Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,390 members, 7,781,119 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:21 AM

What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? (1737 Views)

Help: List Businesses A Student Start That Can Make Him/her Wealthy. / What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With 2.5 Million Naira? / What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With #50,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? by Damianobi(m): 9:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
I am a student of imo state university and have for long been thinking of the kind of business I can start up within my school premises that won't disturb my school activities.
Pls I nid advice from my fellow nairalanders.
All opinions count, Tank u.
Re: What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? by Jaraworldsms(m): 9:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
Become a bulk sms provider (reseller) in your school. It wont affect your studies

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? by wealthinfos(m): 11:53pm On Mar 24, 2015
Damianobi:
I am a student of imo state university and have for long been thinking of the kind of business I can start up within my school premises that won't disturb my school activities.
Pls I nid advice from my fellow nairalanders.
All opinions count, Tank u.

Get information others dont have, then exchange it for money. Discover the everyday needs of ur fellow students and try your best to provide them, then comes the cash flow.

Dazz all!

3 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? by jamalee: 12:16am On Mar 25, 2015
Hi guy. I like your courage. If you are living in a city/town in Imo State, you can offer car washing service at people's homes or in their respected location. You can also start a laundry business by washing people's clothes in your home. You can also offer your services to Students and Lecturers in your School. Guy you may see these two business ideas as a dirty jobs that is going to belittle you in the Campus. Don't look it like that. If you are interested in these two businesses, I will share you more tips that that can help you get started. Show interest first, then I will keep the ball rolling...
Re: What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? by gurusmac4: 2:16am On Mar 25, 2015
( Www.bizworld forum.com ) is a place for you .

Bizworld forum is a general Business Forum where people of any grade both novice and professional meet themselves to share ideas talk on how to start and manage business of there choice and also learn online business.

Www.bizworld forum.com
*close the gap^
Re: What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? by Damianobi(m): 6:37am On Mar 25, 2015
jamalee:
Hi guy. I like your courage. If you are living in a city/town in Imo State, you can offer car washing service at people's homes or in their respected location. You can also start a laundry business by washing people's clothes in your home. You can also offer your services to Students and Lecturers in your School. Guy you may see these two business ideas as a dirty jobs that is going to belittle you in the Campus. Don't look it like that. If you are interested in these two businesses, I will share you more tips that that can help you get started. Show interest first, then I will keep the ball rolling...

Pls share more tips, I'm kinda interested
Re: What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? by Damianobi(m): 6:38am On Mar 25, 2015
wealthinfos:

Get information others dont have, then exchange it for money. Discover the everyday needs of ur fellow students and try your best to provide them, then comes the cash flow.

Dazz all!

Thanks a lot, I got dat.
Re: What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? by jamalee: 10:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
Damianobi:

Pls share more tips, I'm kinda interested
Okay, these are the tips. First and foremost, you need to print an attractive fliers stating the services you render and include your contact information e.g phone number(s), email address, et al. If you want to win the heart of your potential clients/customers, give your business a name and have a logo for your business. Let your business name be sweet, easy to remember, and also stand out from the crowd. In short, build a brand image and a brand name for your business. Give your brand a simple phrase. For example, MTN has 'everywhere you go', glo has 'rule your world' etisalat has 'now you're talking', et al. Do you get my drift? For the car wash business, you are offering a mobile car wash because you will go to people's locations(homes, offices, parks, et al) to clean their cars. If you have the charisma, you can go ahead to wash tippers, man diesel, covered body trucks. You can also offer your services to car dealers in your area(if there's any) because car dealers always require the services of a mobile car wash to clean cars in their fleets so that it will be neat at all times to their potential clients/customers. You can even go ahead to have uniform for your business and have your brand name and image on it with your contact information. I am about to go to bed now. I will be sharing more tips tomorrow. Good night.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? by Iaz93: 11:23am On Mar 26, 2015
jamalee:
Okay, these are the tips. First and foremost, you need to print an attractive fliers stating the services you render and include your contact information e.g phone number(s), email address, et al. If you want to win the heart of your potential clients/customers, give your business a name and have a logo for your business. Let your business name be sweet, easy to remember, and also stand out from the crowd. In short, build a brand image and a brand name for your business. Give your brand a simple phrase. For example, MTN has 'everywhere you go', glo has 'rule your world' etisalat has 'now you're talking', et al. Do you get my drift? For the car wash business, you are offering a mobile car wash because you will go to people's locations(homes, offices, parks, et al) to clean their cars. If you have the charisma, you can go ahead to wash tippers, man diesel, covered body trucks. You can also offer your services to car dealers in your area(if there's any) because car dealers always require the services of a mobile car wash to clean cars in their fleets so that it will be neat at all times to their potential clients/customers. You can even go ahead to have uniform for your business and have your brand name and image on it with your contact information. I am about to go to bed now. I will be sharing more tips tomorrow. Good night.
Nice tips.

We need more of you, please. Kindly drop more tips. smiley
Re: What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? by ugo13(m): 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2015
The easiest business a students can do in school is retailing. I will say order from China but again it can be pretty stressful. I will advice you to order stuffs from website like www.bayaboss.com and retail. They sell stuffs in wholesale. It's quite profitable for a student. Dats Wat I do.
Re: What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? by jamalee: 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
Iaz93:
Nice tips.

We need more of you, please. Kindly drop more tips. smiley
For the dry cleaning business, just do thesame as the tips I shared for the mobile car wash business. One idea you can add to the dry cleaning business is this; dress in a corporate way and go advertise your business to busy individuals, busy executives, busy professionals in your area. Offer pickup and delivery service. Collect dirty clothes from your clients and take it an already established dry cleaning firm for cleaning. Put on uniform when you are on business. Price your service well and you will be smiling to the bank.
Re: What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? by amorebise(m): 3:14am On Mar 27, 2015
Look for a PROBLEM in the everyday student life, things they can PAY you to solve for them. Start small, charge them more than it cost you to produce the service.

Shikena!
Re: What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? by bauer00: 10:56am On Mar 27, 2015
ugo13:
The easiest business a students can do in school is retailing. I will say order from China but again it can be pretty stressful. I will advice you to order stuffs from website like www.bayaboss.com and retail. They sell stuffs in wholesale. It's quite profitable for a student. Dats Wat I do.
so like what product do u think wil be marketable with ease among students
Re: What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? by ugo13(m): 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2015
bauer00:

so like what product do u think wil be marketable with ease among students
Watches esp vintage leather watches,powerbanks, flashdrive, midrings etc.
Re: What Kind Of Small Trade Can A Student Start Up?? by Ademat7(m): 1:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
Firstly u need to stop being lazy and go outside ur room,take a pen and an jot what are the things people stress themselves to get in ur area or campus then post it here and expert here will tell u how to turn them to business. By the way make inquiry abt data analysis for project student on campus it is one biz that will continue to b viable on campus till eternity

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Unlimited Free Browsing For Mobile Phone & Computer / Various Ways Of Making Money Online / Strategy And Business Models

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.