Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Is Adopting A Child Bad? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Adopting A Child Bad? (2557 Views)

Single Woman Interested In Adopting A Child / Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Adopting A Child Bad? by SmartFaces(f): 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
I got a call from my mum this morning informing of the death of my aunt's adopted son who ran out of the house for one month now.

Many years back, before i was, my aunt's had two biological kids, a boy and a girl. Unfortunately the boy died in his school leaving behind his sisters. That incident affected my aunt that she could no longer bear children which made her resolved to adoption. On the count, they has adopted 3kids all boys.

When they made the first move, family members objected saying no one knows what blood runs in them and all that so the child doesn't grow up and starts giving you headache. The second and the last had been good boys, exception of the fist that has been trouble in one way or the other.

A month ago, the first of 22years of age ran out of the house to an unknown destination, reports has been placed in different police stations and the motherless home where he was adopted just for a team of police investigator to call in two days ago from one of the southern states, saying they found his corpse somewhere there.

The whole thing has badly affected my aunt that she is loosing her mind to a point of insanity.

While lots of people are sympathizing with us, other are in a way blaming us for adopting a children from an orphanage home. A man even said it clearly that "adopted kids always bring shame, disgrace and pains to the home go into because they have bad blood running in them"

Even though i have not had any encounter with anybody adopted because most times they don't know they were adopted, but my experience with one of my adopted cousins is forcing me to believe what that man said.

Secondly, even though the other two are younger now, we fear when they start growing older, they might just cause us another pain... but
God forbid. My hearts is really heavy... What do you think about adopted kids or individuals
Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
its ok to adopt, in fact its so good to adopt as long as u gonn' treat them right as ur own child undecided

but its fearful to adopt on 9ja.... *whispers* juju stuff embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by yorex2011: 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2015
Adoption isn't a bad thing in itself, truth is many things in this life has some elememt of risk in it. D boy cud actually have turned out to be d next bill gates, so i think the whole scenario was just unfortunate for your Aunty.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 24, 2015
Should we now paint adoption all black due to your runaway adopted cousin tragic end? — Me says nope.

Why? — Because the truth is that's not the same story in every home. And it not like only adopted people run away.

No. Biological people do too.
So I'm sorry but your Aunty, was unfortunate.

In all clarity, Adoption is a good thing.
BTW, do you know that Bill Clinton was adopted? wink

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by crackhaus: 6:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
A child running away has nothing to do with him/her being adopted, some biological children run away too.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2015
It's not a bad thing to adopt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by Caracta(f): 9:01pm On Mar 24, 2015
Adoption is not bad. So unfortunate your aunt had a bad experience. So sad. The boy needed help. There is no bad child, something triggers bad events.

I would adopt 100 times over if I had the chance.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by cococandy(f): 10:34pm On Mar 24, 2015
Adoption is a good thing. It helps provide homes for homeless kids.
Any child can misbehave

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by Daresh(f): 10:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
SmartFaces:
I got a call from my mum this morning informing of the death of my aunt's adopted son who ran out of the house for one month now.

Many years back, before i was, my aunt's had two biological kids, a boy and a girl. Unfortunately the boy died in his school leaving behind his sisters. That incident affected my aunt that she could no longer bear children which made her resolved to adoption. On the count, they has adopted 3kids all boys.

When they made the first move, family members objected saying no one knows what blood runs in them and all that so the child doesn't grow up and starts giving you headache. The second and the last had been good boys, exception of the fist that has been trouble in one way or the other.

A month ago, the first of 22years of age ran out of the house to an unknown destination, reports has been placed in different police stations and the motherless home where he was adopted just for a team of police investigator to call in two days ago from one of the southern states, saying they found his corpse somewhere there.

The whole thing has badly affected my aunt that she is loosing her mind to a point of insanity.

While lots of people are sympathizing with us, other are in a way blaming us for adopting a children from an orphanage home. A man even said it clearly that "adopted kids always bring shame, disgrace and pains to the home go into because they have bad blood running in them"

Even though i have not had any encounter with anybody adopted because most times they don't know they were adopted, but my experience with one of my adopted cousins is forcing me to believe what that man said.

Secondly, even though the other two are younger now, we fear when they start growing older, they might just cause us another pain... but
God forbid. My hearts is really heavy... What do you think about adopted kids or individuals

You sound uneducated. Dont our own kids drive us crazy? You must think you are special because you know your parents so you think there is something wrong with adopted kids. Do they have two heads?

