Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,912 members, 7,806,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos (10316 Views)

African Rockstar! Davido Thrills Fans In Abidjan,and The Show Hasnt Even Happend / Any Rock Fans In This House ? What Are Ur Fav Bands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by spikedcylinder: 10:42am On Feb 05, 2009
Recently got into German Tokio Hotel. Where have they been? shocked shocked
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by aquastar(m): 3:35pm On Feb 05, 2009
this thread feels like home man (ignoring the few haters, anyway). I cant start to list all the bands i listen to i'd still be typing tomorow, i was surprised some bands tokio hotel got mentioned here though and my all time fav hard rock band breaking benjamin, man they make you forget all the nickelback back stuff. speaking of nickel back, i always thought it was impossible to beat "all the right reason" and dark horse proved it. hinder is also a greater band but i think they focus too much on sex, theory of a deadman(i knew then through the game fehrenheit) and pubble of mudd are cool i dont really do punk but i would make exception for some relient k, all american rejects(is this punk) maybe simple plan. Fav soft rock band are marron 5 keane coldplay bloc party and i tried hard to like u2 but they just bored me, i love bon jovi tho, and all the popular one.linkin park, evanescence etc. christian rock is also cool rush of fools, the afters, skillet demon hunter , underoath the list goes one. and i am absolutely crazy about hillsong music and for those of you who didnt know they have left the day of "all things are possible" and are more into worship rock now thanks to the likes of marty sampson and joel houston(the pastor's son). brooke fraser, reuben morgan mia fieldes, matt croker, and ofcourse darlene zschech are all fantastic songwriters and worship leaders. god bless hillsong.
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 05, 2009
U2 bore you? Feel like squishing you now. angry cheesy
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 06, 2009
hey,nobody is talkin of jeremy camp,avril lavigne.3 doors down nd nickel.are my fav.9ice 2 kno dere r so many rock fans in 9ija,
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by blinx(m): 2:47pm On Feb 06, 2009
@aquastar
If u eva say dat U2 bore u again u'll be hearing from. Guy u'er talking about my favorite rock band. The band dat introduced me to roch music. Pls dont say it again.
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 06, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Recently got into German Tokio Hotel. Where have they been? shocked shocked
Love them smiley
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by Nobody: 3:21am On Feb 08, 2009
Who's Tokio Hotel? undecided
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by akpos4uall(m): 2:44pm On Feb 11, 2009
Can the topic for this be changed to something like "For Pop/Rock Fans"? So far, I will say we truly have pop/rock fans in naija and most especially in Lagos. This is because over 70% of them I have come across stay in Lagos.
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by princesa(f): 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2009
i just imagine myself listening to a Rock music on a hot afternoon
coupled with high headache, thinking it bring soothing like other music
dont tell me i can imagine . . . . very terrible smiley
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by MadMax1(f): 3:22pm On Feb 11, 2009
aquastar:

christian rock is also cool rush of fools, the afters, skillet demon hunter , underoath the list goes one. and i am absolutely crazy about hillsong music and for those of you who didnt know they have left the day of "all things are possible" and are more into worship rock now thanks to the likes of marty sampson and joel houston(the pastor's son). brooke fraser, reuben morgan mia fieldes, matt croker, and ofcourse darlene zschech are all fantastic songwriters and worship leaders. god bless hillsong.

Sort of surprised you like Christain rock,but didn't mention Switchfoot and Newsboys.Great great great Bands.
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by justkunmi(m): 12:17am On Feb 12, 2009
KarmaMod
yeah, Coldplay sounds depressing sometimes, But their songs are very soothing. 'trouble' is a very good song. Sounds depressing though. But i think their most depressing but eerily soothing song is 'spies', I listen to that song everyday. Its on my phone, on my PC, so everywhere I go I listen to it. Next is ''cemeteries of london''.
I'm in love with them. .and 'Viva la Vida' just got song of the year at the grammys,

@3-7
Finally someone likes Within Temptation. Very beautiful band. Sounds a bit like Evanescence, but with a bit more Gothic background. I love the songs 'frozen' and 'heart of everything'.

Panic! At The Disco is just a crazy band. Very funny lyrics and titles. Sounds like Fallout Boy. I love the song ''I think these tables are numbered for a reason darling, you just havent found out yet''. . .and yeah, that was the title of the song.
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by bankhead(m): 5:19pm On Feb 12, 2009
hey brodas, neva knew a thread like this exist, i'm not really into hard rock but i just love[b] system of a down[/b].i'm more into softer versions and alternatives. my favourites, 3doors down, coldplay,placebo, tokio hotel,goo goo dolls.rasmus,bullet for my valentine, lots more, and i 4got i so love the cranberries.nithing like these to get u inspired, cheers grin[b][/b]

Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by Gamine(f): 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2009
Tokio Hotel's sound. .i love their accents

@Topic

I like rock but i can never understand the appeal for heavy metal. . .headache inducing, plus, you can hardly dance to it

plus. . .you cant hear what the heck they are saying, plus. .its demonic!!! cheesy
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by princesa(f): 2:29pm On Feb 13, 2009
true believer there
thank you wink
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by spikedcylinder: 11:33am On Feb 15, 2009
stillwater:

Who's Tokio Hotel? undecided

They are a German rock group. smiley
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by eldee(m): 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2009
Did anyone see how Kings of Leon cleared the Brits?
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by follypimpi(m): 2:16pm On Feb 22, 2009
Does any1 luv the Chemical Brothers AM A ROCK-STER.

