Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. (30044 Views)

Court Okays Suit Seeking Amaechi And Onu’s Arrest, Sacking / Saraki’s CCT Trial Adjourned To October 21 / Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by Lakeshizu(m): 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
tit:
All Nigerians Say Yea to
Goodluck Aminu Olaniyi Azikiwe Jonathan!

Ok, your opponents have run themselves into a ditch,
take a bow and go.
My Robot, did your Battery run down?........ tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by FitnessNigeria: 4:24pm On Mar 24, 2015
They should allow Buhari to contest oooo.

Is better he is beaten at the polls than give his violent supporters a reason to go haywire
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by hardbody: 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
Mynd44:
*Yawns*

Whoever loses in this court case is going to appeal and status quo maintained.

This does not affect the elections at all

Bros you started correctly and then missed it again. The status quo is that GEJ is and remains in power till that substantive matter is resolved. The alternative will amount to a possibility of the courts taking a decision that would have been overtaken by events.

I dont really care. They should do what they each need to do so we can move on as a country or disintegrate

1 Like

Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 4:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
Buhari would surley go down tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
Keneking:
Great...lalasticlala, Oga Seun e don happen...thanks a lot for the gravitational movement to fp.

Buhari survived today...i can confirm that the coast is now clear ever than before grin

All the prayers, fasting and consultation with the oracles has failed to stop the General. It has ended 0-0 kiss Tomorrow is another day to keep.

Sai Buhari....victory is assured in court and at the polls.

Dont be too hasty to celebrate. Wait till after the outcome of the judgment tomorrow.
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
RedBenson:

Dont be too hasty to celebrate. Wait till after the outcome of the judgment tomorrow.

Did you get the message in the earlier post? There is relief in both camps....VICTORY IS ASSURED FOR THE GENERAL, take it or leave it. grin
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by RaphaeloBurgess: 4:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
Get it clear. The case has been adjourned indefinitely. However, the case adjourned till tomorrow is the case of a Lagos Laywer who is seeking to join the case as a defendant. So the case is technically dead because the election would go as planned and GMB would win. The Principle of Event Overtaking would then apply later on.

TVC NEWS [ABUJA] - A Federal High court in Abuja on Tuesday resolved to hear pending applications from the defendants along with the substantive suit challenging General Muhammadu Buhari’s eligibility to contest Saturday’s Presidential election.

It is also to decide whether or not to grant leave to the parties seeking to be joined in the matter.

TVC News Joke Adisa reports that Buhari’s counsels led by Lateef Fagbemi had approached the court with two applications and insisting that those applications be heard and ruled upon before the commencement of the substantive suit.

The defence counsel is challenging the jurisdiction of the court to hear the matter in the first place while also insisting that his client was not properly served the originating summons.

But delivering ruling on the applications, Justice Adetokunbo Ademola held that both contending applications would be heard along with the substantive suit, though, no date has been fixed for it yet.

A new twist has however been added to the case as a Lagos-based lawyer, Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa and one other person are seeking to be joined as defendants citing their notable contributions to the growth of Nigeria’s democracy.

The court has however fixed Wednesday, 25 for ruling on the application for joinder.

Chike Okafor, a Nigerian dragged Buhari to court alleging among others that the former Head of State is not eligible to contest the Presidential election

3 Likes

Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 24, 2015
hardbody:

Bros you started correctly and then missed it again. The status quo is that GEJ is and remains in power till that substantive matter is resolved. The alternative will amount to a possibility of the courts taking a decision that would have been overtaken by events.

I dont really care. They should do what they each need to do so we can move on as a country or disintegrate

Please don't promote violence
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by Longeria(m): 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2015
barcanista:
And the APC on NL claimed it has been delivered in Buhari's favor cheesy. I patiently await the outcome
Can you imagine their life,full of lie2.

1 Like

Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by eightsin(m): 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
Why can't he just satisfy the law!

1 Like

Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by obailala(m): 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hmmm... Judgement shifted by 24 hours?.. quite strange. Now is the time for PDP to strike. The APC should have a vigil around the house of the judges till tomorrow. Better safe than sorry.
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by hope4nigeria(m): 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
Longeria:
The consolidated suit seeking to disqualify the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has been adjourned to Wednesday.

The judgment on the suit, praying the court to disqualify Buhari from the presidential race for various allegations surrounding his certificate, had earlier been fixed for Tuesday at the Federal High Court in Abuja.

Details later. ..

http://www.punchng.com/news/suit-seeking-to-disqualify-buhari-adjourned-to-wed/
Nothing like details later! I'm very sure the A/C in the court room were not working! Due to electricity failure,And the judge can't withstand the smelling heat coming out of PDPs councel fasting and prayers! That's why he adjoned the case. He keep adjorning till Buhari will come and fix light. Victory is certain for Buhari.
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
We go give dem shock, weather Buhari contest or not defeat is on de way.
who will defeat who?
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by skentelelady(f): 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
Associate yourself oh you PDP, you shall be broken into pieces

Give ears of you of SS/SE, gird yourself and you shall be broken into piece

Take counsel/courtcases/BH/certificate/Sharia etc together against our General, they shall be brought to naught

Speak your evil words/propaganda, they shall not stand

For God has appointed/ anointed GMB/PYO and is with them come March 28th to occupy Aso Rock

And if God has done all these, no power, jupiter, propaganda, rigging, etc can stand against it
cheesy cheesy
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by IVORY2009(m): 4:38pm On Mar 24, 2015
Trut:
An APC f000l called Obidiah77 on the other thread said court affirm GMB eligibility in his presence. APC and lie na 5 & 6.

