Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. (43991 Views)

Wife Sends Husband To Prison For Marrying A Second Wife (Photos) / Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Temmytea70(m): 8:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
xynerise:

Wrong illustration.

XX and XY are used to determine the sex of your kids.

OK, sorry its your choice of letters.

not just to determine sex.......flash bak to ss1 down to 3....u'll remember
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by DollyParton1(f): 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
pickabeau1:

haha.....

If this is the short dude in question
Then you are both well met.

Carry goooo
Hahahahaha I know right.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by DollyParton1(f): 8:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
semochendo1:

If truly this is the guy commenting, I cover my face for you, you simply have no shame, perhaps, you are a less privilege. You obviously know your wife shows this much concern for height , which you don't have, and no hope of ever having, yet you are here forming "yemi my lover"..
I pity you.

Now a round of applause for you. grin gringrin
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Thomsbuky(m): 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
Dyt:
So its all abt height now?
U didn't see him short when u guys started?
Nothing person no go see/read for this NL life

Can u imagine ur utterance/writing?
I am disappointed
angry

Who care weather you disappointed or not...She asked for help to give advice whether height matter in marrying someone you love.. its either you gave advice or keep your peace (move on). NL is chatting medium to ask for advice when you having problems in making decision. However, you will be amazed with load of answers that you will receive to help you make informed decision. I must admit some of the answer are Barmy sometimes, while some are good ones.

Okay back to my contribution, height does not matter provided you love him and he care for you. Trivial issue like height does not stop you marrying someone you love. I will give you this mathematics equation where N1+ N1=P1, while N1 -n1 = -1 probability is your child might be even taller than both of you in future.. it all depend on God, gene and luck. However, you can be assured and don't be afraid your children will not be dwarf.

4 Likes

Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by mechanics(m): 8:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
Nt al d children wil b short 4rm elementary biology (genetics)
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by leonshom(m): 8:46pm On Mar 25, 2015
Wait, make I ask the elders about this angry grin grin shocked
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by cococandy(f): 8:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
is shortness now a deformity or disability? The way we ladies discriminate against short guys is not fair o lipsrsealed
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by HizMissy(f): 8:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
MoonCares:

Thanks so much sweetie.. I appreciate!! He loves me and I do love him too. Is just my kids that am been afraid of and nothing else. God bless you and please don't mind @Dyt been disappointed, she's free to be.. A

Your kids will find a way biko, u might have recessive genes of good height... cheesy
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 25, 2015
MoonCares:
Please I need advice from matured people.

There's this guy that am dating, he's so caring, lovely and humble. He is planning to marry me but he is short, though I have not gathered the courage to tell him my fears. Am average 5ft, but am taller than him. So am afraid that our kids will be short.

Please my fellow NL, I need your advice, I don't want to make mistakes in marriage. Though I have been praying to God for the right man.

Short o
Tall o
Long o
Bald o
Skinny o
Beer belly o
Bia bia wey dey like semi arid region o
Full goatee and side burns o
K or bow legs o
Ugly or handsome or average
Any man you want to marry must be attractive to you physically in whatever shape or form his God created him
You should be able to show him off proudly to your friends and family that he is the love of your life
If you are not able to do that and wish he were this ,that or the other, sotay kids wey you never born sef become considerations in the whole thing,Keep looking,you haven't found the one.

If I had fallen in love with King Pago I would have married him exactly like he is and would love any children we produced together whether they took after me or him.

5 Likes

Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by SirShymexx: 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2015
DollyParton1:

lol...... says the guy with all his teeth made up of razor. tongue tongue tongue

Loool.

That is why I have got two white gold teeth in my mouth lol.

Imma bite ya ar.se with that ish soon. Chics with fire in them are attractive tho. They're riders lol.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by styno22(m): 9:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
Babe just go and make research about is family history, if his dad is a tall man, then he may ve the gene for tallness in him that may express itself in ur children and also check ur family as well.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by anonym0us: 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
MoonCares:

You are very stupid for calling her a liar. Why are some people's mentality so so poor. Go ask around you will know is now not a must to write biology during weac, you can choose agric if you don't want biology.
bloody liar ..u are soo dumb go and collect ur school fees back
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by symbian03(m): 10:10pm On Mar 25, 2015
Chillis:
grin
grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin

this just made my day lol

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 25, 2015
Wants to thank everyone that contributed in one way or the other. May God bless you all.
For those that choose to insult me rather than advising, thanks but I assure you that when you will need a serious advice in your life, you won't get any.

Some thinks they come here for fun just to write anything they want,without considering how it will hurt the person that is seeking for an advice.

I really appreciate and may God bless us all.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by symbian03(m): 10:22pm On Mar 25, 2015
idu1:
Return all his money for him before I pour out my 2penny.....

Funny
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by toprealman: 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
Chinedu Ikezie of Aki and Paw Paw flick is happily married. FYI.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by chemmerfrank(m): 10:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
Biologically speaking... Add both your heights and divide by 2, + or -
5 inches would be your childrens height... Works most of the time. Not a sure rule..
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
MoonCares:
Wants to thank everyone that contributed in one way or the other. May God bless you all.
For those that choose to insult me rather than advising, thanks but I assure you that when you will need a serious advice in your life, you won't get any.

Some thinks they come here for fun just to write anything they want,without considering how it will hurt the person that is seeking for an advice.

I really appreciate and may God bless us all.

