Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,038 members, 7,807,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

“prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe (57242 Views)

'Ready For Real War' Iran And Russia Warns Trump They Will Retaliate If.. / From Germany: Us Tanks Arrives Latvia To Protect Europe’s Borders From Russia. / Iran Troops To Join Syria War, Russia Bombs Group Trained By CIA - Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 28, 2015
GBTYO:

Most Americans are renouncing their citizens and heading across the border to Canada which has a higher tax regime than the US.

A vast majority of Americans renouncing their citizenship do it because they are sick of what America has become and not for tax reasons.

Lolll. Half lie. Half exaggeration.

People should please free their panties from the collective bunch...falling hook, line, and sinker for this never-ending pantomime.
Re: “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe by Missy89(f): 1:11am On Mar 28, 2015
Appleyard:

Both sides are guilty of propaganda but i get your point thou. I actually believe the SU 24 story myself until i read that it wasnt really true on a pro Russian forum and the link a gave you (good website actually you can see a lot of Russian stuffs there from military to culture etc)

As for the lack of response to the Russian buzz, I think (but not sure) the story stated that the plane was clearly not armed and since it doesn't have an internal weapons pod, The crew probably saw that it was just a deliberate troll and we have to keep in mind that it is the black sea too (Russia's swimming pool) so there must be restraint in every response. We can speculate different scenarios
Re: “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe by castrogee(m): 3:07am On Mar 28, 2015
Appleyard:

Now, i percieve that what informed your opinion that the USS ship jamming claim was not true, could be as a result of the fact that the Khibiny jammer was not officialy stated as deployed on the Su-24 type of bombers (as evident in the link you posted above.) If thats the case, i must admit you just nailed home your point.

However, looking at it from another angle, not withstanding the West's habit of non reporting or 'doctoring' of the actual as it relate to such events that does'nt fit their 'mapped out' naratives and objectivity, many tends to follow the line of most of these alternative media bodies (the likes of which you called Putin fan boys, though many of them are actually truthseekers, or ''middle seaters,'' not actually Putin's fan boys) because, unlike most of the Corporate Main Stream Media, most are privately independent from States under cover control and blind reporting.

And when you take into consideration the fact that the US openly complained in the wake of the event that took place between the USS Cook and the Russian jet, one would see that certain facts conote some questions, which in turn, beg for answers.
For instance, this is'nt the first time this type of thing is happening at sea, and NEVER were
the CREW on board on such any encounter with Russia planes ''EVER BEEN DEMORALIZED.'' (though this also has been debunk as false)
But for the plane to make not just 1, 2 or 3 (at the most) simulation passes, but A WHOLE 12 in a row, and the Yankees did nothing about it? Except you wana say they were ENJOYING THE SHOW. And come to think of it, since when did a Russian pilot develop ''Mike Tyson's ball'' of steel that gave him the ''audacity'' to make TWELVE buzzing simulation fly-pass attack on a US formidable ship as this? is the pilot on drugs or an alien? (just wondering aloud.)
And the fact that the US complained aloud (when this is nothing new to them,) and where even ''forced'' to ''Mentained'' that the Donald Cook was more than ''capable'' to ''defend'' itself, speaks volume of what actually transpired over there.(who asked Warren if the ship can or can't defend itself?) Plus the fact that, Since that incident, which the Atlanticist media have carefully covered up (not even a mention of the encounter, let alone the jamming theory on most MSM headlines) despite the widespread reactions sparked among defense industry experts, no US ship has ever approached Russian territorial waters again. I dont know if this has changed, though.

I duff my cap for your analytical mindset and matured response!
Re: “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe by FBS: 11:10am On Mar 28, 2015
Missy89:

Russia technology is not Zero. Far from it. You should read up Russian inventions and science. One of the best in world actually. There are many reasons why Russian technology have not taken off commercially unlike the west. It has more to do with the political, and cultural factors of the country. take a look at tetris for example. If was a huge success in the west in the 80s but the inventor had to sneak it out of the Soviet union and got paid for the royalties way later after the USSR went burst. Russians generally celebrate their scientists as scientist and not as entrepreneurs. That has to do with the legacy of the Communism where getting rich quick with intellectual property was not a thing. another example is Alexander Prokhorov and Nikolai Basov that got the nobel prize for laser technology invention but never commercialized it.
This shows you are NOT on ground here as far as Russian or the level of technology goes. You believe the crap you read online. Dont do that.
If you are referring to the not so glorious USSR days (ever seen a "ГОРИЗОНТ" TV? cheesy) , I might be forced to agree with you, but nna mehn, its been zero in the last 2 decades and more.
Are you also aware that Russians rarely buy MADE IN RUSSIA? Cars, phones, equipments etc. Can you tell me why?

