am On Mar 24, 2015
icebeatz:

Some fedral universities are kore rxpensive than some private universities.
That's very untrue!

Okay, name one standard cheaper private school! smiley
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 24, 2015
Elxandre:

That's very untrue!

Okay, name one standard cheaper private school! smiley

Open university. ?
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by Elxandre(m): 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
icebeatz:

Open university. ?
That's not a private university. cheesy
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
Elxandre:

That's not a private university. cheesy

Say God... loool... i thought it was a private uni.
But they are doing well.

My biggest regret is going to a public uni.
i got in at 17

finished at 21... but i no learn shiiit,,
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by francizy(m): 9:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
Well, school doesn't add to qualifications else, I would have gotten a job judging from the fact that I attended the "great ABU". Heard some stuff about Convenant Uni students favoured over other Uni grads of recent but I don't know how true that is.

It all depends on what one has to offer to the outside world, ones creativity, ones passion, etc., else expect to only learn dy/dx (for Engineering students) in school.

Modified

Also, it depends on the program and the course one is offering. I think Poly students/graduates are better equipped for the outside world than B.Sc. students and graduates. I've interacted with poly students and graduates, mehn, those guys learn practicals well.
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
francizy:
Well, school doesn't add to qualifications else, I would have gotten a job judging from the fact that I attended the "great ABU". Heard some stuff about Convenant Uni students favoured over other Uni grads of recent but I don't know how true that is.

It all depends on what one has to offer to the outside world, ones creativity, ones passion, etc., else expect to only learn dy/dx (for Engineering students) in school.

Modified

Also, it depends on the program and the course one is offering. I think Poly students/graduates are better equipped for the outside world than B.Sc. students and graduates. I've interacted with poly students and graduates, mehn, those guys learn practicals well.

gbaaam!!!

Gone are the days when going to a fed university was something to be proud of.
I am only saying that young folks should not waste their precious time writing jamb over and over again.
With an average score, u can find a private school willing to accept you.
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by francizy(m): 9:49pm On Mar 24, 2015
icebeatz:

gbaaam!!!

Gone are the days when going to a fed university was something to be proud of.
I am only saying that young folks should not waste their precious time writing jamb over and over again.
With an average score, u can find a private school willing to accept you.

It must not be a Uni, they can also acquire OND and HND in polys if they can't gain admission into Fed Uni or have money for private Uni
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by Elxandre(m): 11:15pm On Mar 24, 2015
icebeatz:

Say God... loool... i thought it was a private uni.
But they are doing well.

My biggest regret is going to a public uni.
i got in at 17

finished at 21... but i no learn shiiit,,
Lool... National open university is a distance learning center bro. I had some financial problems in my former school (Ghana) , so my folks enrolled me there since it's easy to get into.
I never went though cos I knew it was going to be a waste of time. cheesy

Bro, only few private schools in Nigeria are up to the mark.
I seriously wish I'm through with school right now. sad
Finishing young gives you a head start to life. smiley
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
Elxandre:

Lool... National open university is a distance learning center bro. I had some financial problems in my former school (Ghana) , so my folks enrolled me there since it's easy to get into.
I never went though cos I knew it was going to be a waste of time. cheesy

Bro, only few private schools in Nigeria are up to the mark.
I seriously wish I'm through with school right now. sad
Finishing young gives you a head start to life. smiley

the age you finish doesnt really matter.
If you are financially buoyant, get an advanced degree abroad.

If Open University is accredited please attend it and make a sharp 2.1 or first class.
im tell you what i know. RECRUITERS DONT CARE WHERE U SCHOOLED.

schooling abroad gives you an edge though!
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by Elxandre(m): 11:28pm On Mar 24, 2015
icebeatz:

the age you finish doesnt really matter.
If you are financially buoyant, get an advanced degree abroad.

If Open University is accredited please attend it and make a sharp 2.1 or first class.
im tell you what i know. RECRUITERS DONT CARE WHERE U SCHOOLED.

schooling abroad gives you an edge though!
smiley
It's difficult not to be under pressure when you are doing certain things at not too exactly appropriate time.

Nice advice though bro.
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 24, 2015
Elxandre:

smiley
It's difficult not to be under pressure when you are doing certain things at not too exactly appropriate time.

Nice advice though bro.

its actually an advantage.
At this point, you know what you want....
When i was in school, i jonced alot and i didn't attend up to 20 lectures from first year to final.
I graduated with a 2.2 and was lucky to secure a really hot job.

If i have the chance to go back to school, i will definitely do 10 times better.
So being more matured, IS AN ADVANTAGE.
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by Elxandre(m): 11:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
icebeatz:

its actually an advantage.
At this point, you know what you want....
When i was in school, i jonced alot and i didn't attend up to 20 lectures from first year to final.
I graduated with a 2.2 and was lucky to secure a really hot job.

If i have the chance to go back to school, i will definitely do 10 times better.
So being more matured, IS AN ADVANTAGE.

You know what you want really! Very true.
But with the really hot job you secured despite not attending much classes cheesy you can't do no wrong bro cheesy

#bliss
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 25, 2015
Elxandre:

You know what you want really! Very true.
But with the really hot job you secured despite not attending much classes cheesy you can't do no wrong bro cheesy

#bliss

I was lucky!
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by saintvc(m): 1:11am On Mar 25, 2015
Frustrated Nigeria
Re: Schooling In Federal Or State University Is A Waste Of Time:::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 1:40am On Mar 25, 2015
saintvc:
Frustrated Nigeria

what you mean G?

(1) (Reply)

Medicine Direct Entry Into Nigerian Universities / Personal Paid Announcement On Radio / She Seduced Me And I Slept With Her During Extra Moral Lesson-- Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.