Don't bother about the insults,not everyone here has common sense
Just pick the relevant pieces of advise and move on

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 25, 2015
MoonCares:

There's this guy that am dating, he's so caring, lovely and humble. He is planning to marry me but he is short, though I have not gathered the courage to tell him my fears. Am average 5ft, but am taller than him. So am afraid that our kids will be short.

Please my fellow NL, I need your advice, I don't want to make mistakes in marriage. Though I have been praying to God for the right man.

Free the guy but don't open a thread in five years time regarding you still single and searching
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by SlamDunk(m): 11:10pm On Mar 25, 2015
MoonCares:

have you see prof yemi osinbajo, our future VP? who says your future short children won't be greater than him.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:22pm On Mar 25, 2015
are u realy sure that both of u will get marriage .. the question u will ask him first.. 1 is is he ready for marriage 2 does he has a good job... there is many tin u need to think about
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by itops(f): 11:34pm On Mar 25, 2015
MY DEAR, I SHARE YOUR FEAR, BUT YOU SEE , LOVE IS ALLTHAT MATTERS, THAT HE IS SHORTER ISNOT A GURANTEE THAT YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE SHORT. I HAVE SEEN CASES WERE HUSBAND AND WIFE ARE SHORT BUT END UP HAVING TALL KIDS. EVEN IF AT THE END THEY ARE SHORT, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING SHORT.

I HAD ALWAYS BEEN OF THE OPINION THAT , A MAN MUST BE TALL TO QUALIFY ME MARRYING HIM, BUT MATURITY HAVE THOUGHT ME THAT ALL THAT A WOMAN NEEDS IS LOVE AND RESPECT FROM HER MAN IRRESPECTIVE OF HIS HEIGHT.

FORGET TALL OR SHORT, FOCUS MORE ON LOVE AND RESPECT.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Tchiman(m): 12:24am On Mar 26, 2015
The question is........why did u start to date someone u have some kind of reservation abt?..... undecided.....
That being said,u look for his siblings and urs as well.if some of them are tall, that means u guys could have tall children and ofcourse less tall ones....it is a gene thing!
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Nobody: 4:01am On Mar 26, 2015
firstEVA:
are you an illiterate? Cos you sound like one.

That was harsh on someone else. Why?
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by donhils: 6:20am On Mar 26, 2015
MoonCares:

Let me talk from my understanding of genetics and inheritance, the height of the parents as a matter of fact affects the height of the children. These genes are inherited from both parents and it depends on the dominance and recessiveness of the genes for tallness (T) and that for shortness (t). So if U have the dominant gene and ur husband provides the recessive gene, that particular child will not be short but if it goes the other way round I'm afraid the resultant offspring will be short. However, environmental factors also play a major role in the height of the child. Adequate nutrition (not too much carbohydrate), less stress, mental and physical exercise etc are also important.
You can also get a rough ESTIMATE of ur children's height by adding the heights of both parents ( in inches), add 5inches for males and substract 5 inches for females and then divide by 2. This will give u an estimate of what to expect their heights to be like. Although it's just an estimate. But finally, God is the one that gives children and He makes them beautiful for His name's sake.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by litaninja(m): 7:08am On Mar 26, 2015
No o. Have no fears. All your children will be taller than Will Smith...
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Teespice(f): 7:27am On Mar 26, 2015
op,

don't let his height be the determining factor for marriage. from your post he's a good person character wise.

ever heard of the dominant and recessive genes. you are tall and he's not as tall, so who knows your children would be tall.

I am short as in 4 ft and not once am I bothered about my height. in the past, I have dated a guy who was at least 6 ft and character wise, it's zero.

not saying that all tall guys are jerks though.

final advice: a bird at hand is worth more than two in the bush.

ce fini
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 26, 2015
MoonCares:

You are very stupid for making this comment, you jump into conclusion without know the person, who told you she came to me because of money, you don't even know if am rich or not. Don't even say what you don't know. Rubbish mentality. Some guys think every girl is after a guy because of money. If you think like this, the person you will marry tomorrow won't love you but will love your money. Must you call her a delusional being.
are you getting married to a woman , your profile says female . I see you are the insecured guy. you might need a medical evaluation
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by schneid: 7:40am On Mar 26, 2015
Hi dear. Scientifically, it does not mean ALL your kids will be short. Is everybody in your family or his family short? It has to do with the dominant and recessive genes. Its possible you and your guy both have recessive genes for tallness and this might become dominant in ALL or some of your kids. In summary, its a 50% thing. If you love him, stick to him.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by nagoma(m): 8:39am On Mar 26, 2015
Alfranco:

It is a genetically proven fact that ''your height is generally determined by your father. Intelligence, emotional strength and body shape is determined by your mother". However, this shouldn't determine your choice of spouse as scientific facts aren't absolute. Besides some very tall folks are often born of parents whose heights are bellow average. And more importantly, only God knows tomorrow.

Reference please?
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by nagoma(m): 8:41am On Mar 26, 2015
schneid:
Hi dear. Scientifically, it does not mean ALL your kids will be short. Is everybody in your family or his family short? It has to do with the dominant and recessive genes. Its possible you and your guy both have recessive genes for tallness and this might become dominant in ALL or some of your kids. In summary, its a 50% thing. If you love him, stick to him.

Sorry sir height is a phenotypic trait that does not follow the Mendelian inheritance pattern , so dominant and recessive genes do not strictly apply in this case.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by felzylix(m): 8:55am On Mar 26, 2015
Picture of you two, else I'll say nothing

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady / "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady / Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.