@Princesca

I pity ur ass,u talking like a deranged animal from the Villa in Ilorin.What bout the Xtain Rock singers are they demonic? KMT
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by jadestar: 10:01am On Feb 23, 2009
What the hell?

ADEMA
AVENGED SEVENFOLD
BREAKING BENJAMIN
CROSSFADE
DEFTONES
DISTURBED
DRY CELL
EVANESCENCE
GODHEAD
KORN
LINKIN PARK
ORGY
PAPA ROACH
SLIP KNOT
STATIC - X
SYSTEM OF A DOWN
THREE DAYS GRACE

No love for Wicked Wisdom? Come on now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8YLNFAdJp8&

Oh and if you like Evanescence you'll like Lacuna Coil even better (since thats who Evanescence copies).
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by jadestar: 10:08am On Feb 23, 2009
justkunmi (m)
jimkolex2002

Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos
« #13 on: January 21, 2009, 02:36 AM »

i'm a big rock addict. Got almost 22 gig worth of songs, Rock songs making 80%. .
RCHP is cool, I Love Zephy Song, Carlifornication and Paper Tissue, Crazy songs. .

@Poster

Kamelot - excellent!

Within Temptation. .you'll love 'em if you like Evanescence . - THIS IS TH TRUTH!

And you will like Eyes of Eden if you like Within Temptation. What do you think of Nightwish. People seem to love them or hate them. I like the new singer better than the old one but most old fans don't.

Also I am a big Lacuna Coil fan. I'm also a rock singer, and producer (see my post in the Future of Rock Music in Nigeria to hear some of my work).
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by jadestar: 10:37am On Feb 23, 2009
So do you think there are enough fans of harder rock/metal in Naija to fill a venue if a tour of say Wicked Wisdom, or Nightwish or the like came to Lagos?

I've never been to Nigeria but I promised myself if my band gets big we will go!  smiley
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by YEMINEM(m): 5:16am On Feb 28, 2009
@Justkunmi
how can i contact u, lets share from each other's vast collection of rock music. i have a tetrabyte (1,000gb) 33% consist of mp3 music, approx 15% of which are rock music, ranging from soft,hard rock to few heavy metals.

@jadestar
looking 4 rock band to team tour with in nigeria, hope u find, and if u do, hope they possess real quality and not some lagos kpangolo punks who claim to be rockers.

years back, i tried to assemble like minds with great affinity for hard rock (they weren't really into heavy metal as such), it never worked out because they lost interest, they were also afraid of bad-labelling and stigma, they just couldn't form that band i'd wished 4 but i remain relentless in my search and thank ZEUS i now have a friend who's not only lyrically sound in rap, but has dis burning flare for rock music too. he has proven it and more than willing. a day is coming when we shall arise like a phoenix, who says 2 can't make a band, we gon'be d deadliest rock duo in naija.

have got some questions for u,

what leitmotif is ur rock music based on?
what particular style have u adopted from evansescence?
is there goin to be some helluva screaming and shouting in ur production?
are u really deep into rock? cos i think a dedicated and bonafide rock chic should at least have a small tatoo drawn somewhere, what a waste of skin.

have u seen Flyleaf's Lacey Mosley's music video for "i'm so sick" that appeared briefly in the 2007 film Live Free or Die Hard (Die Hard 4.0), if u have, that's the kind of stuff i'm talking about; (from a silent whispering tone, secs l8er secs later, bursting suddenly into an heavy deep scream synchronised with heavy percussion beats, laced with striking electronic guitar sound. i love sh*t like that.

@all rockers
Have any1 of you heard "Red Tape by Agent Provocateur" Underworld trailer soundtrack, i only heard it once and think it kinda sound like Three Days Grace's Never Too Late. Need to download it but my damn dial-up internet connection wouldn't cos it's too fu*kn slow, well if any1 has that track, pls holla @ me. nme@rock.com

Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 04, 2009
hey,id like 2 ask where can i get rock albums in lag other than nu metro or galleria, seriously.or wld any1 do me a favour by mms(in) me fall out boys-4rm under d cork tree- to 08065492682, or their soundtracks 2 billivanilla@yahoo.com or millivanilla4real@yahoo.com, currently in lov wiv jacks manequin,simple plan, and whos heard of bethany joy galleotti, who's d artist dat sang d soundtrack of d serie<one tree hill>, kiss
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by Nkeirubaby: 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2009
jadestar:

So do you think there are enough fans of harder rock/metal in Naija to fill a venue if a tour of say Wicked Wisdom, or Nightwish or the like came to Lagos?