Steve Jobs was adopted, Bill Clinton was adopted you were not what special thing have you done?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by dont8(m): 10:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
I so much love this your comment, I've never for one day regretted e-knowing you, all a kid needs sometime is love which is usually absent in their life. Show a child love and see him/her blossom.

Btw, how have you been?

@OP, it's unfortunate your aunt has to pass through all this tragic events, God will console her but I must add, nothing is wrong with adoption, cheers.

Caracta:
Adoption is not bad. So unfortunate your aunt had a bad experience. So sad. The boy needed help. There is no bad child, something triggers bad events.

I would adopt 100 times over if I had the chance.

3 Likes

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by Caracta(f): 6:47am On Mar 25, 2015
dont8:
I so much love this your comment, I've never for one day regretted e-knowing you, all a kid needs sometime is love which is usually absent in their life. Show a child love and see him/her blossom.

Btw, how have you been?

@OP, it's unfortunate your aunt has to pass through all this tragic events, God will console her but I must add, nothing is wrong with adoption, cheers.

Fine. Haven't been seeing you around lately. You good?

2 Likes

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by SmartFaces(f): 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2015
crackhaus:
A child running away has nothing to do with him/her being adopted, some biological children run away too.

Thanks dear, i agree with you that there are biological kids who run away from home too or even do worse things than that. It's just so unfortunate that it ended like this. Thanks dear.

Nice day for you dear.
Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by SmartFaces(f): 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
cococandy:
Adoption is a good thing. It helps provide homes for homeless kids.
Any child can misbehave

You are right too dear, i know that, but in cases like, you will be forced to think other wise. thanks dear. how are you doing?
Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by SmartFaces(f): 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
Daresh:

You sound uneducated. Dont our own kids drive us crazy? You must think you are special because you know your parents so you think there is something wrong with adopted kids. Do they have two heads?

Steve Jobs was adopted, Bill Clinton was adopted you were not what special thing have you done?

You have a point and i also know that Bill was adopted too but in cases like this one maybe pushed to have negative thoughts about the whole thing. Hope you are good?
Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by SmartFaces(f): 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
dont8:

Btw, how have you been?

Thanks dear, kids whether adopted or biological needs love.

Hope you doing great?
Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by TheSonOfMark(m): 1:53pm On Mar 25, 2015
Daresh:

You obviously seem pained by the posts assertion. It opened up old wounds, didn't it?

STOP DIRECTING YOUR FRUSTRATIONS AT PEOPLE WHO AREN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PREDICAMENT.

1 Like

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by dont8(m): 2:53pm On Mar 25, 2015
Caracta:

Fine. Haven't been seeing you around lately. You good?
I'm very good, Thanks.

I'm on a busy mode of late, reason for my 'frequentless' comments.

SmartFaces:

Thanks dear, kids whether adopted or biological needs love.

Hope you doing great?
I'm doing great, thanks.

In the words/song of Micheal Jackson:

There comes a time when we heed a certain call
When the world must come together as one
There are people dying
And it's time to lend a hand to life
The greatest gift of all

We can't go on pretending day by day
That someone, somewhere will soon make a change
We all are a part of God's great big family
And the truth, you know,
Love is all we need

We are the world, we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So let's start giving/adopting
There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives
It's true we'll make a better day
Just you and me

Send them your heart so they'll know that someone cares
And their lives will be stronger and free
As God has shown us by turning stone to bread
So we all must lend a helping hand...

4 Likes

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by Daresh(f): 6:04pm On Mar 25, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

You obviously seem pained by the posts assertion. It opened up old wounds, didn't it?

STOP DIRECTING YOUR FRUSTRATIONS AT PEOPLE WHO AREN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PREDICAMENT.

I was pained because I totally hate it when people say crap like the OP did. I have no old wounds, but my sister in law was adopted and I see the joy she brings her mother. She makes her mistakes and so does every child so don't generalise.

5 Likes

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by Daresh(f): 6:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
SmartFaces:

You have a point and i also know that Bill was adopted too but in cases like this one maybe pushed to have negative thoughts about the whole thing. Hope you are good?

Look raising kids is a giant gamble. Its God who raises them and we pray everyday that our kids, biological or adopted turn out right. I have 2 biological kids and I pray one day to adopt another one and bring hope into someone else's life. And I'm good thank you. You?

