Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,851 members, 7,806,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank (15963 Views)

Woman Drinks Concoction From A Pastor And Dies, Buried Amidst Tears (Pics) / Pastor And Native Doctor Confess To Killing People, Paraded With Their Rituals / Pastor And Native Doctor Stripped Unclad In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by lalasticlala(m): 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
A pastor and his wife have been arraigned by the Enugu State Police Command before a Magistrates’ Court sitting in the State for attacking a co-tenant.

The pastor identified as David Orji and his wife- Happiness Orji were dragged before the magistrate court for assaulting one Mr Chukwudi Ugwu with a stick.

Both couple however pleaded not guilty to the charges.

According to the prosecutor, Osita Atama, the matter was lodged at the Uwani Police Station in Enugu on February 26.

Atama affirmed that the suspects attacked Ugwu with a plank, leaving him with severe injuries.

The prosecutor said the offence committed by the couple was punishable under Section 258 of the Criminal Code, Cap 30 Vol ll, Laws of Enugu State of Nigeria, 2004.

Atama however urged the court not to grant the accused bail, noting that he refused to make a statement while in the police station.

The defence counsel, Mr Linus Ebere, on his part prayed the court to grant the couple bail as the offence was bailable.

Ebere said “The offence is bailable and considering the condition of the second accused, who is pregnant, and his husband, a pastor, I am very sure they will not jump bail, if granted.‘’

The accused persons were consequently granted bail by the magistrate, Mr Kingsley Eze, in the sum of N50,000 each and one surety who must reside within the court’s jurisdiction.

The case was however adjourned till March 30.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/03/24/police-drags-pastor-wife-to-court-for-attacking-co-tenant/
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hahaha pastor too dey watch wrestling and hollywood movie...Not every pastors were called by GOD,some flashed GOD so that he can call them back.......End time pastors everywhere

tchidi:
The church is becoming 'worldly' and the world is becoming 'churchy' sad undecided
Look into my eyes and tell me you like me....grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by akinsadeez(m): 4:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
Pastor

Yesterday, church members were fighting themselves in the same church. undecided

Today, pastor and wife are attacking their co-tenant. undecided

What on earth is Christianity turning into?

Well, even Jesus said that not every one who calls him 'Lord' will enter the kingdom anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
The church is becoming 'worldy' and the world is becoming 'churchy' sad undecided

5 Likes

Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2015
Its crazy that those who ought to be Sheperds are now the goats

3 Likes

Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by amunkita(m): 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
Am sure d plank used on d co-tenant was to chase out demons..

Jst dat d tenant's demon is a civil demon...

3 Likes

Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by valmunich(m): 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
Pastor indeed undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
Too much emphasis is placed on the title, "pastor", that most people fail to bear cognizance that they are just mere humans.

The fact that one has attained a certain level of spiritual/religious leadership doesn't mean he is incapable of doing wrong or expressing misguided behavior

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by ObiOkpor(m): 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2015
Fake pastor.
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by Slimzjoe(m): 5:05pm On Mar 24, 2015
From the dayz of John the Baptist, until now...The kingdom of heaven suffereth violence and only the 'VIOLENT' shall take it by force grin
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by eleojo23: 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
With the increase in the number of pastors, people need to be careful who they follow and listen to.
Many of these so called pastors have not had the touch of God on their lives. It is possible for a child of God to make mistakes but there are certain things he will do that would show you that he has not surrendered himself for God to work upon him. He is still raw.
He is like a cake not turned - he has only experienced a little touch of divine grace. If such a person yields to the full touch of grace, his life will be like a well turned cake which everyone will want to eat of. People will be blessed when they come in contact with him.

1 Like

Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by johnydon22(m): 5:20pm On Mar 24, 2015
and surely they will drag this crap to the front page.. **sighs** ok we've heard..
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
wakacome:

Look into my eyes and tell me you like me....grin grin

tongue embarassed tongue
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by smakati(m): 6:14pm On Mar 24, 2015
Notin wey person no go read for this nairaland.
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by missbehave247(m): 6:54pm On Mar 24, 2015
Wonder they said shall never end
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by steppin: 6:54pm On Mar 24, 2015
Endtime pastors!
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 24, 2015
sad sadAll these Enugu pastors sef. >: sad >:

1 Like

Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by otokx(m): 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2015
A lot of funny things happening in Enugu.
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2015
Team work.
They should form a wrestling team.

na them dey bring disgrace to the body of Christ.
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by RichDad1(m): 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2015
Seems they're related to Clifford Orji
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2015
k
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by RichDad1(m): 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2015
Seems they're trying to beat the Devil in him out.
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by Dragonking: 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2015
They should leave the pastors alone. He is a man of God and has right to do anything to anybody he so wishes. cool
remember, touch not my annoited.
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
Why are Nigerians so angry these days?
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by smakati(m): 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
Jesus too did it angry
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by DesChyko: 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
Terry G-inspired 'holy couple'.. #AkpakoTinz grin
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by siegfried99(m): 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
Chai
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by Exponental(m): 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2015
pastor & pastor mrs....
sorry
tout & tout mrs......
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by Pangea: 7:00pm On Mar 24, 2015
grin
Pastors no dey wait for God to judge again!
They are the one carrying out judgement themselves with two by four plank!

1 Like

Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by Akbee(m): 7:00pm On Mar 24, 2015
Just passing tru
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by ednut1(m): 7:00pm On Mar 24, 2015
yeye rolling
Re: Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank by dedons: 7:01pm On Mar 24, 2015
Good day my good nairalanders...

I'v been having a hard time on nairaland these days simply because i hardly get likes...

Please do me a favour and help me get 150likes today...

God bless you as you like my post.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Male Campus Pastor Paying Female Members Personal Visitation."alone"....ok?? / Mohammed's Perfect Advise: Pre-marital Sex And Pregnancy / Nigeria’s President Should Appoint Tb Joshua As An Official Advisor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.