Missy89:
Fracking that is being used in the west today was a Russian idea. Russian scientists published the idea way back in the 60s but never really used, patent or commercialized it(I can keep going). The situation is just beginning to change now that Investors and IT based technology for profit is beginning to to be in vogue among the younger generation. Now we see stuffs like Yotaphone , Kapersky etc. It will take a while for most Russian scientists to have the same mentality like their counterparts in the west to make a quick buck off every invention or patent all their works and for a huge investor community to invest in most Russian tech like the silicon valley.

Point is Institutions, culture, and tradition do matter for technology to be successful. The Russian military industrial complex has been competitive that should tell you something. Afterall, most of the commercialized techs today are developed by the MICs (commercial airline, power plants, Internet, Microwave, Gps, synthetic rubber, duck tape,etc). The difference is while western commercial markets have been able to take advantage of the Military largess pumped into their universities R & D labs and made lots of money with it, the Institutions in Russia prevented it because free market or knowledge industries do not exist in a communist country.
You might want to read up more on fracking before coming to any conclusions.
Besides, this is 2015. What has Russia achieved since then? Heck, its the BIGGEST country on earth yet they can't even diversify their economy.

Missy89:

Apart from trying to be influential in Eastern Europe, There are legitimate economic and security interest for Russia in Ukraine. The country produce most of Russia military spare parts (The Russians can produce it but they prefer to ship it from Ukraine as a way to subsidize the Ukrainian economy. They are abandoning those industries and building their own plant on Russian territory now however). America is going to get the same thing Russia is currently experiencing in Ukraine. Since the 90s, The Russians have fed, subsidized and pampered Ukraine with many incentives but all this largess was in the hands of the few. The US/EU will do the same thing for a while and wont get their money's worth .Just a matter of time.
The main security interest in Ukraine is the Sevastopol Naval base for which Russia was supposed to be paying lease/rent every 10 years or so. (You can thank Timoshenko and part of the reason I believe she was jailed). When Yushenko refused to fall in line, he was duly poisoned.

They are milions of Ukrainians working and living in Russia and I see them virtually on daily basis, but please get off that notion that Russia is feeding and pampering Ukraine. They only get some subsidy for gas as the "transit country. This in my opinion is pretty normal.

Russia virtually does not produce ANYTHING. Everything is imported. How then can they just put a finger up and expect everyone to fall in line?
Re: “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe by Justinah4real(f): 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2015
giantstrides:
This is all just posturing from both sides, the war won't start now.
. Every day, preepare, why not start, or u dont want to leave your stolen treasures!!
Re: “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe by Missy89(f): 4:27am On Mar 29, 2015
FBS:

This shows you are NOT on ground here as far as Russian or the level of technology goes. You believe the crap you read online. Dont do that.
If you are referring to the not so glorious USSR days (ever seen a "ГОРИЗОНТ" TV? cheesy) , I might be forced to agree with you, but nna mehn, its been zero in the last 2 decades and more.
Are you also aware that Russians rarely buy MADE IN RUSSIA? Cars, phones, equipments etc. Can you tell me why?

You might want to read up more on fracking before coming to any conclusions.
Besides, this is 2015. What has Russia achieved since then? Heck, its the BIGGEST country on earth yet they can't even diversify their economy.

I think you should read what i wrote earlier again. Then you might understand. I would prefer counter arguments with facts and not cheap intellectual blackmails about you being on the ground and me reading crap online. I was very clear about what i wrote.

FBS:

The main security interest in Ukraine is the Sevastopol Naval base for which Russia was supposed to be paying lease/rent every 10 years or so. (You can thank Timoshenko and part of the reason I believe she was jailed). When Yushenko refused to fall in line, he was duly poisoned.

They are milions of Ukrainians working and living in Russia and I see them virtually on daily basis, but please get off that notion that Russia is feeding and pampering Ukraine. They only get some subsidy for gas as the "transit country. This in my opinion is pretty normal.

Russia virtually does not produce ANYTHING. Everything is imported. How then can they just put a finger up and expect everyone to fall in line?