3 Likes

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by KanwuliaJara: 9:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
Only if it a very UGLY one! kiss

1 Like

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by Ewuro4: 9:52pm On Mar 25, 2015
Daresh:

OP almost drove me into tears reading those harsh words... Ignorance is an incorrigible mental disability. So not worth fighting over..
It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by Raymie(m): 10:38pm On Mar 25, 2015
Let's not be too harsh on the OP. She's expressing her fears in the light of the circumstance befalling her at the moment. @OP, a bad child is a bad child, adopted or not. So do not (and advise yhur family not to as well) look at the other two boys with too much circumspect, else they may become detached. Its haunting for them as they are already. I'm an advocate for adoption cause IMHO 1adopted child = 1 chance of better living= 1 less burden/menace to society.

1 Like

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 26, 2015
"adopted kids always bring shame, disgrace and pains to the home go into because they have bad blood running in them"

The man who said that had complete control over the fact that he had [a] fortunate/responsible parent(s), I'm sure.

4 Likes

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by SmartFaces(f): 9:42am On Mar 30, 2015
Daresh:

Look raising kids is a giant gamble. Its God who raises them and we pray everyday that our kids, biological or adopted turn out right. I have 2 biological kids and I pray one day to adopt another one and bring hope into someone else's life. And I'm good thank you. You?

That sounds sweet to hear. i think i should have a better view to adopted kids and who knows i may also pick up one to make impact in someone's life.

Good morning.
Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by zeb04(f): 9:57am On Mar 30, 2015
Adoption isn't a bad idea.
It is a way of helping humanity also I don't believe in superstition although sceientifically,I know many things are inscripted into a child dna through birth but I firmly believe,Nuture trumps Nature.

Will I adopt ....Yes

1 Like

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by SmartFaces(f): 9:58am On Mar 30, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Only if it a very UGLY one! kiss

Lol!!! you are not serious. so if it is ugly, you won't adopt it? what if it's fine but gives you hell of problems, what will you do?

You are funny Allah. Good morning.
Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by SmartFaces(f): 10:04am On Mar 30, 2015
Ewuro4:

OP almost drove me into tears reading those harsh words... Ignorance is an incorrigible mental disability. So not worth fighting over..
It is well.

But you will agree with me that no matter how educated one is, there are situations one finds oneself and you really act in a way, this has nothing to do with been educated, it is a practical fact. so you better put those tears in their place please. Good morning and a nice week ahead.

1 Like

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by KanwuliaJara: 10:28am On Mar 30, 2015
SmartFaces:

Lol!!! you are not serious. so if it is ugly, you won't adopt it? what if it's fine but gives you hell of problems, what will you do?

You are funny Allah. Good morning.

You wan me to use my money to purchase WORWORITY? grin
Tufiakwa ooooooooh! cry

1 Like

Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by SmartFaces(f): 10:57am On Mar 30, 2015
Raymie:
Let's not be too harsh on the OP. She's expressing her fears in the light of the circumstance befalling her at the moment. @OP, a bad child is a bad child, adopted or not. So do not (and advise yhur family not to as well) look at the other two boys with too much circumspect, else they may become detached. Its haunting for them as they are already. I'm an advocate for adoption cause IMHO 1adopted child = 1 chance of better living= 1 less burden/menace to society.

Thanks alot e-friend. I will talk to them (my people) later because we are going through a hard time now. thanks dearie.

Nice day for you.
Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by SmartFaces(f): 10:59am On Mar 30, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
"adopted kids always bring shame, disgrace and pains to the home go into because they have bad blood running in them"

The man who said that had complete control over the fact that he had [a] fortunate/responsible parent(s), I'm sure.

Well, you can say that was his opinion.

How are you doing today?
Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by SmartFaces(f): 11:08am On Mar 30, 2015
zeb04:
Adoption isn't a bad idea.
It is a way of helping humanity also I don't believe in superstition although sceientifically,I know many things are inscripted into a child dna through birth but I firmly believe,Nuture trumps Nature.

Will I adopt ....Yes

I also will adopt when the time comes, if not for anything, just to put smile on someone's face. Thanks dear. Great week ahead for you.
Re: Is Adopting A Child Bad? by SmartFaces(f): 11:25am On Mar 30, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

You wan me to use my money to purchase WORWORITY? grin
Tufiakwa ooooooooh! cry

Kaiiii!!! My rips are cracking, na person wey God create you dey describe like that as in " worwority" People dey shaaa oh!!!

Kai please take care.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet / Rest In Peace Dad / Heavily Pregnant Girl Needs Serious Care.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.