Obidiah77 that lives in the UK, how was he able to witness the court case? Frm observation most APC supporters here in nairaland.com are based abroad.
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by Longeria(m): 4:38pm On Mar 24, 2015
RaphaeloBurgess:
Get it clear. The case has been adjourned indefinitely. However, the case adjourned till tomorrow is the case of a Lagos Laywer who is seeking to join the case as a defendant. So the case is technically dead because the election would go as planned and GMB would win. The Principle of Event Overtaking would then apply later on.

TVC NEWS [ABUJA] - A Federal High court in Abuja on Tuesday resolved to hear pending applications from the defendants along with the substantive suit challenging General Muhammadu Buhari’s eligibility to contest Saturday’s Presidential election.

It is also to decide whether or not to grant leave to the parties seeking to be joined in the matter.

TVC News Joke Adisa reports that Buhari’s counsels led by Lateef Fagbemi had approached the court with two applications and insisting that those applications be heard and ruled upon before the commencement of the substantive suit.

The defence counsel is challenging the jurisdiction of the court to hear the matter in the first place while also insisting that his client was not properly served the originating summons.

But delivering ruling on the applications, Justice Adetokunbo Ademola held that both contending applications would be heard along with the substantive suit, though, no date has been fixed for it yet.

A new twist has however been added to the case as a Lagos-based lawyer, Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa and one other person are seeking to be joined as defendants citing their notable contributions to the growth of Nigeria’s democracy.

The court has however fixed Wednesday, 25 for ruling on the application for joinder.

Chike Okafor, a Nigerian dragged Buhari to court alleging among others that the former Head of State is not eligible to contest the Presidential election
Where is the link to your story.
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by steppin: 4:38pm On Mar 24, 2015
skentelelady:
Associate yourself oh you PDP, you shall be broken into pieces

Give ears of you of SS/SE, gird yourself and you shall be broken into piece

Take counsel/courtcases/BH/certificate/Sharia etc together against our General, they shall be brought to naught

Speak your evil words/propaganda, they shall not stand

For God has appointed/ anointed GMB/PYO and is with them come March 28th to occupy Aso Rock

And if God has done all these, no power, jupiter, propaganda, rigging, etc can stand against it
cheesy cheesy
The God that appointed your GMB is a fake god.

3 Likes

Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by olas24u(f): 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
IVORY2009:

Obidiah77 that lives in the UK, how was he able to witness the court case? Frm observation most APC supporters here in nairaland.com are based abroad.

I live here southwest Nigeria in Iruland,I am from iruland
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by netmillionaires(m): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2015
Keneking:
Great...lalasticlala, Oga Seun e don happen...thanks a lot for the gravitational movement to fp.

Buhari survived today...i can confirm that the coast is now clear ever than before grin

All the prayers, fasting and consultation with the oracles has failed to stop the General. It has ended 0-0 kiss Tomorrow is another day to keep.

Sai Buhari....victory is assured in court and at the polls.
should we tell each other the truth? I have always known that this judgement will be adjourn but if Buhari win this election brother Jona will now order the court to disqualify him so that he won't be sworn in. Wahala don dey o.

1 Like

Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by tolexy007(m): 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ymodulus:

No mind them sister. All are just noise makers. PDP are good at noise making
seriously, i dont c any reason y GMB, cant just present d certificate, so dat we can just focus on d election, o sun mi oo
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
netmillionaires:

should we tell each other the truth? I have always known that this judgement will be adjourn but if Buhari win this election brother Jona will now order the court to disqualify him so that he won't be sworn in. Wahala don dey o.

Dont forget that Jonathan has a date in the court over multiple swearing-in if he wins grin
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by IVORY2009(m): 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
olas24u:

I live here southwest Nigeria in Iruland,I am from iruland

You lie sis. Finland babe how're u 2day?
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by onlyson16(m): 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2015
am tired of dis 9ja wuruwuru nd magomago
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by Riodiao(m): 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2015
I KNEW IT WOULD BE ADJOURNED CUS GEJ IS IN LAGOS RIGHT NOW. THE MOMENT HE LEAVES THE JUDGE WILL RULE OR GIVE VERDICT
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by olas24u(f): 4:43pm On Mar 24, 2015
IVORY2009:

You lie sis. Finland babe how're u 2day?

I live here in Iruland
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by steppin: 4:43pm On Mar 24, 2015
IVORY2009:

Who dash am UK? If he could lie about something like this, then his claims of living in the UK is also another fat lie!
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by Chimezie250(m): 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2015
Can someone advice this BUHARI to present this certificate and save us from this heating of political atmosphere

1 Like

Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
Longeria:
Can you imagine their life,full of lie2.
The guy even said he wa inside court room grin
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by IVORY2009(m): 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
olas24u:

I live here in Iruland

Only time will tell, do you hv a PVC, I doubt so... Will u be coming down to 9ja to vote? cheesy
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
I don't take this disqualification shiitt serious because I know it'll never happen. Everyone should just focus on the Saturday election and get it over and done with, so the People's General could take his rightful place in Aso Rock grin grin
Re: Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. by netmillionaires(m): 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
Keneking:

Dont forget that Jonathan has a date in the court over multiple swearing-in if he wins grin
ok o. Let's just watch politics play out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Buhari Arrives Maiduguri For COAS Conference / LP Candidates Defeat PDP Reps Members In Enugu’s Seven Constituencies / Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.