I've never been to Nigeria but I promised myself if my band gets big we will go!  smiley

I don't think so, but nothing beats the live sound. I've seen Placebo, No Doubt and Marilyn Manson live. Totally awesome
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by DeReloaded: 4:30pm On Mar 04, 2009
I thought Tokio Hotel was a Japanese group?
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by jadestar: 3:31am On Mar 09, 2009
YEMINEM said:

>@jadestar
looking 4 rock band to team tour with in nigeria, hope u find, and if u do, hope they possess real quality and not some lagos kpangolo punks who claim to be rockers.

Yes. We will want quality. Music with some real thought put into it.

>years back, i tried to assemble like minds with great affinity for hard rock (they weren't really into heavy metal as such), it never worked out because they lost interest, they were also afraid of bad-labelling and stigma, they just couldn't form that band i'd wished 4 but i remain relentless in my search and thank ZEUS i now have a friend who's not only lyrically sound in rap, but has dis burning flare for rock music too.

Sounds like you guys could open up for N.E.R.D if they ever get back together with Spymob. Or maybe Linkin Park.

>he has proven it and more than willing. a day is coming when we shall arise like a phoenix, who says 2 can't make a band, we gon'be d deadliest rock duo in naija.

Do it! You never know how far it can go till you do it.

>have got some questions for u,

ok

>what leitmotif is ur rock music based on?

What is a leitmotif?

>what particular style have u adopted from evansescence?

Well I am influenced by Lacuna Coil and Plumb. Two bands/artists Evanescence's Amy Lee cites as big influences on her. I actually discovered Evanescnce from listening to Lacuna Coil not the other way around. Plus its easier to say Evanescence than "Goth Metal" when a lot of people don't know what Goth Metal is but everyone knows Evanescence.

I'd say i'm influenced both musically and vocally though i do not have the range of Cristina Scabba or even Amy Lee.

is there goin to be some helluva screaming and shouting in ur production?

Not at all. That's not my style. I'm melodic. If there is some shouting or growling it will be from another band member not me and it wont be the focus of the song.

>are u really deep into rock? cos i think a dedicated and bonafide rock chic should at least have a small tatoo drawn somewhere, what a waste of skin.

Due to my spiritual and family beliefs I do not feel it is best for me to get a tatoo but I have been a rock chic from way back. I have hella temporary tatoos for performances.
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by spikedcylinder: 4:02am On Mar 09, 2009
DeReloaded:

I thought Tokio Hotel was a Japanese group?

Because of their name perhaps? They are German, their first 2 albums was strictly dutch.

@ jadestar, a bit off topic but have you had any work done on your face?
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by trimandtrendy(f): 6:36pm On Mar 26, 2009
Hey guys am a big fan, a big rock fan. Within temptation rules moi, evanescence, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE!!! Anyone heard of them? They rock
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by justkunmi(m): 12:13pm On Mar 27, 2009
@yeminemhey,
sorry for coming in late, been very busy with sum stuff, back nowyeah i'm in lagos. wont be a bad idea sharing songs, contact me first via email so we can see how we can get to meet.
justkunmi@gmail.com
hope you have a lotta stuff to share, lol,

@trimandtrendy
killswitch engage is very nice, very heavy. but i like 'em. nice band.
u heard of hawthorne heights? these guys are all im listening to now. they just blend it nicely. not soft and at the same time not too loud, just cool.
listening to Kamelot alot now. and Skillet.

pls anyone here heard of Skillet? pls pls pls, wink grin

@jadestar
wld be pretty nice to hear one of ur songs.
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by trimandtrendy(f): 2:37pm On Mar 27, 2009
yeah, i have heard of skillet, i love them, who loves within temptation here? Hawthorne heights rock too.
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by justkunmi(m): 8:17pm On Mar 30, 2009
Within Temptation in soo coool. i love the Heart of Everything and Frozen, very crazy songs,
i thnk they sound better than Evanescence
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by kaypumpin2(m): 9:24pm On Mar 30, 2009
From Oasis to Gun n Roses,to RHCP,Evanescence(oh how i love 'em),Aerosmith,BonJovi,Cold Play,Nickelback,U2 et al.

Rock music ahem ahem ROCKS!oopps,was about saying they put the rock in rocks

Princesa,i wouldn't condemn your perception as other rockers have done,will only advise you to start from the soft rocks like Nickelback,Evanescence et al.You know what they day about taste and pudding

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures From Music Meets Runway / Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? / Goldie Harvey - Say My Name ( Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.