You have no idea what you are talking about. Sevastopol was just a consolation and Timoshenko was not even jailed because of that. Far from it(I go into details but thats for another thread.) Ukraine was important because it would have made the Eurasian union a strong economic bloc. The world is being broken up into a series of Economic blocs and the Russian strategy since 9-11 has been to keep the Americans/West busy in the middle east and re organize the soviet bloc in form of an economic union which they would effective control since they would have the largest market/money. Russia has been subsidizing Ukraine since the 90s, You are even making my point for me. Over 3 million Ukrainians work in Russia and they can get to virtually any position in the country. Will the EU take in the 3 million labor force should Russia deport them? (Like they did to Georgia) The Donbass is heaving subsidized because they sell most of their products to Russia and most of Russia's military spare parts are imported from Ukraine (These are deliberate subsidies that was put in place to keep the country in the Russia orbit). There is nothing "pretty normal" about anything. Most of these factories are now being abandoned and new ones are being built in the Kaliningrad region. You think the EU is interested in buying Ukrainian goods?

Russia cares more about what happens to Ukraine than the west does. And while the Western interest in the place is only geo political, It is not the same with Russia.

1 Like

Re: “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe by Appleyard(m): 7:48pm On Mar 29, 2015
Missy89:

Both sides are guilty of propaganda but i get your point thou. I actually believe the SU 24 story myself until i read that it wasnt really true on a pro Russian forum and the link a gave you (good website actually you can see a lot of Russian stuffs there from military to culture etc)

As for the lack of response to the Russian buzz, I think (but not sure) the story stated that the plane was clearly not armed and since it doesn't have an internal weapons pod, The crew probably saw that it was just a deliberate troll and we have to keep in mind that it is the black sea too (Russia's swimming pool) so there must be restraint in every response. We can speculate different scenarios

Correct! Propaganda is the cloud trying to veil the eyes of our understanding and sense or ability to seive the fact from the conoting mist of propability, in a given event or situation. It has never been easy.

Yeah. Like i said, thats a very good link you provided, and permit me to again say, thank you!

On the Yankees non-response towards the Su-24, i think your thoughts are quite plausible. Howbeit, i still feel that something aside ''buzzing'' might have happened that we are not been told. But like you said, we can speculate on different scenarios, and yet, never get to the actual buttom of the truth. On this note, i am keeping my fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, i want to use this medium to thank you for the good work you are doing over here, especially as it relate to your level of analytical prowess that you have shown so far accross this forum. I particularly like your reply to a certain poster on this thread who myopically opined that Russia's input in the technological front is Zero. Your postulations cited with facts as it relate to Cultural background and the Unbriddled effect of communism, effectively scored home your thesis, in so much that, i need not post any reply to our misinformed brother.

Am glad that we have people like you, and the likes of Sir Shymexx, NairaMinted, etc, here on this
'' free barrack'' ccalled Nairaland..

Keep the light illuminating.

Stay well.

1 Like

Re: “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe by Appleyard(m): 11:05am On Mar 30, 2015
castrogee:

Thanks brother. We are trying our best to project the truth..
Re: “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe by Appleyard(m): 11:07am On Mar 30, 2015
castrogee:

Thanks brother. We are trying our best to project the truth..
Re: “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe by Coolbite(m): 3:58am On Apr 09, 2015
OnyeIbo:
This earth is not safe anymore. Make i kari my bag de go Mars. Who's coming?
O.Y.O. tongue. grin
OnyeIbo:
This earth is not safe anymore. Make i kari my bag de go Mars. Who's coming?
O.Y.O. tongue.
Re: “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe by khia: 10:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
Missy89:

What books? name some

I love your persistence. grin grin grin
Re: “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe by khia: 11:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
appini:
The way things are going on now, I don't think America can even win Nigeria in direct military warfare.

grin grin grin
Re: “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
The article is nothing but a big pile of bullshit. If u can believe d story, then u can believe anything.
Calm ur tittties, there's no nuclear war.
Stop arguing abt d military capabilities of countries u kw notin abt.
Bunch of keyboard journalists and conspiracy theorists
Re: “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:49am On Apr 19, 2015
ChokolateBoss:
The article is nothing but a big pile of bullshit. If u can believe d story, then u can believe anything.
Calm ur tittties, there's no nuclear war.
Stop arguing abt d military capabilities of countries u kw notin abt.
Bunch of keyboard journalists and conspiracy theorists

Of course this is. It also demonstrates how little these fools know about how the world actually works.
Re: “prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
DONBROTHER1:
Good one there,this is what i have been expecting. let them fight so that will can see the new world power after the battle.
if WWIII should happen earth would be no more....

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ex-President Mohammed Morsi Dies In Court In Egypt / People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) / Biden: No Peace Until Middle East Nations Recognize Israel's Right To Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.